I don't know how to jump
These where his home, this was the pack that he made the choice to live in, to work in and have a rank in. The black male walked around the lands, checking the stock of food that he had been working on since he first came to the lands, the male made it his own daily task, to clear out the food that sat for over a day, and put fresh kill back on the pile, it never grew that high, but he didn't care as long as he didn't hear about the pups going with out food, or any member of the pack going with out a fresh kill in there belly. The male had a working system for marking the food for the day, one day one he would bite the ear off, then on day two he would leave the ear on. It worked so well for taking out the day old kill, he never wanted to be the one that got the pack sick, so the reason for marking the food.

The snow was here, and it made the hunting harder, the prey went into hiding, and with such a large open area, it made the wolf sent of him so much heavier, so he had to be quick, and there wasn't much room for flaws, the male had taken a quick liking to hunting though out spring, summer and fall, though winter, he found it so much harder. For the first time since he joined the lands, he thought about making daily hulls to the ocean front, and learn to fish, the male looked at the kill pile as he flicked an ear back. "Shit!" There was only like three kills in the pile, and two of them where from yesterday. He was going to have to learn to hunt in the winter weather.
[html]

Kieran had been spending more of his free time exploring the intricate system of caves that made up the pack den. When winter strikes, all the various creatures are determined to find shelter or migrate to a much warmer region. As much as Kieran tended to enjoy the colder weather, he was no exception. So, the caves had become one of his favorite places to venture lately. He had become familiar with the winding corridors of the large den, and thus he became familiar with the needs of the pack that lived there. Every so often he would swing by the store room and check to see if the pack was in need of some extra firewood or a fresh kill.

It was a cold and cloudy day, and the dark-furred male had just returned from a little walk around the territory. Kieran sauntered into the central cavern, shaking off a few of the flurries that clung to his fur as he adjusted to the warmer temperature. He had intended to head straight to his personal den, but as he glanced across the large cavern he decided to make a little detour and check out the store room since it had been a while. As he neared the small corridor that led to the supply room, he heard a short exclaimation from ahead. Curious, he continued forward, pushing aside the fur that acted as a doorway to the supply room. He recognized the wolf there as the one who had called the pack together for a hunt not too long ago. "...Everything alright here?" he asked.

[/html]
The stock pile with int he center of the pack dens was all he had to show for all the months that had passed,he hadn't really been the best at the borders, though he was still there each and every time, and he still went by the rules and called for the leaders, and never snapped at the joining members, heck this wasn't his first dance though the lands. There was only one pack lands that has been left untouched by him, and the irony he was banned from it wasn't any shocker.

Lucifer looked over his shoulder to the black male from the hunt as she lowered his head, he hung it in deep shame, he was working that hard to be the great provider for the pup and the elder, but it wasn't hard to see he was failing so badly at the task. He didn't bother to give the male a yes or no answers, he just jumped into the topic that bothering him."Since I've come to these lands I been hunting and stock piling the food...since the first snow came...the kill is getting harder and harder. At this damn rate the pup are going to get sick and die and the sick is going to get sicker and die. I can't let that happen, I'm not ready to let go of that yet!"
[html]

Kieran had done his share of wandering the lands, arriving in a new pack and doing his best to show his usefulness. Hunting was a big way to help out by providing food for those who could not get it themselves. It showed that one cared for the pack and was willing to spend time and energy on keeping it up and running. The problem bothering the male didn’t come as too much of a surprise to Kieran, considering that the two of them were standing by the storage.

Lucifer seemed very dedicated to this task, showing much distress at the low stock of food in the den. It was true that winter was a tough time for survival, and many would have to fight off the cold or hunger or both. Kieran nodded to his pack mate, showing that he understood why he was distressed. “Winter is indeed a very harsh season, but I think we’ll all pull through somehow. You’ve done a good job keeping the stock pile filled up until now. It’s just going to take some patience and a lot of hard work to get more food during the winter.” You could say that Kieran was the optimistic sort.

[/html]
[html]

Lucifer wasn't one to worry, he was pretty much a laid back type, but when it came to something that he had been working at for some time, it was different, it was something that the pack came to depend upon. The male had taken up this job knowing that the pups and the elder would have a chance to move on with life for at least another winter. The black hunter looked over to the scout as he lowered his ears back and shook his head, didn't he understand. Maybe it was because he didn't understand this was a labor of love, this was his habit that got him up in the mornings.

"Kieran...how long have you been here?" Lucifer really needed to get to meet the members of the pack, in way they where his family, they where all his bothers and sisters, with Fatin, and Tayui acting as there mothers. It was odd, how they where all just here, and hardly knew each other. Lucifer wanted to change that. He wanted every one to know each other, and be able to trust each other.

[/html]
[html]

There were times when Kieran had put himself to a specific task for some time, feeling that it had to get done before anything else. But recently, the Luperci had decided to do whatever little thing the pack needed him to do. One day, there was one task, and the next brought another. He took things as they came at him, happy with just that. So, perhaps he didn’t understand exactly how the hunter felt about performing his task each day. At least it seemed that way judging by Lucifer’s reaction to his words. He frowned slightly at that, though he perked up a bit at his packmate’s question.

“Uh… I’ve been here ‘bout three or four months, I suppose. Gotten rather used to the place in that time.” The pack felt more like a home now than it had the first day he had stumbled across the border. “You arrived in Jaded Shadows more recently, if I’m not mistaken?” That was what he assumed, anyway. He hadn’t run into Lucifer during his first couple of months there, but maybe he just missed him. It still seemed like there were more and more pack members around that he wasn’t acquainted with.

[/html]
How long had he been living in these lands? How long had been living in these lands, how long had it been since he had seen Noah around? The six or so month that he had been back had started out slow, slow and he was mis able, he wasn't sure if it was the drinking, the drugs or just trying to live up to what his father wanted him to be, or if he was just to young to live with in a pack and work in it. The black male rolled his shoulders, he really didn't know how long he had been in this pack. Lucifer sighed softly, "I think I've been here for about four, I think, I started out as a Spaher, where your at, then I moved up to where I am at now. Fatin asked me to stay when I came for a visit, so I stayed."

The male pushed around the fresh kill pile as he sorted out some of the older kills, He would have to take them out of the pack land and bury them, to make sure that no one ate them and got sick. He didn't want that upon his shoulders. Lucifer looked over to the Spaher, with a sigh."This is my labor of love, I promised Fatin I would help with her pups, and I hardly see them any more, so I picked up the idea of making sure that the pack is well feed, maybe stuffed, and the fattest pack around"
[html]

Kieran listened quietly as Lucifer explained how he had come to join the pack. “Ah, so you knew Fatin beforehand?” He had evidently been around the Bleeding Souls area for some time, if that were the case. Kieran was simply curious to know, being relatively new the lands himself. Besides, he liked to learn a bit more about his packmates whenever the opportunity presented itself.

The storage room did seem rather low on food, he noticed as the hunter shifted the meat around. The woodpile to the side seemed rather full to keep the cave warm during the colder weather, but the food was low, understandably so, considering the time of year. He remained silent, watching Lucifer sort the pile before he spoke once more. Kieran nodded at his words, a slight smile on his lips from the image of a fattened pack. The jager was indeed dedicated to the task, referring to it as his labor of love. “I see. That’s quite a goal you have.” It was definitely worthy of the hunter's time and effort, and it spoke a great deal about how much he cared.

[/html]
The black hunter gave a nod, yes he has known Fatin since before his time, but he wasn't about to voluntary any information. He was sure that the male would think that his rank would have been handed to him, if he would have told him that Fatin had known him since before he was birthed. Lucifer looked to the black male with a nod, as he looked the pile over. "Ya know in time, I hope that you will join me in taking care of this pile. Your a great male, and a great pack mate. I know Fatin and Tayui see that in you."

The male fussed more over his fresh kill as he looked to the male, with a nod, picking up one of the new kills, as he pushed it over to the scout, with a sad smile. "Enjoy it, when the time comes I hope you help with the hunts when the time comes."
[html]
I'm so sorry! I didn't see that you had replied until now.

He smiled at the compliment, a little part of him feeling relieved. It was nice to know that his pack mates saw good qualities in him. “Gee, thanks. You’re a great pack mate yourself, Lucifer, and very dependable. If you ever feel like going out for a hunt, don’t hesitate to ask. I’d be glad to help.” Seeing how much Lucifer worried over this matter was inspiring, and Kieran wanted to help the pack out in any way he could.

He nodded at the hunter’s next words, silently informing him that he would be willing to hunt whenever he was needed. Kieran studied the kill he had pushed his way for a moment before looking back to Lucifer. “You’ll share this with me, won’t you?” With all his hard work, he deserved it.
[/html]
The black male looked to the other male with a soft smile it was a load off his chest to see that he took the idea well, Lucifer knew that he might not always be around to take care of the pile, but if other would and would pass it down then it would always be around, for the whole back to be thankful for the food. Lucifer looked back to the pile with a grunt, happy to hear that some one was willing to help with the task and had even offered to go out hunting for the pile and not just for one or two members.

The male offer to share the meat was kind, to kind. Though Lucifer took the offer, taking some meat and chewing it. "Might have to take you up on that offer."