I'm barely holding onto you
[html]

She put her hand back against the outside of the car, then lifted it. The automobile was covered in a layer of frost, and when she placed her hand against the surface it left a melted imprint. Sometimes frost gathered on the outside of the mansion, but they didn't have any cars or trucks in their territory. The feeling was different. On the car she could actually see the place where her palm and each of her fingers had been. Amazing! The white Luperci put a claw to the frosted car, swiping downwards and making a line in the frost. She could draw things on it, maybe.

It was early morning, and the city was quiet. She'd spent the night here in the parking lot of the airport, in one of the abandoned RV's. She hadn't known before last night that there was such a vehicle like an RV, one with beds inside of it. Naniko wasn't sure about going back to Crimson Dreams just yet, not with Anu still angry with her. Hanging out in the city could be fun. The Commander opened up the rusted door to the car, pushing the seat back and sitting inside.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
She had taken the opportunity to take a quiet morning for herself. Nostalgic for times long gone, she had once again sought out the strange yet familiar city in Halifax. She remembered her last trip out here with a hidden grin. She had been out of her gourd with alcohol. Thankfully, this morning she wasn't stumbling around the city streets, but merely walking in quiet contemplation.

She found her path had taken her to the airport. She was slightly familiar with it, and smiled once more, thinking back to her encounter with Ehno. They had explored the ruins of the crashed jet. Funny to find herself in a place with more human made vehicles. Although, thankfully these were much, much smaller and easier to access. She hadn't minded exploring the ruins, but she rather enjoyed the whole specimens. Less of a chance for injury upon exploration.

The light gray wolfess shivered slightly with the wind and decided to wait for the morning to warm up before she continued her walk. Lime green eyes searched until they rested on a car. She noticed that the snow was slightly unsettled and decided to investigate. She suddenly felt unsure as she saw who was inside.

Naniko.

Her thoughts raced, but she shook them off. She had nothing to be ashamed of. She had done nothing wrong. And she found there wasn't any guilt, just the momentary rush of panic. She felt the uncertainly leave her and she smiled as she approached. "Commander," she greeted, opening the other side of the car and sliding in next to her. Maybe she'd like the company.
[/html]
[html]

There were times when she thought that she had it. Naniko had believed that everything with Anu would go well and that they would never have anything to fight over. Anu hadn't even tried to discuss any of what had happened with Conri with Naniko at all--she'd just gone straight to accusing her of things. She knew what was best for her own children, and she knew that they'd be angry with her if she never told them that they had a father. She'd have to talk to Salem about it eventually; he was the only one that she hadn't had the chance to sit down and talk to about it. But they were old enough to know where to go and where not go to...who to trust and who was trouble.

She needed to pick up something. Some kind of a hobby...or a habit. Something to keep her busy. The commander spent so much time around the packlands doing maintenance, helping out here and there, that she wasn't doing many things for herself. This trip was all about her, for once.

The longer she sat in the car the better she began to feel. She would take some time off--just a couple of days--to clear her head. Then she could go back to Anu and try and tell her how she felt about things. It was very complicated leading a pack and being mated to a wolf who was farther down in the ranks. She trusted Anu with every bit of her, but she couldn't always be the loving mate. Sometimes she had to be the Commander, even when it messed up her social life.

A voice brought her out of her thoughts, and the large female turned her head to see who had come across her sitting place. She was pretty far out into the city, and wasn't expecting that anyone from her own pack would be out in this area, too. It was interesting, meeting someone outside of the packlands for once. "Hey. What's up?" She greeted, reaching back to play with the tattered gray upholstery that she sat upon. She hadn't seen Geneva for a while. "How's winter treating you?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
"This has been one of the best seasons of my life," she answered truthfully. And it had been a wonerful winter. She had grown, spanned out, discovered new parts of herself. And she had grown in strength. She had accomplished things she had only dreamed of and seen things she had never imagined. Life was so good for her.

She certainly struggled, but she knew that she had a support system to fall back on. Her pack. Her home. She was still awestruck over the fact that there was a network of others to rely on, to depend upon, to take care of. She had met creatures who had touched her heart and stoked her passions. And now she couldn't imagine her life any differently.

Geneva's lime green eyes followed Naniko carefully. She studied the Commander's motions. Although she was coming out of her shell, Geneva was still introspective as ever. And she had grown up studying the subtlest nuances of speech and body language. "You seem low, Nani."
[/html]
[html]

She needed a hobby, or something. She did the same thing every day, basically, even with the pack duties. Sometimes she would find wolves at the border and sometimes she wouldn't--that was really the only variation. She'd read through almost all of the books in the den. The fight with Anu had been a huge shock to her system--to have something happen like that, so suddenly. She was sure that the other would see the truth in time, but that didn't help things right now.

She had never been a solitary wolf, and she doubted that she would ever become that way. She reveled in the closeness of a pack, whether she was the leader there or not...in having family to talk to, friends to laugh with. Lately she had been hanging out with Savina more, but she felt like she needed to find something else to do on her own, outside of her normal routine. The pups used to take up all of that extra time.

"Good to hear. I haven't heard anything bad about you...so that's a good thing. Getting into trouble in other packs, I mean. Some wolves don't have the ability to be diplomatic." She thought of her younger sibling, one of the leaders of Phoenix Valley. He certainly didn't care about inter-pack relations. "I'm not feeling low...just bored. I need something to do. I thought this place would be fun to explore, but it's just as drab as everything else. What about you? I didn't think I'd see anyone else from the pack out here."

[/html]