when flying feels like falling
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/08.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She had wandered to the mansion again, stopping by the bare rose bushes that most likely wouldn’t bloom until late spring. She played absentmindedly with the thorned branches, thinking mostly of the boy in Phoenix Valley. She couldn’t get him out of her mind, no matter how much she knew she had to. Inferni and Phoenix Valley were not in the greatest terms with one another. It was now, more than ever, that these two were trapped in the classic story of the Capulets and Montagues.

She sighed, releasing the thorns she had caught between her fingers, and turned to look up towards the sky. The light blue was refreshing – so more welcomed than the dull grey that had clung onto the horizon since November. Ryan trailed her way towards the front of the mansion, twirling her hair in her fingers. Despite the weather, it just seemed to be one of those days…

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i40.tinypic.com/2m7w9p4.png); width: 375px; height: 466px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; left: 3px; top:10px; width: 350px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

!! out of character.

the public don’t dwell on my transmission

His mood had been better, uplifted lately, his confidence improving. The arm which had been troubling him was almost completely healed, and but for some stiffness, didn't seem to be causing him problems. Now he had taken to exploring the territory and marking the prey patterns. Giggle didn't know much for pack protocol, but he figured he'd have to figure it out to uphold his duties. The hybrid tucked his notebook into his side bag and headed back towards the mansion with his letting his mind cheerfully wander over the things he'd need to do in the near future.

In front of the mansion was a woman, whom he noticed at the pack meeting but didn't know. Giggle came up behind her but stepped aside, not wanting to seem as though he were creeping up on her. There was a pause before he spoke, as he fixed his hair back into a ponytail. The headphones from the CD player were around his neck, although he still hadn't figured out how to make it work. 'Hey,' the Scorpius spoke softly, watching her. 'Weather's nice, huh?'

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/08.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Her gaze studied the clouds, captivated. Yet there was some other hidden sense growing beneath her ribs. Something wasn’t whole. Ryan wasn’t entirely content. She knew what would be the remedy, but it wasn’t something she could easily obtain. "Oh," she turned to catch the familiar stranger's words, "hey." She studied the unusual color along his muzzle, before remarking, "Oh, it’s lovely. A nice change from the dreariness we’ve seen lately."

The fingers that had coiled into her hair now feel gently to her side. She curiously studied the headphones around his neck, wondering what in the world their purpose was. "I’m Ryan," she introduced, offering a slender hand. "Ryan de le Poer. I don’t think I’ve actually met you."

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i40.tinypic.com/2m7w9p4.png); width: 375px; height: 466px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; left: 3px; top:10px; width: 350px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

!! out of character.

He returned with a nod in reference to the weather. It was getting better, warmer, more pleasant, which meant better weather for him to experiment in his various doings. Offhandedly Giggle noticed the absence of whom he had assumed was her daughter at the pack meeting. A pretty young girl. They could very well have been cousins, or sisters, or anything really, and so he pushed it out of his mind for now. She was eyeing his hearing phone things, and then introducing herself. The young coyote took her hand and shook it lightly. 'Nice to meet you, Ryan. I'm Giggle Dracon.' Gone was the uncomfortable look that accompanied his name. He was getting used to the fact that for some reason, canines here didn't seem to mock him cruelly for it.

Gig noted she was another de le Poer, thusly related to Gabriel, Corona and Talitha. Would anyone from Inferni he met not be related to the massive Lykoi/de le Poer family? It seemed the pack was based around the intermarriages of these two families. He tried to imagine another bloodline in charge and, failing that, returned his attention to Ryan. 'Do you live in the mansion, too?'

[/html]
[html]

Giggle. She put his name to memory, though she didn’t think it would be hard to remember. It was an unusual name, though she liked that about it. And his face was a hard one to forget. She had seen him around Inferni before, but the young subleader had been too caught up in her own little world within the clans borders, that she had failed to notice much of what was actually going on inside.

"No, I don’t live here. I’ve only actually been inside a few times. It still kind of creeps me out." She didn’t mind buildings so much, it was just that this one had a weird air about it. "My daughter and I live by the caves, along the shoreline." She didn’t see too many clans members out there. At least, not often. "We both like the beach," she added as an after thought with a smile. "But you do?" She asked him, referring to living within the massive building.

[/html]
[html]

this sucks, sorry |:

She said the mansion was creepy, which was something he had never thought of. Old, sure, creaky, dusty, messy, but not creepy. He supposed he could understand, though. It wasn't natural, how the luperci lived inside human homes. Giggle just preferred the way humans lived to the way wanderers did. He nodded in response to her words. So he had been right, the little one had been her daughter. Zana had lived on the beach, he thought. Maybe he should go check up on the little one sometime. Gig had glanced her at the pack meeting, and she'd seemed to have adapted fine.

'Yeah, one of the rooms upstairs,' he returned lightly, absently fingering the headphones. 'It's nice. Quiet, you know?' He didn't like commotion. He could hide in his room, not that he had anything to hide from but himself.

[/html]
[html]

Upstairs. She let her gaze wander to the windows that lined the outside wall. Were one of those rooms his? She wondered if she would prefer living in a building, but she couldn’t get past the feeling the masion presented her. Something about it just was… weird. Sure, she didn’t mind going inside, but Ryan just couldn’t imagine trading her shoreside cave and den for this place.

"Quiet, yeahh," she murmured, wondering if that silence was ever too much. She never had to experience total quiet – the lap of the waves along the shore was almost always audible, albeit faint. It always seemed to soothe her. She turned her crimson eyes back on him, raising a palm to gesture at the headphones. "What’re those?" She asked curiously, tilting her head slightly to one side. They looked strange, whatever they were.

[/html]
[html]

lateeeeeee and laaaaaame. ): <33

His attention had begun to drift away, caught by nothing in particular, until she spoke again and asked him about his headphones. Giggle paused for a moment to pull out the CD player, face in a half-frown. He held it out to her carefully but firmly, so she could see it, although if she grabbed for it he'd probably let her take it reluctantly. 'They attach to this, uh, thing. It's called a player.' He tried to recall everything Maserati had told him. 'I found it in Hailfax and I'm working on fixing it. Humans used it to listen to their music, which they put on these really thin discs. And these big blocky things carry the music into your ears, so you gotta wear them on your head.' To demonstrate the coyote pushed them up to rest awkwardly where his ears were. The old-fashioned headphones were not designed for a canine's ears. Had he known about earbuds he probably would have sought them out, but this was the only thing he'd found at the time. His eyes were lit up as he spoke. Giggle really had a like for human inventions, they were really quite interesting. Perhaps he'd get Maserati to teach him more about them.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... purple.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Ryan let her crimson eyes drop to the strange plastic music player while Giggle held it out for her. She studied it, as if she might be able to learn something from it, before sighing. "Huhh," she mumbled, offering a thin smile towards him afterwards. She wasn’t quite sure what to think of it. When he explained about the headphones, she let her gaze travel up to them. Her smile grew crooked, amused by how funny they looked when he had pulled them up properly. It seemed strange and Ryan wondered if they really worked as Giggle said. "Pretty cool," she replied, tucking her hands into the pockets of her dress. "There’s a lot of cool things in Halifax," Ryan replied casually. Her thoughts wandered to a few specific things. She shifted her weight from one foot to another, at a loss of what to say to Giggle. "Hey," she suddenly perked up, "mind showing me your room?" She had been inside the mansion before, but not in any of the bedrooms. Maybe he had more cool stuff. That was, if he even felt like showing her.

[/html]
[html]

She didn't seem to be as taken with the electronic as he was. Well, that was understandable. They were canines, not humans. He drew it back to himself, pushing the headphones to rest around his neck again, indigo eyes admiring the chipped silver paint on the plastic player for a moment before returning it to his bag. Giggle looked up at Ryan again in time to hear her question. 'Oh,' he said unthinkingly, and then added quickly, 'sure.' The hybrid had no standards of privacy, or concerns about others seeing his stuff. He just didn't think anyone else cared. He started towards the door, glancing back to check if she was following him, before heading inside, past the messed up furniture and up the stairs to where his door stood ajar, fairly close to the staircase. Giggle opened the door completely and slipped inside. His room was messy and unkempt, with peeling wallpaper. A beaten desk stood in one corner, covered with his novels and comic books. His bed, next to that, had a dirty covering, with pictures of some children's cartoon character. A fishing pole stood in the corner. Under his bed, hidden from sight, were some old bottles of wine that he saved for Talitha, for when she wasn't mad at him anymore. The greyscaled Imaginifer moved towards his bed and sat on it, resting his hands at his sides.

[/html]
[html]

She smiled childishly when he agreed, excited to see what else he might have stored away. Though, like the headphones, there were many human things Ryan did not understand the purpose of, she still loved to look at all of those old artifacts. They had always intrigued her, even if the original use was far from sight. She skipped up after Giggle, sliding through the front door, before closing it behind her. Though she had been inside before, the mansion still seemed strange and unfamiliar to Ryan. While she followed Giggle up the stairs, hand sliding gingerly across the railing, Ryan’s crimson gaze studied the floor that now was sinking below her.

Easily the two made their way into Giggle’s room. As he moved over to take a seat on his bed, Ryan’s captivated eyes scanned all of the neat stuff in his room. "Wow," she hummed, looking from the walls, to the desk, and then to all of the odds and ends that adorned the room. "Is this all from Halifax?" She asked then, turning her gaze onto him.

[/html]
[html]

The room to him was nothing special, perhaps filled with special things, but all together it looked like a trash heap. Indigo eyes swept over his trashheap fondly, a little surprised to find the woman seeming interested in his stuff. He took off his headphones and put them on the bed next to him with his bag. Giggle's eyes lit up lightly at the question. 'Yeah.' He paused and then started talking again. 'When I was a kid, I didn't ever get to have material possessions, my mom was a "free spirit" type, always wanted to be a gypsy. So I guess when I got here I developed a habit of collecting stuff I liked.' Especially books. The other stuff had been inspired by the books-- he'd read about fishing and wanted to find a fishing pole, and so forth.

[/html]
[html]

Ryan’s crimson eyes searched the room, taking in the details of the things she had briefly discovered upon entering. "Oh," she replied softly, titling her head gently to the side when one of the objects perplexed her. "Oh, I understand. My mom and I were the same way, I suppose. We never stayed in one place." Perhaps that was the reason that Ryan enjoyed her den on the other side of Inferni’s territory; she knew it was never going anywhere. "You read?" She asked him, eyeing the stack of comics and novels on his desk. She unfortunately, couldn’t read. Ryan had had some practice with the help of a few people, but reading was still a mountain she had yet to conquer.

[/html]
[html]

He had to admit it was almost flattering that someone had taken in interest in his belongings. Him, who he considered boring, unfun. Uninteresting. Maybe Talitha had been rubbing off on him, after all. Indigo eyes smiled as she confirmed his thoughts. Maybe that was what drove pack wolves to be pack wolves, lack of stability in childhood. Of course, it was instinctual. But decades of breeding were changing the luperci into more humanlike beings, and humans had been solitary. 'Yeah,' he replied to her question, bemusedly, following her gaze to the books.

[/html]
[html]

"I still haven’t learned," she revealed, smiling at the mysteries that were hidden within the bindings; the mysteries that Giggle had had the opportunity to explore. Somehow she felt as if she got to learn a little more about Giggle by the stuff he had here. Even though Ryan didn’t know what everything did or why he had brought them home, she could easily see that he was a smart and curious boy, reminding her of Valkyrie. "Well, I better be heading back to my den," she announced, moving towards the bedroom door. "Thanks for the chat, and inviting me in." She gave a small wave of her hand, a smile featured upon her maw, as she exited the room and made her way down the mansion stairs.

[/html]