(I can't get no) Satisfaction
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... tomvi0.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

This cold rain stuff was the pits. The pumpkin pup wanted to go out and explore! Go out and have some fun! But he didn't want to get all wet and cold in the process. The rain was even worse than the snow. At least the snow didn't really get you wet. When he was wet and it was cold it seemed to seep down right into the very core of him. It was a yucky, bad feeling. But being holed up in the den all day wasn't a very happy alternative. Haven was the kind of boy who always wanted to be doing something. He definitely wasn't a homebody.

Then he remembered that forest on the edge of their lands. The trees were so thick that even the snow hadn't been able to fall there! Maybe he could go play there and be shielded from the nasty rain! Excited at this new prospect he took off at breakneck speed, doing his best to avoid getting too wet along the way.

As he crossed into the forest and then past Crimson Dreams' borders her gave a big shake, sending water droplets flying everywhere. Jade eyes looked up at the huge canopy made by the trees. There was still some rain pouring in, but nothing like it was outside of the forest. Pleased with his brilliant discovery he bounded into the trees, jumping in puddles.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... able01.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
__Out of character speech.

It had been days now, but it was hard to forget the smell of burning flesh and the sounds of Zana and Iskata crying out. He had walked for miles, trying to escape those sounds in his head. It was useless though. Those were memories he'd keep forever. Even more than poor little Zana's pain, he couldn't chase Iskata's maddening sobs from his mind.

Restless feet brought the white man in his lupus form to this dense forest. He actually didn't really remember how he had gotten there. But it was a relief to be out of the rain. Because it was winter, the rain was really harsh and cold. It was worse than snow. He might have felt bad for neglecting taking the cattle for some exercise, but he doubted that the bovines wanted to be out in this weather anyway. They were safe in the warm barn. He'd return there later to rest in the loft.

His ocean blue eyes scanned an autumn colored puppy. His tail began to wag despite his previous thoughts. He loved kids. Although now he was full grown, he felt more akin to them than the any of the other adults. Why did life always have to be so serious anyway?

"Hi there!" the white man said enthusiastically, his tongue hanging out and a bounce in his step as he approached the puppy. He really was a cool color.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... tomvi0.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Hi! Big Grin
wc 337

The young boy was making a rather interesting discovery in his puddle-jumping. Some of the puddles were just that: puddles. But some were different. On some of them there was a little layer of ice covering the top. When he jumped in those they made funny crunchy feelings under his feet. And when he looked at them he could see the little crystals floating around in the water. They were mesmerizing, dancing around like that. Often he would find himself staring at them for long stretches of time whenever he happened across them. Finally there were puddles that weren't really puddles, just holes filled with ice. Now, it was not fun to jump on those! They were hard and hurt if you jumped on them. The pup was taking special care to be able to spot them with his eyes so he didn't have to find out the hard way.

Delightfully, he had just found another puddle with the icy things in it! After jumping in it he shook off his paws and stared intently. There they were again! The little dancing crystals! They were so cool! He wished that he could somehow take them home to show his family, but he didn't think that there was any way to do that. Maybe he could bring them out here to show them! Like a little trip or something. That would be fun!

Haven was so intent on the icy puddle that he didn't even hear the big white wolf coming over to him. When the other said hello, he bolted up, head searching around for the owner of the voice. It didn't take long though. If it had been outside the forest where everything was snow, it would have been harder to spot the wolf. But in here he was easy to see. The startled look was wiped off his face and replaced with a large grin. He padded over to meet the guy. "Hello!" he said enthusiastically. "My name's Haven! You hidin' from da rain toos?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... able01.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
__Out of character speech.

Pepe grinned at the orange pup. "Hi Haven," he said. "My name is Pepe." His eyes scanned over the trees, their cover thick like fog over the two of them. They created a net, a cradle to shield them from the rain. How cool was that! "I don't like to get wet very much," Pepe said, nodding in agreement. The rain wasn't his favorite thing in the whole world. But then again, who liked it all that much anyway? There was only so much dancing you could do in the rain before you got cold and your coat got heavy from the water.

He bent his head toward the puddle Haven had been playing in. His ocean blue eyes lighted up with his smile. He bent his nose to the water and blew slightly, sending the little ice pieces floating in all new different directions. "I love these kinds of puddles," he confided in the puppy. It might have been strange to see an adult wolf playing in a puddle, but there weren't any other adults around, just the two boys.

[/html]
[html]

Already he could tell that he liked this guy. He was really nice! And he seemed to have that same glint in his eyes that Haven always had. It was more of a puppy-glint he thought. Or at least he didn't see that kind of thing in many grown ups. He had a really cool name too! "Hi's Pepe! That's a fun name. Pepe!" The boy couldn't help it, it was fun to say! Maybe it was the repetition that made it so fun. Haven didn't really think about it though. All he knew was it was fun and wasn't concerned as to the reason it was.

The pumpkin pup watched interestedly as Pepe went to the puddle he had been examining. The older male blew on it and sent the ice crystals flying in all new directions. He hadn't even thought of that! All he'd been doing was stepping in them or dipping his toes in to make them dance. "You do? Reallys?" he exclaimed. Okay, so Pepe was officially awesome. "I been playin' with them ever since I came in here. They're so cool!" He tried his own hand at blowing at the puddle, giggling happily as the ice moved around again.

[/html]
Pepe was glad to have found a pup. The only one he had met so far here had been Willow. He had also met Skylar, DaVinci's daughter, but she seemed firmly glued to Iskata's side. She was growing up too fast, he thought. But it wasn't his place to figure out how to parent a child. The only way he knew how to talk to children was on their own level. Playing with them made sense to him. It helped them to grow and helped the adult to gain a better understanding of them.

"Don't put your nose into puddle water," the white man said. He had learned from experience that the icy puddle water was cold. For such a little amount of water, it was freezing. It was even colder than being immersed into an icy lake. A wolf's nose was very sensitive, and Pepe had learned to treat his sniffer with a lot of respect.

"What other games do you like to play, Haven?" Pepe asked excitedly. He wagged his tail in excitement. He looked around the trees to give him a big hint. With all the trees around, it would be perfect to play hide and seek. Or maybe tag. Or maybe the orange puppy had another better idea.
[html]

He liked it when adults played with him and acted more like pups themselves. That's the kind of grown-up he wanted to be when he was, well, grown-up. At times it seemed like he was in a rush to grow up, which was partially true. He couldn't wait until he was able to shift and do all those things that you needed hands and fingers for. Like playing the piano and stuff. At the same time he didn't want his personality to change. Haven couldn't imagine himself ever being an overly serious wolf.

"Yahs, is cold! Before I was using mah paws to make the ice crystal-thingys dance." If it was cold on his paws he could only imagine how cold it would be on his nose. Yikes! The boy decided to take Pepe's word for it and not find out for himself. At the mention of games his tail wagged so hard it made his bottom wiggle. "I loves games! Lots o' games! I loves to use my imaginations! An' hide-n-seeks is fun!" With how many trees there were all around it would be a great place for hide-n-seek.

[/html]