To gather and provide
[html]

Alarice, tall and sleek in her Optime form, gazed out the entrance of the central cavern at the flurries of snow that danced about, adding to the already snow covered ground, and piling up near the sides of the caves entrance, the lighter top layers occasionally blowing about and adding to the already chilling bite of the air. She leaned against the wall, with her arms crossed over her chest, and a tired, bored expression in place. Quickly fighting back a yawn for she knew although it was starting to get dark it was still early evening, and nowhere near night. Turning back to face the central cavern proper she watched as a few of her pack members came and went, sitting by fires to warm themselves before wandering of once more. The cavern soon became quite quiet, and Alarice made her way back to her little make shift fire, noticing now that it was starting to die, and quickly. With a sigh she made her way towards the stores rooms where the fire wood was normally kept.

The supply was quite low, and she gingerly picked up one of the larger pieces, not really wanting to waste in on herself when the pack would need it as well. Tight lipped she placed the piece of wood back down, and headed back towards her fire where her shawl lay in a pile beside the flames, warming from the heat. Picking it up she wrapped it about her shoulders, looking towards the entrance and wondering if she'd be able to gather wood on her own.

[/html]
[html]
http://twilight.silens.net/rp/val/t04.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Despite the chilly air that easily pierced through the warmest of winter coats, it was hardly enough to prevent Valentine from further surveying Jaded Shadows. From the tall, snow-covered boughs of the evergreen and spruce that mixed in with the naked trees to the dips and cracks within the very squat mountain itself, he had taken quite a liking to the different scenery. Sure, it wasn't the seaside, but from a certain point he could easily see over the staggering treetops and find the grey waves of the ocean. Moving along with the snow to crunch underneath his feet, he had hardly seen hide or hair of anyone familiar; mostly a few who resembled someone else. There were a share of dark-haired wolves to be found within the very territory itself, and as he soon discovered, those who resembled Fatin as well.

As he came over the crest of a sloping foothill, nearing the clearing where the pack had neatly made a woodshed and cooking pit (as he saw them to be, regardless of their true purpose), he thought he saw Fatin with just another shawl out for a stroll. But things were a little off here and there—most importantly, where had those fiery red locks gone to!?—and he soon made an obvious connection that it wasn't her. Perhaps saying that Jaded Shadows was family had been previously thought to be too broad; it was apparently, without question, truly almost all blood family. Once he was within a reasonable proximity to say hello, it was the first thing that he did just short of the pit and shed. “Ah, you've got the right idea there with the shawl and all,” then again, hellos were a bit overrated, “but at least it isn't as horribly cold as it was a couple of days ago. Kind of nice outside today, wouldn't you agree?”

[/html]
[html]

Alarice had watched the black and silver-tinged male approach, noting the scent of pack upon him but having never having laid a green and blue eye upon him before until now. Looking up into his golden eyes as he spoke the edges of her lips raised slightly in an amused smile. Yes, it has its uses, she replied, decidedly skipping hellos and introductions for now as well. Nice enough I suppose, i'm not to fond of the cold though. One of the downfalls of winter I guess. It does have its ups of course. I rather enjoy the snow and how these months seem to bring the pack closer together.

With that she eyed the younger male curiously, offering a flick of her tail as she looked him up and down. I don't think i've seen you around here before. Are you new? She asked, smile widening as she continued. My name is Alarice, Alarice Kali, and yours? Alarice finished, giving a pause to allow the tall, and dark furred male to introduce himself in return. She always loved meeting new people, especially new pack mates. It always presented a chance to make new friends and become even closer with the close-knit community rightly named Jaded Shadows.

[/html]
Sorry about the wait -- it's good to finally be able to post again without the host playing dead on me.

[html]
http://twilight.silens.net/rp/val/t04.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

“Fairly new, I guess you could say. I've only been here about a week,” he said, smiling broadly. My name is Valentine, and I thought you might be one of the Kali's. If you would have had red hair I might have mistaken you for Fatin.” Of course, her bi-coloured eyes would have thrown him off-guard too, but they were pretty. Not really something one saw every day, although it seemed like he had seen a few of them even in his short existence back in Bleeding Souls. “If you don't mind me asking, how are you related?” Putting together that family tree of Jaded Shadows was tricky, given that one person's mate was another person's child while being a grandmother to someone else was… well… crazy. But crazy enough that he certainly liked it.

[/html]
[html]

Fairly new, I guess you could say. I've only been here about a week. My name is Valentine, and I thought you might be one of the Kali's. If you would have had red hair I might have mistaken you for Fatin. Alarice couldn't help but have her smile widen even more, amusement even more clear in her eyes now then her in face. Having nothing really to say to that she waited patiently for Valentine to say something else, thinking over his name as she waited. If you don't mind me asking, how are you related? I don't, she replied readily. She is my older sister. I was born to the same parents a few years after her and my other siblings, along with a couple siblings of my own. She explained, remembering her brothers and parents fondly. Out of curiosity, how do you know Fatin? Alarice asked, wondering if she should inquire why he might know their last name Kali as well, but she figured it would explained in the answer to her already spoken question.

[/html]
[html]
“She's the one who accepted me here, but is a very old friend of my mother and father,” he supplied with a smile. It was probably weird to have someone be as up front about finding things out as he was, but he hadn't been shunned out of it yet. If all else failed, he took a hint when it was coming. “And I guess you could say that most of the Kali's look similar to one another.” Perhaps it weren't for bearing the same sigil as his mother, having her eyes, and his father's figure and colour, he wouldn't look like much of anyone. He would have probably blended into the background like a nobody; not that was ever a bad thing.
[/html]