spirited away
The small child of the tribe hadn't really been on many adventures by herself but today she was determined to have her own adventure without her assortment of siblings. Her older packmates spoke often of their Spirit guides and though she hadn't understood exactly what or who they spoke of she was on a mission to find her own today. Too bad no one had informed her that she couldn't just find one sleeping in the snow and capture it for her own, but she was going to try.

Small paws crept across the snowy woods as she peered around each and every nook and cranny that the old gnarly treeroots offered her. She was trembling with excitement over finding her Spirit. She wondered just what type of spirit she would find, she wasn't sure how she'd feel about a giant bear lumbering along with her the rest of her life, or a cougar, the adults told scary stories about the big cats, but she knew in the end whatever the ancestors decided she was worthy of she would learn to love the company. A friend was a friend after all, no matter what it looked like, right?

She'd lost all track of what she was doing in her thoughts and when the shadow of a bird crossed her path the girl ducked down in fright under the upraised root of the oak tree. A few seconds had passed before she decided it was safe to peer out once more but the bird had already disappeared and the landscape was white and bare once more. Her ears folded back in disappointment as she wondered just where in the world her spirit was hiding.
[html]

There had been little research done by Aurèle before she had chosen to live here. In part it was because of desperation, but this was an acceptable problem and one she had no options with. Still, she was making up for time and exploring the setup of the land daily so that she might memorize it. Her memory was remarkable, almost to the point that it seemed unreal. Several strange quirks plagued (or benefited) the Aston female, and while her memory was vast her patience was remarkably short. She cared little for the amount of time she had spent waiting, not doing, and wondered in part if that four year wait had indeed begun to drive her mad.
     It didn’t matter now, she supposed. Those bodies would hopefully remain where they were, and never see the light of day again. Both feet stopped suddenly, and it took her a moment to realize why. A small figure had materialized under a tree like a changeling or pixie of legend, and it took her another breath to realize it was her niece. The girl (and she supposed, all of her siblings) had grown in the short amount of time Aurèle had been away. “I hope you’re not playing hide and seek,” she began, advancing. “That’s not a very good hiding place.”

[/html]
Oceane would have made a quick disappearance if she'd known that there was another in the woods, but her aunt must have the paws of a ghost as silently as she'd come down the trail. The child with the eyes of the sea let her bottom lip jut out for a moment as she shook her head and sighed. "I was lookings for my spirit guide.." she admitted. For now she knew she'd half to give up though, auntie might have silent paws but her mouth was not as quiet. The spirits would probably not be back for a long time she thought to herself sadly, unaware that her emotions were plain as day across her face, the disappointment showing through for the words she didn't speak.

She blinked up at Aurele and suddenly realized that she hadn't seen her aunt for a long time. "I thought yous lived far away.." she said quietly. She might be a child but little escaped the notice of the girl though often it was just filed away and left to decay in the back of her mind, but from time to time a burst of wind would gust through her mind and throw a point or fact into the light of day at a perfect time to be addressed. Now she did just that, not knowing that her aunt had come to reside within the tribe.
[html]

Spirit guide? Aurèle quirked a brow, and a slight frown crossed her face. That would explain why her sister was here, she reasoned. Tayui had a habit for making up stories about ghosts and things no one else could see. For one brief moment Aurèle regretted ever stepping foot in the territory, but shoved it aside as the scent of iron rushed through her memory and twisted cold iron in her gut.
     She faked a smile. “I did. I just came to live here a few days ago.” Her front feet shifted as she came to a stop, tail settling behind her. Tilting her head, the green eyed woman continued. “Now what’s all this nonsense about spirit guides?”

[/html]
The little chocolate and beige girl watched as the emotions seemed to slide across her aunt's face, changing like the sky did before a storm. She thought it was the strangest thing she'd ever seem but she didn't even have a chance to say anything about it before it seemed that her Aunt was sliding into another look, a more friendlier one atleast, as Oceane's own tail wagged slightly in response to the answer that greeted her ears.

"You did? I can see you lots more now?" she asked. The little girl didn't realize that even though they were family that she probably shouldn't ask so many questions. She didn't even know if her mommy knew that Aurele was living so close now. Her eyes sparkled as she went on. "You's part of our tribe now?" she wanted to know if her aunt was close by, or REALLY close by, either way she knew she would find a way to get to see her, even if mother didn't want her to.

She almost didn't realize that her Auntie had asked her about her spirit guide, not catching on that she didn't really seem to believe a word the child had said but just the same Oceane babbled on. "They says when I'm older that I go out to find my path and when I'm ready I's see my guide and they will helps me down the paths I choose.." She beemed up at her aunt proudly for remembering everything, even if it came out a little strange it still made sense in her tiny little head.
[html]

She nodded, not entirely thrilled that her sister’s children might come barging in on her at any given point. That at least would be one aspect of living alone she would not miss. Shifting her weight and dropping to her haunches, the pale woman lifted her brows again. Écœurant,she said, rolling her eyes. Of all the places she could wind up, it was with the crazy folks. “Well pitoune, I don’t think I’ll be helping you find any spirits today.” Or ever. “How about you show me where you live? Your mother doesn’t know I’m here yet either. We can surprise her.”

[/html]
Little Oceane gazed up at her aunt quietly as she spoke. She had learned at a young age that respect was expected and demanded to the adults in the pack that protected and kept the young ones feed. She titled her head slightly when the ivory woman spoke, the language was one she knew but not fully. The first word was stored away to ask mother later but she smiled still, a bit sad that her aunt didn't seem so interested in finding spirits, but perhaps she'd already found hers. "Auntie, what's a pitoune?" she asked as she nodded in agreement on finding the den.

The chocolate and cream child rose to her paws once more and excitedly took the lead as she kept turning around to make certain her aunt was close by. "Attila and Noir will be disappointed I found you first!" or rather, Aurele had found her, but like a good little girl she'd lead her right to their den and hopefully mommy would be there. "Mommy's not always there though.." she warned, not wanting to disappoint her aunt if she missed Tayui, like her silbings were gonna miss their aunt!
[html]

“It’s a young girl,” she replied shortly, following after the child. Her pace was slow in order to keep in time with the child, for the Aston family was built for snow and long-legged. The names were familiar and assigned to the other children, which she intended to know better in order to gauge them properly. Even though her sister was often a daydreamer (as this one seemed to be) it would disappoint Aurèle if their genealogy had resulted in a likewise bunch. Of course, given that her sister did not recall the father, well…
     Absent-mindedly, the pale woman nodded at her niece’s voice, content to let her babble on as they walked.

[/html]
The small mocha and cream girl stopped a second and looked up to her aunt as she gave her the answer to the question she'd posed. "Oh.." was all she said as she suddenly began to move again, the answer enough to stop her chattering away for a few seconds. Her small paws padded down the trail she knew by heart now as she made her way to the den, her aunt in tow as her banner of a tial waved proudly as she knew she would get to announce to everyone that their aunt had come to visit!

Glancing back to her aunt Oceane asked suddenly. "Where did you stay before you came to live with us?" she didn't know much about her aunt but she was rather curious about the outside world and wanted to hear everything anyone could tell her. One day she knew she would venture past the tribelands and be a grand adventurer. For now she was just the tourguide leading her aunt to the homebase. Her sea foam eyes darted back to the world before her as she announced. "Almost there!"
[html]

The girl, she looked nothing like Tayui. Her eyes were close, but not enough to dispel such obvious differences. Such common colors meant that her father would be hard to find, if such a desire ever came. Then again, she had little experience in this place. Its true size was much smaller then that of the world she had come from. “Many places,” she began, sparing a glance to a noisy squirrel.

“Before this I lived north, near a lake. I don’t know what it was called. It was very pretty, though.” She added absent-mindedly.

[/html]
The chocolate hued girl was silent a moment as she watched the shadow of a bird float overhead before she frowned and turned to look back at her aunt. She didn't know much about the ivory woman but she liked her. There were so many members in the tribe but most of them tended to ignore the puppies that were always underfoot or treated them like what they were, children. Their aunt didn't do that and it made Oceane feel older than she truly was. The voice of her aunt made her pause a moment as she began to explain where she'd lived before. A slightly puzzled look came over Oceane's face as she asked. "Why didn't you live with mommy.."

She jumped up onto a fallen tree and walked along the base as she went on. "She's your sister.. right?" Oceane wasn't to good at remembering all the different names and relations and how they fitted together but she was trying. They had come to the clearing where the den was located and Oceane sat down atop the fallen tree as she waited for Aurele's answer.
[html]
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2522/aureleii.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Could we wrap this up with your post? Maybe Ocèane takes her aunt around the packlands for a bit?

Why didn’t she live with her sister? For a thousand reasons. A thousand and one. She could not justify them to a child. She would not. “Yes, she is.” Short, to the point. Sparing a glance to the girl, she continued to walk and moved forward, into the clearing. There was nothing remarkable about their home, except for the overpowering scent of Tayui and the children. The long-legged wolf advanced and searched the area, but found it still except for the occasional movement of small animals in the underbrush or the wind. Tayui was not here, but perhaps it was best that way. She turned back to her niece. “Would you tell your mother that I came?”

[/html]
(we can fade off now, or after your next post?)

She didn't even really realize that her aunt never fully answered the question she'd asked. She was just happy to lead her on to the family's den, hoping that one of her siblings was around to see that she'd found their aunt first and had brought her all the way back to their home. There were no other puppies in the packland except her siblings so she had no problem hanging around with the adults, even if they didn't want to play, she could still learn much by asking the million and one questions she had mulling around in the back of her head. She wagged her tail happily as she plopped down in the middle of the clearing and waited for Aurele to catch up.

It only was a second or two before the offwhite wolfess had joined her and was looking about the area for Tayui. It didn't seem that any of her family members were home which disappointed her some but she'd still done a very grown up thing and that was satisfaction enough, for now. Though it seemed that her day was going to be granted with a little more disappointment as her aunt seemed ready to leave, asking her to tell her mother that she'd been by.

Little Oceane nodded silently as she tried to hide her disappointment but within seconds another idea formed in her mind as she leaped up and suggested. "We can go explore the territory! You'll need to find a new den.. if you're not going to stay with us.." She looked up at her aunt hopefully, wanting to find any excuse to spend more time with this new family member.