wash it away
Halifax.[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/08.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She trailed the harbor, walking along the wooden decks and dodging the spots where the weather had begun to reclaim it. There were multiple ships here, mostly skeletons, and even though the sun was shining, something felt eerie about this area. The soft lap of the waves beneath her beckoned Ryan to the water, calling her to swim. She remembered then the time she had talked to Anselm – both out swimming in the ocean.

Crouching down, the girl let her legs dangle over the side of the dock. The water was cool on her calves and she let out a small gasp when they first plunged in. It was nice, though. Even though the ghost ships gave off an ethereal feeling, Ryan found it pleasant to just sit back and let the sunshine fall down on her.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/02.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sorry for replying so late. ;-; Can we backdate this a few days?

He could tell when he woke up that morning that it would be a rather beautiful day. The usual dull grey sky was a vibrant blue and the temperatures, while still rather cool, were much warmer than they had been all week. It was a peek at the spring that lay ahead, and the Italian boy was enjoying it. Ehno decided that he would spend the day down in Halifax. He told himself that he would fetch a few supplies and head right back, but he already knew that he would spend the entire day sight-seeing. His sister was due to give birth any day now, and once the little ones were around he would be spending all of his time within the Crimson Dreams territory to help. So he wanted to enjoy one last trip out to the city before then.

Arriving at the city a short time earlier, Ehno soon found himself following the streets down to the harbor. It was odd that he would wander to the ocean on this trip when he would be able to view the sea at any time from home. Perhaps it was the abandoned ships that pulled him there now; while Crimson Dreams had recently claimed a portion of the rocky shore out east as its own, there were no ghostly ships lurking around there. He trailed along the old docks, trying to get a closer look at one of the forlorn vessels. It sat heavily in the shallows, leaning slightly toward the dock. His amber gaze watched as the water idly splashed along the sides of the large, old ship.
[/html]
Sure, any day is fine by me. And don't worry about the wait. Projects/presentations/papers/finals are keeping me plenty busy![html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/08.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

There was nothing but the sound of the waves lapping gently against the idle hulls, the soft creak of old wood, and the gentle whistle of the wind. It was a melody to lull anyone into a sublime state of contentment. Ryan, alone for the first time in awhile, let her mind wander to nothingness. She didn’t want anything to plague her here. Instead, she leaned back on the dock, both palms falling behind her back to hold her upright, while she pointed her muzzle towards the sun. Simple bliss.

Her crimson gaze searched the docks suddenly. A new sound (and smell) was now accompanying her symphony. She looked for the source; she had known what the sound was… the soft footfall of someone approaching. She waited silently, still poised as she was. She didn’t worry too much, since this was unclaimed territory. Inferni had a bad rep, but no one would attack her just because she was a clans member, would they?

"Don’t I know you?" She asked, titling her head slightly to the side as the Italian boy came into view. She couldn’t recall if she had ever met him, but something seemed strangely familiar about him.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/02.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I live! Sorry again for my lateness!

As the Italian boy made his way along the dock, skirting along the side of the old ship, he noticed another scent mixed in with the salty smell of the ocean and the rusted metal of the ships. By the time he realized that it was another canine, he heard a voice pose a question. His amber gaze searched for the source of the noise, coming to rest upon a young coyote woman sitting on the dock. Her scent was mixed with that of a pack he couldn’t recognize. Perhaps she was from that coyote clan, Inferni? He hadn’t really heard anything good about Inferni, but the girl’s demeanor and friendly question gave him no reason to worry.

Ever friendly and trusting, Ehno abandoned his examination of the ships and walked closer to the stranger. “No, I don’t think you do,” came his accented reply. He couldn’t recall ever meeting this girl before. The Crimson Dreams sergeant came to a halt beside her, crouching down to her level. “Ehno Marino,” he introduced himself, offering his hand for a friendly shake. “Mind if I join you?” The girl had caught his curiosity, and stopping for a friendly chat was never a bad thing in Ehno’s book.
[/html]
[html]

Ryan grasped his hand, shaking it in return of his greeting. "Ryan de le Poer," she offered, before motioning at the space beside her. "Of course, make yourself comfortable." She had let her feet fall into the water below and by swinging her calves over the edge of the dock, created small splashes beneath them. "Marino, huh? That’s why you must be familiar. Related to Savina, I bet?" She looked to him, friendly. She hadn’t been by Crimson Dreams in a while. Ryan wondered if Ehno lived there with his sister, and whether or not he would have any news to share of Ryan’s best friend. The smell of the salt water churning beneath them put Ryan at such ease. She had always been one for the shore, whether it be via a beach or a marina.

[/html]
[html]
Ehno sat himself down next to the girl—Ryan, she introduced herself as—with a smile gracing his lips. Following her example, he slipped his feet into the salty waters, kicking his legs idly as he adjusted to the coolness of it. “It’s a pleasure, Ryan.” And it truly was. It wasn’t often the Italian boy met someone new, especially someone who wasn’t a member of Crimson Dreams.

“Ah, you know Savina, then?” His amber gaze moved from the calm expanse of ocean to the girl beside him. The Marino boy felt more at ease then; a friend of Savvy’s was a friend of his, as far as he was concerned. “Oh yes, Savina is my sister.” He nodded as if to emphasize this fact. Then, as he thought of his sister, his eyes seemed to light up, and he added, “She's going to be a mother any day now.” He knew not whether this friend of his sibling had already heard the joyous news, but he couldn’t help sharing it anyway. The thought of their little Marino family growing larger left him with an excited warmth in his chest.
[/html]
[html]

"Yes, she’s a good friend of mine," Ryan admitted, though she did feel as if it had been some time since she had last seen the beautiful Italian woman. She knew she would have to change that soon, especially since Valkyrie was older now and Ryan would be able to travel without much worry. Her crimson gaze fell on their splashing feet below, smiling as they turned the water about so easily. "Any day now?" Ryan echoed, looking up to him, beaming. She hadn’t realized it had been that long since she had last seen Savina. Goodness, she really would have to stop by Crimson Dreams. "That’s great! I’ll have to come by and see her. She’s doing alright, I hope? With the pregnancy and all?" It hadn’t been that long since Ryan had gone through the same thing her friend was facing.

[/html]
[html]
He nodded in answer to her echoed question, his smile growing wider. He could hardly believe it himself, but time was as swift as ever. It was amazing to think that in only a few short days, he would be an uncle. “You definitely should come visit. Savina would be glad to have the company of a friend, I’m sure.” With a few weeks at the very least of sticking around the pack lands ahead of her, he was certain that his sister would be glad to see a friend come visit. He nodded once again at Ryan’s next question. “Oh, she’s doing great so far. Though I suppose the hardest part has yet to come,” he said. Not like Ehno would ever experience it himself, but he was sure that giving birth had to be a tough process.
[/html]
[html]

Ryan nodded at his words, agreeing from experience. The pregnancy of course had been difficult, especially with carrying around the extra weight and the strange symptoms it had brought about. The actual birth, however, was a very intense experience. Even though there was plenty of pain, the swirl of emotion washed much of it away. It was a hard experience to describe to anyone, unless they had gone through it before. "I’m sure she’ll do just fine," Ryan noted, knowing Savina was going to make a great mother in the end.

A few fingers brushed at the auburn bangs framing her eyes. They were growing long again – perhaps Valkyrie would enjoy helping her cut her hair. Pulling her legs from the water below them, Ryan curled her lap into a pretzel. The wet fur brushed against her dry thighs, but she didn’t mind. "Do you live in Crimson Dreams too?"

[/html]
[html]
Ehno was glad to see that Savina’s friend had confidence in her to do well. Everyone who knew his sibling seemed to know that her loving personality made her the perfect candidate to become a mother. He lifted on of his legs out of the water slightly, stretching it outward and idly watching the water drip from his fur for a moment. He slipped his foot back into the water as Ryan questioned him, a slight ‘swoosh’ sounding as his foot swung slowly back and forth to disturb the water.

“I do,” began his accented reply. “Been there since it was founded, months ago.” This disbanding of Twilight Vale and the subsequent reconstruction of it under the name Crimson Dreams was a clear memory in his mind, as if it had only happened yesterday. Yet at the same time, he felt as though he had lived there for so much longer. “Have you visited there yet?” He turned to gaze at the coyote woman for a moment, tilting his head to the side in a curiously questioning manner.
[/html]
[html]

Hope you don't mind if we wrap this up. I'm trying to get all my older threads archived. :}

She nodded in reply, "Yup," though the visit had been brief. Ehno’s reply made Ryan conclude that he had been living in the same pack as Savina before Crimson Dreams. She couldn’t remember the name just now, but Ryan did recall that the beautiful Italian woman had lived elsewhere when the two had first met. "Though briefly. I’ll have to stop bye again to see the kids. I’m sure they’ll be lovely." She had never seen Kansas, the father-to-be, but Savina had plenty good looks. Ryan only hoped that they would pass on to some of her children.

Her fingers played at the hem of her dress as she absentmindedly watched as Ehno’s legs swung gently over the side of the dock. It seemed as if all of the Marino's had a gentle demeanor; perhaps it ran in the family. Ryan wouldn’t be surprised to find that the children were just as kind as their mother and uncle. "It was very nice to meet you," Ryan told Ehno, smiling towards the Italian man. "I think I’ll be heading home though, before it gets too late. I have a daughter of my own to look after." She rose to her feet then, giving one last sweeping glance over the calming waters. "I’ll see you again, I’m sure," she said, gently placing a hand on his shoulder, before making her way up the harbor dock towards shore.

[/html]
[html]
That's fine by me. :]

He smiled as the girl mentioned again that she would visit, glad to hear the confirmation that his sibling would soon be in the company of a good friend. And if the puppies were old enough to wander around by the time she came to visit, he knew they would be glad to meet a new face too. A calm silence hung around them for a moment, but it was broken before long by Ryan’s parting words. A warm smile graced the Sergeant’s lips. “Ah, don’t want to keep the little one waiting, then.” He nodded. “It was good to meet you too, Ryan. I’ll see you around.” He waved good-bye to her retreating form, amber gaze watching until she had traveled a good distance along. Ehno turned his attention back to the ocean, then, still swinging his legs through the cool water absent-mindedly. He knew he should get going before the day grew any later as well, but for the moment, he was content to sit and enjoy the waters.
[/html]