find the bottle is empty
Dalhousie University.[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/08.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Since her little adventure that had led her to discover those beautiful bottles (and later caused her to stumble across Haven and DaVinci) Ryan had found herself desiring to go back to Halifax. Valkyrie, of course, protested to being left in Inferni, but she just was not going to take the girl along. At least, not when her objective was to receive the sweet red wine. And today, that objective had been complete. She had trouble getting the bottle open, but had been successful when she knocked the top against a concrete curb. She had to be careful when drinking, never actually touching the glass to her muzzle. The shiny edges, she knew, were far too capable of the worst.

She had been wandering for a good part of the day now, barely noticing as the sun began to sink lower and lower in the sky. She had wandered throughout Halifax, ending up on the old university campus. Settling on a rusty bench outside of an old dormitory, Ryan title the bottle once more into the sky. With half already drained, the woman’s mind was buzzing like an insect. But not to worry - she had another once this one wound up empty.

[/html]
The heat had been taken off the woman for the moment, her second child had been found and the pack seemed to be celebrating their collection of puppies they'd acquired. She really didn't want to deal with the pack since the two puppies had been left in the care of their father and Alexey. It really didn't matter to the coppery hued woman, they boys found their way to her when they wanted and as long as she wasn't about to be knocked on her ass anytime soon she would deal with it. Her rank may have been stripped from her but she still had her pride.

She'd taken to the city this day to wander the streets and lose herself for once. It had been forever and a day since she'd actually found happiness of any sorts. Haku had made sure to steal that emotion away by introducing his collection of children and sluts into the pack. She tried to ignore it all now, it didn't matter, she wasn't his and he wasn't hers. The male was free to do as he wished and she wasn't about to even try and stop him, though she did wonder what he thought of the fact that she could do what she wanted with whoever she wanted now. She smirked at the idea and turned down towards the old college the city harbored, wondering what she might find in this wing of the silent world of the human realm.

A flash of color caught her attention as she'd moved into the college blocks proper. It appeared that she wasn't alone this day, not that she cared as long as it wasn't someone from her pack following her to make her life hell. The scent of the other cleared that up as she realized that it was a member from Inferni. She grinned to herself as she turned towards the stranger, the thought in her head to make this day a little more interesting with company. "Hey you.." she called, not caring what the other wanted. She had company now.
Y halo thar![html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/08.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

With the back of her hand, Ryan wiped at her muzzle. The fur there had become slightly tinged with a bit of red, and even a patch along her chest was darker than usual. But no bother, she let the liquid fill her throat once more, grinning as the sweet burn trailed down her core. The only thing that she wanted to do now was to keep this feeling going. And for the moment, she had the means to do just that.

Her head turned, catching the woman who most likely was the owner of the voice that had just spoken.
"Whaat?" Ryan asked, rotating the bottle in her hand so that the wine began to swirl in a miniature cyclone. She hadn’t seen this person before, had she? She squinted, trying to make out the details to the figure. Who knew. She took another drink and waited for the woman to draw nearer.

[/html]
Firefly wasn't exactly sure but she had a feeling that the woman before her was the one that DaVinci had spouted off about the last time she'd been to Phoenix Valley to see him. He had almost made her want to throw up that day the way he talked of love and romance and happy endings. She wondered to herself just how happy their fairytale life had to be if the lady of his dreams was drinking in the city with no man about her. She'd never believed in fairytales so she'd never really had dreams to get crushed in the first place, but the woman sure looked like she was attempting to drown something.

The golden bronze woman stopped sort of where the hybrid lady was as she just shrugged at the word she was tossed back. She didn't have any real reason why she'd called out but she was interested now that she thought she knew just who the creature was. "Nothing.. I can't just call out to some strange soul I see on the streets?" she asked with a Cheshire cats grin. She really hoped the lady was good and sloshed. She'd really like to screw with her prey this time.
[html]

She turned the bottle too hard and the cyclone broke off course and sloshed onto Ryan’s hand. Her crimson gaze narrowed, accompanied by a frown, as she raised her hand and licked at the damp fur. Mmm, delicious. She turned to look at the strange figure again, still unsure of who she was. She was speaking though, so Ryan paused to hear what it was she was saying. "Welll, I guess.. you can. If you want." She studied the woman’s firey locks and for a moment, the Inferni woman was jealous of her.

"Do I know you? Who’re you? I’m Ryan, but I don’t think I know who you are." She lifted the bottle into the air. "Do you want some? You hafta be careful of the edges, cause its sharp." If only her thoughts would carry her to what had happened the last time she had drank this much. Maybe then she would put the bottle down and wander away to Inferni’s borders.

[/html]
Firefly watched as the Inferni woman produced a twister within the bottle, her eyes raised at the actions of the stranger, but even more as she suddenly loses control over the tornado in a bottle. She watched the woman as she was being watched in return, a simple smile on her lips as Ryan agreed that her reasons for calling out to the hybrid was enough for her. She could tell that the other woman had been cradling the liquor for a while, it was just now beginning to show around the edges.

Firefly chuckled softly as the questions finally began to form. "No, I don't believe you know me.." She plucked at the dry dead leaves of a small bush as she went on. "Perhaps you know.. of me." She smiled up at the woman, flashing her pearly white fangs. "Firefly." she said, taking the bottle that was offered to her and taking her turn at wetting her palette. She wasn't for certain what it was that her brother saw in this lady but perhaps she'd stick around to find out.
[html]

Firefly. Did she know that name? Maybe, but she couldn’t really recall at the moment. Not that it really mattered anyhow. The woman was here in front of her, so she would be able to get to know her for herself. She didn’t need any stories to try and attempt to do that for her. "Ohh, Firefly," Ryan replied as she watched the woman accepted the broken bottle. Maybe the Dahlia wolf would be able to open the next bottle, tucked safely under the bench now, so that Ryan wouldn’t have to resort to cracking it open on something again.

"Good, huh?" She asked, lips pulling back in a grin. "I don’t know what it is, but it’s so sweet. It’s… it’s wonderful." She patted the rusting bench, indicating that Firefly could sit if she wanted to. "Do you know what this place is?" She asked, waving her hand in the air to specify the university’s campus that was sprawled out around them.

[/html]
The golden bronze woman smiled softly at the inebriated lady who was attempting to figure out who she was. She wasn't use to dealing with folks that were wasted far beyond her before she'd taken her first sip but it seemed that she would learn from today's experiences. She sipped at the bottle of wine coolly while the woman just seemed to smile up at her dumbly.

Leaning back against the side of the bench she was greeted with an array of comments from the woman from Inferni. She hadn't really met others that didn't know anything about the human world, but perhaps growing up with her strange raising had made her a little wiser to the ways of the ghostly world of mankind. She turned the bottle back over to Ryan as she smirked. "It's called wine, and it can do wonders.." she guaranteed with a devilishly wicked grin.

When Ryan asked about the land they were standing on Firefly just shrugged. She'd learned about humans and their quest for knowledge. This place seemed to be one of the houses where they gathered on their quest. "It's a place of learning. Humans obsessed over knowing." Her eyes turned towards the library that rested down the block. She was silent a moment until her emerald orbs turned back to Ryan. "Knowledge is dangerous you know." she said quietly as she smiled, a dark shadow crossing her path as she titled her head towards the lady from Inferni. Perhaps she liked danger.
[html]

"Wine, hmm," she replied, titling the bottle so that she could stare down at the liquid inside, as if somehow it would change now that it had a name. She didn’t doubt that it could do wonders. Already it was making her mind seem too foggy and strange, although that just made Ryan want to laugh. It wasn’t scary at all, it was just funny. Besides, she deserved the chance to just kick back and knock back a few drinks, right?

"Books!" Ryan suddenly exclaimed. She recalled a conversation she had had with Talitha in the mansion about a library with books. Ryan, however, couldn’t read, so they didn’t interest her much. "I bet they have ‘em here, don’t they? Not that I care, since I don’t know what I’d use 'em for anyways. Can you... read?"

[/html]
Firefly was beginning to wonder if the woman had been dropped a few times as a child, her replies and simple exclamations were a little off. What in the world had DaVinci really seen in the woman, it was really beginning to work into a bit of irritation now. She let it slide for the time being though, assuming that it was just the alcohol talking. She hoped it was atleast, for DaVinci's sake.

"Yeah.. Books.." she said sarcastically as she glanced at the woman, "What's your deal?" she asked suddenly, tossing the conversation about books to the side. There was something about this woman, "Really, no one drinks alone.." she said, the Irish accent seeping through, the only connection most linked with her half brother.
[html]

Ryan stared at Firefly for a moment, still awaiting a reply. Did she read? DID SHE READ? She only offered a humph, before responding, "What do you mean? My deal? I can drink alone if I want to. Besides, there wasn’t anyone around to drink with. So why not drink alone?" Firefly was making Ryan angry now, for no specific reason. Maybe it was just because Ryan really wanted to know… did she read?

"And besides, I couldn't go drinking with Valkyrie there. I’m not stupid. That wouldn’t be good for anyone. And I don’t want her going and getting any ideas! Oww," a pain prickled in her forehead, before subsiding. She set the broken bottle down on the rusted bench, rubbing a few fingers under the curtain of bangs.

[/html]
She was not amused when the woman turned a little childish in her answer to the question. Firefly sighed and shook her head, the words that slipped out of her mouth she'd wanted to avoid til later but her irritation with the woman was too much. She really did need to learn patience with the pathetic souls out there. "Really, I don't see what that boy sees in you.." She grinned wickedly at the idea, wondering what things the woman had done to her sibling to twist him all in a pathetic love struck sob.

Snatching up the bottle from the bench where the woman had deposited it she took a long drag of the liquor and smirked, eying the woman as she commented. "Oh yeah, responsible atleast, do the drinking behind closed doors." She flipped her thick curly hair off her shoulder as she noticed that the woman seemed to have worked herself into a bind. Rolling her eyes she sighed. "Lightweight.." she muttered as she took another swig off the bottle.
[html]

"What do you mean?" Ryan questioned, titling her head to the side to peer up at Firefly. "What do you mean… sees in me? Who?" She rubbed her forehead, and then the feeling was gone. All was good again. Ryan looked towards the bench, but the bottle wasn’t on the bench anymore. "What?" Wait, what was going on? Oh, Firefly had it in her hand. Must have missed that somehow. The rest of Firefly’s comments, Ryan let slide away, just as she had let all her worries for the moment. Instead, she watched the fiery woman as the bottle titled back, her mind deciding that she needed more. Her throat beckoning, she reached out a hand.

[/html]
She really couldn't believe the woman. She didn't know, she had to know. Firefly eyed her as she drew the bottle back away from her lips and savored the flavor. "You're kidding, right?" She handed over the bottle as her eyes narrowed. "You've got to be joking.." She waved her hand at the other woman as she titled her head to the side, trying to remember if DaVinci had said the woman knew how he felt. In the end she figured that she had to have. He wasn't that stupid was he..

She rolled her eyes as she chuckled darkly. "Your dear sweet Romeo.. who do you think?" She was almost one hundred percent sure that there was something wrong with the girl. She'd probably blame it on the alcohol but it just seemed that the lights weren't all on upstairs. Maybe DaVinci and the drunk woman were meant for eachother, he did seem to get a little sideways from time to time over silly things.
[html]

She took the bottle back, holding it tenderly as if it were her child. This fiery woman was starting to look larger and larger – almost menacing. She mentioned Romeo and Ryan knew what she meant. Sweet DaVinci. Poor, sweet, Davinci. "Ohh," she murmured, pulling her legs up into her chest and wrapping her arms around them. The bottle wasn’t cradled anymore, yet hung from the grasp of a few slender fingers. "He doesn’t…" she started, looking up towards the emerald eyes of the woman next to her. Why did they look so fierce to her? "… like me anymore." At that moment, she was starting to feel as if maybe not that many people did. Everyone had left her, after all.

[/html]
Firefly watched the actions of the woman quietly, knowing that if she didn't wisen up soon Firefly's temper was going to get the best of her and the poor soul might just wish she hadn't shared that bottle of wine with the Sadira lady. She raised a brow as the woman finally seemed to gather some sense about her as she realized what man Firefly had been speaking of the whole time. Shaking her head as it dawned on her Firefly was slightly surprised at the words that the lass spoke. She raised a brow as she asked, "So what exactly did you do?" She knew the way DaVinci doted on the girls that he'd been with in the past and she could hardly remember a bitter word any of them had spoken when they'd went their separate ways. It had to be the woman before her who had brought the change in his attitude to surface.

She leaned back and stared up at the trees above them as she rambled on, "I mean, that boy would put up with ANYTHING.." she said, rubbing salt into the other's wounds as she tilted her head back and forth, watching the squirrels play in the trees as she waited for an answer to set the story straight.
[html]

Jeez, rub it in, why dontcha? Ryan frowned, setting the bottle on the bench and hugging her legs closer to her frame. She wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol that coaxed her to tell all or perhaps the unusual presence of someone there to listen. But either way, she found herself speaking, almost before her brain had registered the words. "Valkyrie," she said first, before elaborating. "I had Valkyrie and he was mad. But he should have been, because I slept with someone else. And I didn’t mean it!" Her voice raised, as if protesting to some absurb idea. "But I drank and I didn’t know what I was doing. And I ruined it. So he doesn’t like me anymore. And he wanted me to leave Infenri, but of course I can’t do that!" She drank from the bottle then, gasping after the liquid trailed her throat. "Gabriel made me a leader a few days ago. What was I supposed to do? Just leave?"

[/html]
Firefly leaned back against the bench as Ryan began to pour out her poor pitiful little soul. She hadn't actually expected the girl to tell her what was wrong but she knew that sometimes the alcohol did that to the foolish. She sighed and blew air through her teeth as the sap whined on about the horrible things she'd done and how she'd been left behind by DaVinci. Firefly turned her head to the side and stared at the woman a moment before asked sarcastically, "And you think the one thing that you blame for your actions is the perfect solution to drown your sorrows in?" She chuckled after a moment and stated. "That's pretty fucked up, even for my standards." which, were not high at all.

When the woman droned on and finally drew sympathy from the bottle she shook her head and rolled her eyes. "Maybe you just deserve to be miserable then.." She moved closer to the girl and leaned in, addressing Ryan in a very serious manner. "I think, perhaps, you need to get laid." Firefly sure was a bitch.. but she couldn't help kicking the dog while she was down.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... purple.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She didn’t like this woman’s hot breath tickling against her neck, and she sure as hell did not agree with her opinion. That was the last thing that she needed! She did not need to end up with another child, since she barely knew what to do with Valkyrie. Not to mention, the absence of a father didn’t make raising the girl any easier. Ryan blew air out of her mouth, pushing aside Firefly’s idea. "Noo," Ryan responded, shaking her head. "I don’t think so."

She got up from the bench, leaving the bottle behind next to Firefly. All she wanted now was to get away from the fiery woman. She wasn’t making any of this better. She tried to walk away, staggering every few steps when her balance seemed to fumble. She was headed towards one of those large buildings, hoping to find refuge inside. "I don’t think so," she repeated. The dormitory most likely wouldn’t contain much for her amusement, however.

[/html]
(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist..)

Firefly chuckled at the woman's reaction, collecting the bottle that she abandoned as she took a sip of the wine and removed herself from the bench she was leaning against. She followed the woman, her mind fuzzy as she called out, "What you afraid of? It sounded like a splendid idea to me!" She found amusement in the panic she seemed to cause the other woman, her vision of the lady staggering about moving out of focus as she trailed off, stalking the woman for no better reason than to see what else she could draw from her.

Her eyes sparkled as she moved in closer, her voice teasing as she asked, "Think I'm not as good as my brother?" She didn't know anything about the two's relationship, but if DaVinci hadn't been hitting it she had no problem keeping it all in the family. If he had been hitting it, then even better. She hadn't seen her brother pissed in a long time and he was long overdue in her eyes. Now to only get the girl to agree, that was the problem.