God Called in Sick Today
[html]

Haven. Trenches

little rocky with the new guy…

The sky lay over a hidden sun, casting the shadow against all that hung below. Pale gray clouds spoke of snow, whispering its threat through the wind’s voice. It galloped like wild horses between tall thin tree trunks, a thunderous gust of a thousand beating hoofs. They collided with his side, sending thin ragged fur over his face and across his back. The combination of the snow lined trail and the eye water wind generated a thick deep growl from his chest. Where he and his siblings had ended was certainly becoming a burden.

Leaving hadn’t been hard, not with his mother long dead, left to rest beside his father. The tawny male had forever felt the need to remove himself from the place were sadness had set him and his sibling apart from the rest of their pack. It was easy to leave the familiar and journey out into the unknown, with Gael leading them off to find the bastard that had sired them and killed their family. Now he was alone, unsure when he would meet them again and caring little about it. Taking in the midmorning air, stinging his hard working lungs, the boy just took each step as it came and left the rest to those who cared.

The three no longer traveled as one, but split to explore the new lands, though the young male would have enjoyed either of their company at the moment. Even his quiet brother’s presence was better then the cold greeting the new forest provided. The lean figure darted between trees and under low branches, fighting the wind at each step. Golden eyes scanned the beyond, the thinning of trees and with it the disappearance of his protection. Being such a stranger to his surrounding, everything was a threat. The fallen branch that tempted to trip him, the creaking sound of waning limbs and even the sunless sky left him with unease in his bones.

Coming to the end of the tree time, Heath looked outward. The open lands, dotted with only a handful of trees to protect him was intimidating. But the lightweight creature pressed on, hardly hesitating as his ventured out into the open air. His breath came easy, and his gait intensified as he brought his trot into a full run. The wind no longer bashed against him, but led by a black nose her cut through it easily. The snow barely touched his paws, each step sending him over its alabaster surface. Single black paw took each gaining step, leading him further and further out and away from what he though had been a refuge but was nothing more then confining.

[/html]
[html]
We'll get him broken in for ya ;D

The Aatte boy missed the sun more than he could explain. Even in the winter at least when the sun was out things didn't feel so cold and desolate. But even the lack of sun and the blustery wind couldn't dull his wanderlust. For the first time in a long while he had headed out south. The last time he had come this way was when he had followed his mother out here and they had found the castle. It wasn't a particular goal, but if it worked out that way he wouldn't mind going to explore the place on his own. Maybe he could find a sword or something. It wouldn't be of any use to him at the current moment, but it would be cool to have when he was able to shift.

Jade eyes darted to something that he caught the corner of his eye. A dark shape was moving quickly from the line of trees not too far away. Very quickly. They were clearly a wolf...or least part wolf he guessed. The build reminded him more of his uncle DaVinci. It was hard to tell with them running so fast, but they looked like they weren't much older than Haven was. A light smile took his features and he casually walked towards the figure, though still making sure not to get directly in his path in case for some reason he decided not to stop. "Hey there!" he called out over the wind. The young male loved meeting new people, it was always a small little adventure in and of itself.
[/html]
[html]

hah! Wanted to speak a little French…XD

Soon he would be gone, pass this place as he had all the lands the stood behind him. Soon he would meet his brother, be back with him and the comfort he hated to admit he felt beside him. Ashamed of the thought, Heath powered further, leaping higher of the snow pushing his body more and more. The more he beat his form, the quieter the insecurities became and the louder his confidence bellowed. Narrow chest cut through the deep drift, and he couldn’t help but slow his pace. His breath was ragged and forced but his energy didn’t halter.

The wind was playing games again, its voice in his ears but sounding less like a ragging beast and more like the his own tone. Gold eyes narrowed as his head processed the noise he heard. Taking his eyes off the path he was drilling into the cold snow, the male saw that he wasn’t alone. Slowing subconsciously to a stop he stared at the small boy, whose orange color stood out like a sun against the palest sky.

There were always things that he didn’t like about himself, things that he would rather not feel or need. As much as he knew he should push the pup aside, continue on his way to find his brother and sister and stay the course, he’d rather quell his curiosity. The hidden truth: he wanted company, and didn’t care where he found it. It all made him wonder where he had come from, Heath gave him a look with one raised eyebrow and a closed thin line mouth. He looked him over, before calling back, Hé. His tone was flat, and forced deeper then was true to his voice. The accented word reminded him that the pup didn’t speak his language. The tawny male was never one for the English lessons as the others were, but still he had learned enough to get by.

Who are you?

[/html]
[html]
Yay! I cannot vouch for the quality of this seeing as I'm half-asleep x.x and sorry it's short...

As the other male slowed to a halt not too far away the younger boy's tail swept against the powder-covered ground. He could feel his toes getting numb with the lack of movement and blood flow, but he tried to ignore it to the best of his ability. In his mind it was never a good idea to start off a conversation by complaining about something, especially with someone he was meeting for the first time. Besides it wasn't really in his character to do that. He tried to always look at the brighter side of life. Even in such bleak landscapes.

The word the stranger used sounded familiar, but it was pronounced in an odd way that he had never heard before. The automatic tilting of his head couldn't be stopped. This guy didn't seem particularly friendly, but he didn't seem that unfriendly either. After all he had stopped, hadn't he? He could have just kept running if he really didn't want to talk. "My name's Haven. I live in a pack up to the north," he stated, nodding his head behind him. From what he could smell the other guy didn't carry a pack-scent, or if he did it wasn't one he knew. "Who are you?" His tone was much lighter and the smile was still on his lips.
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... /heath.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
D:

The other was younger then he, though not by too much. Heath felt old, when his thoughts passed over the parents that had been lost. Though his body was young and full of the energy that created and fueled his frustration. Yellow eyes peered on, noting his odd coloring, and how foolish his excitement was. Of course Heath was calm and collected, like his brother. But or course (again) he just had better social skills then the larger brute.

A step forward, Heath., his voice was low and he kept the eagerness from his face. He was sure the pup had nothing good to offer him. But there was no true reason no waste the small information that he might be holding. It was reason they had split, to get the low down on the area. What pack? Heath questioned as he looked away, attempting to be nonchalant and carefree, though his tail swished from side to side.

[/html]
[html]
Big Grin

It was funny how opposite the two boys were. There was Haven always bubbling with happiness and excitement. All good spirits and smiles. While the tawny hybrid was solemn and reserved. He never minded interacting with someone different though. Plus he was persistent. He'd do all he could to break through this other guy's stony exterior. Though it very well might prove to be simply hitting his head against a wall. It took a lot for him to get discouraged. Besides, he'd never met anyone like this before. It was a new experience that would no doubt be valuable.

Heath. That was an interesting name. It reminded the boy slightly of his own. He hadn't met too many other people with "H" names. "Nice to meet ya, Heath." The orange kid's tail continued to swish across the snow. Why was Heath looking around when he was talking to him? That was strange, he'd never seen anyone do that before. He didn't really think of it as rude, just different. "Crimson Dreams. My momma Nani runs it." Perhaps that last bit was necessary, but he felt like sharing. "You lookin' for a home?" Maybe he'd bring home a new friend and member!
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... /heath.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
god, hes a jerk…

Heath let his gaze wonder, taking in the scenery and remembering what surrounded him. His eyes dropped slowly to the ground when the other spoke, always trying to keep his body language at his cool and casual stance. The information was useful, and he was sure that his brother would want him to gather what he could while apart. But Heath only really cared about the last sentence her spoke. Golden eyes rose to watch his face, searching for the deception that was missing from his voice. Certain that he would find it in his expression, Heath was surprised when he found nothing of the like.

What? Heath stared and almost wanted to laugh. Was he looking for a place to live? Heath was on a search, he had a plan that needed to be followed ad revenge to dish out, or at least that what he got when his brother talked about the future. Then again, why would he want to go live with him and his momma? Not wanting to seem rude, or more like a blunt asshole he refrained from chuckling in the pups face. No. I’m meeting my brother and sister. Of course he didn’t need the boys help to find them.

He let a moment pass before being unable to hold his tongue, You always call your mother, momma?

[/html]
[html]
Haven's like "betch, dun sass meh!" XD

Deception was not a concept the Aatte pup was even familiar with. Honesty was all he knew, and being polite. Sometimes being polite and honest didn't go hand in hand, but he did his best to always be truthful. Inviting the older boy back to his home if he didn't have one was just natural to him. He couldn't even fathom not having a place to call home. Maybe it was because it was all he had ever known, but he loved having others around. Not a solitary creature by any means.

At then mention of a brother and sister his tail wagged a bit more quickly. "Yeah? I have two sisters and a brother. You get along with them?" He assumed that Heath probably did. If he didn't he probably wouldn't be meeting them. The hybrid didn't seem like the type to do something that he didn't want to just because they were family. Haven would, but that was just who he was. Plus he liked his siblings (at least when everyone was getting along). At the last question bushy tail slowed and smile faded a little bit. It wasn't completely gone, but not as jovial as it had been just a moment before. A kind of spark lit in him that he had never felt before. "Maybe I do, what's it matter to you?" His tone was forceful, though not mad.
[/html]
[html]
short

It was hard not to get sucked into the happy attitude that the other boy gave. It was contagious, and Heath felt the pull. Yeah, I do. though as soon as the words passed his lips it felt false. Well, my brother is a hard ass sometimes. But I deal. the words were cut short, as Haven wasn’t finished. Not at all.

Changed again, Heath couldn't help but smile at his response. It was the first real emotion that he could feel coming from the other wolf, well an emotion other then excitement and giddy happiness. Ear stood strait, and the hybrid felt the curl of his smile deepen. Its alright, if you’re a momma’s boy. Heath couldn’t imagine anything worse that being the mother’s favorite, the sensitive, cuddled one that never got down and dirty or was whiling to get scarred up. Heath was the dirty child, the one that got a cut, licked the blood off and asked for another.

[/html]
[html]

Haven nodded his head. He had never heard the term "hard ass" before. He wasn't sure what it meant but he also didn't feel like asking Heath. Usually he was never hesitant to ask a question, but he had a feeling that the other might make fun of him for asking it. He would just have to ask someone else later. "My sister Brooklyn can be difficult. I get along with her fine but when she's mean to our other sister I get mad at her." It had been a while since he had had to get between his two sisters. It wasn't something he really enjoyed. Protecting Mati was his top priority though. She didn't deserve Brooklyn's endless taunts and put-downs.

The kid also wasn't entirely sure what a "momma's boy" was. He loved his moms and they were always very loving to him. Though not more so to him than anyone else. He had been the first of the litter to go out exploring on his own. He loved finding new places and having new adventures, but he'd always want to go home to his family. But he had somewhat gotten some kind of different reaction from Heath, so he wanted to stay the course. He smirked back at the multi-hued boy. "I'm all the way out here, aren't I?" An attitude was bubbling up in the Aatte wolf that had until now laid dormant. It had always been there though, just waiting for someone to bring it out.
[/html]
[html]
ohhh nooo

He laughed, a single chuckle as the younger male spoke. His attitude was impressive, though Heath had a hard taking him seriously. All the way out here? Heath could practically smell the boarders that his mommy claimed from where he stood. It was a feeble attempt in exploring or even running away for a brief time, which Heath commonly did when in Aube de Musique. All the way out where? Heath looked mockingly around them, as if to find anything interesting. Come on you’ve probably got your mommy hiding behind that hill. He spoke flashing a tooth filled grin.

Even with such distractions it was impossible to ignore the comments about his sister. Of course Haven wasn’t much younger than Heath, and neither would his two sisters. Thoughts drifted, and the young male couldn’t help but ask, What do your sister look like? Teeth gone from his smile he was left with a inquisitive smirk.

[/html]
[html]

Haven glared at Heath. Okay, so "out here" wasn't that far away from Crimson Dreams, but he had gone so much farther! He had been to Inferni twice and that was a really long ways away from his home. Not to mention he had gone and been back both times without anyone knowing (if they had known he surely would have been in a great deal of trouble). "Ha! I do not!" Like he needed his mothers following him! "There's a castle out here, if you even know what one of those is." Usually the yearling didn't ever talk to someone else in such a way. This was quite a change for him. "Plus, I've been to the coyote clan multiple times. I bet you haven't even seen it." If Heath wanted a pissing contest, then he was going to oblige.

The youth was too young to even really think of girls in any kind of special way. Girls were just girls. He really liked spending time with Siobhan, and he did have a funny feeling sometimes when around her. It wasn't a bad feeling, but definitely something that he never felt around anyone else. Jade eyes regarded the black gloved male suspiciously nonetheless. "What's that matter?" Why did he want to know what his sisters looked like? He wasn't going to tell him for no reason.
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ath2-1.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
the 'goods'

Golden eyes simply stared, while his brain wondered if this pup was for real. A castle? The idea of it was certainly interesting, but he really didn’t think it gave him much bragging rights. His tone was uncharacteristically curious, You been to this castle, alone? Or at night? That’s when it would be cool to see, in the dark. When then ghost that no doubt haunted it were searching for fresh souls. The boys other words brought another questioning look to his face. A coyote clan? What did Haven think he was looking at? Heath was certainly part yote, and if there was a clan he wanted to see that it was badass as the kid claimed. He was sure that it wasn’t much to look at, or even bother with.

Where’s that at?

Haven's question made Heath cock his head. Straitening it quickly in hopes to hide the disbelief Heath gave another mocking grin. What did it matter? Did this guy not know what was special about ladies? Heath respected females, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t get a good look in every now and again. He had always been partial to the pale-coated girls, but in the end he felt pretty much the same about them all. You know, just wondering if their worth visiting. Your telling me you never checked out the goods in that coyote pack? Though the statement was true, he was far more curious to see the males reaction to his question. Topping it off with a quick cock of his eyebrows and a big grin.

[/html]
[html]
So awkward and hilarious XD
300+

Jeez. This guy certainly had a knack for doing everything to deflate his bubble. While to someone such as Heath his adventures and deeds might not seem that extraordinary, to Haven they were pretty impressive. Most likely because he was the most adventurous and outgoing of his siblings. He had been the first to explore by himself outside of the den. The first to leave the pack boundaries on his own. It was not appreciated how the hybrid boy kept trying to downplay his experiences. "No. But I was thinking of going there today. I'm not afraid to go alone, if that's what you think. I'm not afraid of anything." Except for perhaps his father. Though it wasn't so much that he was scared of the man as he was suspicious and wary.

"The clan? It's up to the north and east. All the way up near the opposite shore." While he had made his ventures to Inferni sound rather impressive (and to him they were), he was not thinking of it in the same way that Heath was. Though the other male would not be disappointed. So far Haven had been spared the ugly side of the clan. He hadn't laid eyes on the skulls that sat atop pikes on part of their borders. Yet to meat any of the more imposing and disturbing individuals that lived there.

If they were worth visiting? What was he talking about? Wouldn't their personality and what they liked be more important if he wanted to visit than how they looked? No one had even begun to explain what usually happened between males and females. It probably had a good amount to do with the lack of a father and the addition of an extra mother. Sure he had seen his uncle Kansas and aunt Savina together, but he hadn't ever really thought about why before. They just enjoyed each other's company, right? "Goods? What the heck are you talking about?" The kid's look was more than puzzled.
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ath2-1.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Feeding off the insults he was dishing out, Heath was a typical bully. Rather then focusing on his own insecurities, he enjoyed pointing out those that others had. It boosted his confidence and shadowed the many faults that he had. This kid was an easy target, but the more he spoke with him the more Heath began to like him. He didn’t have many friends outside his sibling, and now that they had left there pack Heath had no one else but the two. Though subconscious, the feeling was a driving force that made him ease his verbal assault. The kid obviously had some guts, with the fire that backed his words. Standing up to a beast like Heath wasn’t an easy feat, at least in his honey tinted eyes. Might have to check it out. Talking about both the coyote clan and castle.

Still, the orange wolf showed his youth. Not know what Heath was hinting at made the male wonder what he was looking at when on his little adventures. He obviously wasn’t much younger then Heath, and still his mind was far more innocent. The goods, it meant all the pieces of the female package. Heath gave a gruff chuckle, looking away to save Haven from seeing his eyes roll. Really? This kid was for real? Every heard of a toss in the hay? Heath looked at the other male, no, huh? He let out a heavy sigh, maybe your not into girls. Hey, if the kid didn’t play on his team then Heath would try, try, not to judge.

[/html]
[html]
Poor Haven is being so dense right now XD

Without the kid really realizing it, he was really beginning to grow into his own. Sure that abundance of puppy curiosity and innocence were still overtly obvious, but his backbone was growing (as evidenced by this encounter). A month or two ago Heath's comments would have hurt his feelings and he might have even needed to fight back some tears. Not now though. He was going to stand up for himself. It had always been easy for him to protect others against bullies. Like when Brooklyn laid into Mati. It was only now that he was really protecting himself in such a situation. Heath was correct. There was a fire inside of him that was beginning to burn more brightly.

At the brown guy's laugh his bi-colored ears flicked back for a second. This was really getting frustrating. It felt like he and Heath weren't even speaking the same language right now. Never before had Haven come up against something that was so entirely hard for him to get a grasp on. He was never this slow and clueless! The last thing he wanted was for the other hybrid to think he was those things. Yet the phrases he kept saying were still as strange to him as ever. "A toss in the hay"? "Not into girls? What does that mean?" He didn't like his girl friends any less than his guy friends, if that was what he was getting out. Somehow he doubted it was though.
[/html]
[html]
omg, this is HORRIBLE, and im shamed by his words... but i love it

This kid really didn’t know anything did he? Heath was growing more attached to him by the second (a fact that he would never admit). He almost felt like Haven’s Gael. Someone just a little bit older, in months or in maturity, that could guide him through life’s tough moments. But Heath was no role model, and any mother would have banned her child from playing with him. He was the neighbor boy that played with firecrackers, rolled in the dirt in his Sunday clothes and stole dirty magazines. His momma just wouldn’t approve.

Come on Haven, Heath spoke the kids name, feeling more and more friendly. you never thought of girls, with your other head? Heath gave another grin, but it quickly faded, knowing by the look on the kids face he really never had. He began to feel bad for him, where was his father in all this? Who was there to explain the ins and outs of the world of romance? He cleared his throat, and even looked around to make sure that they were alone. No one could hear him speak the way he was about to.

”Alright. Kid, there are two type of guys. The ones that like girls, really like’m. Then there are the type that want to be girls and act like a sissy and really like other guys. No one had explained this to him? Heath found it terrible. Who were his parents? Heath shook his head slightly; someone needed to guild this child. Unfortunately for the world and Haven, there was no one to stop him from continuing. Have you ever really like a girl? And do not say anything about your sisters.

[/html]
[html]
I love it too!
300+

Maybe if he had had a father around he would be more...educated in such matters. He would never know that for sure though. The boy never felt as if he were missing anything, not having a father. He had his mothers who loved him and his siblings to play with and keep him company. He didn't even need a father, right? If either Naniko or Anu knew that this conversation was taking place no doubt they would be horrified. As confused as Haven was, his curiosity took the wheel. This must have just been one of life's lessons. No problem in letting Heath teach it to him.

As was made apparent by his face he had no clue what his "other head" was. He had heard of some mythical creatures with more than one head, but he didn't have another head. Was it invisible? But even if it was, wouldn't he be able to feel it? Like he felt his tail or legs or any other part of his body? He quieted his thoughts though, listening attentively to the older canine like any good student. Orange head nodded, he thought he understood that. He wasn't a sissy and he didn't try to act like a girl, so he must be the other type, right? Seemed like a logical conclusion. "I don't wanna be a girl, I know that."

When Heath asked him the next question and said not to think of his sisters it didn't take him very long to think of someone. Siobhan. He really liked it whenever they played together and he found himself missing her when they were apart. And there was that warm feeling he had whenever they were together. "Yeah. Her name's Siobhan. I really like being around her and she gives me a warm feeling in my stomach." He was still unaware of where this could be leading, but the kid had a feeling that he was about to learn something new.
[/html]
[html]

Heath watched the boys face twist with confusion, and found it hard not to roll his eyes. It was sad to meet a guy who didn’t even know how to ‘work’ himself. He reluctantly shrugged it off, that truly wasn’t any of his business. Though he did feel the need to take the orange furred kids education in his own hands. The words Haven spoke were uplifting, promising ones. Well good, that’s a start. Heath responded enthusiastically. Haven seemed all right, and Heath would have hated loosing him as a friend. Heath just wasn’t into ‘that’ scene.

Haven spoke again, and the words almost shocked him. This kid wasn’t a lost cause after all, it seemed like he indeed had a lady friend. Nodding, Some butterflies. Not to bad, it’s a start. If the kid was nervous or eager when around her it mean that he thought of her, subconsciously, as more then a friend. Heath gave him a big grin, maybe he actually had something to work with. Instead of getting into the gritty details, Heath kept to the safer stuff. The fresh pup didn’t need to be confused, not know had anything worked anyways. You think she likes you?

[/html]
[html]

Haven let his tail wave from side to side a little again. Glad to have made some headway into gaining more respect from the older boy. Not only that, but he felt that he was learning something new. Learning was never a bad thing (at least that's what he thought). This appeared to him to be something big and important as well. Which rose the question...why hadn't his mothers told him about this? They had taught him all of the other life essentials, like hunting and talking and manners. Did they not know this stuff because they were female? No, that was silly. It didn't matter that they were female, that didn't make them any less important. If anyone knew that it was him.

Did Siobhan like him? Well, he thought so. She had said some mean things to him when they had first met, but she had apologized and gotten along great ever since. "I think so. I mean we get along well and have lots of fun. I don't have any reason to think she doesn't like me." It then occurred to him how much it would hurt him if she suddenly stopped liking him. If she decided she didn't want to be his friend anymore. It made him feel really sad. Like he had felt when he had thought that Mati had replaced him with that Simon kid. He was slowly starting to realize how he really felt about his coyote friend.
[/html]