paradise seeker
OOC: *pounceglomps*

[html]
She'd remembered it being quiet, but perhaps not quite as much as it seemed to be today. It was mid morning, an eerie thick fog hanging over the graves in the cemetery. The Stormbringer moved like a ghost between the headstones, looking very much like the mythological black shuck incarnate. Her body weaved tiredly through the maze of stone, headed for the house she'd claimed when she'd first been accepted into Dahlia. The journey hadn't taken long, though it seemed like an eternity with the fatigue that coursed through her muscles. Quite honestly, all she wanted to do at the moment was drag her carass into her bedroom and collapse.

As Kol moved through her doorway, she took a moment to stop and just catch her breath. A soft smile tugged at the corner of her lips as she realized everything seemed exactly as she'd left it, and the only strong scents around the building were those of herself and the one friend she trusted most in the world. What confused her, however, was just how much stronger Lexey's scent was than her own faded one, which made it seem as though the other girl hadn't simply come looking for Kol a few times and given up. Curiosity putting a bit more energy into her steps, the dark shewolf shrugged the pack she carried farther up onto her canine shoulders and pressed deeper inside, heading for the back bedroom.
[/html]
[html]

300+

Alexey's ears perked up instantly as she heard the front door being pushed open. At first, she had assumed it was only her imagination playing tricks on her. After all, no one in Dahlia de Mai seemed rude enough to simply walk into another person’s house without knocking first. Granted, it wasn’t really her house but she had the right to be in there. Her body was tense, and senses alert. Footsteps. They were coming closer to the bedroom in which she’d been staying. She wasn’t crazy after all; this was really happening. Someone was in the house, and whoever it was needed to have a damned good reason for not asking permission before coming in.

The tawny woman cursed through clenched teeth, fully aware that she wouldn’t be able to defend herself if the intruder turned out to be hostile. She’d been experimenting with shifting earlier that day and hadn’t bothered to change back. She could coordinate her movements a little better than before, but she was still clumsy enough to get her butt kicked by basically anyone. Then, out of nowhere, the scent hit her nostrils. Why hadn’t she been able to make the connection until now? Suddenly, the footsteps headed her way became music to her ears. “Kol?” she called out meekly from inside the bedroom, before moving closer to the doorway and poking her head out.

Honey-hued eyes widened as they caught sight of the black female, and for a moment, Lexey simply stared at her best friend in disbelief. She blinked a few times, as if to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. “Kol?” she repeated, calling out to the younger lady once more. Alexey was now inches from the illusion, close enough reach out and touch her. And she did much more than that. Before long, the Koios femme found herself clinging to her best friend and refusing to let go. “Kol! Please stay!” she pleaded, hugging the life out of the other woman.

[/html]
OOC: AHMAGAD *flails* XDDD

[html]
To say she was shocked was a huge understatement. Kol blinked in utter disbelief as she found herself wrapped up in the arms - ARMS?! - of her best friend. When the girl had first poked her head out of the bedroom, Kol had very nearly found fury rising up in her veins before Lexey's voice revealed who she was. At second glance, Kol saw what she'd missed: though Lexey's form was far different, her eyes and very aura were still absolutely the same.

After the initial jolt of surprise, the Stormbringer melted against her best friend's embrace, her lupine body settling snuggly against the other female's chest. The emotion in Alexey's words brought tears to Kol's violet eyes, and all of the doubt centered around leaving the Valley for this pack washed away in an instant. This was her home. "Oh Lexey, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to disappear like that, there just wasn't any time. I missed you so much, I'm so sorry..." She had to get that out first, before anything else, no matter how much she was dying to know what she'd missed. The first question on her mind, for sure, was exactly how the young Koios girl who had been terrified of Luperci had suddenly become one herself.
[/html]
[html]

It took her several minutes to finally calm down and stop trembling. Luckily, Kol's soothing words were gradually sinking in and helping Alexey regain control of herself. The tawny girl took a deep breath and loosened her grip on the other female, coming to realize that she'd been absent-mindedly digging her claws into Kol's back. Using the back of her hand, Alexey wiped away the tears that had been threatening to roll down her cheeks. "Where did you go?" she asked, a soft whine escaping her maw. It wasn't like Lexey to act like such a child, but she needed comfort now more than ever.

She couldn't help but peek over the Stormbringer femme's shoulder over once in a while, hoping to see Aiden walk through that same door. Was another miracle too much to ask? Shaking her head as if chasing away any thoughts related to the male, Alexey turned her full attention back to the ebony wolfess. Obviously, her friend hadn't gotten enough sleep on her little trip away from Dahlia de Mai. Saffron-colored eyes assessed Kol's new cuts and bruises, trying to understand what the woman had recently been up to. "What happened to you?"

[/html]
OOC: *lovestodeath*

[html]
Despite her friend's rigorous, nearly bone-crushing embrace, Kol nevertheless felt all of her remaining tension melt away. She hadn't felt like she was truly back home until now, for Kol was closer to the Koios female than she was with any other, even her own siblings. To her, Lexey was more her sister than anyone else could have ever been. As the luperci broke the embrace, Kol managed a weak smile for her friend, trying to reassure her that everything was fine now. "I went back to Solbjorg Valley, where my family comes from. It's sort of a...long story. I'll be glad to tell you, but there's something else I need to do first. Just give me one minute."

If she intended to tell the full story, Kol definitely needed to get a little more comfortable. Pulling away a bit, she shrugged off the leather satchel she'd been carrying on her back, dropping it between the pair of friends. Using her teeth, she unclasped the buckles and opened the bag, rummaging around for a minute before pulling out what she'd wanted. Held gently in her teeth were two pieces of jewelry: a semi-precious stone bracelet large enough to sit above a wolf's elbow and a simple necklace. The bracelet was a thin leather cord strung with polished stones of multi-colored turquoise. Most prominent of the colors was the blue-green that was most common, followed by a few stones of brown and white and black and white, both the rarer forms of the stone. At the center point of the bracelet hung a small red-tail hawk feather. The necklace was a simple black leather cord tied in two places for adjustment. From the cord dangled a silver triskele pendant, one of the family symbols of the Stormbringer and Oriel bloodlines. Not wanting to drop either thing, Kol nudged her nose forward, indicating for her friend to take them.
[/html]
[html]

I blame my cold for this sucky post, because I can.

What was going on? Honey-hued eyes watched the Stormbringer femme’s every move while attempting to peer into the mysterious backpack from time to time. Alexey was suddenly feeling a little flustered. She wanted to know all about her friend’s recent trip to Solbjorg Valley but Kol’s explanations were being delayed by whatever was in that satchel, and Lexey was growing impatient. “What are yo-“ she mumbled, stopping mid-sentence when the obsidian lass finally found what she’d been looking for.

Alexey was at a loss of words for the longest time. All she could do was stare at the two pieces of jewelry as if they were the most precious things in the whole wide world. The only jewelry she’d ever laid eyes on before were Desaevio’s beads, and she’d been quite fascinated by them. “That’s gorgeous,” she murmured, tilting her head to get a better look. When Kol nudged them forward, Alexey’s first reaction was to step back. She didn’t want to break them! Slowly moving forward again, she gingerly took both the bracelet and the necklace in the palm of her hands, handling them with utmost care.

“Are they for me?” she asked, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Ta-da!

In Character

Kol couldn't help but grin at the stunned expression on Lexey's face as she shoved the jewelry toward her. The Stormbringer didn't think her skill was all that wonderful, but she knew how badly her best friend had always wanted something of her own, and she'd finally had the time to collect everything and craft something just for her. The Koios femme held the two pieces in her hand gently, and Kol just smiled. "Of course they're for you silly." The girl chuckled softly as she shook the journey dust from her fur. Free of the leather satchel, she took the opportunity to hop up onto her beloved mattress, flopping down gracelessly and groaning in content as she rolled onto her back.

"I don't know what went on between you and my dimwitted cousin Aiden while I was gone, but he wouldn't let me leave without taking that necklace back for you. He decided to stay in Solbjorg to help after everything was done, but he seemed so much different than the angsty, depressed sod he used to be." Kol wiggled from side to side on her back as she spoke, rubbing at an itch between her shoulders. Finally having taken care of it, the wolf flipped back onto her stomach. "He said to tell you that you saved him. That necklace he gave you was his mother's, my aunt Rain's. It's a triskele, one of the symbols a lot of us female Stormbringers associate with. It's the same symbol he had branded under his eye in honor of her." She smiled softly as she kept her violet eyes on her friend. Whatever had happened between the Oriel male and Alexey had been profound enough to pull Aiden out of his lost depression. She just hoped it hadn't come at the cost of her friend's utter heartbreak. "The other piece, the bracelet, is just a little thing from me that I thought you'd like."

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

Alexey accompanied her best friend’s chuckle with one of her own. It felt good to exhibit feelings of happiness once again, as opposed to her gloomy attitude as of late. Then the unexpected happened. Kol questioned her relationship with Aiden, and Lexey found herself momentarily choking on her laughter. “What? N-nothing happened!” she blurted out defensively, purposely avoiding all eye contact with the Stormbringer femme. She could feel the heat radiating from her cheeks. But the obsidian wolfess kept on talking, and slowly but surely, Lexey finally realized that trying to hide anything from her friend was futile. “H-he’s not dimwitted, you know!”

She took a seat on the edge of the bed, staring at the jewelry in the palm of her hand. When Kol explained who the necklace had once belonged to, a smile discreetly formed on Alexey’s lips. “His mother,” she murmured to herself, drawn in by the triskele’s radiant beauty. The tawny girl was touched and yet unsure of herself. Why had Aiden entrusted her with a family heirloom? Saffron-colored eyes wandered over to the bracelet as Kol mentioned the gift she’d made. Just as beautiful. “He's not coming back, is he?” she asked suddenly, turning to her friend for guidance.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

*loves to death*

In Character

Kol grinned mischievously as her friend got defensive of Aiden. The proof is in the pudding, as they sometimes say, and there was no denying what had gone on in Kol's absence. She was relieved beyond belief that her cousin had finally come around to enjoying life, but so help her god she would never, ever forgive him if Alexey suffered for it. Her violet eyes softened as the Koios girl asked the question she knew would be coming, and she shoved herself forward on the bed, pushing her head into her best friend's lap. "No Lexey, he's not coming back. You healed his broken soul, and he feels his place is back in the Valley now. It's where he feels he belongs. You will always be a part of him, but you're meant to walk different paths, I think. I'm sorry sweetheart."

The Stormbringer girl sighed softly as she spoke, not liking the truth of the situation in the slightest. She knew all to well that life was full of disappointments like this, and that it helped a soul to grow and better itself as the years pressed on, but it didn't make it any easier to bear. "Lexey, I can tell you've been staying here in the house for awhile. I was thinking...this place is more than big enough for two wolves. Did you want to stay? I know it might be gloomy every now and then living right next to a cemetery, but it can be really peaceful in an odd sort of way. You're more of a sister to me than even my own littermates are, and I'd really like it if you decided to stay." Kol's eyes closed gently as she spoke, letting Alexey see a softer side of her than anyone else ever saw. There was an ulterior motive to her request as well. The simple truth was that even though Dahlia was and would always be home to her, Kol still hadn't formed any close ties with anyone in it but Lexey. She loved her chosen family greatly, but none of them had managed to get through the wall she usually kept built up. That wall had gotten even thicker since she'd lost Skripi and the others to the Dawnrunners, and it showed no signs of cracking anytime soon.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

XD Lexey's not gonna stick around much longer. She needs to go cry in a corner.

The tawny girl appreciated her friend’s honesty. Kol had given her just what she wanted; the truth. Nothing more, nothing less. Lexey remained silent for a few moments, trying to get accustomed to the idea that Aiden would not be coming home. It hurt, but thankfully she hadn’t been naïve enough to believe otherwise. Her friend had simply confirmed her assumptions. When Kol pushed her head into her lap, Alexey responded by absent-mindedly running her fingers through the younger woman’s hair. “No need to apologize. I’m happy for him,” she said, forcing a smile onto her lips.

Their conversation took a pleasant turn when Kol suggested that they should live together. Lexey didn’t even have to think about her answer before replying; “I’d love to stay.” How could she say no? The Stormbringer femme meant the world to her. She was the only person Alexey could rely on now that Adelaida had turned tail. There was always Sankor, but he was too much like their mother; always so righteous. But now wasn’t the time to mention any of it. “You look exhausted, lovey. We’ll finish our talk after you get some rest,” she teased, noticing that Kol had both of her eyes closed.

In all honesty, Lexey needed to get some fresh air. She had a lot of things to think about and tears were already building up behind her eyelids.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

I feel so damn bad for her. D: *snuggles Lexey and beats Aiden*

In Character

Despite her friend's nonchalant words, Kol could tell the news of Aiden's seeming abandonment had hit Alexey hard. It made the Stormbringer's blood boil with anger at her cousin for doing it, even though she knew it was probably the right thing to do. Lexey was one of Kol's loved ones that she desperately wanted to protect, and it killed her to be the one to deliver news that hurt the girl deeply. All the black Bluet could do now was to be there for her friend whenever she needed her.

A soft smile tugged at the shewolf's lips as the Koios girl accepted her offer. It gladdened the Stormbringer's heart that Alexey actually wanted to stay with her in the little house, and she looked forward to having her around all the time. Her thoughts began to drift off as Lexey's gentle hands stroked her head, and when her friend spoke, it pulled the girl back out of the sleep she had started to give in to. She chuckled softly as she picked up her head, lids still heavy and drooping over her violet eyes. "As much as I'd love to argue with you, I can't. I think my body is trying to force me to collapse at this point." Still smiling, she struggled to push herself to her paws just enough to nearly crawl up to the head of the bed, curling herself into a tight ball of ebony fur. "I'm really happy you're staying, Lexey. Thank you." Her words trailed off quietly as the exhausted female was pulled into a deep, soothing darkness.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]