just below the radar
Sankor was bored. He knew he should probably put some thought into finding a rank that suit him but he wasn't really sure anymore where his skills really could take him. The pack had all sorts of ranks and duties that could be suitable for him to do but he didn't want some everyday common duty that would just make him another one of the crowd. There were enough males in the pack and he wanted something to atleast make him stick out a little. The male paused in the middle of the thought as he realized that that sounded just a little strange, even for his line of thinking. It wasn't like he had anyone in the pack he was trying to impress. He grinned to himself and rolled over onto his back in the snow, wondering how often he actually thought such strange thoughts and didn't realize it.

Scratching his back against the icy edge of the snowdrift the male rolled to his paws and shook the fragments from his fur as he chuckled. He sure was in trouble if he was going to start letting his mind idle down that trail of thoughts. He did not want to start thinking about families and puppies and the likes, his sisters were bad enough, he'd feel sorry if he ever had kids.. if they had to go through the drama he went through with his own sibling. A Grin escaped his maw for a second as he sighed and straightened up.

Thinking about puppies reminded him about the more serious matter in the packlands, the missing boys. He bit back the laid back attitude he'd just been flirting with and decided to scout about to see if there was anything anyone hadn't found, though the recent weather had probably washed away all signs of the missing Soul children.
[html]

300+
OoC: My first Sankor thread! Yay! Smile

Coli let her small cream-furred paws carry her lightly atop the snow, her frail Lupus weight not enough to break through the icy surface. It gave her some small satisfaction to be back on all fours again, as she had been trying out the past few days. It was a perspective that reminded her of her childhood, the happy parts at least. The wolf let her mind wander to the family that had adopted her, the werewolves she was living with. Deuce had been very supportive of everything Coli put her through, and for that she was grateful. In return, she was spending more and more time with Willow, her adorable little sister that seemed to be straying further and further within the packlands. Coli had already rescued her from a grumpy Svara, and had heard the tale of her encounter with Firefly. But today, she was wondering about Taliesin... Tal was Deuce's other son, younger than Coli, but an adult nonetheless. The tall white wolf with the mismatched eyes was a solid good guy, lighthearted and adventurous. It seemed like Willow took after him, the Rhiannon side of the family. A small, bitter smile twisted on Coli's muzzle, again feeling the pang of isolation. Despite all of her relatives, it really did seem that she was the only one with such cowardice running through her veins...

Her ears flicked forward as she caught the sound of crunching ice... Her bright blue eyes peered around the snowdrift she had been approaching, startled to find another wolf so close to her. She wasn't as fearful as when she had first arrived at the borders, and after being shown everyone's faces at the pack meeting, Coli was relatively unafraid of this handsome stranger. She was friends with Alexey, who had mentioned a sister and a brother she could not live without, despite their annoying habits. Lexey had become a fast friend, and she was hoping that the Koios family would all be as accepting of Haku's daughter.

"H-hello...? You're one of the Koios family, right?" Coli shuffled her paws, suddenly anxious. What if she was wrong? Oh, that would be mortifying! The sudden wave of nervousness paralyzed her tongue, and she merely stared at him, eyes as wide as saucers as she awaited his reply.

[/html]
Sankor's mind had been off in space, which seemed to be where he lingered most of his time nowadays when a small voice cut into his little world. Blinking as he backpeddled a moment and stopped in his traces, turning to find the owner of such a small little voice. He realized when he caught sight of the lady who it was, though he hated to admit he couldn't remember her name. He hadn't been as attentive at the packmeeting as he probably should have been. He could recall that she'd moved in with a family in the pack but he hadn't met any of those figures either so he was a bit of a hopeless at the moment, the only thing he could do was answer the question she presented him with.

Settling back on his haunches for a moment he gave her a dashing grin as he asked, "Depends on who's wanting to know..." Once a tease, always a tease, even when there was little that ever came out of it. In the end he was too chicken to be more than a friend and a hopeless flirt just to make the ladies smile. He wondered if any of them had caught onto the truth or if either of his sisters had given away his little secret. He sure hoped not, it would ruin all his fun.

When he realized the nervous and wide eyed look the lady was giving him he smiled softer as he said. "Hey, relax.. it's not that big of a deal is it?" He wasn't in trouble right, he couldn't think of anything he'd done, but with that look she'd granted him he wondered what sort of rumors could have been spread about him. That was a strange idea indeed, rumors about him? Hah.
[html]

OoC: ...

Frozen in place by her own momentary lapse in judgment, the wolf watched warily as the stranger grinned happily, settling onto his haunches to face her. His fur was dark, a mixture of browns deeper than her own warm pelt, lending contrast to his amber eyes. His eyes... they were like Alexey's. She was right! But then why didn't he say so? Coli tilted her head helplessly, still muted.

Sankor was the name she had been told. This was Sankor. She felt herself relax a bit as his own teasing facade dropped, a genuine smile curving onto his mahogany muzzle. Exhaling shakily, Coli took a tentative step forward, then another, bowing her head low. "...I'm Coli, Colibri Haki, a friend of Alexey's." she murmured, attempting a smile of her own. "It is no big deal, you're right. No big deal." She repeated the words to herself, psyching herself up for the unexpected conversation. "S-sorry to have concerned you! I was m-merely taking a walk nearby, st-stumbled into you..." Her soft voice trailed off, and she winced. She had been getting better, with the whole-hearted support of the Rhiannon family. But still, she was so hopelessly introverted on her own! She hated the pathetic adult she had grown into, and assumed everyone who met her felt the same way.

[/html]
Sankor didn't know enough about any of his packmates histories to really draw up any sort of story on the chocolate and cream furred lass before him. If he had he probably would have dropped his little teasing gestures and taken a more serious approach to the child. He watched the nervous look seem to melt away though when he'd finally announced just who he was and in a single breath she seemed to blossom just a little and come out of her shell. The bow was still too much for the male as he shook his head and smiled. "No need for formalities little lady.." he said with a soft chuckle as she seemed to try and agree with him that it was no big deal, though somehow he wasn't for certain that she really was able to convince herself.

He couldn't help but hop to his paws when she'd announced that she'd been out taking a walk when she'd came across him. His eyes sparkled as he suggested the continue then. "Well, I've nowhere to go but roam, perhaps I can join you.." he asked before issuing her a large grin and commenting on how she'd stumbled upon him. "and.. believe me, you didn't stumble upon me. I've been stumbled upon and stumbled over.. and Miss, you have done neither today." he said with a little wink as he moved to circle the girl once, so use to being up and moving that he didn't even realize that his actions could be taken wrong, up and away always on the go was just the way he was.. except when he was being a lazy good for nothing bachelor and trying to hide from his duties and the ladies of the world.
[html]

Words: 300+

Well, if anything, he certainly was a charmer.
Her small paws turned inwards as she ducked her head shyly, not fully understanding the intent behind his words. Coli was not a girl accustomed to compliments of any sort; Alexey herself had made a comment to that effect. "L... Little lady..." she squeaked, hiccoughing a small giggle. "Perhaps... that is suitable... compared to you, at least..." He was, after all, a sight larger than she was. Oh dear, was she supposed to reciprocate a nickname? "Big man" hardly seemed affectionate, and "handsome stranger" wasn't the most likely phrase for the introvert to blurt out. "But... without formalities, I suppose... simply 'Sankor' would be best." She felt her terra-cotta furred ears droop, hoping she had not spoiled this friendly wolf's game by her lack of imagination.

Hesitantly, Coli took a step forward, almost tripping over herself as Sankor leapt up to encircle her. She hadn't expected the deep mahogany-furred Koios to move so suddenly, and it made her treacherous heart lurch violently in her chest. She blinked rapidly, trying to compose herself. Obviously, he wasn't going to attack her or anything; why had she seen the need to shrink away from him? Surely he was already wishing he had not offered to walk alongside her. She wasn't the best company, she knew. Heartbeat still pounding behind her ears, she took a shaky breath, trying to meekly reply. "Th... that is a relief, friend Sankor. It would make things uncomfortable had I tr-truly stumbled atop you-! I... I would appreciate your company, for as l-long as you are willing to offer it. Although surely one s-such as yourself has other obligations within a p-pack this large..."
Family, friends, rank, she knew the drill. It was why Cercelee had still not sought her audience, despite their history together. It was why Haku had been so blissfully scarce around town, avoiding her and Deuce like the plague. Was Sankor someone concerned with garnering rank? She could not tell. He just seemed interested in forging friendships - a pleasant pastime, if one she was incapable of.

[/html]
ooc: ignore the fact that Sankor acts like he doesn't know what his rank is.. he's talking regular rainks.. not co-ranks.. Big Grin

There was hardly anything that could spoil Sankor's mood when he was in a good one, and today was no exception to how he'd been lately. Grinning at the girl as she shyly tried to give response to his teasings there was little Sankor could do butchuckle at her hiccuping giggle. It was silly the strange things that women seemed to do when you played the ham. "Now the hard part is over now, atleast we know eachother." he joked as she seemed a little dejected at not finding some silly pet name for him.

He thought wasn't bothered at all, the girl before him was an interesting case as he sound found out when he'd moved suddenly and she'd reacted just as fast. He paused in his motion and settled back a distance to give her room. His eyed darken slightly in confusion as she spoke up. He nodded slightly as she seemed to push away the invite, making him curious as to what was ticking inside the chocolate furred child's head. He couldn't help but grin as he admitted he did have duties. "My job, well.. it's to get inside that pretty little head of yours.. and everyone else in the pack.." He'd taken up the co-rank not to long ago but the dark hued male did atleast carry duties now.

He loved to talk and chat, and being the middle ground between his siblings for so long had laid a fine road to settling in and listening to one's worries or fears.. or even deep dark secrets if the need arose. He hadn't really had to help fix anyone's problems lately but he wouldn't be surprised if the normal should to lean on didn't occur from time to time, it's what friends and family were for.. and he was that within the pack.. he hoped he'd become closer as well if they could see who he really was.

Taking a step alongside the girl he asked. "So my little lady, shall we talk about the birds and weather, or do I have to actually get to work and sort through the ticks and tocks behind those georgous eyes." He was too much, perhaps way to much for the shattered soul beside him.
[html]

Heheh, Sankor's cute... ;P I like the flirty ones!

The talkative male seemed unperturbed by her awkwardness, and flashed a cheerful grin at her stammering response. He seemed so very much brighter than her, as though he were the sun and she were a shadow being chased away by the light. Frazzled, Coli tried to compare her memory of Lexey to him - had she been this friendly, this overpoweringly confident? Perhaps to some extent, but Sankor was such a dazzling man...! She could hardly keep her thoughts straight. The flustered wolf kept her head bowed low, embarrassed by the attention and unsure how to return it. As long as she did not insult the Koios, she supposed she should count that as a successful encounter.

He gave her some room as they began walking again, ambling aimlessly in the snow at a leisurely pace. The female took the chance to calm herself, exhaling slowly as her racing heartbeat settled back into a more gentle rhythm. She listened as the dark male spoke up again, drawling his teasing words, hinting at his purpose. "Inside my...?" she squeaked, unsure of what he was alluding to, but frightened nonetheless. Then it dawned on her; he meant her thought process, her mind. Sankor was... a psychologist?

"I... don't think you'd like it much inside my head, friend Sankor," she murmured softly, looking aside self-consciously. He couldn't really see behind her eyes, could he? That was a silly thought, she knew. But still, there was something so intense about his gaze-! What if he really did see what a mess she was on the inside...? She could just barely hold things together enough to talk to people, and even then, she didn't socialize much. Anxiety gave her physical pain - stomachaches, tightness in her chest, dizziness. In all honesty, she could seriously use the help of the pack Psychologist. But, lo and behold, she was too afraid...

[/html]
True enough there was little that could actually eat through Sankor's shields and remain to bother him for long. While he could be pestered and annoyed from time to time after a while it just began to roll off of him. The mild mannered male could never really recall a time he'd snapped or been enraged truly and it was probably a good thing. He knew that he had the girl all a flutter but to him as long as she kept talking and remained a little social he could probably bet that like all caterpillars she'd turn into a beautiful butterfly if she'd just come out of her shell.

His paws stepped one by one as they moved along, from time to time his eyes turned to glance at her, the humor dancing in them as she seemed to take his words a little to seriously. A soft rumbling chuckle rose from his throat as he winked at the girl when she'd spoken up, yet soon enough it seemed that she understood just what he'd meant and things were a little bit easy again. It was short lived though as she did start to draw herself from that frail shell.

He paused as she seemed to look away, like she was ashamed of who she was or perhaps just what she was made of. He raised a brow at the little lady and stated frankly. "I doubt that there's anything about you yourself that could scare me my little butterfly.." He knew that the world was a cruel place but this little creature before him didn't seem like she could harm a fly. He wasn't certain just what the world had done to her to turn her into such a jitterbug but he knew in time with patience, friendship and love that she could be made whole again, if she wanted to be, but no one could help her unless she was willing to accept the help at hand.
[html]

Her small paws padded meekly alongside his much larger ones, and she snuck another curious glance at the friendly Psychologist. His fur was so pretty, those rich deep shades of dark brown, mahogany, like the smooth bark of a elm tree. He was really handsome - he must be popular with the ladies of the pack. That thought made her a little downcast; she didn't look like much of anything. She was coloured like a deer mouse, and shy like one, too. Was he really interested in her company, or was he just bored and being polite...? He winked at her, and she quickly looked away, mortified at being caught. She let her ears fall back shyly, listening to his warm voice speak.

Butterfly. Well, that was somewhat sweet! "Colibri" meant hummingbird, and of course both hummingbirds and butterflies pollinated the flowers Coli loved so much. Ducking her head to hide the blush rising beneath her cream-furred cheeks, she scurried ahead several steps, taking the lead before Sankor.
"I wouldn't want to be the one to prove you wrong, S-sankor," she replied softly, still too embarrassed to meet his intense golden gaze. He would see right through her, she knew he would. She didn't want him to see how fragile she was on the inside.
"But it seems like everything in this world is scary. I'm sure what's in my head is the least of it." It was better to be timid than to be angry, right? She worked very hard not be angry, not ever. Svara was the only one who had successfully angered her more than once, but that was a complicated rivalry. The fluffy wolfess nodded firmly, trying to be a little more confident around the intelligent male. It was so hard not to get flustered! Whether it was his co-rank, his size, or his demeanor, something about Sankor had her all fluttery inside, her tummy filled with the very butterflies he alluded to.

[/html]
The sunny male never really stopped to think of what others thought of him, atleast, not normally. From time to time he'd kick back with one of the other males of the pack and joke about how life was as a lonely bachelor but it was always just for jest. Sankor had no real thoughts of the flirting he did or how the others of the pack might interpret his ways. He turned his eyes back to the woman once more and just smiled warmly, his slow padding jaunt just enough to keep him moving along as he wondered just what had happened to this poor dear to render her so shy.

Suddenly it seemed that he'd said the wrong thing though as the mocha and cream lady darted ahead of him, literately leaving him in the dust to try and figure out what it was he'd done wrong. He tilted his head to the side as Colibri spoke up. He was quiet a moment as he watched her move on before he decided to speak up. "I doubt you can prove me wrong for I've seen and heard some pretty strange things in my travels." Sankor knew that there must be a good reason she didn't want to reveal her secrets and though he teased and attempted to bait the words from her be was beginning to wonder if she was right and he actually didn't want to hear the truth. It wasn't that he couldn't handle the truth, but moreso the attachment that comes with knowing the truth.

The male shook his head, his soft bangs that cut across his face fluttering back and forth before settling right back into his eyes again. He quickened his pace to meet back up with the lass as he turned his honey hued orbs towards her, glancing at that pretty young face she tried to hide as he spoke. "The world can be a scary place, but it's more dangerous to walk through the world alone than in the company of friends." He pulled his gaze off the woman as his soft words floated between them in the air. "..Sometimes it's better to let it all out than to keep the darkness inside." He paused in his tracks a moment as he looked up into the empty sky. "Of course.. you could end up an annoying chatterbox like myself if you speak up too often.."
[html]

Sorry for the wait, love!
Words: 300 exactly!

She didn't really know where they were going, and she supposed it did not matter. No one was waiting up for her, and she was enjoying herself, despite what her outward appearance might deny. It would probably do her some good to get out of the house more and meet all of the Dahlians, rather than just the scant few that she stumbled across in her daily sulkings. "L... like what?" she chirped softly, tilting her head in curiosity. What sort of stories had Sankor heard? Were there others like her, or would she put him off by telling her sordid tale? She hoped the subject change would not bother him, and tried to slow her anxious pace, letting her small paws take less steps until she was at his side again. She hadn't meant to bustle away like that, although surely he was insulted by her taking the lead away from him.

"Oh, I would hate to be annoying," she said quickly, worry shining in her blue gaze. She just yearned for acceptance, wherever she went. Firefly called her annoying and pathetic, and she had taken the words to heart. She turned to stare at him for a moment, transfixed by the way he had bared his throat to study the sky, seemingly without a care in the world. "B-but I don't find you an annoyance, sir. Rather, your c-company is quite... welcome," she stammered, averting her gaze as her embarrassment returned in full force. If she had been in her Optime form, she would have covered her muzzle with her hands to hide the blush beneath her cream-furred cheeks. As it were, with her on all fours beside the larger male, all she could do was duck her head and bite her lower lip, the picture of shyness.

[/html]
She asked that one question that he would have rather she didn't. Instead of giving her a straight answer the male shook his head and frowned, his eyes glancing over to the young girl as he hesitated for a moment before stating. "I don't think you'd like to hear such things, a young lady like you don't need exposed to such disturbing stories." Sankor watched as the young lass returned to his side. He didn't say anything about how she'd scurried away and he probably wouldn't he didn't mind the switching of leads and the mismatched pace. The conversation was the key, not the motion that drove them along.

When the little girl worried and fretted away he just shook his head and hushed her silly nonsense. "My butterfly, if you were annoying me do you think I would stick around. Don't worry so much and it will seem easier to breath." She looked wound tighter than a clock and he didn't doubt that she probably felt thatway too. He brought his gaze down from the sky once more as the pretty little thing spoke of his company. He just smile slightly as he watched her hide away in her little shell again. "We must work on that my dear.." he said, a hint of amusement in his voice.
[html]

Words: 343

She accepted his evasion, although she was still curious. What sort of things had Sankor been exposed to? Was her own sordid tale and subsequent breakdown the norm, or still an oddity? He seemed to have given up on prying as well, which was a small relief. If he still found her interesting, then maybe there was still hope for her as a person. "I think... maybe it's safer to keep dark things locked inside," she said softly, watching the ground roll slowly away beneath their footfalls. "Letting them out might make yourself feel better, but then it hurts everyone around you. Better to keep it to yourself." So far, that was what pack life had taught her... She had no burning desire to advertise her past, but even the few private whisperings she'd admitted to had spread like wildfire, angering her relatives and making her feel despised in her new home. A harsh lesson.

"Easier... to breathe..." she repeated softly, exhaling slowly. Sometimes she did get far too nervous, and of course the more jittery one was, the harder it was to calm down again. Taking deep breaths was something she often forgot to try, but it was an easy way to soothe her nerves. "Th-thank you, Sankor," she chirped, pleased that he didn't appear to be annoyed. Her dainty paws padded alongside his as a small silence stretched between them, and then his rich voice spoke again. My dear, gorgeous eyes, little lady... He was lavishing her with compliments from every angle, but she really had no way of responding. "W-work on... 'that'. Work on what? What do I need to fix?" Naive blue eyes studied the big flirt, wondering what he was alluding to. Her being shy in general? That would take more than a few honeyed words to loosen up. If it was her stammer, well, she could try to focus more on her words. It only flared up when she got flustered, although admittedly Sankor flustered her more than most. The poor dear was in over her head...

[/html]
Their steps in tone with eachother as they moved along, the conversation flowing just a fluidly as their paws through the lands. He smiled a soft little prying smile as she seemed to finally give way under the eased words and dashing smiles and gentle pressure. Her words though he didn't agree with and with the softest shake of his head he admitted such to her. "But to keep them buried within and they would fester and in time spoil such a delicate bloom as yourself." By the way she acted it seemed that her past wasn't just child's folly but a sore and harsh thing that probably was best kept locked up tight.. but she would never heal and blossom into her full potential hidden away in the shadows of her past.

He was quiet a moment as they kept pace a while before finally speaking up on the matter again. "Sometimes doing what is right doesn't always feel right in the end." He knew that the words he spoke were the trust thing there was but he didn't know if she would want to understand to save the rest of the world but was it better to keep the secrets of a monster hidden when it could perhaps stop a beast from raging against another innocence.

When she finally seemed to listen and ease up just a moment he smiled and let the silence fall between them for a while, the normal scenery of the packlands moving past them as the world still turned despite the chaos that seemed to reign in Colibri's life. Finally he had to let go of the silence and move on and when he did he couldn't help but chuckle at the response he drew from the little woman beside him. "Why, getting you out in the world again. You can't stay cooped up forever!" True she did seem to atleast come out of her shell for a moment in the pack's own territory but he could probably bet that she was a mess in the realm of another. He smiled down at her and chuckled softly. "With a little polish and a bit of care you'll shine like a diamond.."
[html]

WC: 359

There were little flecks of green in his eyes, she finally noticed in a detached sort of way. Did that make them hazel? Or did they simply change colour to suit his mood? Her own eyes did that, a little bit. If they really were mirrors of Haku, then they would get cold and glittery when she was angry, and light like the sky when she was happy. She did not know what they looked like when she was sad, even though that was most of the time - she had never seen Haku sad. Did he get sad? Probably not. Sankor gently disagreed with her again, firmly insisting that it was always better to tell someone what was going on. "Even if it does, it's better than spreading the decay to everyone around me," she murmured, continuing his metaphor. "One dying flower doesn't have to spoil the whole garden." And wasn't that true? She was starting to understand a little better why her Aunt Mew had asked not to hear her story. Ignorance could be bliss...

She stole another glance at his handsome face as he spoke. He was so much darker than Alexey, at least on his chiseled muzzle. With the way he spoke, he must have many admirers... He didn't have the scent of a mate on him, though. Unlike her best friend. Shaking her head to steer away from that line of thought, she took another slow breath, trying to count to ten before she exhaled. She couldn't hold it that long, and the effort made her sneeze. "You sound pretty experienced in that aspect, friend Sankor," she said softly, a touch of curiosity tinging her light voice. He seemed so... worldly. She had never spoken to someone quite like him before.

Chirping birds swooped and flitted above their heads, their beaks laden with twigs for nesting materials. Sparse trees dotted the snowy landscape, foreshadowing the forest they were nearing. Her ears perked forward as Sankor chuckled at her, and she ducked her head self-consciously. "'M n-not cooped up," she mumbled in denial, shaking her head. "See? I'm b-being adventurous right now, n-no polishing required."

[/html]
He couldn't believe how stubborn she was being on the subject but he could just dig his heels in as well. The male shook his head and watched the girl as she tried to find some way of flipping his own metaphor around to fit how she viewed herself. "One dying flower only needs to be nurtured and properly tended to.." he glanced away from her as he went on. "..And they need to stop believing they aren't worthy of being a glorious addition to the world." he ended his words with a soft innocent humming of some unknown tune as he acted like he hadn't just told her flat out to let the world see her beauty.

He tried to act like he didn't catch the stole glance cast his way as they strolled on, some aimless trail through the packlands with all the time in the world on their side. He never really thought much on his teasing ways and if it caused a stir of emotions in the women he teased and taunted. Then again he just assumed if they liked him they'd come right out and make a show of it, so this far with not attention he'd figured he was just unlucky with the girls. Flattered didn't always get you everywhere.

The soft words of the girl reached his ears as he turned towards her with a soft smile on his lips. "Of course, I ran away from home to explore the lands afar.. well, not too far. I have a fear of boats.. I think." He knew that wasn't the reason he hadn't ventured further off than the lands of North America, but it didn't matter in the end. He had explored and he had returned, now he was walking step by step alongside the lovely lady beside him and getting nowhere with his silly little flirtatious ways.

His eyes that trailed over the woman seemed to laugh softly as the lady turned her face away. He smiled softly at the words she spoke but he didn't agree with her, instead he just shook his head and watched the birds that flitted about, diving into the grasses and darting through the trees. "Try telling me that again, you might convince me.. one day." He winked at the woman as he chuckled. "Would you have been so adventurous if you'd been alone, if I hadn't whisked you away to travel the lands?" He doubted that she would have but he wouldn't correct her if she stated else wise, not today at least.
[html]

WC: 315

She caught her breath as he slipped her another sly compliment, choosing a stealthier route this time.
"I... h-hardly think it matters what a flower thinks, friend Sankor," she replied, a faint smile ghosting on her muzzle. She was beginning to trust him, to not get so flustered at every word that left his lips. There was hope for her yet. "But you know, with all the tending in the world, a weed can never be a wildflower." That felt more like the right metaphor; surrounded by Dahlias, she was a lowly dandelion. It was okay to be invisible, as long as she stayed out of their sight. Would he get frustrated with her, because she would not agree with his viewpoint? If he had spoken to as many others as he claimed, he must have gleaned that not all wolves were created as equals...

She let her expressive eyes flutter shut as he hummed a tune, the melody emanating from his mahogany throat. She did not really know any songs, but the music attracted her, in a soothing sort of way. As he let the song fade, he spoke again, making her quickly open her eyes again, taking in her surroundings.
"A... fear? Y-you're afraid of something? I don't believe you," she chirped, ducking her head. She hoped her impudence would not upset him, although he did not seem the fearful type. That was more her specialty.

"W-well," she began, a slight pout forming on her lips as she realized she couldn't outright deny his claim, "I was outside, was I not?" It was perhaps the weakest argument she had mustered up so far, but she didn't want to back down, not to this perfect, confident guy. Her cream-tipped tail swished behind her, betraying her anxiety. She could pretend to be a stronger person! She would just never feel that way on the inside...

[/html]
He knew that his comments were beginning to get under her skin but all it did was bring a soft smile to his lips as he continued on. Banter and jesting walked hand in hand with the male, but as did care and concern. He could see that something horrible had stunted the growth of the beautiful girl, more to her psyche than her physical being, but still, it was a sad case indeed. The ghost of a smile that greeted him made him turn his eyes fully to the young bloom as she brush by his silky words with more thoughtful phrases.

Sankor straightened up as he turned his sparkling golden eyes back to his newly found friend. "Well, I for one care what a flower thinks. If you don't listen to the flowers and pay attention how will you ever know what will make them blossom or make them wilt." He flicked his tail back and forth as he thought, hesitating for a second before replying. "We don't come with an instruction manual that tells us what to do.. we have to learn.. sometimes the hardest way.." He turned to gaze at Colibri for a moment as he gave her a slight smile before slowing his pace to a gentle crawl so that they could gaze upon the beauty about them.

He was silent a moment as he turned his eyes towards a cluster of morning glories that had begun to tightly close back up for the rest of the day as he spoke, "I for one wouldn't mind a few weeds in my garden.. sometimes it's the weeds that are the most beautiful, even if they only shine for a little while each day before shying away from the world." He always had liked morning glories, the soft whites with the dashes of blue, pink or yellow at their hearts. Such delicate blossoms and yet they clung so fierce to the world around them.

His voice that filled the silence was interrupted by her disbelief at his own admittance. He turned those forest flecked orbs towards her as he raised a brow. So she didn't believe him, that was fine enough. "You don't have to believe me, as long as I believe myself." His eyes glittered slightly as he glanced off towards the direction of the human village in their own little world. "I'm afraid of many things actually. The disapproval of my friends and family, not knowing what it's like to try new things.. and never completely finding just who I am in this great field of beautiful flowers." he turned back towards her as he suggested. "I think perhaps I'd like to be a thistle. Beautiful to gaze at when in bloom, but slightly annoying and prickly." He tried not to react to his own words but a slight chuckle blossomed up through his throat as he shook his head, finally just sighing as they continued on.

His ears flicked upright as she finally tried to argue against him on the one subject she could not win, not yet atleast. He tilted his head to the side as he smiled and raised his eyes skyward as he asked back, not arguing outright, instead taking a more indirect approach. "Were you having fun?.." He highly doubted that she was having much fun, she seemed so skittish that when he'd spoken back to her that she would have ran for the hills if it hadn't been so impolite. He made a little promise to himself to try and help the girl break out of his shell. He'd heard the rumors of what had happened to her but he didn't know if he could fully believe a rumor but something had shaken the child to her core and he was going to find out.
[html]

WC: 700+
OoC: Sorry for the wait! Since it's dated back to March 3rd, maybe just a few more posts?

Their mutual pace slowed, and Coli found that she felt more relaxed the slower they went. She could let her mind wander more as the breeze carried scents to her nose, and her erratic heartbeat had a chance to calm itself in between flirtatious comments. "Seems like it's always the hardest way," she agreed glumly. Was there ever an easy way to learn what you wanted, or what someone else needed? They couldn't tell you unless they knew themselves... and Coli certainly had no idea. What purpose could she serve in life, being so introverted and timid? She had wanted to talk with Cercelee, to ask her dear friend what she had been up to during their long separation, but she wanted Cer to approach her, not to make the first move herself. And as such, they were only drifting further apart, like the wispy clouds that fell apart in the windy sky. Coli had never known how to ask for what she needed.

"You have a garden?" she asked suddenly, interested. And then her ears flicked back in a cringing movement, realizing seconds too late that he had been speaking metaphorically. Of course he didn't have a real one, and neither did she, because everything died in the winter. They had to wait for everything to melt before it would be safe to plant anything. Sankor was caring and intuitive enough to care for plants, sure, but it was foolish of her to assume that he did so. Besides, that was such a feminine hobby! She had probably insulted the guy.

Colibri bit her lip, listening to his hesitant words with sympathy echoing in her baby-blue eyes. The fears he admitted to were the same as hers. She had more, irrational and logical, but the deepest ones were the ones that Sankor had just openly owned up to. "S-same here," she murmured weakly, surprised that such a confident wolf had the same worries as someone like her. Did that mean she could act that way convincingly? Or did it mean that no one ever moved past such troubles, regardless of disposition? "I get a lot of disapproval from my family, but... I don't know how to change for them..." Her voice trailed off gloomily. Auntie Mew had been welcoming, but only to a point. Haku had never been warm. Her late mother's pack had rejected her merely for her heritage. It was hard to find comfort in being related to anyone, when they did not offer her any of the advice or support that even a stranger like Sankor could.

"A thistle?" she repeated, his odd words forcing a smile to her face.

"But Sankor, you have to be a sunflower! You're so bright, and, you bring a smile to everyone's faces, and... y-you're tall..." she trailed off again, fearing she might have overstepped a boundary by speaking thusly. Should she have offered her own brand of flower instead? She had no inkling as to what she would be in the world of botany. Except a dandelion, or some other common weed, often trampled underfoot.

He gazed innocently at the sky, feigning naivety but not letting her lame excuse pass him by all the same. Her frown deepened, trying to muster the same false confidence to continue arguing. Was she having fun by herself? No, not really. She was too worried that she would run into a stranger. And she did. And it turned out, he was a nice guy... so everything had worked out all right in the end. Her dainty paws crunched through the snow as she wandered a few more paces, licking her lips nervously before attempting to answer. "I... suppose we traveled further together than I would have alone," she conceded, and it wasn't only physical distance she spoke of. His patience must be boundless, though, to have put up with her indecisive dithering for so long. "That doesn't mean I n-need polishing and care, though. That's just silly." She snorted, arching her tail up in a silent victory wave. She wouldn't waste his time, not when his sunny words and shining optimism could be put to better use on others. She had been shy for too long to fix it now.

[/html]