nothing short of impossible
Sankor had left his sibling to do the hunting for a den to stay in, he wouldn't admit to Ade that he was interested in exploring the human houses and that they seemed more reasonable to living in the wintermonths where digging was going to be hard work if they couldn't find a nest large enough. He shook his head and atleast hoped that his sister would be able to find a cave or an abandoned den. He told her he would go hunting for one on his own but secretly he was wondering if he'd be able to find Cwmfen again. He didn't know anyone else in the pack and he'd rather like to see if she could atleast give him some information on who he might run into before he made a seriously fatal error somewhere along the lines.

He felt guilty, knowing that Ade probably would have benefitted from the knowledge he might gain as well but he promised himself if he learned anything interesting that he would send it on down the line to help his sister, he knew she probably could use all the help she could get. He was determined to atleast help her out, seeing how this was his idea and she wasn't none to thrilled to have been sucked into it, though she'd allowed him to lead them on to Dahlia de Mai. He shook his head and hoped that she didn't have too tough of a time with meeting others while she was den hunting, he on the other hand was ready to find Cwmfen and learn a thing or two.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hope this is a better length~!
300+

Cwmfen trotted with an easier gate. Having wandered, and this time to the city of Halifax, her mind was eased. Lately, she had found that when her self training did not calm her mind, a good walk would. Usually, the walk was only a few hours, but the matter of the Lilium approaching her den had been more than mildly stressful to her mind, and she had wandered far. However, having returned, the woad-marked female was at ease once more, returning to her naturally serene demeanor. Yet, the sadness and longing still remained—as it always would, she felt. It was not, however, a self pity so much as it was an acceptance. The woad warrior was a simple creature with simple demands. She was not high maintenance—or so she believed. As a worshipper of the nature deities, the black female had very few material desires. And so, it was easy for her to let go of needless things. At times, the female could be terribly pragmatic.

Currently, the female paused in her travels. The woad-banded maw sniffed the cold air, scenting the boarders of the land. It was beginning to feel a bit like home.... The black feet stepped over the individual boundaries once more as she slipped into the cover of the woods. Once she had traveled a comfortable distance into the land, the warrior paused once more. Lowering herself, the woman shifted, reverting back to her lupus form. Once the change had occurred, the she-wolf lay momentarily upon the cold, snow covered earth, finding it ironic how the change she had just overcome had so many similarities to the evolution that humans preached.

As the female made her way towards her den, she caught the scent of a familiar wolf. Sankor. The woad-marked female wasn’t sure how she felt about the mahogany male. She admitted that, while it had crossed her mind, she was surprised that he had decided to join Dahlia de Mai, though she wasn’t sure why. Everything about this male seemed unexpected. Curious, the female found herself following the scent, and, having quickened her pace, it was not long before she caught up to him. As his form came into view ahead, she called out, "Sankor! What are you up to?" in a quiet, yet amiable tone. A light smile was on her maw as the white eyes flowed over him.

[/html]
The rich pelted male had been facing away from the exotic beauty as she'd come upon him. He'd been following her old scent and yet he knew that he could follow that trail clear across the lands and back. He was really just roaming at random and hoping that their paths would cross. The soft voice was music to his ears as he jumped slightly, his thoughts of the ebony female interupted by the voice of the one he sought. Turning his head quickly he gave her a guilty grin as his tail wagged happily at actually having found the lady. Leaping out of the snowbank he shook the white powder from his fur as he chuckled. "I was hoping I'd run into you!" he said, not realizing how eager he sounded as he moved forward to meet the woad marked warrior.

He knew that he really should be putting his time to better use, getting to know the packlands and finding a den but he was hoping that maybe Cwmfen could help him along the lines, perhaps be his guide for the day or atleast he could trail after her at her duties and learn more of the pack. His eyes twinkled as he admitted. "I'm a little new to this type of life.. and I think I need help." He teased softly. He knew he really didn't need help, it was all common sense and all he had to do was keep his head up and his nose clean.. but knowing who one's friends and enemies, or atleast.. who one's packmates were could prove to be vital information oneday. He really didn't want to be patroling the borders and nearly run their own leader off. IT would be just his sort of luck..

Giving her that silly little guilt stricken grin once more he hoped he could win her over for the day atleast, granted he wouldn't be in her way.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

300+

"I didn’t mean to startle you," Cwmfen laughed quietly—a clear sound that rang like a silver bell in the air about her. The sound should not be described a giggle or a chuckle, but merely a laugh of a woman. The sound was mirthful as she smiled at the other. The mahogany male’s bright mood seemed to lift the shadows of the prior night from her, and her mind became less troubled. Indeed, as his words dictated, he did seem to be happy to have found her. But she wondered what it was that could have startled him so. Perhaps it was merely that he had been alone and that her sudden appearance had startled him. Yet, she could not believe that it would have startled him that much. But then, perhaps she was over thinking the situation, for not all were trained to listen to the approach of others. And it was, after all, within the pack lands where no trouble should frequent. "How’s life in Dahlia de Mai?" The black fae’s head tilted inquisitively to the side as the smile danced upon her maw. Then, to herself, she wondered why he had hoped that they would meet.

"Anything in particular?" the woad warrior asked. The white orbs considered the other brightly. "You said yourself that you knew these lands already—you probably know them better than I." When she had initially joined Dahlia de Mai, she had spent the first few weeks exploring the lands. But as soon as she began to meet other wolves of the pack, she had begun to wander again. There was much still that she did not know of these lands that were now her home. Perhaps that was a dangerous thing. As Head Warrior, it would be wise, she decided, to become intimate with the land, for if conflict should arise, at least she should know her own grounds. After, she would learn of the topography nearby, for knowing such things would be equally important.

"Well, I’ve just returned to Dahlia, so I suppose it’s lucky that you did find me," the warrior stated quietly. "I suppose I’m free all day...."

[/html]
He grinned at the woman as she laughed and apologized for startling him. He just shook his head and smirked. "I'm glad you did.." he said honestly. He liked the sound of her voice, the laughter that rang out in the clear air as he watched her. The soft smile never left his lips as he watched her move to join him. He knew that she shouldn't have been able to startle him so but he had been caught out thinking about the woman. "Besides, I was just thinking of you.." He was so foolish for blurting out what he was thinking, but the truth was the best policy and he had been thinking about her. Grinning sheepishly he pawed at the ground lightly, hoping she wouldn't take the comment wrong.

Sankor cleared his throat as she started in on the questions and comments, seeming to answer her own before he could even get a reply off. He shook his head as the world seemed to start to spin as he chuckled and grumbled. "Do I get to answer?" his eyes sparkled as he glanced at her before sighing. "Now I didn't say anything about the lands did I?" he asked as he tilted his head to the side and studied the woman with soft eyes. "I was wandering more about the other packmates.." he said as he dug at the snow again, hoping that she wouldn't have any problem with helping him out.

He was nearly holding his breath when she admitted that she was free all day, letting out his breath softly he smiled and finally remembered to answer the question she had asked.. and hadn't made her own reply to. "Oh.. I'm not sure how life is yet.. we've only just begun and there's a lot we've got to get use to." He cleared his throat as he admitted pathedically. "I've never lived in a pack.. so this is like exploring a whole new world.." He really wished it didn't feel thatway, like this was a whole new adventure. He knew he wasn't going to say it to Ade like that, but Cwmfen was a whole other story.
[html]

300+

The black wolf smiled at the other, a soft smile that seemed to hold a certain amount of melancholy, or perhaps regret. Briefly, her mind reminisced upon the conversation she had had with Geneva, particularly the last few words that had been exchanged. She wondered now if there was something that she felt to this wolf, and yet always another brown male wanted to occupy her mind. They were foolish thoughts, and she knew it. But she had given something to him, and she had felt (or did she feel it even now?) something flicker in her soul. And so brief was that flicker, so unfamiliar, that she could not discern what it was. She wanted to ask, Why were you thinking of me? She wanted to know what that meant. But she found that she could not voice this thought as he had, and thus that twisted smile as she turned her white gaze towards the snowy earth. The black claws tickled the snow, perhaps with a hint of some violent intent.

"Forgive me," she replied, almost shyly as those white eyes looked back to the mahogany male. "I don’t converse much with others.... When I talk, it’s almost as if I’m thinking, and I tend to get a head of myself." Even though she had changed much with the Long Nights, there was much of her that had remained unchanged. —And yet so much was different. There seemed to be a black flower blossoming in her soul, and yet it was a small bloom, only barely marring her cleanliness. But that black bloom was already dead and could not be destroyed. It would remain as a permanent blemish upon her character.

"I know what you mean," she voiced quietly, becoming distant as her gaze became fixed on some far off memory. "I was the same when I first joined Dahlia." With a softer smile, she turned back to Sankor. "I can tell you everything I know, which may not be much. I’m more of the solitary type, if you haven’t noticed." And then she laughed quietly at herself, but that sound was filled with a golden mirth. "If it won’t require traveling, would you like to find somewhere to relax?" Her smile brightened. Perhaps his company would do her good.

[/html]
Sankor couldn't help but smile when the woman asked for his forgiveness, he just tilted his head to the side as she continued to explain everything. He chuckled softly as he replied. "It doesn't matter Cwmfen, nobody was hurt by the runaway thoughts were they?" The male really wouldn't have had a problem with her questioning his lay of the land, perhaps he could even show her some of those secret places and hidden little worlds he'd known growing up. It was a warm little glow of a thought that seemed to brighten his day, yet it was only a thought.

He was just about to voice the thought and see if it would bloom into something more but CWmfen beat him to speaking and he flicked his eyes to the side to avoid the look that seemed to cross her face. He wondered just what was going though the mind of the woman, yet she spoke of her joining and little more. "Now we're going to have to do something about that aren't we?" he smiled as he teased. "Really, such a beauty like you shouldn't be hiding away so much.." He knew sooner or later his silly little bits of flirting would get him in trouble with the ladies but now it seemed that he would live.

The laughter that filtered from the woman made him smile and relax as he raised a brow slightly at her words. "If I can pick your mind I'll follow you anywhere.." he said with a wag of his tail. The mahogany male gave her a silly little yap as he cocked his head to the side and chuckled. "Com'mon, I know just the place.." Well, maybe he wouldn't be able to share all his secret little places he knew.. but he could share one atleast.
[html]

300+

The black, woad-swirled tail waved once at the sound of her own name. She liked the way it sounded when others said it, though she didn’t hear it spoken much. So when the mahogany male made use of it, she couldn’t help but smile. The black fae liked the simple things in life—they were so much more beautiful. Yet, she found irony in his words, and it made her tread carefully. The female tried to suppress the wry smile that threatened upon her lips. Perhaps he wouldn’t find her thoughts to be benign, as jumbled as they were. She wasn’t even sure what she thought of them herself. Yet, she didn’t think that she’d find them too malign, though she had different views concerning many matters than many of those she had met within Dahlia and the lands surrounding it.

The female laughed lightly at his complement. A timid smile splayed awkwardly across her maw as she fixed her gaze upon the ground before his paws. She could not help but be embarrassed, for it was not often that she received such things openly. The only other wolf had been Haku— She tried to brush those thoughts away. Such needless thoughts...she felt that they had no place here. And yet— Cwmfen shrugged them away once more. Her mind was troubled, and she felt that it was needlessly so. There should be no conflict of thought. And yet, she wished almost that there was nothing to need, and she felt almost that it were so. She was a warrior, and a free, wandering spirit; what was there to be conflicted?

Cwmfen smiled, almost in relief, as his voice broke into her jumbled thoughts. "Where is this place?" The melodic alto formed the question as more of an agreement to his offer. Her woad-banded paws shifted slightly upon the frozen ground as her mind wondered where it was that he claimed to know that would be most suiting. Cwmfen’s tail waved several times behind her as she pulled up, almost tentatively, to Sankor’s side.

[/html]
Sankor smiled at the ebony and woad marked lady as she smiled at him. He really had no clue what she found so grand that she kept smiling over but he liked seeing her smile. The dark hued male knew that he should be concentrating on helping out his sister but he knew that Ade had to find her own way around the packlands and meet the members herself. He couldn't lord over her all the time and he wanted to see her relax a little. Flicking his eyes back to the woman as he tried to push the thoughts of his sister aside he smiled himself and chuckled .

He walked along beside the lady as her smile seemed to change, to morph into something he didn't think he'd see on the woad marked lass. When she looked away he tried to do the same but his warm brown eyes kept trying to find their way back to those silvery white orbs. Before long he gave up and moved ahead of her, flicking his tail across her shoulder before he began to lead her on towards his little secret getaway.

It didn't take long before the woman asked just where they were going. He was lucky that they hadn't been far from the forest getaway but all he offered her was a smile and a wink as the fellow turned back towards the hills he was leading her down. He stopped for a moment to make certain that this was the correct place before chuckling and looping down the small little path. Pausing at a bend in the path he turned and grinned back to Cwmfen. "My little hideaway.." he said as he moved around the bend and a froze paradise came into view, the small waterfall was frozen over but the cave behind it was still accessable and the lovely little pool that the water settled into in the other seasons still stood like he remembered it. A small smile spread across his lips as he sighed, he hadn't been here in a long long time.
[html]

avatar for Sankor ^=^;; Don’t have to use it, just playing around, haha
300+

Cwmfen felt the warm eyes of the mahogany male upon her, but she kept her own gaze away. For reasons unknown, even to herself, she could not find it in her to meet that gaze. Thus the white gaze remained fixedly upon the whiteness before her paws. There was a strange emotion she felt then—a mixture of a sadness and a wild need to either run or attack. Perhaps these very emotions attributed to the many contradictions of her strangeness, of her character. It was as if there was eternal conflict within her soul, as if, even alone, there was much to contend with. She found at times that this confliction was what she lived for—and no wonder, for she lived for war. Quietly, the warrior sighed to herself, though more in contentment, as if such thoughts had brought her a certain amount of peace rather than chaos. At least for now she was quieted, for in the company of Sankor there seemed no other choice. And when his tail brushed against her shoulder, she couldn’t help but flinch, for she had not shared contact with many others—save for Haku, who had, to say the very least, touched her.

Silently, she allowed Sankor to lead her to where ever he wished. Finding that she was content with this unknown, her banded paws quickened slightly as she pulled up closer to him, almost eagerly, for her natural curiosity had been imposed upon. The white orbs looked about, and she quickly found that she had never been here before. It was curious to find that even when she had made an effort to be thorough, she had missed so much. But rather than becoming discouraged, the female was encouraged, and she was delighted to be somewhere new. There was a bend in the path, and Sankor stopped, turning to her. They were here, he claimed, and so she pulled up to stand shoulder to shoulder, allowing her eyes to behold the sight.

Cwmfen caught her breath, for there was nothing like nature that could take her breath away. The song of the world here was different—almost silent, warm, and golden. It was a difficult thing to describe for the warrior—perhaps it was peace? Whatever it may be, she was pleased by it, and she could not help but smile now, as if such a gesture were a response to that song. And the smile now was as the song: at peace. "It’s beautiful," she breathed, and the words passed inaudibly from her maw. The locale of her den seemed a lesser parallel to this paradise. The quick eyes found the dark hole of the cave where there was none at her own abode, and she took a step toward it, inclined to enter that darkness. But she paused, turning to finally meet Sankor’s gaze. But she was silent and held the question only in her eyes.

[/html]
Sankor had kept glancing at the woman as she seemed to find the need to avoid his gaze, he wondered what he had done to upset her, to not get even a gaze in return but instead of bringing it out before her he kept quiet and pondered slightly what he could have done. He thought that perhaps it was the fact that after revealing her secrets to him she probably thought he'd never show again and yet now he was an active member of her own pack.. was he an everyday reminder now of her past because of the secret that he held for her. He didn't know but he let it slide as he lead her to the little sanctuary in the woods.

When he brought her to the brink of his own private universe he held his breath as he waited. He wanted to see if the exotic beauty would find such comfort and amazement in the relaxing little oasis he had claimed so long ago. He figured that someone within these lands probably had laid claim to his little secret world but the scents that seemed to drift to him told him nothing of the sort. Either no one cared for such beauty or they overlooked nature a little too quickly and didn't see the portal to the whole new world before them.

He smiled and relaxed as he could see the sudden change in the woman before him as he brought her into his realm. He wished he could read the woad marked lady's emotion but it seemed within moments that he didn't need to as a smile finally appeared across her muzzle. He stared at her as those soft words were breathed into his home by the first real visitor he'd brought to the serenity for the first time in seasons. His eyes closed partly as he softly replied. "I know.." but if the answer was directed towards the exotic woman before him or the oasis the world would never know. When she moved forward he silently followed her.

His paws tracing old steps he'd known forever while she was discovering them for the first time. He stopped short of the gaping black hole that hid another secret of his own, perhaps not so grand and emotional as the one she shared but just as private. When those opal orbs looked to him he just nodded and waited, this was her chance to explore, perhaps even find something she'd been missing. He would only open the door, the ever polite gentleman, she would have to make the choices.
[html]
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3402 ... 985rw1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Bleh, XnX
300+

Cwmfen turned as the Bluet responded. His words were quiet, as subtle and as ambiguous as the world she had just entered. A soft smile, as fleeting as the softness within those white orbs, flickered across her woad-bound maw before she returned her gaze to the world. She waited, unmoving for a few moments longer as she drank in the beauty once more. There was a great contentment that washed over her, something far more persevering than happiness. The warrior emitted a small sigh. She did not know how something like this place had been overlooked, but she was glad that the male had shared it with her. It was a different gratitude than mere thanks, and she did not know how to express it save for with her silence.

Then Sankor walked by, and she was taken from her thoughts, almost forcefully as her attention was grabbed by his movement. The white orbs followed him as he made his way to the falling water. Then he paused at the opening of that dark place, and he turned to look back. He seemed to be waiting—waiting for her. Her curiosity was sparked as she pushed her body to respond to his silent invitation. The black paws chose their footing carefully as she carved a sinuous path in the cold air. Briefly, she glanced at the mahogany male, but the darkness of that mouth captivated her attention, and she paused only briefly before she stepped over the threshold.

It was dark in the cave, and damp too from the spray of the falls. But as she took herself a little farther, she found that it was dry, and the air was not too cold. It was a strange smell in the darkness, a different smell, a different darkness, than she was accustom to. Her black claws scraped against the stone, and she paused, listening to the echoes of that soft sound magnify against the unyielding walls that confined that tenebrous world. Then she paused, unsure of how far she should proceed, and looked back to the mahogany male with the gold and green eyes. The mouth of the cave was blinding, and she looked away into the darkness, but for that brief light that her eyes had tasted, she found the darkness thicker and had no choice but to wait for the effects to subside. The woad-banded ears pricked forward as her senses heightened with her temporary handicap.

"How far do these tunnels stretch?" And she found herself whispering in the dark.

[/html]
Sankor had hardly ever shown anyone his little private sanctuary, how he'd managed to keep it safe from his siblings for so long he couldn't even begin to explain but it had been a lot of hard work and backtracking. The male knew that his siblings probably would have teased him to some degree about the hideaway but that wasn't his greatest fear, his greatest fear had been that they would have grown to love it just as much as he had and there would have been no time for the mahogany Koios to be alone with his thoughts. He smiled to himself at the thought as he wondered just why he was sharing his little escape now with Cwmfen, but unlike sharing with sibling he didn't see the harm in the woman who was a friend and yet a stranger as well knowing.

While he waited for the woad marked beauty to decide if she would make the transition from the light of day to the dark mysteries of the network of caves and tunnels behind the falls he tried to ignore the musky yet spicy scent of the woman, which was growing nearly impossible to do just standing there. When she'd finally moved past him he exhaled slowly and shook away the effects of the powerful captivator of males. Slowly he moved forward as well to join his packmate in the enveloping darkness.

The thunder of the water echoed in his ears for a moment, forgetting how strange it sounded the first time you entered and yet quickly it was eased down into nothing but background music as he moved into the opening behind the wash of water. He stood looking out through the cascading waves for a moment before turning back to Cwmfen and smiling as she questioned him. He inhaled deeply as he thought before answering honestly. "I'm not certain.. I've only went into a few of them.. It's kindof hard to explore so far in when you're so close to the ground." he joked as he admitted one of his faults, his inability to shift. He'd always wondered just how far his caves did extend after he'd discovered that some wolves held an ability to change their forms. He'd grown excited thinking of bringing light to the cave and exploring further than he ever had.. but it wouldn't have worked unless he could shift and he'd always been a little to much of a coward to ask and thought too much of what he might be giving up to make the switch..

Nowadays it didn't seem like there was anything he'd be losing now...
[html]
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3402 ... 985rw1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

300+

The white orbs peered into the dark depths, unsure as to whether she wished to go further. Something within her pushed her to move forward, and she did, almost stumbling a single step toward that darkness. Her ears pricked forward as if some sound had called to her, but there was nothing save for the dull crashing of the fall in the world without and the soft sucking air of the tunnels ahead. She was intrigued, captivated, by that tenebrous world beyond, that world that she was unsure of and yet ready to explore. The black female turned at the sound of the male’s voice, and there was a strangely empty look upon her face. But she shook it off, offering a light laughter.

"It’s not so great being tall—there’s always the danger of falling down." Sankor was one of the few—or perhaps the only—pure wolf she had met. Several months ago, she had believed herself to be a wolf, but the moon had showed to her the luperci form. Though that form had its beauty and uses, she would never love it more than the lupus form. She had heard of wolves gaining such a form, but she was not familiar with how such things worked. As she gazed at the other now, his fur catching the light behind him like a halo, she was curious as to how such a thing might be accomplished.

"Why are you sharing this with me?" she found herself asking suddenly. There was a certain amount of remorse in her voice, though its origin was unknown, and her eyes looked up to find him, as if struggling to understand. There had been a couple of males that had approached her with interest, but many more who had regarded her in disgust. She was not sure how the mahogany male was now approaching her, if it even was that sort of approach at all. The female simply could not understand, but she wanted to. The warrior looked away for a moment, sitting down. The woad-marked fae listened to the whispers of the dark momentarily before she looked back at the other. There was no smile upon her face. Instead, there seemed to hold a challenge, though it flickered timidly within her white gaze.

[/html]
He couldn't help but grin at the words the woman said as she admitted some of the teasing dangers of being a changling. He shook his head as he moved further back into the cavern towards the tunnels that lead to the underground world of Dahlia de Mai. "Well, atleast I'd have the advantage in here.." he grinned in the darkness, the low ceilings of the tunnels would be too much on the Luperci and he could rule the dark world here without worry of hitting his head too much. He turned back to the woman as he smiled.

"I have a friend who once promised to show me how for a dance.." he said softly, knowing how strange it must have sounded saying outloud. He shook his head and chuckled as he watched those mystical orbs that seemed to gaze back at him and yet through him as well. Her eyes were strange enough but with the woad marks that she carried it turned the glamour up more than could be believed. He blinked in the dim light as he was greeted with words that made him draw back suddenly.

He was quiet a moment as he tried to find the words to answer her. He scratched at a flea for a moment as he frowned and gave a simple answer, not knowing if it was the conversation about the shifting or the caverns that drew such questions his way. "Well, some secrets are made to be shared." he stated. Finishing up rooting out the flea he shook himself once as he asked. "Don't you think?" He took a step towards the woman, the question echoing in his eyes as he smiled. "Did I make a bad choice in who I chose to share my own little paradise with?" he asked with a bit of a tease.
[html]

300+

She was silent for a moment before she aksed, "How do you show another?" The black fae was sincerely curious. But as the questioned left her, the woad-marked warrior realized that he might not know, and that that was why that other had promised such a thing.

The silence that followed was strangely unbearable. It was as if she needed that question to be answered, and yet she did not understand why such a thing would mean so much. She had always been content with the silence, with the solitude that had mated with that silence. It was a part of her life now, so integrated within her life that she considered it a normality, something akin to her warrior’s way of life, to her breathing. Once she had sought to change that solitude, but that sojourn had ended abruptly, and she did not know what had ended that search. Perhaps it was her need of freedom, for she did not want to be tied to any single entity (though now she was tied to the pack, she did not consider that relationship in the same way). But now, the male before her made her question that. And this, too, confused her, for the male before her was not a personality that would normally intrigue her in such a way. She wondered if it was even that type of intrigue that she was experiencing.

His reply seemed ambiguous, but did a female ever get a straight answer from a male without having to extract it herself? A wry smile flickered across her lips as she turned her eyes to the damp stone at her feet. In the silence, she listened to the water and the sound of its song. "Secrets?" Her voice was quiet, as if she were asking herself or even someone else. "Perhaps," the female replied, and her voice was a bit louder as she looked up, indicating that this simple word had been for the male. When he took that step forward, the female did not recoil. Instead, she watched him with a strange curiosity as if one were watching oneself from a distance. The white orbs regarded the other, and she was unsure as to how to answer such a question. "It depends," Cwmfen answered at length, and she spoke truthfully now, seriously. "It depends on how you measure worth." The woad warrior knew that her view on many aspects of life differed from those of the wolves inhabiting ‘Souls, and she was unsure as to how the male viewed relationships.

[/html]
Sankor shook his head at her words, the question making him feel slightly stupid since he did not have an answer to give her. He flicked his eyes away towards the darkness within the caverns as he admitted that much "I don't know.. I've always been embarassed to ask.." He did know one way but he wasn't about to strike up a conversation with the woman about his own sexual encounters, or lack of them. He'd been with others in the past but oddly enough he had never contracted the virus from any carriers. He'd never stopped to think about it but his family's bloodlines were pure, perhaps they had a higher immune system than others.. or maybe it was just him. Whatever the cause he wasn't about to get himself caught in the middle of that tone of conversation just yet.. he wasn't trying to seduce the beauty before him.. that he knew of.

He was known for using his charm and flirting but sometimes conversations weren't his thing when it came to certain subjects. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself as the silence was destroyed finally. His green flecked honey orbs turned back to her as he took a step towards the woman and returned the smile she'd given him as she'd echoed his words. "Secrets. They make life more interesting, you can't deny that." he said as the ground between them seemed to slowy vanish. His mind was off track not realizing just what his words sounded like or his gestures as he paused a few paces away from the woman and asked. "Are you coming?" before turning back towards one of the caverns he had explored a bit.

Without waiting for the woman he disappeared into the darkness, the only inducation that he was still near was his voice echoing back to her. "How do you measure worth, Cwmfen?" he asked. He wasn't entirely sure how he himself measured worth, his life was so laid back that there hadn't been a real need to measure things up and make serious judgements.
[html]

300+

Cwmfen’s head tilted inquiringly at his comment. She wondered why such a topic was embarrassing, but she supposed that it could have been some cultural thing that she had missed. But because he stated that it was so, she thought that it was embarrassing for him to speak of it at that moment, and so she did not pursue that matter further. She had always thought that if another wished to tell her, they would, and so she was content with waiting. Perhaps she would hear of how such things worked from another—surely the mahogany male could not be the only one acquainted with such knowledge.

"I suppose they do," she agreed quietly. The woad warrior was a solitary creature, and she spoke of many things to the wind or the trees, or to the shadows in the night. Perhaps, however, such things were secrets. She wondered now what impact speaking these things aloud would have, and she wondered of the implications of such a statement. When he called to her, she turned on her hind legs and followed him into the darkness of the caves. She hoped that he knew where he was going, for soon there would be no guiding light. Of course, she did not doubt that he did know. And if they did happen to get lost, the scent of clean air would lead them back. The female, however, was more interested in the darkness.

In the dark, it was difficult to say how near to Sankor she was. The scraping of their claws against the stone echoed ambiguously against the walls. It was only when he spoke that she was able to find the source, and she pressed herself a bit closer so as to not lose him. She thought of how to answer such a question as she lowered her maw absently to scent the stone. "It depends of what the worth is being measured for.... But I suppose, in general, I judge a wolf by its loyalty, self control, and...the overall quality of the soul." Every wolf was different, and she considered every wolf with a new thought. It was a difficult thing that he asked, for she could not explain it through words. Words were a quagmire and often the female felt its shortcomings. "It’s difficult to say." Then the black fae laughed a little, and her golden laughter echoed in the dark. The air was so stale in here; it was nothing like she’d experienced before.

[/html]
Sankor wouldn't admit to the woman that she was interesting to him and that he liked being around her. When there were interests involved and the conversation on the line had to do with such a personal subject as what had been registering on his mind the woman probably would have been embarassed to.. but on a second thought Sankor smiled to himself in the dark. She was so different she probably wouldn't have even blinked and would have started the conversation in two seconds flat. He shook his head at the idea and just let it slide. She'd learn one day, perhaps they'd both learn other ways.. it was a curious discussion.. but not for today he'd decided.

He was quiet as they began to walk through the darkness of the caves. His eyes shimmered slightly as he listened to their breathing and the soft click of their nails on the stones below. He didn't actually have many secrets, atleast not any that were important in his eyes. He flicked his tail softly as he admitted. "Sometimes I wish I had some real deep dark secret.." He wasn't sure why he'd said that, the male was so open that it would have been hard for him to even keep a secret, the cave system behind the falls has been his biggest secret yet and now it wasn't so much. He didn't mind, considering the woman he was sharing it with but he still wondered what it was like to be that special, with a deep dark secret and the whole shebang.

Suddenly he felt the smallest brush of the woman's fur against his side as he turned towards her, the movements of her body soft a soft rustle to his ears as he flicked them back at the answer she gave. He smiled slightly when she finally admitted that it was difficult to really judge the worth of someone. "I know.." he said simply. He couldn't really give her an answer either on how he judged worth, but she hadn't asked so he'd gotten off with the better deal this time.

The sound of her voice echoing through the caves made him smile as he stopped for a moment and turned a corner in the tunnel. There was one thing left he had to amaze the woman with before he'd just turn into another simple character that she knew. "Just wait til you see where I sleep here.." he said as he trotted ahead. The sound of water bubbling softly seemed to come from ahead and he smiled to himself as the place started to seem to grow lighter, a dim erie glow coming from ahead. He turned, his eyes glittering as he couldn't wait to see what the exotic flower thought of his private den away from the world.

He'd long forgotten the real reason he'd saught out the woad marked woman but that was alright, he still was able to spend time with her after all.
[html]

300+

The black fae smiled in the dark. It was indeed something difficult to describe. And somehow she felt that it was difficult for her to do so because of his presence. He was a friend, and, when they had first met, she had shared a secret with him. And even though she had discovered the truth, she was still grateful for what he had given her then. And now, she did not want to offend him, for she knew how some creatures could be offended by what she thought. Sometimes, she had learned that it was better to be silent, and so she had been silent. But, at the same time, it was always better to relieve the soul and share those secrets. And so that was why she smiled. "Sometimes it’s nice to have those secrets, especially when you share them with another." And only one other, so that it was a secret shared by two. But those were dangerous. That was when worth came in, for only those who are worthy can be trusted. And she had trusted him.

And then her attention was on the path ahead, for a strange light was being emitted. She could see in the dark, and the light highlighted the two wolves’ forms and the texture of the walls that clung to them. And the silence was filled with the sound of something—something other than silence. Was it water? The female’s woad banded ears pricked forward as she listened. And then, as Sankor turned back to her, the darkness of the earth opened up in some great underground chamber, and it seemed to the female, who had never seen such a thing, that they had come to rest at the bowels of the earth. And the warrior could not help but gasp—a quiet sound that was lost in the bubbling of that strange water. This darkness was beautiful, and it sang a strange, almost frightening song of beauty, and a smile graced her maw as if she were listening to some soothing lullaby.

"You sleep here?" the alto voice asked at last. She did not know how much time had passed. Maybe only a second, or perhaps several minutes. The female hesitated there, as if uncertain as to whether she should proceed. If Sankor had slept here, this would be like his den, and she did not want to intrude without permission into this private, personal space. The white orbs swept over that dark and shadowed paradise before they reluctantly returned to the male. That strange light played with his features, and it was almost as if he were some other creature. But his scent was the same. "This place," she shook her head. And then, she was silent, for she lacked the words to describe it.

[/html]