The Road and the Damned
[html]

i gotta be my own boss no matter what the cost

Mati couldn't help but wonder what it was like, her thoughts drifted off to a place where she waited for the very moment that Haven had shared with Siobhan. There was excitement and anticipation mixed with fear. Why was he the one that got to experience so much first? It wasn't enough just knowing that she wasn't far behind, she wanted all of it and wanted it now. Her eagerness was only temporary, bound to be lost the once the moment began.

His words brought her back, and she noticed they still stood among the gravestones and the resting souls. Purple eyes looked to his face, still finding the same deep concern, confusion and sorrow. Mati frowned herself, and took a step closer towards him, wanting to embrace her brother. It seemed like their friend had been the victim of a battered childhood, a thing Mati would never understand. Just as Haven, she had always been loved and the thought of a pup being neglected was absurd.

You should talk to her about it, it seems like it was all a misunderstanding. The brown hued girl knew that if Haven spoke to her about it that it would work out. She was certain that the white coyote liked him, having been so curious and interested in discussing him. Mati looked to him with a comforting gaze, Haven you are always a perfect gentleman. She spoke with confidence with a returning smile, if anyone knew her brother she did.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He had never gone out with the intention of doing things before his siblings. Brooklyn was the one with the competitive streak, not him. He just went out to do what he wanted, never with the intention of excluding anyone or making them feel left behind. Maybe he had though, even if it was unintentional. He had just always thought that Mati was more comfortable at home. After all, he never wanted to put her in a situation that she was uncomfortable in. He had thought that roaming around like that would have made her uncomfortable. So he had just gone out and done his own thing when he left home. Perhaps now that they were older he should include her more.

For once it was Mati reassuring him, and he didn't mind the switch. Haven always wanted to be her protector, but that didn't mean that she couldn't be there for him as well. His head nodded at her response, taking in the words. She was probably right. If she was still interested in asking people about him than she at least didn't hate him. Maybe it all had been a misunderstanding after all. Maybe she had just been nervous and surprised as his sister said. "Yeah, you're probably right. I've just been beating myself up over it."

The boy looked up at his sister and gave her a warm smile. "Thanks Mati. I try to be at least." A perfect gentleman might have asked permission before kissing a girl for the first time, but he'd try to be a little easier on himself now. He gave his larger sister and lick on the cheek. All of the D'Angelo siblings were different, but he knew Mati was the one he could always turn to.

[/html]
[html]

i gotta be my own boss no matter what the cost

Maybe it was because she was a girl that Mati understood what his crush was feeling. Maybe it was her inexperience that allowed her to slip into Siobhan's paws, she wasn't sure if she would react that same way when she was kissed. If ever. The brown shewolf was sure, positive that the white coyote didn't hate him, and even began to consider seeking her out to discuss it with her. It would be awkward, but Mati could over look that for her brother's sake.

Her warm smile remained and she watched him grow my relaxed with the idea and with her compliment. It was easy to say, feeling it's truth. He was proper and caring so she saw no flaw in his actions. His appreciative lick gave her the sudden need for home. Come on. I've had enough of the city. Walk home with me? Her asked sweetly of her brother. She was growing comfortable with the area and she felt no need to end their time together, but she had also wanted to feel the comfort of their pack boarders. For some reason she also thought he hadn't been home for a few days, their mothers would also appreciate his return.

[/html]