i prefer moths rather than butterflies
[html]

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... souls1.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#ffffff;">

For Ayegali

Catherine was walking lazily in her Optime form, as usually, deeping at the tribe's territory for the first time. She was capting everything she could. Every sound, every smell, every color, everything. Even the sound of her old, faded jeans rubbing at the leaves and branches of the bushes. Seymour was floating above her and the trees. Everything seemed so calm, so silent, so... hollow. For a second, she thought she was following a woild mouse's smell and it was gone. The sounds, the smells, them all were just gone. It only lasted to her the trees, since she could still see then. She reached to one to see if it was really there, and her hand pads touched the rough, hard and warm tree. Yes, they were real... at least. Looking up, she didn't see the shape of Seymour above her head. A loud whisper ecoed in the forest, breaking that heavy, dry silence. A distant harsh answered her, so she relaxed. He was still there, wherever he was.

A hiss broke the silent suddenly, scaring her. Her ears were nearly drumming with the silent, but that weird hiss waked up her ears. It was a weird hiss: it was a smooth, velvet sound. It was good to hear, really good. All her tension with the fright flushed away at that sound. It came from behind her, but it sounded again, now in her right side. Another one, now in from of her. It sounded three more times, always coming from a blueberry-filled plant. She tried to look closer and, from a small hole in the leaves and she didn't see anything, except from darkness.

Catherine...

She jumped backward, falling down sitted. It was a smooth, velvet, hissed sound... like that hisses. Her arms trembled, scared, though that voice was music in her ears. She jsut kept sitted there waiting whateverwould happen.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sorry for the wait on this. DX

Ayegali had spent much of her time on the outskirts of the lands, riding off into the night for hours on end, until she knew that it would do no good to go any further. She was waiting for some kind of sign from them, anything that might tell her that her family and the rest of the tribe were well, that they would be returning to rejoin with the rest of the family soon. All Ayegali ever seemed to find, though, was a blanket of snow and the faint glow of the moon in the darkness of the night. There was no sign of them, no word sent from afar, and in the midst of winter as the tribe was just beginning to settle in, it was far to dangerous to send her friends out to hunt for them.

Ayegali had returned to the lands only a short time before, settling her friend in for some much needed food and rest, and she took out across the lands after assuring the horse had what he needed. Restless nights came often for the woman, which was why she hardly bothered to sleep during the day. Her time was much better spent up and doing something constructive, rather than laying around and waiting for sleep to come. It was the quiet thud of flesh on the ground that drew the woman's attention, peering past the trees and moving forward until the point that she could see the woman, sitting there.

As Ayegali approached, she could hear the faint sound of the hidden creature, and the woman knew just what was happening. "It's meant for you." The woman said, slowing as she neared, stopping a few feet away. Ayegali didn't personally know the woman before her, though she smelled of the tribe and her scent traced the lands. She belonged in this place, so said her scent and the hidden creature that waited for her. "It will bring you no harm."

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... blebot.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Don't worry^^

Catherine was still waiting when she realized that all of that "silent" was gone, and she heard something. When a new, normal voice called her, she looked at it. It was a black female, and her smell of the tribe. She reconized the smell she felt all the day. It was part of the tribe, like its owner. Something on it seemed to make Catherine have a more submissive position near it. She noticed that it could only be the Alpha, the Kalona. Hearing the black female's comment as it approached her, she looked slowly to where the creature would be hidding, whatever it was. She opened her mouth faintly as two glowing yellow spots fade in inside the hole of the bush's leaves. From that space, the glowings spots became the eyes in a snake's head. It slid from there slowly and smoothly from the dark toward her. It was longer than she expected. Its back was black, but it faded to a white to its belly. It raised its head and looked on her eyes, its piercing, deep yellow eyes faintly glowing.

I've been waiting you for a while, Catherine.

Its voice was more like a hiss than anything else. As the voice came out, it opened its mouth lightly. The inside of it and its thongue were picth black, making her reconize it. She knew this kind of snake, had already seen it in a encyclopedia. It was a black mamba, one of the most dangerous snakes in the world. She kept it cool, knowing it wouldn't harm her, but still surprised. Without looking away from the snake, she asked in a normal voice.

"Aah... what is it?" She wasn't really sure for who was that question, but she only hoped to get an answer.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

"It is your Spirit Guide." Ayegali answered the other woman quietly, a look of pride taking over the features of her face. It was always a proud thing, when a member of her tribe was granted a Spirit Guide. "The Spirit of an animal, sent to only those who are worthy, to accompany you through life's journey." It was a hard thing to explain, especially to those who hadn't been raised with their traditions. "They can be seen only when they want to be seen and speak to only those that they wish to." She would come to learn more about them in time, Ayegali was certain. "All you must do is accept it and the two of you will be bonded for life."

When she thought about it, the concept actually seemed rather frightening, but she knew that the Spirits wouldn't have sent him if the other woman hadn't been ready to accept him. "They even have names." She informed the younger woman, a slight hint that she may want to begin by asking the snake it's name. Turning her attention away from Catherine, silver eyes glided to the snake, giving it a faint nod before finally returning to the woman. It was good to see someone receiving their guide, especially someone previously foreign to the tribe. She could still hold on to the hope that they would all fit in.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... blebot.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

Catherine had once heard about the Spirit Guides. She heard that Leland had a kitten, and Ember, an orca. She never thought she would have one, but there it was. The snake was still staring at her. "Hmm..." She groaned to the Kalona, not knowing a best way to answer her. She didn't look away from the mamba, and she felt her hand rase up to touch the reptile. With two fingers, she touched and rubbed the top of the snake's head. It didn't reluct the stroke, and hissed lowly, enjoying. Catherine grinned and watched the snake slowly slither from her hand to her arm, to her shoulder, coiling gently around her neck, like a scarf.

"Well, what's your name?." she asked to the snake, thinking about what the black woman near her had said. If it had a name, it would be easier. She would not have to create one, and she wasn't very criative in that, "I'm Sawhra Addae Meddimirah. But you can call me Saw." the snake told her, with its hissy voice. It was a very uncommon name, but the grayish wolf didn't complain. It sounded like an african name. She stood up, the snake still around her neck. She wondered for a second what Seymour, her stubborn, strong-head peregrine falcon, would think of her Spirit Guide steal his place on Catherine's shoulder. 'I think they will have to share.' she thought, imaginating such situation. She turned to the female near her, holding one hand out toward her. "I dont think we were introduced before. Hi, I'm Catherine. You must be..." she greeted the Kalona, hoping she was right about who she was.

[/html]
[html]

Watching the exchange between the woman and her spirit was an exciting thing, even if it wasn't Ayegali that was in the middle of the whole thing. The tribe members, she felt as if they were her family, even this woman whose name she hadn't known nor being she had ever seen before. This was her family succeeding in life, advancing, and it made the raven colored Kalona proud to see it. She regarded the snake once more with a polite nod, turning her attention back to the younger woman in front of her, who was now offering her name. "Ayegali Kala." She finished the woman's words quietly, taking hold of the hand that had been offered to her for a brief moment.

"I'm guessing that you've met Dawali already then." She could only imagine that it had been him that had allowed Catherine to stay, and she offered a smile at the thought. "Unfortunately, I haven't been out and about much. Months ago my sister and two brothers left to try and locate the rest of the tribe, who had been postponed by a snow storm, at the moment though, we don't really know where any of them are." She tried not to let that cloud her personality though, the pain of not knowing where her family was or if they were even alive any longer.

[/html]
[html]
--

So, she was right after all. It really was the leader of the tribe, and she realized why she felt so submissive to her. Smiling, she replied. "Charmed." And she really meant it. Finally meeting the Kalona. The snake on her neck hissed delighted as well. "Yes, I did. Nice fella." she answered, remembering. It would be nice to see him again.

Oh. Her smile faded away as she heard the black woman's speech. Looking in an angle, it was good. At least, they could be alive and looking for the woman right now. It was not the same situation to the grayish wolf. She knew her parents were dead and that she have no siblings. Lucky the ebony female, at least she could have hope. Catherine couldn't. Her father killed her mothe, and she killed him. That simple. "I'm pretty sure that they are fine. My family are all oficially dead." she commented, hoping not to be so blunt.

[/html]
[html]

It had been almost a spur of the moment thing, having chosen Dawali for a position of the council. Often it took weeks of deliberation in the council to appoint a new member, but in the transition from their last home to their current one, the council had been lost and Ayegali had been alone in her leadership. Her choice had been a wise one, it seemed, and she took relief in knowing that. "He does well around here." Even after everything that had happened.

The raven Kalona frowned just a bit at Catherine's words, though the frown didn't stay for long. She tried to look reassuring, despite it having been quite some time since she had tried to offer anyone comfort. "That's not entirely true." She reassured the woman, smiling now. "You're my family now, at least I consider you such, as does everyone else here." And in family, the little things didn't matter. They didn't judge, hold grudges, and were quick to forgiveness. "We're your family, you've always got us now, as well as Saw." And the spirits were some of the greatest family members that they could have.

[/html]
[html]
Wanna finish it?

Catherine smiled gently to the black female at her words. Actually, she had begun to see the tribe as her family. The lack of friends had haunted her for too long, and now, she had restarted her life from a different beggining. But for it, she would need to forget her dark past, but she was sure that her packmates and friends would help her. DaWali, Leland, Ember, Tayui, Ayegali, Seymour, and now Saw. She felt that she should have let it go a long ago, but she didn't have the strengh to. Now, she did. She looked to the snake in her heck, and it retributed the glace, nodding to the grayish female.

"Yes, you're right." she said, feeling some sort of reborned. "Well, I guess that I should be scouting. I don't wanna leave all the job to Leland. Bye, now." she said, turning around and waving a good bye to the black woman.

[/html]