whiskey in the jar
[html]
OOC: Uh oh...*noms on!*

Drey was absolutely furious. He'd come by the house that Kol and Lexey shared to see if he could help at all in the search for Conor, and instead he was met with the broken and healing form of his sister in her bedroom. He was angry at Kol for rushing into a fight the way she had, and furthermore he was angry at Lexey for being that far beyond Dahlian borders without asking him to go along. In the weeks since the male had decided to stay in the packlands the two girls shared, nearly everytime Lexey had wanted to get out of the territory she'd asked the male to go with her. And this, this, was precisely why he preferred it that way. Kol was a better fighter than Alexey, and she was nearly killed because of the lack of sense she had in wandering around by herself. If it had been the Koios girl that had been attacked by herself, Alexey would probably be dead.

As if the sheer senselessness of the two women hadn't been enough to rile his anger, there was an unfamiliar male scent permeating the air of his sister's room. It was fresh and strong; the owner of said odor had probably been in the room the night prior. Infuriatingly, Kol kept her mouth shut when her brother threw an inquisition at her, and he'd wound up throwing one of her empty glass vases at the wall in disgust. His younger sister knew every little button she could push on her brother, and it enraged him to no end.

Too angry to continue any sort of civil conversation with his healing sister, Drey had stormed out of her room, breaking the handle of her door in his careless rampage as he'd slammed it shut. His attention was now focused on the other woman who mattered to him, and the very poignant fact that she still hadn't come back to the house after slipping away from Kol's anger the night before. Kol had assured him that the honey-eyed female wasn't nearly as hurt as she was (probably because Lexey had had more brains than Kol had on the night of the incident) but it wasn't enough for Drey. Unfortunately, he didn't know the packlands well enough yet to know where the girl's favorite spots would be, so he was stuck with waiting around for her or wandering aimlessly in circles trying to find her. His fists clenched and unclenched tightly, as did his jaw, as he paced back and forth on the wide porch of the pair's house, bristling silently as he waited for some sign of Alexey's return.
[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i42.tinypic.com/wbfo29.png); width: 450px; height: 431px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #000 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; top:75px; right:90px; width: 213px; height: 315px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

300+

When Alexey wasn’t off trying to find the last missing up, she was often seen around little Emwe. She found it difficult to trust Firefly now, especially since the pack leaders had judged it necessary to strip her from her council rank and throw her down the hierarchy pyramid; all the way down to Solum. The former Acer had fallen from grace, and although Lexey hadn’t told anyone how she felt about it as of yet; it was saddening to watch Firefly drown in a sea of deceitfulness. The Caregiver would’ve done anything for DaVinci’s sister before this whole ordeal. But now, everything was different. She could’ve understood the reasoning behind Firefly’s actions, if only her good intentions hadn’t been overshadowed by sheer selfishness.

Thoughts of Kol kept bouncing back into the back of her mind. It was hard for the Koios girl to stay away from her roommate, especially in times like these. But it was also wise to let her cool off. Lexey hadn’t come back home that night, hoping that her best friend’s anger would dissipate faster if she stayed away from the cottage house a little longer. She’d also been smart enough to avoid her hot-headed brother for the time being, fully aware that he’d reprimand her the same way his sister had already done, if not more.

Despite her initial intention to stay away from the Stormbringer siblings, exhaustion and worry eventually led her back to them. Alexey wasn’t surprised to find the emerald-eyed male pacing back and forth on the porch. And from the looks of it, trying to avoid the impending storm was pointless. “Drey,” she murmured, climbing up the wooden steps in order to join him on the porch. A cautious distance was purposely kept between them. Now didn’t seem like the right time to get any closer.

[/html]
[html]
Movement caught his attention from the corner of his eye, and the Stormbringer male stopped his pacing in its tracks. Taking a breath, he tried to reign in the worst edges of his temper as he turned to face the woman, his muscles still tense in both anger and concern. The barest hint of relief flicked in his bright green eyes as he took a moment to look her over. Apart from a few minor scratches and probably no fewer hidden bruises and sore spots, Lexey did indeed look to be in one piece. His breath released in an exasperated sigh, and though his anger still boiled beneath the surface of his skin, his eyes and face took on a much gentler feel than even he had expected.

"Lexey..." Her name took him off the porch and in front of her, his hands reaching out to grasp her shoulders. His grip on her was firm but not rough, caused more by his uncomfortable bout of concern than anything else. "Are you alright? Did anything happen? Why the hell did you go off alone?! I would've thought what happened to Kol would have knocked some sense into you! Why didn't you come get me?!" The male was indescribably relieved that the Koios woman was unhurt for the most part, but he couldn't hold back the anger that coated his words. It was the only way he knew how to express the sickening worry and fear he'd been feeling all morning.
[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i42.tinypic.com/wbfo29.png); width: 450px; height: 431px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #000 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; top:75px; right:90px; width: 213px; height: 315px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

Keeping a reasonable distance between the two of them had been her initial intention, but Drey had other plans. Before she even had a chance to react, his hands were on shoulders. Alexey stifled a gasp, a little taken aback by his reaction. She tried to keep a straight face, but her body betrayed her fake confidence; beige-colored ears were pinned back against her head, a blatant display of submission. Trying to validate her point of view was pointless. The Stormbringer siblings were alike in many ways; both strived to protect their friends and family. She understood this, hence why she kept her mouth shut.

His questions and accusations went through one ear and out the other. It was all a blur. Alexey tried to focus on what the male was saying, but the only thing on her mind was the warmth of his hands on her shoulders. It was a little silly, how she simply allowed him to reprimand her this way. She’d heard it all from Kol before; his lecture was like déjà vu. “Are you done?” she questioned, cutting his last sentence short. There was no sign of animosity in her voice. Her goal was to make him realize how absurd his reasoning was. Her life did not revolve around his wishes. “I’m not a child, Drey,” she explained with a sigh, purposely avoiding his emerald gaze.

[/html]
[html]
He blinked in unmasked surprise as the woman's words cut off his own. For a moment, all he could do was stare at her, finally straightening himself as her words sank in. His green eyes diverted as he pulled away from her, knowing all too well that though his reasons and worry were valid, Alexey was also right. She wasn't a kid, and the woman's strong will and determination were a few of the things that drew him to her like no other. Now that he'd physically felt with his own two hands that she was alright, he walked a short distance away, heading up to the porch and feigning interest in replacing a decoration that had fallen from the wall of the house. "You're right, you're not. But you're also not someone who can fight her way out of a bad situation." The decoration fixed, he turned back to face the woman who caused so many conflicting emotions in him. "Hell, Kol can get herself out of nearly any scrape that she gets herself into, and she damn near got killed! The only thing that saved her was you!" Emerald eyes took to burning anew as he spoke of his sister. It'd be a long while before he forgave her for the stupidity she had shown in this situation.

Taking a deep breath, he forcibly pushed his temper back down, knowing that it had a tendency to alarm those who didn't know him well enough. The last thing he wanted to do was to push Alexey away. "I'm not saying you're helpless Alexey, but it's a simple matter of logic. You're not exactly big, you're still getting used to being a shifter, and there are plenty of individuals out there who are more than willing to take advantage of that. Hell, my own grandfather probably has several offspring out there from doing just that in his darker years. Do you have any idea how badly it would crush Kol if something happened to you?" And me he thought, though he managed to leave those words out, still refusing to openly admit it. "It would kill her. I know my sister better than anyone, and she's never, ever treasured anyone as much as she does you. You're like the sister our own sisters should have been, but just never were. She'd never forgive herself if you got hurt, which is why she's so angry right now to begin with. She's not mad at you, she's pissed at herself for endangering you." He sighed heavily as he felt his anger begin to ebb a bit.

"Look...I just want you to use your head more than she does. I know I haven't been here long, but these lands are no different than any other. They're not a happy-go-lucky fairy-tale kingdom where bears are cute and cuddley and dragons breathe rainbows. I just need to know you'll be smart when wandering around the unclaimed lands, that's all. Don't hesitate to take someone with you, like me." He had surprised even himself with his ability to control his temper around her. Anyone else would have been called every name under the sun, losing a few of their more fragile possessions in the process. His own sister wasn't spared that kind of outburst, but then again, she only fueled his anger even more when he'd tried to talk sense into her.
[/html]
[html]

Dreyrugr had a point. She wasn’t a fighter, which made her the ideal target for predators. She knew that. However, hearing the bitter truth coming out of his mouth was rather unpleasant. It made her feel weak. Alexey couldn’t help but look away, clenching both of her hands into fists. She didn’t want him to see the frustration in her eyes. The Koios girl loved both Stormbringer siblings, but they were nearly impossible to deal with at times. When he mentioned how she had been the one to save Kol from a certain death, Lexey promptly countered with an argument of her own. “You should thank me,” she muttered, not quite understanding why he was ripping into her when he should’ve been happy. Kol was alive and well, that’s what really mattered.

Then his voice changed. It grew softer as he explained how dangerous some people were. Alexey bit her lip and remained quiet, holding back a few choice words. Had it been anyone else, she would’ve already walked away. But it had to be him. Tears of frustration were gathering beneath her eyelids, although she refused to acknowledge them. She didn’t want him to think she was a cry baby on top of everything else. Her gaze remained focused on the floor as he rambled on and on about how foolish she’d been. She understood his reasoning, but refused to admit it. “Why do you care so much?”

[/html]