Oh what a day
Yeah, I just go by first post date.

Slight PP, Ril'o, if you want I can fix it.

[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... /09vly.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Oh, crap. Well, this wasn't something she'd anticipated. The golden boy took after Slay like a bat out of hell, snarling, apparently mindless. How was she gonna work on someone whose mind was not truly with him? What if...? Ah, maybe this would work. She shouldered her bag, then took a step back, attempting to line herself with the male's angle of attack, and as Slay breezed past, she caught up the other male by his scruff and his chest, using the scruff only to restrain his head.

She set off toward her clinic, knowing Slay would know the way, or would follow her, and began trying to soothe the male she held awkwardly. "Hey, there, my name's Hanna. I'm gonna take care of your head, but I need you to calm down, first. Can you tell me your name? Or what pack you belong to?" She needed to make sure that the only true injury was to his skin, that it didn't penetrate deeper into his head than that. The male was confused; that was evident, but a crack to the skull could merely have rattled his brains instead of damaging them permanently.

[/html]
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OoC: I'm trying to number stuff with Coli, but Slay's profile is too far gone. There's no hope of organizing, heheh! ^^;

Well, Slay still had no idea who this 'Dutch' fellow was, but needless to say, he wouldn't be impersonating him anytime soon... He hadn't realized the friendly youth had so much rage within him! Looks certainly could be deceiving. He breezed past Hanna and then whirled around on the sand, ready to protect the tall coal-black werewolf from his snapping fangs. His help wasn't required, though - Hanna had deftly scooped Ril'o up in her strong Optime arms, effectively controlling the disoriented male. "...Wow, smooth moves, there," he chuckled, padding obediently at her heels as the herbalist hurried towards Wolfville. It would be a fair walk, from the coastline to the town, so Slay decided to strike up a conversation with both of them. For once in his life, he was looking forward to getting indoors - his thick winter coat had become riddled with icicles, frozen seawater matting his pied fur. If they could light a fire somewhere inside the clinic, he could thaw his black and white fur without having to get a severe trim.

"How does he look, Hanna? He smacked his skull pretty hard on the ice when we fell in... I fished him out as soon as I could, but for all I know, he could be half-drowned as well! This pack has been keeping your hands full lately, huh?" Slay wasn't even aware of the deal that had been struck regarding Svara's tutelage - Dahlia de Mai seemed to be reclaiming Susquehanna, by choice this time.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]
[html]

Photobucket

ooc
i dont put my threads in order :o Sorry it so long i get carried away :}

His body followed Slay with power an rage that was filled with a false idea of who he was, everything was so blurry and messy in his eyes as he chased the dark colored male. His slender legs thundered quickly on the ice as surprised sounding yelp emitted from his throat as it slurred with his choked off snarl, his limbs could now longer feel the ground beneath him as his body trashed bout against his unknown help. The blackout was slowly diminishing but his instincts were having a harder time give away, the snarls were still there but not a loud or aggressive as his tail pulled to himself. Ril'o was slowly coming back but all the images were imprecise as a mess of colors, he wasn't sure about anything, about where he was and the light head feeling made him feel sick. The voices made his ears turn and flicker as his growls changed to uncertain ones that were coated in a fearful whine, breathing quickly his mind was slowly piecing itself back together as the green eyes looked about but not seeing anything that's can be registered. 'w-whats going on...what hap-oh god..' His body felt drained as he tried to speak, he felt alone as he was filled with confusion and fright- not for himself but of what has happened.
"Wh-whats happening!" His loving kind voice busted out with concern, he felt like he wanted to throw up as hie skull pounded with a pain that made his world blur.

[/html]
Gonna do a bad thing and intertwine some stories here. I'll have to remember to keep them straight.

Geez, guys, sorry. >.< I get carried away with these things.

[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... /09vly.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

As much as he'd been thrashing, Hanna was amazed that she didn't drop the wolf as soon as she'd picked him up. But as quickly as he'd started wiggling, he went limp, and Hanna wondered if he'd passed out or just come out of it. His voice sounded a moment later, asking what was happening, and Hanna sighed in relief. She'd not had a patient die on her yet, and she didn't want to start now. Especially not with Slay around, a tiny voice snickered.

"What's your name? Can you remember which pack you're in?" She repeated the questions for him, since he'd apparently not been himself before. She sent a glance to Slay, taking in what he'd said and hoping that he'd not give an answer to the male, since she needed to judge how sane he still was. Slay's story confirmed what she'd guessed, though; the younger male had slipped through the ice, cutting the skin on his head open as he fell.

She'd have to listen to his lungs to know more about the water inhalation, but definitely they both needed inside a shelter and under some blankets to thaw out. Both wolves were now susceptible to pneumonia among other things, and that had the potential to be deadly. "Slay, when we get in there, I'm gonna want you up on a bed, too, please. Thanks for calling me though."She smiled down at him, trying not to sound overly bossy as was her habit when taking care of a patient.

Finally the trio reached the hospital, and Hanna made tracks immediately for the same room she'd treated Svara and Firefly in. She'd never moved the second bed back, though she had wiped the vinyl down with alcohol several times to remove any trace of blood, and so it would be perfect to talk more with Slay and get some back story while she stitched Ril'o's head and kept him awake. She laid the golden boy on one bed, and motioned to the other for her black and white friend - it would get him off the chilly tiled floor - and moved methodically, retrieving thread, needle, alcohol pad, etc. She contemplated morphine for his pain, but as groggy as the male was, morphine might complicate things, so she skipped it.

She set things where she knew where they were, then jogged just down the hallway a stretch to a closet that was heaped full of blankets. She wished she could heat them, but these would have to do. She trotted back, and flung several blankets over each wolf, leaving only their heads uncovered. The rest she put on a chair for use when these got wet as the ice melted. Then she turned back to Ril'o. His gash had basically stopped bleeding, but she still needed to patch the skin back together. She wet a cloth and cleaned some of the coagulated blood away, exposing the true cut. It didn't appear to go as far as the bone, which was both good and bad. She couldn't tell if there was injury to the skull, but there was no helping it. Any problems would manifest in time.

She turned, grasping the needle and threading it deftly, and then, hoisting herself up where she could hold the male in place, Hanna pierced his skin with the needle, dragging the thread through and into the other piece of skin. It would hold the flesh together till it could knit itself, and then she could take the stitches out and he'd be none the worse for wear... she hoped.

[/html]
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OoC: Cool stuff - I love the medical posts. *3*

Slay focused on his wide paws as they trudged through the snow towards the town. He was strong enough not to shiver and shake from the cold, but the chill air of winter was taking its toll on his sopping pelt. He made a mental note not to swim when there was this much ice around - normally his arctic fur could handle it, but not when it was forming icicles of its own. At least his furry paws had protected the soft pawpads from getting torn up on that treacherous surface.

Truth be told, he was grateful that Hanna was willing to check him out too, if only to keep him warm indoors. He still protested jovially at her gentle demand, though. "Oh, that's hardly fair, my h'elegant herbalist," he deadpanned, pale eyes twinkling as he mispronounced the words to make her smile. "Had you not come to the rescue, I would merely have napped it off and been fine! Surely no excessive care is warranted? Alas, but I cannot disobey a lady such as yourself..." The big arctic male hung his head comically, dragging his paws as he trudged at her side. As usual, the clown in him refused to let the situation stay serious. Hanna would fix Ril'o; Slay had the utmost faith in her.

This simple belief was solidified as they entered the clinic once again, the familiar room smelling vaguely of that same alcohol scent. Slay crinkled his nose as before, but this time, he was up on a bed instead of comfortably on the floor. The heavy blankets settled over his large frame, and he relaxed his chin atop his white paws, watching with wide eyes as the medic stitched up his new friend. Hopefully Ril'o wouldn't remember any of this, and therefore not blame Slay for his poor guidance...

[/html]
[html]

Photobucket

ooc
i dont put my threads in order :o Sorry it so long i get carried away :}

Everything from that point on until they had reached the house was a painful blur to Ril'o, his blackout subsided but left him with unknown effects that kept his head spinning. He could hear the voices, how ever strange they sounded he could make out the words. The white colors around him often mixed with black and forming a outline, but was quickly pulled apart back into a sea of blurs. He wanted to sleep so bad right now, he felt so empty of energy; but he was with worry of his friend, and the events he can barely recall. "..I..um..I'm Ril'o..." Words were tired and confused as it felt very hard to even talk, the throbbing still made him sick as the sounds would tune out for a second.

Ril'o mumbled what was almost whispers just before they reached the building, his low worry voice made no sense at times but he kept asking about Slay an saying he was tired. "..where..is Sl..he ok? Did he fall.." Ril'o understood his own words but they came out mostly unclear. His eyes opened with a jerk when his body was placed on the bed, pulling his front paws to himself he moved his head as if looking about as shapes and outlines where coming together. Ril'o wasn't able to ask anything when his eyes adjusted on a dark female that put a warm blanket on him, sniffing looked over at Slay with narrowed eyes as his tail thumped under his blanket. He started to feel much better but when the female begun stitching his wound his jerked up with the first one, the sharp and sudden act startled him as he could see her better he remained still for the rest. "...I'm sorry.." He spoke was a sincere warmth as well tired tone as he could see Slay and this company as well, he want to explore got them in this mess.

[/html]
They're usually pretty fun to type up. I enjoy doing all the research it takes to make them believable. Sorry 'bout the wait.

[html]

Hanna dropped the needle when the male jerked to keep from hurting him further. She didn't want to pull the thread through the flesh, as it would be harder to repair that way. When he apologized and lay still, she picked up the needle and re-threaded it, then strung it through the wound, making the stitches neat and making as few as she could to ensure they were easy to come out later on. She spoke soothingly to the boy now that he was aware of himself. "Hi, my name's Hanna. I'm a medic. Can you tell me your name and where we are? I'm sorry if this hurts, it'll soon be done." As she spoke she knotted the thread tight against his head, avoiding the fur, then snipped it short with one of her knives. She looked at her work, checking that it was good, and, pleased, looked for something to make a light with.

She found a box of tongue depressors and withdrew one, finding that she could keep it steady and off the counter by sticking one end in the lid to the containers atop the counter. She withdrew a piece of flint from her satchel and struck it against her knife, and within a few such blows was rewarded with a spark and a tip of flame on the stick. She let it catch and grow before taking the depressor from its holder and turning to Ril'o. "Can you follow the flame with your eyes only, please?" This would help her tell if he had a concussion, as his tracking was likely to be sluggish if he had sustained one.

[/html]
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
OoC: Sorry for sucking, guys. Dx We should really wrap this one up! It got a lot longer than I expected, ha ha...

Chin on his paws, Slay watched curiously as Hanna's skilled fingers darted back and forth, needle flashing as the stitches closed up the raw gash on Ril'o. The brief pain seemed to drag him back to reality, for that moment at least, and the golden wolf murmured a guilty apology to the quiet room. Slay smiled, raising his head so that the heavy blankets slid back to his withers. "No apologies necessary, mate. Twas my fault, really. I'm glad to see you're okay." And it was true - nothing like a good guilt trip to melt away any resentment. He could see clearly why Cercelee liked spending time with the cheerful youth. It was hard not to smile around him... although it was also clear that he had some demons of his own, whoever "Dutch" was.

Susquehanna had located a small strip of thin wood, and lit the tip afire. The familiar scent of wood burning, a calming odor in small doses, made Slay relax onto the bed again, settling beneath the warm canvas. The drowsiness he felt, not for the first time in this same room, was making his heavy eyelashes droop. Yawning loudly, the arctic wolf let his pale gaze follow the flame that Hanna waved back and forth, its small flickering light almost hypnotic. He would let the medic do her work uninterrupted.

[/html]
[html]

Photobucket

ooc
i agree to end the thread xD

Nodding quietly Ril'o listened to Hannah, ears flickered back here and there as she spoke to him. Brows pushed together from the small bit of pain, sighing his green eyes watched the female before he spoke. "..hi, my name's Ril'o.." Everything felt much better then before though he could feel a strong pull of guilty still linger in his system, looking back at Slay before glancing back at Hannah. The blankets felt nice, they were much warmer then the cold water he had fell in. Laying still Ril'o plopped his head down as she could see the flame on the stick. Listening he went to follow but caught himself moving his head, "eyes only..right", doing it again Ril'o's green eyes moved with the bright flam. Staring at it he could tell it was warm as a yawn escaped from his lips before he laid his head down again, he would've wagged his tail but even that little bit of energy seemed gone. Slowly closing his eyes Ril'o welcomed a dark sleep as his tired body sighed heavily, "..thank you Hannah..".

[/html]
Last post. Slight pp to finish the scene. <3

[html]

"Ril'o. It's good to meet you. You've done very well; I think you'll make a full recovery." She settled the blankets closer around his neck, and then patted his shoulder gently as he drifted to sleep. After snuffing out the flame, she crossed the room to Slay and rested her hand atop his blanket.

"Slay, my friend, thank you for calling for me. You'd do best to sleep for a little while, too. I'll just switch your blankets out." The ones atop the males were beginning to soak up the melt water from their coats and would soon be getting uncomfortable. So Hanna took them away, plopping them to the floor and tucked the males under new covers to keep their heat against their bodies.

Several hours later, she rechecked Ril'o's stitches and both mens' body temperature and, deeming them alright, released them from her care. She leaned against the doorframe of the clinic, watching them depart, before beginning to clean up the room.

[/html]