can't get much wronger
ooc-sorry late.

The male was growing weary of repeatedly finding himself on these lands, but no matter what his leader might think all his problems weren't self absorbed with his star crossed love. He wanted to bring his sibling back to Phoenix Valley where she belonged and he was pissed. Gabriel might think that he wasn't worthy of one of his clan members but DaVinci knew his blood didn't deserve to rally with the twisted likes of the leader's family. He didn't care who Zana's father actually was, she was Sadira blood in his eyes and she belonged with her real family, not a lot of distant relatives with strange ideas of who deserved to be hated and who was worthy of being one of their own.

DaVinci's stormy orbs narrowed as he glanced acrossed the deserted lands and waited. He knew soon enough the bastard would show up all big and bad to tell him to go back to his pack and leave them the hell alone. He didn't care what they thought of him or who he was but he was tired of racing around looking for the small girl and this whole time she'd been nestled away in Inferni. His blood boiled, the clan might not be the straightest bunch but he knew that anyone would have known the scent of their pack on the small child. He growled softly as his tail tapped against the snow covered sands in annoyance at having to wait.
[html]

What information Jefferson had been able to tell him was enough. Gabriel had filled in the blanks since then. That was why he had been expecting this; expecting someone to come and try and rescue his niece from the likes of Inferni. Rescue her from people who actually cared about her and kept an eye on her. People who taught her how to speak properly, as she should have been by this age, and how to survive. Neither of Gabriel’s children had ever wandered so far without a guardian—Talitha’s exception, however, did not change this. Andrezej was dead, and in his mind, this resolved the matter.

Gabriel approached the silver-gray male, his pace languid, his eyes clear. The Aquila stopped short of the borders and settled onto his haunches. This was going to take a while, that much he could tell from DaVinci’s stance. He said nothing. He knew he didn’t need to.

[/html]
All that he'd come away with was the fact that his sister was in Inferni, he hadn't sat around long enough to learn the truth of everything. DaVinci had grown attached to the girl, he had basically been the one to raise her since Iskata had abandoned her and he looked at her more like a daughter than a sister. He wasn't the best father, he knew that but he'd tried everything he could and he'd kept the little runt alive and lively until her own mother had intervined once more. He wasn't surprised when Gabriel was the one who appeared to sit and stare back at him like there was nothing he had to say.

The blood boiled in his veins as he waited for the male to speak and yet nothing was given. DaVinci couldn't help but explode after the second dragged on and on. His voice was gruff as he demanded what he came for. "I want my sister back." He narrowed those stormy orbs as he continued on. "You have no right to keep her here!" His anger was beginning to get to him as he snarled and took a step forward, Gabriel wasn't going to keep him from seeing Zana or from bringing her home.
[html]

“I’m not forcing her to stay,” Gabriel said flatly. His eyes remained clear and sharp, and did not falter from his companion’s face. Though he was not threatened by the boy, he recognized the potential for physical violence. A cold wind turned behind him, and Gabriel’s thick fur whipped with the motion. It smelled of salt, of the clan, of the distant ash that Gabriel believed he would smell forever. That was not the first fire. There was little doubt in his mind that another was not out of the question.
     There was a sudden shift in Gabriel’s tone—it became chiding, as one might scold a child. “You should have kept a better eye on her. Honestly, letting a child roam halfway across this territory. You should be lucky she came here and wasn’t killed. Don’t expect me to let her go back to people who obviously could care less about her safety.”

[/html]
"I doubt she didn't have help.." He snarled, the hybrid couldn't see Zana making her way that far without aid from someone and he could almost see atleast one or two of the members of the clan thinking it was all a great idea to take the child back to the lands. Someof their views were twisted and warped beyond belief. DaVinci bared his fangs at the male as he narrowed his eyes, enraged that the male would believe he'd just let Zana walk out of the lands and into the wild.

His muscles tensed as he tried to keep control over his emotions and temper as he growled. "I care about her! Every other band in the territory knew we were looking for her!" It wasn't DaVinci's fault that the clan was so selfabsorbed that their leaders would snub the call he'd sent out requesting them at the gathering. He wanted to find his sister and he'd tried looking for her on his own. The damn brat had chosen the worst possible day to venture out to search for god knows what in a fucking snow storm.

"Of course the great leader of Inferni would never make a mistake.. could never be lead astray!" he growled as he took a step closer to the male.
[html]

Gabriel’s eyes narrowed sharply. “Until my son found her on our beach we had no idea she was even alive, much less a Lykoi,” he snapped, fur along his spine just beginning to rise. Despite the fury saw, Gabriel understood that DaVinci was less experienced in combat, much less experienced in the state he was in. Not until the boy made another step did the Aquila rise to his feet, stance and height stating his rank—and his right to turn the boy away.

“You and your mother have proven yourselves incapable of raising children,” the hybrid snarled, taking his own step forward. “Now get your sorry ass out of here.”

[/html]
DaVinci flashed his fangs as he spat back, "She's not a Lykoi, she's a Sadira, I don't care what the hell my mother called her, she doesn't belong here." DaVinci didn't care for Gabriel's rank or the experiance he carried, he just wanted his sibling back where she belonged, with him. The steele male was tired of the leader's arrogant ways, Zana wasn't a clan member, she was born into Phoenix Valley, her family resided there still and he wanted her to come home.

His stormy orbs narrowed at the insult that Gabriel threw to him, a snarl erupting from his throat, "You've no right to judge me Gabriel.." he wasn't going to move as he continued on. "I hear you're not the best either at keeping an eye on your own broad." his fangs bared in a twisted smile, he'ad heard rumors of the war and he'd seen exactly what had happened to Inferni's prisoner.. Daddy dearest had lost his little girl to the enemy, what nasty little things had she been subject to he wondered.

"No." His voice was firm as once more he shut down Gabriel's command for him to leave.
[html]

Nooow would probably be a good time for DaVinci to wisen up or leave. Because Gabriel is about two seconds away from attacking him. Tongue

Gabriel’s eyes widened, then flashed with lightning. He growled deep in his throat and the rage that threatened to envelop him was terrible. If there was one thing a man did not do, it was come after his daughter. Least of all when the father had long since killed the terror behind her dreams, brother or not. “If you say another word about my daughter I swear to God I’ll kill you.” The tone of his voice was horrendous—it dropped severely, warning that none of this was a lie. Gabriel had never once broken a promise to his Lord and Savior. He would not make an exception for anyone.

[/html]
DaVinci couldn't help but snarl back at the male, "So we can't touch base on the mistakes Gabriel's made but everyone else's is open game." His stormy orbs flashed as the male spat at the leader's feet before shaking his head in disgust. "You're a fuckin' piece of work.." he growled as he turned away from the male. He wasn't about to get his ass chewed out for getting in a fight with Inferni. He really didn't want to hear Jefferson's bitching in his ear once he found out, and he knew the male would sooner or later.

He glanced back at the male as he spoke up, "She doesn't hate me.. she'll come back.." he was disgusted at how Gabriel seemed to think that Zana would leave him forever. She might hate Iskata or fear her but DaVinci had been more of a parent to her than their real mother ever had. He shook his head and loped off from the borders again, pissed that he'd let the bastard get the best of him, yet enjoying the fact that he'd touched a nerve.
[html]

Gabriel remained where he was, eyes burning, and listened to the boy make his final peace. It didn’t matter what faults had occurred in his past, no—for his daughter was not the only skeleton in his closet. She was still alive, as opposed to the bodies dead and burnt both across the mountain and in California. He watched as the younger man turned tail and left, fuming, and knew he had won. Though DaVinci might have carried some weight in his pack, that did not belong in the Waste. Even though he did not fully understand the peculiar girl that was his niece, he knew she was better off with her family; and not the ones who had caused her to be driven out by her own means.

Finally, once he was satisfied the boy was gone, Gabriel left.

[/html]