unsinkable
Sankor was not stupid, though he was known to take a few risks that could land him such a title. Today was just one of those days. The mahagony male had been sitting on the dock staring out across the frozen bay as he'd begun to wonder just how solid the ice was, instead of leave it at an idea like any senseable folk would the male had just hopped out onto the bay and begun to investigate.

There was a path of pawprints leading from the edge of the dock across the snow covered bay. He'd already disappeared around the curve of land and out of sight of the start of his adventure, the creepy sound of the water moving under the ice was unsettling but not enough for the large male to crawl back to shore in defeat. He found it entertaining to walk on the slippery surface and imagine what it would be like if the ground were normally so strange underpaw. The boy's mind was not right in some regards.

A chuckle escaped his maw in a puff of mist as he shook flurries from his pelt and swished his tail back and forth happily behind him. It was so easy when one was alone to forget the world and just be oneself. Normally he was only himself with his sisters, but lately he was beginning to realize that his self had many different faces and he wasn't sure which one belonged to just him anymore. Perhaps he would find it buried between the snow and ice today, it was always a chance.
[html]

OOC: hope its ok if i join Big Grin!

Exploring the pack lands was very interesting for Ril’o, he enjoyed the time in Wolfville and Berwick with Cercelee. He liked being around Cer, something about the wolfess just interested Ril’o. Walking alone with the cool air he put those thoughts aside, remembering a small piece of his childhood that he hasn’t seen since he could remember. Thinking about the memories of shores and beaches they all were very blurry, each containing the same thing, water, sand, and wind. That didn’t give Ril’o much to remember as he walked towards the beach, Cer did talk about them so why not explore them?
Grinning he bolted into a sprint towards the smell of salt and water, paws drumming the earth as his golden pelt glided over the white powered ground. Green eye watched for the water as he ran, tail swaying about with his movement. Slowing to a trot the scent of another wolf appeared, along with the sight of the dock and the striking frozen water. “wow, I can’t believe I didn’t remember this.” Narrowing his eyes , he could see a dark wolf running along the ice playfully or at lest enjoying itself.
Golden male made his way on to the dock leaving only his prints in the snow. Inhaling, white fog appeared with his breath as Ril’o slowly shifted his hind legs to a sit, with his tail thumping on the wood . Sitting he watched everything, the ice, the sand, and the new wolf he has yet to meet.
‘I’m glad I came to look’

[/html]
Sankor had been running hard on the ice, his nails digging into the slippery surface to make certain that he was gaining purchase and wouldn't land on his face. His mind was blank as pure joy at such a simple event was filtering through his body and soul. From the corner of his eye the silly male caught sight of a flash of color on the bank as he tried to stop to turn and get a better look. Forgetting to actually dig his nails in deeper to stop the male felt himself just slide across the ice, knowing now that there was no way he would be able to gain purchase again. Instead he just sat back on his rump and enjoyed the ride as the blur of a fellow moved across his view.

It wasn't as soon as he would have liked but soon enough the male had come to a stop, although facing out to the bay instead of towards the stranger he turned his head to the side as he gingerly tried to take a few steps on the ice to point himself in the correct way. His paws finding snow once more he found it easy again to make his way off of his icy roadway and towards this fellow he could only assume was another packmate.

He knew he must have been a sight moving across the ice and snow, his paws slipped out from him from time to time but he finally made it to the stranger. Calling out he grinned sheepishly, "Hello!" It didn't take him long to settle back onto the ice and atleast make himself presentable before the other on the dock, he tried to join him there, his forelegs on the wood but his hindlegs slipping and slidding. Abandoning the idea he sat back once more and just grinned. "I guess I'm just stuck here for a bit.." as he admitted. Boy was he looking the fool now.
[html]

OOC:
Sorry this is short!

Sitting on the dock the golden male watched the other wolf on the ice, who appeared to be moving quickly across the frozen water. Ear's pricked as the dark colored wolf seemed to lose a grip on the ice, but quickly got turned around. Tail thumping the wood Ril'o laughed at the sight, it was funny but he couldn't help but think that was fun itself. Ears twitched at the sound of his hello as the other male approached the dock, but unable to get on to it. Smiling at the male Ril'o laughed, " I guess you are, you seemed to enjoy yourself out there" Each word came out with a white mist as he nodded a friendly hello to his packmate. Breathing the smell of salt was nice. even if it came from a frozen sea. The wind ruffled Ril'o's fur as he looked about before returning to the excited male, Ril'o only wonders if this will become a new friend like Cer. " I'm Ril'o, so this is what you do to pass the time, running on ice. I have to say it looks very entertaining." Taking a few steps back Ril'o made a bit more space in case the male would try to get up again on the dock, the day seemed to be going good as Ril'o sat comfortable. "today will be interesting"

[/html]
The heavy solid mass of the male tried once again to pull himself up onto the dock but he failed once more as he chuckled and just stared up at this stranger who seemed to be a packmate as well. He grinned as he admitted the truth to the male. "Sometimes your best friend is yourself.. they tend not to laugh at your stupid ideas so often." His deep voice was filled with warmth and humor as he shook the snow from his pelt, trying to ignore the whipping winds from the bay as he concentrated on this new fellow before him.

It didn't take long before he was graced with a name and the wonders of the game Sankor had been up to. If Ril'o had been able to see him blush he would have seen it just then as San kor coughed and tried to find an explaination. "Well Ril'o.. I'm Sankor, and I'm not certain how the rest of the pack passes their time but when you're new and no one explains what you should be devoting your time to.. you tend to get bored after exploring the lands." He threw the male a dashing grin as he tried once more to make his way to the docktop.

Finally he caught one hindpaw on the ledge and was able to pull himself up onto the wood walkway as he stretched out his large legs and grinned at the other. "Looks like I won't have to force you to join me on the ice after all." He teased, though if the other still wanted there was a vast stretch of ice just waiting for them down below. Sankor's eyes trailed across the bay as he admitted. "I'd never seen the sea frozen before.."
[html]

OOC:

Ril'o nodded at his statement with agreement as the wind blew again on his fur, "I believe that is true!" speaking Ril'o laughed a little, more at himself with his on past memories. His green eye watched as his ears listened to the dark colored male speak, he is right about that, once you have explored you must find something to do- all pack work aside that is. "Sankor is it? Well i do agree with you again on that, one must find something to do or they would become rather boring." Sankor's words made his ear flicker as he examined the frozen water, it felt good to see the ocean again. "I've never seen it like this either, so don't feel to bad." His voice was warm and kind as he chuckled a bit that the thought of trying to run on the ice, Ril'o was built for land so the thought of ice just felt odd. Ril'o had energy to burn and was beginning to feel bashful now that he had company of a new friend, ears went straight up as a playful grin crossed his face. "have you ever played chase? It's just like tag." Moving to a stand Ril'o could feel the game slowly coming on, why not, lets take it to the ice. Tail swayed eagerly behind him as he muscles tensed ready for the action, the movement to begin of the chase or even a playful brawl.

[/html]
He smirked at the other male as he felt the fur along his back begin to part and flicker in the whipping winds. The humor in the other male's voice made he grin as he shook his head and admitted. "I'm easily bored.. so I must always find new games to play.." His brown eyes turned towards the bay as he smirked. "Games are always better than finding more work to do right?" Thought he had no issues with working the mahogany and ebony male would rather be happy and carefree than burdening himself with all the extra work that no one else wanted to do.. until someone asked him to do said work that was.

When the conversation turned towards the bay as he'd mentioned it's current state Sankor shook his head and smiled. The world seemed to be doing strange things this season but he hoped that it wouldn't be strange enough to keep his sister from returning to the lands, and to her waiting family. His eyes scanned the land once more as he laughed. "As long as I don't freeze over I have no beef with the weather." He hoped that he wasn't preparing himself for worse if the weather did decide to throw the packa curveball. He silently played that he wouldn't be regretting those words later.

The movement of the other male brought his eyes back to focus as he turned to Ril'o as he spoke up. The male laughed out loud as he raised a brow in disbelief. So he was going to go from playing hide and seek to iceskating and now onto chase it appeared. "Well, considering last week I was playing hide and seek in an old ship.. I'm sure I could learn pretty fast." He already knew how to play but this wasn't his game this time. He could feel the excitement begin to bubble in his veins as he grinned at this new packmate and waited to see who was going to be the runner and who was catching up.
[html]

OOC:
and their off!

Ril'o's tail start to sway as he seemed to stand permanent for a second, and that second drew on as he could feel Sankor's excitement about the game as well. "Lets go!" Quickly, Ril'o bolted into jump that passed Sankor landing him straight on to the ice, almost falling on the slippery ice he quickly got his footing. The ice felt much different then land and somewhat harder to his grip onto it, his legs did their normal movements with a odd rhythm do to the slight slipping- pressing his paws harder his claws dig into the ice better. "Come on! You should have this down!" Calling back Ril'o chuckled playfully as he headed towards the route he had seen Sankor take, this was a surprisingly fun edge to a simple game.
His golden body moved better then he first started out, tail high it swayed with his enjoyment. Glancing back he grinned, only before his front paw slipped underneath him making him turn when his shifted his body weight; almost hitting the ice Ril'o got his footing together. "Wooo, wooo, woo!" Moving his legs quickly he tried his best to get his speed again, laughing he knew Sankor would be there in now time. This was very nice, the water, and the fresh breeze; though Ril'o would not want to go too far out, just enough to play on for now.

[/html]
The larger male couldn't help but laugh as the two of them seemed to tense on their toes before Ril'o made the leap off the dock with an oof. Sankor grinned as he watched the male slip and slide trying to find his grip on the ice. His eyes shinned with excitement as he launched off the pier and landed on the ice as well. His nails made scratches across the ice as he skidded to a stop, his tail flagging as he tried to hold his balance, his tongue lulling out of his maw as he chuckled and began the churning motion to gain momentum. "Watch it boy, getting cocky will get you caught!" he shouted, his breath sharp bursts of mist as he began to race after the golden hued boy ahead of him.

His ears pressed against his skull as his nails dug into the ice and he felt his muscled begin to move with the rhythm he'd developed just before the other had discovered him at has fun. Racing across the ices was so much better when there were two at the game. He couldn't help but laugh as the male called out in excitement. Sankor threw his head back and let out a howl of his own as he began to draw closer to the other. "Who taught you how to race!" he taunted with a bit of laughter as the bushy tail of the other was flying high just before him, soon enough he'd catch the other male and somehow or another they'd have to turn the game all around, easier said than done.
[html]

OOC:

Running on the ice was fantastic, his legs moved quickly in a rhythm against the ice- it became almost mechanical. The muscles were tense and working along side with his stride from his limbs, head down to a degree everything flowed smoothly. The voice of his friend brought a smile to his face, Ril'o could feel him closing in getting ready to 'tag' him; his body was warm with energy as it dumped through every vain, blocking out the icy wind that pushed through his fur. "Sound a little cocky yourself!" Ril'o shouted back to Sankor with laughter.
Soon enough Ril'o felt Sankor just on his tail, speaking his taunts at their playful game. Chuckling a bit Ril'o focused on the ice ahead, breathing in faster breaths he pushed his limbs faster against the ice; a thought of falling entered his mind but that's part of the game. Quickly cutting to the left, his hind legs pushed him off the ground in a fluid motion-landing his body resumed straight into a run.

[/html]
Following close behind Ril'o was the strange sight of the mahagony and ebony male as he tried to gain more speed. The toned muscles in his legs and thighs moving in rhythm as he couldn't help but laugh at the words that Ril'o had called out to him. The flashing flag of a tail before him so tempting as he shot back. "You'll think so!" he said with a grin as he reached out, snapping at the waving brush of a tail, so tempting.

His eyes sparkled as he snapped at the glittering tail again and again, growling playfully as he pressed forward with another burst of energy. He would catch that tail and as soon as he did he would find a way to stop the golden male from being the leader in the race, even if it sent them cascading out of control across the ice, which in itself would be an adventure itself.
[html]

OOC:

Ril'o heard the words of his new friend as they continued their chase. His golden fur shined of the white snow, the ice, and against Sankor's mahogany form. 'wow, wow, wow!' Ears flattened back, listening to Sankor as he snapped playfully at his tail. Legs moving in the repeated movements Ril'o could feel the game about to change, in some way it would shift. Snap! "gees, that's close! He laughed in between his quick breaths, but nonetheless he watched outed out for his tail. Luck turned against Ril'o in a long collision.
A bark emitted from the golden male in surprise as his tail was grabbed in his companions jaws, losing balance for the slip second it was like a slow car crash as his upper body hit the ice; Sankor could crash into Ril'o be he had a better chance to avoid Ril'o's collusion with the ice. "wow..oh god that hurt and it's cold.."mumbling a bit to himself, shook it off as he sat still for a second before regaining his footing.

[/html]
Sankor had been so caught up in the chase and snatch of the leader's tail that he hadn't thought of what in the world would happen once he actually did catch that tail, and he was determined to catch it! He could do nothing but laugh at Ril'o as he commented on how close Sankor had got and pressed on harder, the large mahogany male just kicked it up another notch and put himself into a higher gear. Finally all his work seemed to be paying off in the game as he was rewarded with the flying flag of the other's golden tail, what happened next, well, he hadn't got that far into the process of 'after' the rabbit was caught, especially considering their racetrack.

When Ril'o lost his balance and went down from the front Sankor crashed right into his rear as he couldn't stop his paws from churning in time to skid to the side. Sitting back hard on his rump the two of them seemed to slide a few yards before they came to a full stop. Sankor spit out Ril'o's tail as he sat up and shook his pelt, his legs scattering out from under him as he laughed slightly and asked. "Are you ok?" his warm brown eyes turned towards the golden male who was collecting himself as well. He couldn't help but grin sheepishly as he chuckled. "Won't be trying that again, eh?"
[html]

OOC: Sorry short!

Ear's flickered around as he looked over at Sankor before laughing as he shook himself as well, " I'm good, and that was fun but the crash sucked." Breathing Ril'o had small bits of ice and snow that clinging to his gold coat, tail swaying happily all in all it was fun. Looking at his dark colored friend he grinned, " You feeling ok? My tail tasted that good huh?" Teasing he chuckled as he rose to his own feet as well, the ice seemed to held them very food- considering their tumble. Turning to Sankor he walked slowly to his friends side, wally carefully as his paws slid here an there.

Green eyes looking everything over it still loved lovely, the frozen water appeared undisturbed by the playful acts; the snowy bank was held in tack, the bright sun shined across it all with warm rays.

[/html]
Sankor couldn't help but agree at Ril'o's answer as he tried to rub the sharp pain from his nose. He sneezed a moment before shaking his head and then giving his full body another shake before losing his grip on the ice and flopping down on the ice again. He chuckled at his own awkwardness on the slick surface but the laughter was soon interupted by the question that Ril'o had sent his way. Turning his head he grinned and snorted at the male, a clear skeptic look across his face as the golden male joined him.

When he finally settled down beside him Sankor grinned again and leaned over to comment. "Oh, yeah.. I'm fine but I'm sorry to disappoint you Ril'o.. you're just not my type." So innocently the comment was spoken but the large mahogany and ebony brute was counting the second to see just how long it would take for the words to sink into the other male and the next explosion to take place. He sure hoped it would because it was time for fun, not the serious stuffy actions that they had to play out when rank and duty took hold.
[html]

OOC: Sorry short!

Looking over at his friend Ril'o tilted his head for a second at Sankor's teasing words, flickering a er back Ril'o wasn't sure what to say for a second but resisted the urge to laugh."well..I've never heard that one before.." Ril'o calm face started to leak out with a chuckle before busting into laughter, he couldn't help it as he shook his golden head. Green eyes looked around contently, No no one has ever been close enough to say he wasn't their type; though this would no doubt make him laugh at the thought of it. " so what is your type my friend.." Switching the topic onto their female counterparts, or packmates you could say.

[/html]
Sankor couldn't help it when his maw split into a wide grin at the words of his new friend. Before long they were both chuckling and laughing at the comment. The mahogany and ebony male turned his orbs to the golden male as his laughter finally died down into a sigh as he tried to sober up. He was glad that the male hadn't been insulted by his comment and he was relaxed to find out that the male hadn't wanted to know just why he wasn't favored by the Koios male.

When Ril'o turned the conversation towards the females of their pack Sankor just grinned for a moment before shrugging. He really hadn't known many of the females enough to actually offer his thoughts on them. "Well, I'm not certain. Maybe once I actually get to know them better I can give you my thoughts on them. I only know a few as it is. and one is my sister." He grinned at the other male as he asked. "What do you think?" his eyes shinned, wanting to know of the other packmates they had joined ranks with. "Unless of course you're more interested in our other packmates.." he joked, though the male was a sight enough for either sex he wasn't going to push the conversation that far.
[html]

OOC: I guess he meet Cer then Ade ^^

Ril'o smiled as he listened to his friend speak, he himself hasn't found many females that he has ran into lately. Ril'o could say he has a crush on Cercelee, the poor male couldn't help it with such a pretty female like that; she is nice company to have when you need to talk, an those eyes,blue just seems to melt him. A small chuckle emitted at the thought, he always loved the color blue and in eyes it held him. Looking over at Sankor he was now curious to his sister was, " Hmm well..I haven't meet many or all the members yet..but i plan on doing so!" Grinning he asked the question that threatened to burn through him, " just out of curiosity, what does your sister look like." Listening to himself Ril'o felt like a asshole looking to hit on his sister, his ears flickered about as he quickly thought. " I mean her name, cause i might have meet her already." Chuckling at himself he took a quick breath and rolled his eyes, sometimes he felt like such an idiot.

[/html]
Sankor stopped to think of the only female that had really caught his eye, he wasn't even sure why she had but her exotic beauty of course was one thing.. but there was just something different about the whole mannerism of the woad marked woman. He smiled to himself as he shook his head and asked. "Have you met Cwmfen yet..?" He wondered what the golden male thought of the strange warrior woman but in his eyes it really didn't matter. He stopped for a second as he realized that they sounded like a couple of girls gossiping. He wrinkled his nose at the idea as he commented with a chuckle. "We sound worse than a couple of girls.."

When the questions on his sister hit him he grinned and raised a brow. "Why you wanna know.." he said with coy amusement in his voice as he snickered at the sudden change of the other male. "Her name's Adelaida.. she looks alot like me but with blue eyes.." he grinned as he warned. "And a bit of a bite if you're not careful with what you say." Both his siblings had a bit of a temper but it didn't bother him, he was like a duck, their harsh comments just rolled right off his back... he wondered how Ril'o would fair under the weather of his two littermates..
[html]

OOC:
aww he embarrassed

Ril’o looked at his friends when he spoke a name he hadn’t heard before, no he hasn’t meet her yet but would try to remember the name. Looking at Sankor he seemed to slip off in a happy thought, a sly smile crawled on the golden maw with a chuckle. “ So what if we do? You know they talk about us they just will never admit it “ Ril’o voice full of playful, picking pride about their opposite sex. There has only been a few, well twe females that his green eyes seemed to adore. Sankor’s tease voice made Ril’o ears flatten with slightly embarrassment from his curiosity, bumping Sankor with his shoulder he spoke back. “no reason…I’m-I’m just wondering that’s all, w-why?” Mentally Ril’o wanted to crawl under a rock an die, just disappear from this moment. Looking away he puffed a lip out in a playful yet grumpy manner, he didn’t mean to stammer on his words so quickly looking like a fool.
Adelaida

Ril’o’s green eyes snapped opened and stared at Sankor in a state of awe, he seemed amassed that they were even siblings; Ril’o was thankful his fur covered his blush as he almost spoke out against his will. ” wait what!”
Ril'o wasn't sure what to say at Sankor, now that he thinks about the pretty brown female does look like him. He felt even more stupid by his thoughts, he thought she was adorable very much with her blue eyes. " your telling me 'she' is your sister?'

[/html]