twist and shout, checkers and sunrises
[html]
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... -mamba.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: Shall we close it soon? Maybe after a few rounds?

Catherine kept the warm smile as he seemed to choose what to do and make the next move. Well, she knew how to trap that piece so he had no way to move it, except with a move that would allow her to take it. No, she wouldn't. A little voice poked her that the male might get a bit nervous with that. No, that would suck if she was in his shoes. Insted she moved another piece. Saw hissed at her, but this time enraged that it was her that made the bad move. Okay, he was starting to get annoying.

"Saw..." She said, a scowl in her face and disapproval in her eyes, warning the snake that, sometimes, it was better to hold his feelings and oppinions to himself. The woman did that things herself sometimes, but she knew it was the right thing, either to don't hurt others' feelings or to avoid something bad, or anything else.

Then, she turned back to Dawali, the smile coming back, asking for his next move.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait

The female moved her piece, and Dawali's yellow eyes observed the spirit at her side as it hissed at her now. Disdain again? Perhaps - he wouldn't know. Most spirit guides spoke the language of the wolves, although they were individuals just as Catherine and himself, and if Saw preferred to talk in his form's language he could. It was strange, though, seeing as the guides merely took animal forms to fit in - their true forms had never been revealed to Dawali's kind. It was a mystery much greater than the one he faced right there and then, but he was more focused on the one at hand than the one which he knew would never be solved. The male's dark eyebrows furrowed in thought, his gaze shifting from the board, to Catherine, to the board again. Honestly he still wasn't sure what he was doing, and his hand absently reached for his head and found something to scratch among all his braids and feathers. Hesitating, he simply moved another of his head pieces one square forward, testing it out. You could say he was dumb, but all in all he was intimidated by Catherine's skill in the game, and Saw's hissing didn't make him feel any more comfortable. He just wanted to lose and get it over with.

As the hand moved back to rest in his lap after moving the piece, Dawali looked up to meet the gaze of his co-player, smiling uncertainly.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin
[/html]
[html]
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... -mamba.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: --

Catherine kept her smile, even though the amber eyes of the sub-leader were somewhere else. Another galaxy, perhaps? Maybe just wondering what would be his next move? Or just having an absent-minded moment? She gave up of her theories, deciding it wasn't her problem to mind what was up into the red wolf's head.

She waited patiently, not helping but to notice his short hesitation. A sting of suspicion of what would be the source of his hesitation bothered her. It wasn't just her that the black mamba was annoying, after all. She gave the reptile a disbelief glance, as if asking for some privacy. Thanks God, the snake understood, slithering to the other side of the cave and coiling into a tight circle, faking to sleep. The woman fought against a smile and returned to the board, where he had already made his move.

She cupped one hand in her chin, thinking, and quickly made her move. His move hadn't been that bad, althoughb it looked so random... 'Interesting', she thought. Or Dawali was very lucky, or he was starting to understand the game.

The sudden silent was growing heavy around her, pressing her. It was so weird... "It's so silent..." She comented, trying to break it. Probably she would just keep saying stupid things, as that silence was killing her.

[/html]
[html]

We are finishing this, yes? Smile And sorry for the long wait, I've been having a little trouble with this thread :/

The silence was quite heavy, true, but for Dawali it was perhaps to be preferred. If the femme should ask him about the game he would likely not know what to say, because he didn't even know what he was doing! Thus, silence was better than conversation. It was strange how he always managed to get himself into these situations with females - never with another male. Then again if there was something he didn't know, he could easily admit that to another male. It was just all these.. females! He didn't know what to do with them, and AniWaya had its share. It felt as if every time he was called to the border, the newcomer was a girl or woman. It made him uncomfortable, and he realized just how much he actually missed Leland. He'd been a more solid and calming presence for the red wolf male.

Catherine spoke, and Dawali snapped out of his thoughts, looking at her now, from having studied the board absently. Uh, yes, he said, embarrassed immediately. A blush rose to his cheeks, but invisibly. He was blessed with red fur which saved him time after time. I'm sorry, it's just.. Glancing at the board again, before looking up at her, he swallowed once before giving in to the truth. I just don't understand this game at all. His shoulders shrugged, and his face had an apologetic mask. Great, now he felt like a fool. Ah, he just wanted to get out of here before he humiliated himself further. It was painful, almost.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: Aye^^ And that's okay^^

Catherine was surprised with his answers to her little comment. She wasn't expecting him to say such things, after all. She was stunned for a moment, seeing he spoke the truth, pain for saying so glittering in his eyes.

She didn't feel like laughing at all, as it wasn't funny. For a moment, she thought. If he didn't understand, why didn't he say so before? He had probably been struggling all that time, and she didn't even noticed. How silly of her. She felt stupid, perhaps more than himself.

What to do now, to don't hurt his feeling further more? She gave him a warm, tender smile, and then looked at the board. "You could have told me sooner... I could have helped you... After all, what are the things you less understand?" She asked him, trying to confort him.
If it wasn't the right reaction, she'd try her best at noticing, and try to make up for that.

[/html]
[html]

Post again if you want, if not I'll archive it in a few days Smile

The male sighed, looking to the board and back at Catherine, as if that in itself was an answer to her question. What more could he say? He was embarrassed at his own lack of understanding, did he really have to explain it further? This encounter was just getting worse and worse, and he started to feel even a little bit annoyed After all he was male, and you could only poke a male's pride so much until he would react to it. He knew that Catherine didn't mean anything negative with her questions, but they did nothing to help his mood right now. Standing up, them male bluntly threw out an sentence or two with an apologetic face. His arms were held in a way that should mean that he was sorry. I'm sorry, Catherine. I.. It's all of it. I'm just going to go now if that's ok. Leaving the den his walk was calm, but his mind could not wait until he was out of there. Oh, the embarrassment, the shame in his behavior! It was one thing to not understand, but to act like this.. as if some scared teenager. It would take days to patch up his wounded self-esteem.

[/html]