tell me what the rain knows
[html]

Out of Character

Sorry for taking so long Requiem! Work's been hoarding my time lately! <333 And just so I have my timelines straight, the coyote attack on Cwmfen has happened before this thread correct? It's not backdated so I'm assuming so. ^^

Word Count: 654

In Character

The fresh winter's morning had brought about a rarity in recent weeks. A single black shewolf trapsed across the lands of Dahlia de Mai, the Stormbringer having not been out during the day in quite some time. Most of her bloodline preferred the comforting darkness of the night to the brightness of day, the soft caress of moonlight to the scorching rays of the sun. Of course, a primarily nocturnal nature had its physical advantages as well as simply being the time of day Kol's family was fond of. The majority of Stormbringers bore the solid charcoal coat that she herself possessed, and its silky thickness made hot days ten times as bad as they naturally were. Even those who weren't black in color were still of a darker shade, such as her brother Drey's deep crimson-touched brown. Daylight made the Stormbringers uncomfortable in their own skin more often than not, and so they chose to avoid the lighter hours altogether.

Today was different, however. It was around late morning, the sky overcast and giving the entire atmosphere a grey tinge. It smelled of impending rain, though the ground still remained dry for the time being. Kol was currently headed in the direction of Dahlia's southeastern border, her ultimate destination for the day being the neutral lands between the pack and their longtime enemies, Inferni. It had been revealed at the recent pack gathering that both of Haku's and Firefly's sons had somehow gone missing, and there was no possible way it was an accident or a simple case of them wandering away. They weren't even old enough to wander their own home yet, let alone to be able to make a wrong step and get lost somewhere beyond the packlands. Something was definitely foul about the entire situation, and Kol had a mind to do a little digging.

She'd left the little house she shared with Lexey just before the sun had risen. Her best friend usually rose with that bright light, and Kol didn't want to chance running into her before she left. Alexey would undoubtedly have coerced Kol into revealing where she was going, and made a fuss over how dangerous it might be and be filled with worry the entire time she was gone. This way, she could just assume Kol was out wandering around the neutral lands searching for some beads and trinkets for her next jewelry piece, or visiting the alluring male in the treehouse nearby that constantly invaded Kol's thoughts. Perhaps she'd even stop in Berwick on the way back home and actually pick up a few things for the necklace she was working on, just to avoid telling the Koios femme what she'd really been up to.

Another advantage to daytime travel was that it would put the Stormbringer at Inferni's borders, or close enough anyway, just after sundown. Night was the best time for the girl to go sneaking about, as her dark pelt let her melt into the shadows. Absently, she reminded herself to stop at some point and cover her telltale white chest marking with dark river mud, or better yet some charcoal from some campfire remains if she were lucky enough to find any. That ivory patch on her chest could be as good as a warning beacon if she weren't careful, and arrows would be drawn like moths to a flame if she were careless not to cover it. Before she'd known that Inferni possessed ranged weapons in the forms of bows and arrows, that patch on her chest had mattered little. But now it was simply screaming at an archer as to where the girl's heartbeat resided. She dared not take that foolish chance.

Moisture finally began to fill the sky as Kol continued crossing the packland, the light drizzle falling down her face like tears from her violet eyes as her small paws trotted lightly over the dampening ground.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

That’s okay! And yeah, the coyote thread was about two weeks ago, ^=^ And Cwmfen is in her optime form, ^=^
700+

The morning came gradually with the sun. He grasped the world in his golden rays as he rose to mount the earth. His movements were slow and unhurried, but his light brought a small measure of warmth upon the lands. His soft and gentle touch woke the warrior from her sleep. She awoke slowly, stretching carefully as she did so. But her mind was already alert. She dreamt of crows and ravens the colour of the moon and shadows. They wore their colours like the Raven did, like her father did. And they flew in a flourishing murder, cawing and laughing in their empty way. Even as they flew away, they flew near swallowing her, smothering her with their thick black feathers and unforgiving claws. And all she could do is watch and accept their touch as the sound of her father’s laughter echoed in her ears, echoing even as she woke, but fading as the sun chased the shades of night away once more. The warrior was quite still in her contemplation, but at last she rose slowly, working the stiffness of the cold from her limbs.

She had slept outside of her den near the entrance for the girl Svara now dwelt there healing, but never to heal and regain her sight. The black fae had offered her home to the girl as she healed, knowing that she would wish to be alone. And her den had few visitors and was nestled in the embrace of the tree where one could sleep in the dark earth. The warrior thought she slept there now, but couldn’t be sure. But in any case, the blinded girl was not completely helpless even without her sight whether she knew that or not. It was best to learn this first on her own before the female would interject with the patience of her own martial training. The white orbs looked down at the black mouth of her den before she turned, grasping her Raven Spear and setting out with pied Raven having lifted himself from the branches of the tree. He called quietly to her with his ambiguous voice and she looked up to acknowledge him with equal ambiguity. As time progressed, it seemed that the Raven grew distant from her, and often she questioned whether it was the epitome of her Dream. It was strange to think that he was not, for she had bound him to her by wearing his feather upon her Spear and within her hair, dipped in red for the blood of war. And yet, she could not shake that feeling.

The woad warrior’s progress was slow, at an unhurried amble where it would have been a brusque trot. But her movements were easier and her speed greater than in the days prior. And, having noted her own progress, the woad warrior was content. Her tranquility, however, had never seemed unfazed. Only those that had seen her as the waves of pain had become unbearable saw the cracks in her resolve. Yet now the invisible bruising of her body and the soreness of her overstrained muscles had nearly dissipated. Only the gentle tugging and warning of her scars remained, but their deep cuts would be slower to heal. The woad marked fae had already tried to shift down to lupus form once, and that attempt had only re-opened the wounds. But she would be patient now. And for now, she would be content with her slow progress.

As the warrior traveled near the eastern half of Dahlia’s boarders, she saw another in the distance. The female’s scent was brought to her by the biting breath of dying winter, and she recognized it from the pack meeting. It belonged to a female with a black coat tinted with the sun’s red, and as the warrior neared, she saw and remembered that the other female carried beautiful violet eyes. A light smile graced the warrior’s maw. Though she had not met this violet eyed female, from a distance she had seemed like a strong personality. Perhaps today she would acquaint herself with another packmate. But as she neared, it seemed as if there were some urgency to the traveling female, and she wondered to where the traveling would take her. The warrior paused as she called out, “Where is the wind taking you this day?” and her alto melody rose easily with gold and silver tones upon the soft breeze.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

This is a little short since I'm trying to squeeze it in between customers. <333

Word Count: 346

In Character

Kol's charcoal ears perked suddenly as a voice cut through the rain. Stupidly, she'd been so focused on her goal that she hadn't even noticed anyone else was nearby, and she chided herself for being so foolish. It mattered little that she was still in Dahlian lands. The voice could just as easily have belonged to a trespasser, rather than the blue-marked Adonis that stood nearby. For a moment, Kol pondered simply calling back a greeting and continuing on her way, but she was under no time constraints and had yet to meet the intriguing subleader of the pack. Figuring that this was a wonderful opportunity to do so, the girl turned in the direction of the bipedal female and approached her with friendly ease.

The warrior woman was even more impressive up close, and for a moment Kol's eyes danced along the beautiful tribal markings adorning her raven fur. Smiling ever so softly, the girl dipped her head in a respectful bow as her own alto tone lilted on the air. "Good morning, and congratulations on your promotion Lady Adonis. My name is Kol Stormbringer, and I must say it's a pleasure to meet you officially." On any other day, Kol would likely have been in the same form as the Adonis, but her smaller, quicker lupine form was far better suited for scouting forays in dangerous territory. As a result, the other female towered over her Circee, not that she minded. "As to your question, I'm headed out to do a little...reconnaissance in the neutral territories near Inferni. I'm going to try to dig up any information I can about Conor and Emwe. At this point, anything would help, and the coyotes seem to be stirring up trouble for us again." With a low growl, Kol dipped her muzzle at the Adonis, gesturing at the wounds she'd received from one of the Inferni bastards. Kol was unsure if the incident was common knowledge, but Haku had informed her and it was yet another reason for the scout to do a little information hunting.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

500+

The black she-wolf, her fur tinted red with the sun’s kiss, approached her. And the warrior noted the other’s shown respect and bowed in return, a gesture that seemed more Korean than Caledonian or otherwise. The white orbs were respectfully averted upon the ground as she did so, and her respect for all of Dahlia’s members became apparent now if it had not in times prior. Rising, the white gaze lifted to meet the striking violet of the other. Her gaze was gentle, not the challenging gaze that a warrior could hold, but the shadow of such intensity lingered still. Good morning, the alto melody replied sincerely and literally as her silver tones danced upon the wind. “I am Cwmfen nic Graine,” the black fae introduced herself. “The pleasure is mine,” and she smiled lightly, warmly. “I’m afraid that our meeting had long been overdue, and I apologize for my lacking effort.” It was true indeed what she said, especially now that she had been honored with the rank of Adonis. But they had met now, and that would be enough for the inalterable nature of time.

The female lowered herself to sit upon the earth, holding herself up upon her left hip with her left arm. It was still too early to comfortably rest upon the right half of her body, for it was there that the red-eyed attacker had placed the full brunt of his initial attack. And perhaps from this position, Kol would be able to more comfortably converse for however long the meeting would last. Within the heavens, the one-eyed Raven wheeled about in lazy circles before descending upon invisible spiral stairs. The ruffle of feathers was clearly audible in the silence following the violet eyed female as he placed himself near the reclined warrior. The pied bird’s head was tilted to the side, an act of compensation for his lacking eye. The Raven’s one black eye turned to find the one with whom the Adonis conversed and was silent as if listening. The white orbs regarded him as her right hand automatically rose to stroke his dual coloured plumage, and one could not deny that there was some warmth in that gesture.

“I cannot understand this matter,” the warrior’s alto song murmured quietly. “I do not understand what would cause those Inferni creatures to take Dahlia’s first born young.” The white orbs lifted to find the other’s gaze, but she knew that this must be the question echoing within the other female’s mind, moving her to search those lands near the perpetrating clan’s boarder. “They are unwise to trouble us once more,” the warrior said at length, and there was a clear threat held upon her voice. “I think that I will need to speak with someone at their boarders, but perhaps that will wait for a few weeks. Be discrete, and I suggest that you do not deliberately cause trouble.” The warrior did not think that she would, but it was always safe to have the warning out in the open. “What do you hope to find there?”

[/html]