Utsutu Tsugi Dawali
[html]

For Brooklyn
Picked this place as it's sort of in between AniWaya and CD Big Grin
Word count:397

Dawali sat still, concentrating on the task at hand. His eyes were keen, and deeply focused, resulting in him being completely oblivious to everything around him. What was he doing? Nothing particularly important, really. His hands moved in a way that proved he had done this many times before. The strings of cloth were connected with a technique generally named 'weaving' - there was a need for new blankets. Originally, he had wished to give the blanket to Tayui and her children, although it didn't look as pretty as he had hoped for, and the pups were getting bigger now anyways. Soon they'd be all over the place, probably. He meant to approach her and offer his support when it came to teaching them what was necessary and all of that. No female should raise their children alone, and having raised Aiyanna all by himself, for the most part, he knew how hard it could be.

The pattern was in dark blue, and in the middle a bright red ring (or an attempt of a ring, anyways) gave the blanket more life. A darkly colored green circled around that red, and inside of it, creating a web-like pattern. The method of using different colored cloth pieces was easy enough - the problem was to make it look what you intended to. Sometimes the pattern would be skewed, like this time, and the circle which was meant to be perfectly round was more oval, and leaning to one side. Ah well, it had been a good idea. He would not bother decorating it with beads or feathers, because this one would be classified as "failure" and used on the floor, or perhaps with the horses. It was a shame, for he had gone to great lengths to color the cloth used, and he had wanted to either decorate his own home, or Tayui's with the blanket. It would have looked good on a wall, or perhaps on the entrance door, with some beads and feathers attached to it.

His red tongue curled out of his mouth and pointed upwards as he finished one piece and picked up another, carefully and skillfully placing it where he wanted it. A light hum could be heard coming from him, as he was in such a good mood. Spring was kicking in, and Dawali was never happier than when it was spring.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin

[/html]
[html]
Fail D: 400+

Brooklyn was restless. The young female was growing ever more daring in her explorations. She couldn't really say why she'd waited so long to even leave the mansion, preferring to follow the adults around even if she could hardly understand what they were saying. Now, though, now she was big enough to go off on her own. Her little adventure into Halifax had left her wanting more, ever more. Crimson Dreams just couldn't sate her appetite any more, so the pup found herself growing bored with the caves and the lake. She knew those places, now it was time to find something new and intriguing. So she'd bravely left the safety of home behind, convinced that if Haven could do it, so could she, maybe even better.

The weather was nice again, a change from the cold and she walked confidently westward, trying to find something new to explore. Or play around in. Brooklyn almost wished her brother could join her, but maybe he had already been here. She stopped, trying to recall where her brother had been exactly. He'd said something about some girl in Inferni and some other wolf in a place called after a flower... lotus? rose? lily? Well, something like that, anyway. Sadly, he hadn't said which way to go, so the white female couldn't really follow in his tracks. But maybe if she found somewhere new and exciting she could boast about it to him and they could go off together! Tail wagging at the thought, Brooklyn walked onwards, her thoughts drifting off into space as she sniffed every new patch of grass and tree root. The whole world was unfolding before her eyes and there was so much of it she didn't even know existed!

It was ultimately the humming which drew her attention away from a fascinating bit of dirt. She crept slowly, trying not make too much noise. Was it a dragon or an ogre? Could they really exist outside the stories and her made-up games with Haven? Her nose close to the ground, the scent tugged at her memory but she could not place it. Someone from Crimson Dreams? No, she would be able to smell Mamma or Savina on them. Rounding the corner and hiding behind a bush, Brooklyn looked at the male with wide eyes. He seemed so familiar! It was ultimately the feather which unlocked her memory. Of course she remembered him! He'd been the nice wolf who had given her the feather! She still had that, hidden away in her small bag, along with the stuff she'd picked up in Halifax.

Grinning, Brooklyn ran up to him, shotuting, "Mister! Hey, mister, remember me?"

[/html]
[html]

Fail post by me! >_< I blame this seminaaaaar

His concentration was abruptly broken when a small voice (if voices can be called such things) broke through the silence that surrounded him, and forced his head up to look around for the source. His ears flickered in surprise, as the child had been very stealthy indeed, yet now he could smell her clearly. There was something familiar about it, though he couldn't pinpoint it, but when the girl's appearance met his gaze he smiled widely - she wasn't unfamiliar at all. Although, of course, he had originally met the girl's mother, he still remembered the quiet but clever little girl who was quite excited to get a pretty feather behind her ear. It seemed she was not as quiet anymore, most likely because her mother wasn't anywhere close - she had the freedom to let loose now. The smile quickly became a chuckle at the girl's eagerness, as she rushed up to his tall form. Hello there, Brooklyn! Out exploring, are we? She was quite a distance from home for such a young child, although Dawali doubted she wasn't able to take care of herself. Some children, like Noir (who to her defense was quite a lot younger!) was far too naive to wander off on her own, though Brooklyn didn't seem easily lost. The red wolf male smiled as he spoke, continuing even after the sentence had ended. She was a cute one, that was for certain

[/html]
[html]
*steathily drops reply in*

He did remember her! The white pup's tail would not stop wagging with joy. She couldn't believe her luck. She only vaguely recalled her visit with Naniko to the lands where this male lived. She had been young and foolish, not that that had changed too much. She thought long and hard about his question, her small pink tongue hanging from the corner of her mouth. She couldn't genuinely call what she was doing exploring. That would involve proper adventures and dragons or princesses to save. No, she was just looking around, that was all. "I'm just out looking. I wants a big adventure, like Haven always has." She didn't really know if this guy knew her brother or not, but she reckoned that anyone who was anyone knew about her siblings. Wouldn't Momma talk about them all the time?

Her legs were tiring. Sitting down, Brooklyn took a long look at the red wolf's things. It was childish curiosity, yes, but also something else. She'd never seen anything of the like before. What could it be? Looking up with shining eyes, the young girl asked, "Dawali, what yous making there?" It looked kinda fun, she had to admit. Could anyone in Crimson Dreams do this? If not, she could be the first!

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait - but at least now I'm done with my three hardest exams!
Word count: 334

The girl explained the situation matter-of-factly, and mentioned someone named Haven. It seemed he should know who Haven was, from the way she said it. It was completely normal for a child to believe that everything that was in their head was freely accessible to others, so everyone knew what everyone saw in their heads all the time - but of course the world did not work that way. He chuckled as she voiced her wants for adventure, thinking there was much adventure in the child's mind, and she wouldn't have to travel far to find it. Who's this Haven, then? The king of adventure? Perhaps she would understand the use of the title as a joke, perhaps not, but kings and the like weren't exactly nonexistent in a young imaginative head, and so she'd likely like the comment even if she didn't understand it. Naniko had not mentioned her having any siblings, mostly because he had not asked. The girl had been entertained, and that was it, and the rest of the time spent had been between Naniko and himself, walking around the tribe's claimed territories and showing them to her.

The girl sat down and promptly asked him what he was doing, and his hands ceased their tireless and automatic movements as he presented the work in progress to her, wanting to explain how it worked. I'm making a blanket, as a gift to a new mom in the tribe. Moving to a better angle for her to see as he paused, his one hand picked up another color of cloth string and inserted it into the pattern. I put them under and above the one across, so they stick together and become a blanket, like this. He repeated the action a few times over with several strings. It wasn't so hard to understand how it worked - what was hard was to make the patterns become as even as you wanted to. Things easily became crooked when weaving in this manner.

[/html]
[html]
Yay for Marit finishing exams! Big Grin 300+

Brooklyn was surprised to learn that he did not, in fact, have any idea who Haven was. The memory of that first time with her mother didn't quite come back to her now and the white pup wasn't entirely sure that Naniko had even mentioned siblings. She culdn't fathom why, really. Was her mom ashamed of Mati, Salem and Haven? No, no, that was a stupid, terrible thought to have. Her parents, both of them, lover her and her brother very much and they had never done anything wrong. Therefore, it would be a rather terrible and silly idea to think that they didn't like their other children. And anyway, this train of thought was making her head hurt. "Haven's not a king!" The thought was simply preposterous. She was a prince and he was a knight and that was that. "He's my bruther. He thinks he's a knight, but I know I's a prince. So I has more power than him. When I can shift, I'm gonna get nicer clothes, too, and run and rescue princesses from dragons." Except for Mati. Haven could spend time saving her. Brooklyn had better, bigger dragons and monsters to fight. Once she found them, anyway.

Her attention was diverted towards the blanket again and her eyes widened as she listened to what he had to say. A new mom? So she had babies now? Where did they come from? Did a big bird drop them into the den? Brooklyn wanted to ask the question badly and although she was bursting with excitement, she did think that perhaps he wouldn't like being asked such personal questions. "Are you the daddy? What's the mommy's name? How many puppies are there?" So many questions and so little time to ask all of them. She watched him and his deft hands and although she longed to try it herself, she knew that it would be a silly idea. She didn't have hands yet because she couldn't shift. "Did you learn how to make this blanket? Like from reading?" His pack was so strange. She'd never seen anyone in Crimson Dreams do something so complicated. "Can I learn too?"

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait again, but now I'm properly settled in at least, and my response time won't be along the lines of 2 weeks anymore Tongue
Word count: 435

She elaborated the subject of Haven in a manner that suggested that him being a king was simply ludicrous. Apparently he was a knight instead, and her brother it seemed. Dawali chuckled as she described herself as a prince - perhaps she had been given the honor of explaining that she would have to be a princess, being a girl? And a pretty one at that, even though she had lost her feather. You know, dear, girls are princesses. It's only boys that are princes - you can't be a girl and a boy at the same time. Not wanting to spoil her illusion of having more power than her brother, though, he added another sentence to the statement, which should perhaps ease the message. But! Princesses always have knights and warriors who work for them, so then you are probably their regent, you know. There are no knights without a prince or princess deciding what they do. Except, of course, those who had kings and queens..

A series of questions poured out of the child, and somehow he thought of Noir. Brooklyn had that same touch right then, of curiosity, and wanting to know everything. Brooklyn's speech was far better, though. Again a chuckle flew from his throat as he looked at the girl with a warm gaze - so easily entertained by small children's whims. That is, except Attila's, who also enjoyed negative attention. It seemed Brooklyn and Noir were gentler beings. Hehe, no Brooklyn, I'm not the dad - my wife died a few years ago. It's Tayui who has children, a good friend of your auntie Ember. Their names are Attila, Oceane, Claudius and Noir, and are probably just a little bit younger than you I suppose. He hoped he had said them in the right order as he had wanted to, by age. Perhaps he had mentioned them by size, rather. It didn't matter. As her attention was brought onto the process of weaving she gave him some new questions to answer, and he did so gladly. He found a particular joy in teaching and speaking with children. My father and mother taught me to do this, and their parents taught them, and their parents taught them again. Everyone has been doing it for a long long time, and when my daughters were old enough I taught them to do it, too. His hand reached out and ruffled the hairs on the top of her head as he spoke his last sentence. I'll teach you when you're old enough, if you still want to learn it. How about that?

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Yes, delay of unspeakable fail or what. D: 400+

Brooklyn wanted to like adults, but they all seemed to treat her as if she couldn't tie two thoughts together, as if everything she thought of was silly and she would just grow out of it, like she didn't know what she was actually talking about. Her ears flattened against her head and she flicked her tail. So, apparently, he didn't think she could be a prince just because she was a girl. "I can be a prince, Haven says so!" Her tone was indignant, not because he was being so mean to her, but because he seemed to think that she couldn't decide what she wanted to be on her own. "Mati can be princess, she's a scaredy cat! I wanna fight dragons and Haven can explore with me and have adventures. We does that all the time, you know." Brooklyn's frown softened at the memory of how she and her brother spent their time together, of how he would be a dragon and she a giant, frolicking until their coats were thick with dust and their hearts full of joy.

Dawali mentioned his dead wife and the child's face dropped. So he was alone? All alone? No wonder he spent so much time doing this weaving thing he did, when there was no one to come home to. She couldn't imagine not having her family. "Are yous sad that your wife is dead? If you're sad, you could come play with me and Momma would let you! You gave me a feather, so that makes you okay." The names of the pups were hard to say, but they all sounded so nice and unique that there was nothing the girl could do but smile and be happy that they had such a strong family around them. Dawali dropped 'daughters', which meant he wasn't as alone as she thought him to be, but that only made it sadder, that those girls had never met their mum. Did they miss her? She couldn't ask it, there was something holding her back, so instead she clung to the weave once more. "I wanna, yes! But... could I stay in Crimson Dreams, or do I have to come to your house to learn it? I... I don't really wanna leave my Momma." The girl was afraid he would say no, but she couldn't just go, it would break their hearts if she left, and she hoped he could understand that.

[/html]
[html]

Hehe, I nearly had it archived yesterday, but I'm glad I didn't Smile If it is hard for you to backdate so long (she's adult now?) we can just bury this though, it is up to you. Dawali is the same old slowpoke as before Wink
Word count: 532

Apparently she really really wanted to be a prince, and a headstrong prince at that, it seemed. Princes were supposed to be pigheaded anyway. Dawali chuckled and smiled at the girl, immune to her tiny spree of stubbornness. Well fighting dragons and such is probably as exciting as anything, but it's just that the word prince means it's a boy. And you're not a boy, you're a pretty girl! But you know, queens can do what they want, and queens are stronger than anyone. His eyes shone as they did whenever he interacted with children, and with a little tint of humor as well. It was true, queens were the strongest persons in the world. It's the queen that decides what the King does, you know. It's always like that. His own Mischka had been a proper queen, that was for sure. But if she saw him now, from the world of spirits, she would see that in just this case it seemed the King could be King, even without his precious Queen. He probably would have done even better with her here, though.

The girl presented him with a solution to ease his pains since becoming widowed, although at this the male merely smiled again. He was an educated Gola Watsi, Bonebearer. He knew of the realms of the dead, and he knew that she did not suffer. She could probably see him, too, although it was not his place to try to contact her, even if he knew how to. His pain was eased by his knowledge, and he would seem ungrateful if he could not go on. He had his daughters to find joy in, and it should also suffice. He should not ignore them as if they are not important, simply because their mother was dead. Besides, the girl's logic was simple: He gave her a feather once, so he was good, and if he didn't have a family he could play with hers. Children were amusing, and if one looked there was much wisdom, however involuntary, in what she had said. Well your momma is a very nice person, and so are you, so maybe I should come visit one day. And since your auntie lives in my tribe, you are more than welcome to come visit her with your family, and me, too. We have lots of feathers, you know. Winking at her, he was hoping his old jokes could still suffice as entertaining conversation. It entertained him, at least.

Smiling, Dawali looked at her four-legged form and thought that she had perhaps not really thought her thought through. It made him think of Noir, but Noir was so much more... absent-minded and naive than this. Ah, but look here, Brooklyn. You need hands to do this, and I think that when you are old enough to have hands, you are maybe old enough to want to move around more! But you can still live with your momma, and I can visit you guys. He turned his hands around and gesticulated as he spoke, as if to emphasize his point. Poor thing, so worried over a problem that would likely never exist. She was cute, though.

[/html]