An interesting detachment
[html]
ooc: Backdated a day?

It seemed like mother nature couldn't decide what she was going to throw at the wolves this day. It had started out with a light snow in the early morning, changing to rain and now sleet. The Commander felt sure that the ground between here and the mansion would be icy, and was hesitant to leave it at first. She had been watching the sky for a time now, her chin resting on the upward slope that led up out of her den.

Naniko rose and stretched after a few minutes of deliberation, shaking her bright pelt free of the debris that had gathered in it during her nighttime slumber. She put one paw out, then another, then another. The ground wasn't as bad as she'd expected, but the icy rain felt cold on her back. She was on four legs today, going for the idea that she would be able to balance better on four legs than she would on two, so the fur on her body was a lot thicker and warmer.

By the time she got to the front porch of the mansion she was thouroughly soaked nonetheless, and she shook her fur out before she entered the parlor. It was much warmer in here. The fire was almost out though and she took a moment to rekindle it, gripping the poker in her teeth and shoving it sideways into the embers.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/02.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
The 15th might work better, if that's ok with you? And I'm sorry it took so long to reply. D: 300+

Ehno had hardly given himself a break within the last month. The little wood-working tasks he had picked up as just a hobby had somehow managed to become a sort of full-time job for the Italian boy. A lot of his time had gotten sucked into finding tools and materials, and practicing his skills. And then Savina came to him with news that she would soon be a mother, and before he knew it, he had busied himself with preparing for the little ones’ arrival. What was left of his time was split between his routine border patrols and small hunts. All in all, it left him satisfyingly busy, albeit rather tired. So the Marino boy decided that he would take a break today and stick around the mansion to relax.

He had slept in later than usual this morning, content to curl up in his bed with the overcast sky muting the morning light that usually poured in through his window. He was tempted to continue to rest there in his room on the second floor, but as the snow shifted into a thicker sleet and tapped on his window, he interpreted it as a little wake up call. Ehno had then hopped out of bed and meandered around the hallways for a bit before finding himself in the library. He spent the rest of his morning there, perusing the shelves for interesting looking tomes. Eventually he decided that he would return later in the evening when he would shift to his optime form and pick out a few to read.

For now, he thought he would do a little exploring downstairs. As he approached the main living area, he heard the familiar crackle of the fireplace and he soon saw the faint orangey light flickering idly across the room. But another sound then disturbed the faint crackle, and for a moment the flickering light was disturbed as the burning logs were pushed around. Ehno directed his course toward the fireplace, stepping around the furniture to take a look. He was greeted by the sight of a rather soaked-looking Naniko stoking the dying fire. “Hello Naniko.” He stopped a few paces away, a smile on his maw to match his greeting. “Having some fun out in the rain, were you?” he joked.
[/html]
[html]
ooc: Sure thing :] Ehno is cool with his woodworking Big Grin

She saw members of the pack often enough, but there were a few that she didn't see as much as the others. That wasn't their fault, of course--Naniko was a very busy wolf, and didn't leave herself enough social time some days. She and Anu had broken up, and were no longer mates, and she'd found that if she kept her mind busy it was easier to go from day to day. She did miss Anu, whether she wanted to admit it or not, but didn't talk about it much to anyone. The one person that she probably would have told was Savina, but she didn't want to bother the dark mother with her problems. She knew that the other had problems of her own.

It hurt her teeth to grip the metal of the poker too hard, and she tried to hurry as she poked at the logs. They were heavy! The unshifted wolf jumped when Ehno spoke behind her, the poker falling out of her mouth and to the ground with a clatter. "Oh!" She said, turning around and shaking her head a little. Her teeth were aching a little, and she ran her tongue over them a few times. "I didn't hear you coming. And the rain--no, not so much."

A grin replaced the surprised look. Her coat, despite the shaking, was still dripping a little bit. "I would say that I'm ruining the carpet, getting it all wet, but it looks like it's already ruined." There were stains and burned parts all over the carpet of the mansion. The only places where the carpet looked alright was beneath furniture, where no one had touched it for a while. "It's not too good outside today. You been out yet?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/02.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Thankies. He's such a bamf. ;D 300+

Ehno had hardly seen the snowy lady around lately, but that wasn't surprising considering the tasks each of them occupied their time with. While Ehno divided most of his time between carpentry projects and trips to Halifax, Naniko was out and about running the pack. There was also her duty as a prominent healer in the area taking quite a bit of her time. The Italian boy was happy to spend time with her when their paths crossed, as she was always pleasant company.

He hadn't expected to startle her with his greeting, wincing slightly as the poker fell noisily to the ground. He pulled his ears back a bit, smiling apologetically. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." But his apologetic smile soon shifted into a grin to match hers. He glanced at the carpet as she mentioned it, laughing a little. "I wouldn't worry too much about that old carpet. Looks like it's been through worse. " Ehno then reached down to grab the metal poker in his own teeth, wanting to help her stoke the fire a bit more after accidentally startling her. It certainly was rather difficult and uncomfortable to do it in his unshifted form. But after a moment of poking around at the surprisingly heavy logs, he had managed to make the fire a little livelier. He carefully put the poker down, trying to ignore the dull ache in his teeth from handling the metal tool in such a way. "There we go."

He cast a glance toward the doorway, amber gaze studying the pouring rain as Naniko mentioned the weather. The male returned his attention to the Crimson Dreams leader shortly after, examining her still-wet coat. "It definitely looks bad out there. I've been inside all day, though. Good thing, too." He was fine with some rain every once in a while, but mixing that with cold temperatures made it much less tolerable.
[/html]
[html]
ooc: x3 haha.

It had been a while since she'd had a really good day but today hadn't been too bad, considering. She'd seen a few of the pups, had gotten some things done, and had returned to the mansion for the duration of the rainshower. She'd be dry and content in an hour or so, and then she could take a rest or work on something inside. If she didn't have something to do with her hands, then she usually got bored. She hated being bored. Even organizing or cleaning was better than having nothing to do at all.

Naniko had been working on her Itallian, trying to speak it better, but she hadn't tried actually conversing with someone in it for a while. Itallian had been something that she had studied even before Savina's arrival, and it had come in handy when she had very first met the dark lady. If she hadn't studied it back then, alongside French, then she wouldn't have been able to communicate with the now sub-leader at all. She wanted to keep it fresh in her mind, and practice speaking it more...but she wasn't sure what Ehno would make of it. It didn't sound nearly as nice as his and Savina's did when they spoke it, and she often paused in places to think about the appropriate word. It would probably be more of a chore to talk to her than anything else.

It had been a while since the Commander'd had a conversation with someone other than Savina, Anu, or one of the pups, but it wasn't as awkward as she had thought it might be. Ehno was easy to talk to, with his friendly, open personality. He didn't make her feel silly for anything that she said, and was even helping her to get the fire going a little more. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to try and practice her Itallian on him, even if it wasn't so good. "La mia tana è sensi a partire da qui… ma I' m. che pensa a….muovendosi nuovamente dentro il palazzo… la maggior parte delle mie cose sono qui, in ogni modo e there' s niente mantenerlo là" She tried.

The logs looked to be doing much better, the small fire growing and warming her. It was a nice feeling. "Soggiorno del I'll dentro per un istante....Ringraziamenti per l'aiuto con il fuoco. Se you' re occupato, volete aiutarli a selezionare una stanza? Stavo pensando circa someplace di sotto, nello scantinato"

[/html]
[html]
Yay the semester's over and I can write again! Sorry for my slowness in this thread!! T_T You want maybe quick replies, since its getting a bit outdated?

Ehno was surprised when he heard the Commander speak his native language. His amber eyes widened a bit, a smile gracing his lips while he listened closely to Naniko’s words. He wondered how long she had been learning the language. Had Savina been teaching her all this time? Regardless, he was happy to discover that she did know some of the Italian language. "Lei parla l'italiano? Non ho avuto idea." His smile widened. "Lei lo parla piuttosto bene," he commented. Despite her pauses, she seemed to have a good grasp of the vocabulary and structure.

"Nessuno problema," he said, nodding at her thanks. He thought for a moment about her suggestion, his mind turning it into some sort of adventure. But it really was an adventure in a way; walking around the manor always led to some sort of interesting discovery. "Sarei felice di aiutarla sceglie una stanza, Naniko." He kept the pace of the words slower than he would usually speak in Italian, thinking it may help the white-furred lady understand them a little better. Ehno knew what it was like to try to understand foreign words while still learning the language; he had plenty of experience with that when he was still trying to get more practice with English.
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table4.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sure! I actually just got back to posting myself--I've been in the same boat with finals and such :] <33 and maybe we can have another one? I would really like one Big Grin

They had a really good life in Crimson Dreams. Naniko was really glad that Savina had been willing to join her and help her lead the pack, and that Anu was going to be stepping up into leadership to help both of them out. There were often pups being born in packs, and so far both of the two main leaders had given birth or were going to give birth. That meant that a third leader would be really welcome, to help pick up some of the slack.

She felt very encouraged, and continued to speak in Itallian when he answered her. "Sto imparandolo da quando ero giovane. Francese...pure. Era qualcosa fare mentre ho guardato sopra il mio fratello selvaggio Davinci" She cocked her ears forward to take in the words, translating them into English in her head and then translating her own words back to Itallian. "Grande! Ho pulito lo scantinato alcuni giorni fa, in modo da sarebbe più livable… io ha posato una grande coperta e una base, anche. Devo abbassarlo appena in una delle stanze là"

[/html]
[html]
:] Yay! 300+

So it appeared that Naniko knew more than just Italian. French was one of a number of languages that the adventurous boy had stumbled across during his journey through Europe, though he couldn’t speak a lick of it. The Marino got by just fine with only Italian and English. Ehno had attempted at first to try to learn a few of the languages native to that area while he journeyed, but he never stayed in one place long enough for it to be particularly useful, and eventually the extra vocabulary faded from his memory. He would always be thankful to the old Lorenzo for teaching him English. Who knows how he would have fared on his journey without it. Though, now that he was staying in one place and had extra time on his hands, Ehno could take the time to study up on another language, such as French. He would definitely keep that in mind. "Non ho avuto idea che lei era tale padrone di lingua," he said light-heartedly, a silly smile on his lips.

The Italian boy’s thoughts briefly fluttered to Naniko’s mentioned brother. The name was vaguely familiar, though he couldn’t recall anything past the name. He had heard it a few times, but had never met the man nor heard anything in particular about him. It was no matter though; the thought passed as soon as Naniko brought up how prepared she was for her move into the manor. "Ah, già tutto preparato, lei non è?" Not that Ehno minded, of course. With the furniture almost in place, it left more time for the two of them to do a little more exploration. "Dirigeremo giù lì ora?" he asked, looking her over briefly. There was no rush; if the Commander wanted to sit by the fire for a bit longer to dry off, it was no problem.
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table4.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Would you mind if we just oocly say that they are speaking Itallian so that we don't have to go find the translation thingies? XD And who should find the passageway? ^_^it should be in Naniko's bedroom! up to the other side of the mansion! Like a small underground stair-passage thing

"Not a master yet. I speak one well and two poorly" She laughed. She motioned for him to follow her downstairs, beginning to walk through the rooms until she reached the kitchen. This was one of the ways that led down to the basement, where she wanted to be staying. Naniko didn't mind spiders and other bugs...she'd lived outside in a den when she had been younger, and they had often gotten inside.

She leaned against the wall when she reached the main room of the basement. Wolves hardly ever came down here, but she wanted one of the rooms more off to the side just in case one of them did. "Maybe this one over here?" She pointed to one of the open doors.
[/html]
[html]
Sure, no prob! :] And maybe Naniko can find it? Secret passages ftw! XD

“I wouldn’t call your Italian skills poor,” he commented as he followed the Commander out into the kitchen. “And that’s still one more language than I can manage.” He laughed, a mirror of her own one from moments ago. He was still quite surprised to find that Naniko had some understanding of his native language this whole time and that he was only now finding out about it. There was always something new to learn about others, it seemed.

Naniko quickly led them down the stairs and into the basement. He let his eyes adjust to the darker room for a moment before glancing around curiously. Ehno had only ventured down here a few times before, but each trip he made seemed to reveal more and more secrets. Already it seemed like there were more rooms to explore than he remembered. He walked over to the room Naniko pointed out, peering through the doorway for a moment before entering. The room was a decent size, though very dusty from years of neglect. For the most part the room was empty, with the exception of some old trinkets, a few half-open boxes, and an old bookshelf that had fallen on its side in the opposite corner of the room.
[/html]