I just died in your arms tonight
[html] Dierdre was feeling a lot better now that she was outside. It had been such a long time since she'd gotten to go outside, since she had been strong enough to. She was excited; she wasn't sure what she wanted to do first, now that she was out. Before she had been really out of it...she could remember seeing things while she was sick, like winged wolves and flying deer...she must have been really, really ill. Taking her first few steps out of the den was the hard part-her legs shook a little. She hadn't realized how long she had been out...she'd lost some of the strength in her limbs from laying down for so long.

She sighed happily, feeling the snow crunching down beneath her feet. Dierdre had always enjoyed the snow, whether it was in big, soft piles on the ground or whether it had a shiny, slick and icy top on it. If it was soft she could run around and play in it, and if it was icy she could slide on it. Maybe the Yawraw was frozen over by now. She started to walk slowly toward the river, sliding along over the snow. Dierdre was by no means a small wolf, and she was surprised that the snow was able to hold all of her weight without cracking.

She reached the river and gasped--it was one of the most beautiful sights she'd ever seen. The water was completely iced over, the top sparkling in the morning light. Last year at this time she had been worried about her mother's disappearance...and she hadn't been on the lands to see this. Her tail waved back and forth as she went a little closer to the water. She leaned over, pushing her nose against the ice. "It's cold! And hard!"[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... etable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:155px; background-position:bottom center;">

_____ When Pilot had first started spending more time with Dierdre, they had caught and cooked a fish together. Those were the memories that he really cherished and which led him in the direction to end up as mates. He had gone out early that morning to collect fire wood with the intent on creating a nice warm fire for Dierdre to sleep near. She hadn’t been feeling well for a while now, and he tried to offer any help that he could provide. After all, he loved her. And he tried to make her feelings come first.

_____ Now that he was a Luperci, things such as collecting fire wood was a simple task that would have normally been tremendously straining the year before. He tried to find the driest wood possible – mostly pieces that hadn’t been saturated in the snow for very long. He was making his way back home, trailing along Yawrah, when he saw Dierdre. A smile trailed his lips and he made his way towards her.

_____ "Dierdre," he breathed in the frigid air. He placed the wood pile in a heap in the snow before crunching his way towards her. The river was frozen over causing it to sparkle in the morning light along with the rest of the snow that covered the grounds. Dierdre looked more beautiful than the scenery, though. No matter how sick she had been earlier. "Good morning, sweet pea." He grinned, as he crouched down next to her and placed a outstretched hand on the ice.

[/html]
[html]It had made sense to her after a while, that she and Pilot would become mates. They were often together, and she enjoyed his company more than anyone else’s. Well, anyone except Phoenix, maybe. She would have to make sure that she went up to visit him soon; she wanted to keep up to date with the things that were going on in the pack. What had happened to Iskata? Was the friendly white female still hanging around? She would visit her too, if she could find her.

Dierdre had a lot to do, now. But she’d have to start somewhere, with something smaller. Her wobbly feet took her down even closer to the frozen water, and she put a paw down experimentally upon it. It didn’t crack beneath her weight. She thought about going onto it to play, or slide around, but would her legs be able to stand it? She could barely walk on solid ground…she wasn’t sure if she could walk on slippery surfaces.

When she heard her name being shouted, by someone nearby, she jumped. Her leg went out beneath her because of the sudden jolt and she lost her balance, falling over onto her side in the snow. It might have been comical if she had done it on purpose. She stood up again, shaking the snow out of her coat as best she could. ”Still having a little trouble working my legs right…probably because I was laying down so much”

She greeted him enthusiastically when he came nearer, nosing his ruff a little. ”Good morning to you, too! I haven’t ever seen the river like this before…it does this every year? She put her paw beside his, scratching at the frozen surface. ”It’s so…strange."

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... etable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:155px; background-position:bottom center;">
Sorry for taking so long. :]

_____ "I bet once it gets a little bit colder, we’d be able to walk over it and not even realize it was there." Just an educated guess, but Pilot wasn’t positive that was realistic or not. He turned to her, and brushed away the snow from her fall that had dusted her fur. Not that it was entirely visible, considering the two were completely white, but he did it out of love for her. He loved just being near her and being able to find a strange sort of comfort from her touch. He didn’t really understand much of the time, but he knew that he liked it. He figured this is what is felt like to be in love.

_____ "Are you feeling alright besides that, though? If you start to feel cold or anything, we can go back inside. I just went to get some firewood for us – didn’t want you to freeze. " He looked to her eyes and felt that he could almost melt in them. If anyone were to ever ask him his favorite color, he would know the answer. It wouldn’t be one, but two colors. The colors of Dierdre’s eyes. Not just any yellow or blue, but the sparkling hues that stared back at him.

[/html]
She couldn't imagine that. Walk over it? She would probably be too afraid to try that; too afraid that she might break through the ice. She'd fallen into the water once before, when she had been little...it'd been really scary. She could still remember the feeling of the water in her mouth, gagging her, pulling her under, even as she stood on top of the frozen surface. She took a decided step back from the water, and a half step closer to Pilot. If she could be any closer, anyway.

Just being near him made her happy; she didn't know why. Nobody else made her feel that way. She loved Phoenix, as her father, but this was a different kind of love.

"I'm just a little cold..it's not too bad. I can help you carry the wood back, if you want--I really want to get some of my strength back. As fast as I can. Or..would that tire me out too quickly?" She wasn't sure. She wanted to be helpful, but she didn't want to make herself worse. "Maybe..you can carry it back, and I'll start the fire"
[html]

_____ "Sure, you wouldn’t want to over exert yourself." Pilot rose to his feet and brushed the snow away from his fur, sending the loose flakes falling towards the ground. He ventured back towards the wood pile he had already gathered and drew it up in his arms, before turning back towards Dierdre. "I admire your will power, but you’ve got to let me take care of you." He said it with a large grin, nothing controlling or forceful at all. All that he meant by it was that he was there for her. He wanted her to know that.

_____ He took a few steps back towards her, making sure that she could get up and move along with him. After all, he knew that she was still feeling a little bit shaky, what with her slight tumble earlier. "I think a nice fire would be a perfect way to spend the evening, don’t you?" He couldn’t get enough of cuddling close to his love.

[/html]
[html]Haha, I bet everyone reading this thread is all grossed out by the cuteness xD you can PP anything you need to in your next post-them going inside and stuff ^^;

"Of course"She didn't argue with him; it was useless. He wasn't kidding...and she would admit it, that she wasn't feeling quite up to carrying the wood. Dierdre was stubborn sometimes, just as stubborn as her mother and father, but today just wasn't one of those days. Today was a resting day. She followed beside Pilot, back toward the den. Once they got some of the wood inside she'd begin to start a fire, a tough, but physically easier task.

Dierdre had been too sick to do anything but lay down and rest lately; it was nice to be able to run around a little bit, to stretch her legs. She had been bored by herself sometimes, the few times that she'd actually been aware of what was going on around her, but had known that Pilot couldn't spend his whole day with her. Besides; she hadn't wanted him to catch whatever it was that she'd had. Now that things were better, that she was feeling better, new doors were opening. She would enjoy being able to sit up and watch the fire with him.

"I think so. There are a few fish in the back that we could cook--carrying all that wood's going to make you hungry"[/html]
[html]
Probably, hahaha.

_____ "That would be great." He shuffled the pile of wood that he was carrying in his arms as to reposition them. After awhile, the rough bark of the logs started to bear into his arms and create pressure along his muscles. Readjusting them offered temporary relief for him, though it wouldn’t be too much longer until they made it home. "I wonder when it’s going to snow again," Pilot said, casting his gaze towards the sky that was cast in a sheet of grey. It was almost a mirror of the ground below, with the exception that the snow was white. "It looks like it might drop some more anytime soon," he added.

_____ He glanced towards Dierdre, offering a smile. Just ahead of them was their den, and Pilot’s arms thanked the hopeful sight. He was glad that he had taken the wood and that Dierdre hadn’t. He was sure it probably would have used up any energy she had reserved within her. "Home sweet home," Pilot chided, before settling the wood down near the entrance. He couldn’t wait for that fish to be ready.

[/html]
[html]When she'd woken up earlier she had cleaned out the den a little, getting rid of the furs that she'd lain on while she was sick. She could get more furs from the cabin in Chimera, where Physe had left his winter store, later on...she'd needed to get rid of the old ones immediately. They smelled like sickness, and she had been afraid that if they'd been left in there, one of the two would catch the illness again. That would be no good.

Dierdre looked up toward the sky when he pointed, observing the odd color. "It's a good thing you saw me out there, or I might have got caught in in the storm" She said, nodding. "I do like snow...just not in huge amounts" Dierdre went inside and got the fire started relatively quickly, clicking the rocks together and sparking the timber into life. Pilot loved fish and Dierdre had aquired a taste for it as well; it was all that she ate, now.

The good thing about it was that it could be prepared a lot of different ways. And each type of fish tasted a little different, so they could have a lot of variation while still having the same general dish. "Fish kabobs sound okay?" She asked, setting the spit up over the fire. She had a few herbs in the back that she could use for seasonings, to give the fish a slightly different taste.

Dierdre glanced to the den behind her for a moment, then looked back toward Pilot. "After supper I've got something to show you--something that Dad helped me pick out for you. A gift"[/html]
[html]

"Fish kabobs sound wonderful." Who had thought of that name? It made a smile appear on his face every time he heard it. It was like a child’s name for a rather simplistic meal. Dierdre, however, always made it a little different each time with the herbs she kept stored in their den. Pilot, on the other hand, knew nothing about herbs. Sure, he could attempt to sprinkle some on, but the taste would be too salty or sweet. He looked forward to her freshly cooked fish – it was definitely a great change from those days when he ate self prepared salads every night.

He settled down next to her, watching her stoke the fire before preparing herself to cook their dinner. He crossed his legs like a pretzel, watching the flames lick at the wood and slowly rise in height. It would be only minutes before the fire would be hot and ready to roast their delicious dinner. "A gift? For me?" He asked then, letting his eyes travel from the flame to the girl that made his heart warm. "I’m interested to see", he replied, grinning.

[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself
You can PP Dierdre bringing it out, if you want to

it's just a different scene

She was glad that there was at least one thing that she could do right, and that was cooking. She might not be very good at making friends, or catching prey…but fish were easy enough to get, and easy to cook. Physe had taught her enough about fires for her to never be without heat, and that was a useful thing as well.

There were times that she wondered if she should have been let back into Storm after she’d left it for the first time…if she had the right kinds of skills to help support a pack…but maybe she did. Maybe it was right that Phoenix had let her back in. Back then he’d been a gamma, and he’d had the authority to let her in by himself.

It didn’t take long for the fish to cook, and she wrapped a piece of cloth around one hand, taking the ends of the spit and lifting them, sliding the fish off onto two different plates. Human utensils made the werewolves’ lives so much easier. ”He helped me fix it, a little, but it was pretty bad when we got it.” She and Phoenix had gone to the shop and picked it out, then fixed all the frayed strings.
[/html]
[html]I know, I know! I'm late. ;D

Pilot’s eyes watched interestedly as Dierdre worked her magic – finishing up the cooking of their fishy dinner and preparing their dinner plates. Sure, this life was a lot different than what he had expected it to be, but he was perfectly content with that. His decision to become a Luperci made things so much easier. He was glad that he had Dierdre to encourage him to make the change.

"It smells delicious!" Placing the plate it his lap, Pilot picked up his set of human utensils and cut into the tender meat of the fish. This was the best meal, he had decided. Especially with the special herbs and things Dierdre put on it to bring out the wonderful flavors. "Phoenix helped you? Well, then, I guess that makes it even more special." He took a first bit of his fish, grinning in satisfaction to the perfection of its taste. Looking to Dierdre, he tilted his head. "Is it something… big?" He asked then, playfully trying to guess what it could be.

[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself
Usually it's me :o No worries

it's just a different scene

She couldn't wait to show him, but at the same time she was a little bit anxious about it. What if he didn't like it at all? She'd gotten a few music books so that he could learn, but maybe he would think that it was too time consuming. The violin beat out the other gift she had been thinking of getting for him, a weapon for hunting. A bow wouldn't have done him much good, since he didn't often hunt rabbits and never hunted squirrels...so she had given it to her mother instead. She would go back later for one for herself, if she could remember how to get to the shop.

Dierdre reached behind her in the darkness, pulling out the case. He couldn't see it if it was in the case, so she wasn't exactly showing it to him yet. "Sort of big. There were bigger ones, but I thought that this one looked like the best, definitely" She put the music books beside the case, picking up her fork and starting to eat her fish as well. It really did taste good, better than usual even. Maybe it was just her good mood.
[/html]
[html]

Pilot used the metal utensils to cut the tender meat on his plate, though his eyes often flicked over to his mate solely to take in her beauty. The river fresh taste in his mouth was one that he had grown accustomed to, and it always made him feel warm and content. It wouldn’t be unusual for Pilot just to want to cuddle in their fur skin rugs after they had their dinner. After all, just lying with Dierdre and enjoying those moments of silence were precious. Pilot could honestly say that that was when he felt the closest to anyone.

As she moved the case out so that he could see, Pilot titled his head to the side. Mentally he asked questions: What’s that? It that my present? But he soon realized that was only the case in which his present came. He looked back to Dierdre with a warm smile. "Ohh, I can’t wait to open it up and see what you have inside!" He didn’t know that it was in fact a violin. But after discovering the cases contents, he was sure to find that he was actually a musically inclined wolf.

[/html]