there's beauty in the breakdown
[html]

Selene. Dated 12/24.
indent A long time ago, a young man had believed that the world belonged to him. That young man had gone from one home to another, tearing up the ground around him like a tornado. He had seen his father turn on him, his children die, his terrible half-siblings fall one after the other, and in time, the end of days. So he had fled, as all men do. He had run west, run to the ocean, run across the sea. He had been running for over a year.
indent Something had changed. He didn’t know when it had happened, or why. There was a gentle acceptance of fate, of the inevitability of death. He had met it like a brother, come to terms with it, and moved on. Now, making his way home in the cold, the red-eyed man felt a content peace, as though everything had been covered in a white blanket and left to sleep forever.

[/html]
[html]

Strange how the youth had already gotten around in only in a matter of days. But then she had determination on her side. She had set herself on a quest and so she had to make the time that she sought for answers short. A life may just depend upon it. She had a home in Storm, her own den even. She had found out that Chimera had disbanded but there was still the cabin to search for. And it was that which had drawn her away from the packlands that she had confused for her mecca. Having spent the rest of the night in the den given to her she had set out the next day to find the cabin. It was why she wandering the unknown area now. Storm had been left behind though she hadn't a clue of where the borders actually lay.

Yawn parted her jaws for she had set out in the early morning hours in order to make full use of the day. Blinking a few times she finally let her lids rest at half mast in order to protect bright eyes from the glare of light cast from the white world that surrounded the youth of the same shade. She blended easily with the snow, her pettite form traveling on four paws making her little more than a mirage leaving behind a trail of pawprints to testify that she actually had substance.

Head was kept bowed in order to help to reduce the glare as well. Though because of this she wasn't really paying attention to where she was headed. "Have to find Chimera. Or what is left of it. Phoenix said that Storm was a neighbour but how far apart are neighbours here?" Musings only further distracted her. It was no wonder that she had quite literally bumped into another. "Oh.. Sorry..." Words were spoken as she looked up to see who she had run into. She ended up having to plop down on her butt in order to be able to look up at the other's face, head taking on a curious tilt. For a brief moment she wondered if this could be her dad. He was big but he was the wrong color.

[/html]
[html]

indent There was nothing he could do to escape the true horrors he was running from, even if he found himself content for one moment in time. Happiness was fleeting, spent in five seconds, gone to the wind. With Ahren, this was true as well. He could ignore the shadows following him, but they were one and the same and he could never escape. Not as long as he could see their faces and be completely aware that—
indent Something ran into his leg. Ahren blinked, drawn from his contemplation, and looked down. It was a girl close to but not quite the same color as the snow, with bright blue eyes. “It’s okay,” he said, red eyes studying her face, aware it was familiar—too fucking familiar. “What are you doing out here anyway?” The moaning woods were full of vicious ghosts and bad memories, something that the old residents could never get away from.

[/html]
[html]

Time and time again the girl's uncle had remarked on how much she looked like her mother when Kaelyn was in her youth. While she might match in appearance her personality was completely the opposite. She was too much of an optomist. And all too accomidating. Then there was what should only get her in trouble in time, her easily trusting nature combined with her innocence and naivety. Not once since she had bumped into the other did she think that he might want to rip her head off because she hadn't been watching where she was going. Rather she was proving to be eager about seeing a nice face, tail thumping against the ground being a testament to that.

"Looking for Chimera except that Phoenix says that Chimera doesn't exist anymore. But he said that I can still find that burnt building. So if I can find that then I can find Chimera and then I can find my Dad." Explaination seemed to be spoken all in one breath. She didn't even stop to think about how foolish it might sound to think that a single wolf was waiting for her unrequested presence. Her dad didn't know anything about her so why would he be waiting on her to find him? She didn't even pause to consider that possibility. Rather she just grinned brightly up at the stranger. Maybe he knew where Chimera was. The only way she would find out was if she asked and so she did. "Have you heard of Chimera? Do you know where I can find it?"

[/html]
[html]

indent The name escaped him. He couldn’t find it, lost somewhere in the labyrinth of his mind. He knew it was there; he knew that he knew her face from somewhere, but then it was gone, she was speaking, and she had said that one little word. Chimera. His eyes narrowed and darkened, and in an instant he wished the place had never been his, the decision had never been his, and that nothing had gone as wrong as it had. One moment in time, one mistake, the world could have been different.
indent Self control, like an armed guard or a vice, held him.
“Chimera is gone. You’re on the lands that used to be Chimera, though.” He spoke distantly, keeping himself in check. He did not care to hear about his pack, his failure; not anymore. The second darkness, alive in its own way, danced behind his eyes.
“If you mean the cabin it’s that way,” he gestured with a nod, flicking an ear.

[/html]
[html]

So she had finally find the lands that used to be Chimera. For some reason she thought that it would be more impressive than the look of death and desperation all around her. The trees didn't have enough mass to them to really be called trees. She would have never imagined that this was the place that her mom had meant in her fevered ramblings. She had thought that Storm seemed a better substitue for the place. Still, she had finally found the place that she had spent all this time looking for.

Head turned to face in the direction that had been motioned. She had found Chimera and she supposed that the cabin was somewhere nearby. Now there was only one more factor missing that she had to find. At least one more from her orignal quest and then there was the own she had tacked on after information gathered from Phoenix. "Do you know if my dad is there? He is big and black and has green eyes that are green but not really green." She couldn't exactly explain the eye color. All she knew was that they looked like her brother's and Helios's didn't look anything like any normal green that she had seen but she couldn't think of any other color for it. "Phoenix said that there might be family around in the other packs as well. Do you know any of them?"

[/html]
[html]

indent There was nothing for anyone here. Chimera was long gone, dead and buried with his father. It should have occurred then, before he had the chance to twist their image and their cause more, before Revlis had fallen apart at the seams and taken the pack with him. Still, he listened to her, realizing who she meant before she had even finished. This girl was a D’Angelo; Roman’s daughter. Her face was her mother’s, Kaelyn. Everything came back with the undertow, swift and silent. “I haven’t seen Roman in years,” he offered without moving. “If you mean the D’Angelo family, there’s just Misery, Poe, and Naniko. And you, I suppose.”

[/html]
[html]

He had at least heard of her dad. At least she hoped it was her dad that he was talking about. Just as he had guessed at her last name. Wow, he must be like a mind reader or something. "Roman... Ro...man..." The name was tested out. It felt weird on her tongue. "Mom had said that Dad's name was Rom." Could they be the same or was it just hopeful wishing? "Do you know where Roman is? Or those others you said? Can you help me find them?" One question after another sounded due to that ebullient nature of hers. She could prove to be quite the bouncy one after all.

Actually that was showing through in the way her paws danced in place. She couldn't help it. She finally had anotehr lead in her quest. She had found Chimera. She knew the approximate whereabouts of the cabin. She found someone that knew her dad as well as other unknown members of her family. And then she suddenly remembered she had never introduced herself. She had a tendancy to overlook that detail... alot. "I am Selene. Am I related to you too?" She didn't know anything about her family in this area. The only family she knew was her mom's side back in Taceli.

[/html]
[html]

indent She just kept talking. Ahren had the urge to shush her, to tell her to be quiet, to get to the point. It was unlike him to be so rash, and he bit down, jaw tensing. He should have been elated that she had found her family that a little lost girl had come home, but there was no one here for her. Roman was gone. Kaelyn was gone. Misery was more phantom then real. Poe was in no position to care for a child. Naniko…well, she’d probably be thrilled.
indent And still, she kept talking. “No,” he said loudly, almost in a snap. Realizing the mistake, he spoke quickly, covering himself. “No, no you’re not. I’m Ahren de le Poer…though some of my children are cousins of yours.” Some. Not all. He felt something heavy begin to pulse in his skull. “Roman isn’t here. I don’t know where he is. Naniko is in Clouded Tears. So is Misery. Poe’s a loner so you’d be hard pressed to find her.”

[/html]
[html]

The tensing of the male's jaw had her reacting without thinking. Little paws took her closer to the other wolf so that she could nudge up against his leg, head seeking to rub against the appendage in a comforting manner. She thought nothing of his roughened tones. Didn't think anythign about the abrasive nature. She just had a happy-go-lucky personality that didn't allow too much to phase her. She hadn't even noticed the quality that was meant to bite her head off.

"You've got a big name like me Mr. Poer." Head tilted back so that bright eyes could look up at the bi-pedal being. Her dad wasn't around but the others were. Now all she had to do was figure out where this Tears place was. "Are they near Storm. Phoenix says I stay in Storm." This wolf did seem to know alot. But maybe she shouldn't be pressing only him for answers. Clearly he was on his way somewhere when she had run into him. But then again he hadn't excused himself yet.

[/html]
[html]

indent Touch was reassuring, but touch was unwelcome, unwanted. He didn’t move, but he thought of it, he thought of growling and throwing her away, but he did nothing. Quiet, still, listening. Storm again, and their new leader. It had been a curious thing that the leadership twisted and changed as much as it did. “Its south of Storm. You have to cross through the moaning wood to get there.” There wasn’t much more to explore or elaborate on, really.

[/html]
[html]
I apologize for the wait

She hadn't noticed that her offered comfort wasn't something that was desired. She didn't understand the boundries of personal space. It was all a foreign concept to her. Something no oen had ever bothered to explain. And it would seem that this male wasn't about to give her that lesson either. Head tilted back in order to look up at Chimera's past leader as he spoke. Well that didn't sound too hard to find.

"Thanks!" Cheery little response was given was given. Dainty little paws took her away from the older wolf. "I'm going to go find family now. Maybe I will see you around some other time Mr. Poer." She figured she needed to give an explaination as to why she was leaving. She didn't want to come off as rude but she was simply excited to find the family that she was said to have.

[/html]