thread title missing
The moon shone down on the ebony woman, turning the golden highlights in her fur from a soft gold to a shimmering silver as she stood on the dock in the Halifax harbor. The cry of a gull could be heard every now and then and if one knew what to listen to they could hear the soft squeaks of the bat that soared overhead snatching insects from the warm spring air. Miriette smiled to herself as the breeze that came off the ocean whipped at her hair, attempting to steal away the beads and stones that adored her mane.

She twisted a lock of her silky hair around one finger as she cast the line back into the sea, teasing at the fish that lurked below with the tiny bit of bait on the hook. She wasn't actually looking to catch the fish to eat though she hadn't went hunting yet that night. Instead she'd just wanted to see what she could catch, though it looked like nothing so far. Shaking her head slightly she slowly reeled in the line.

The ease of the art of fishing was relaxing. She didn't care if she caught anything or not, sitting on the edge of the bay with a pole and a drink was enough for her. As long as the rum bottle stayed filled with the lovely spicy taste she could bask in this kind of life.. Though deep inside she knew she had a duty to tend to, but tonight it could rest. She'd already found the beast, now to put the plans into motion, that was what was next on her list of things to do.
[html]
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/9683/jazsper2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
In ur all welcome threads, stealin' 'em for myself!

Colibri, she had called herself, who had come to find him, despite the dangers of traveling to Inferni, to tell him that his Knight in Shining Armour had returned to the lands. It had been a long time since the male had bothered to travel away from Inferni, long since that his father had perished. He hadn't wanted to leave, simply to keep himself holed up inside his dark basement home, away from the cruelty of the coyotes that he chose to live with and, even more so, the cruelty that only life could show him. He'd never gotten the chance to tell his father everything that he had wanted to but, at the very least, he could hold on to the thought that Ahren already knew it all. He had to.

Only Laurent could have brought him out of hiding, and no matter how much he wanted to believe the woman that his mate had returned, there was still doubt. He'd gone to the University, the room that had held so many memories. It had been obvious that someone had been there since he had last seen it but since Jasper could no longer smell, he couldn't tell if it had been Laurent lingering. Dejected, but not yet ready to give up his search, he moved on, traveling through various parts of the region.

It was only when the sandy young man spotted the woman that he stopped, the first person that he had seen in his travels, and watched her for a moment from the back of the dock. It was dark now, not a state that Jasper really wanted to return to Inferni in, and the paranoia only made it worse. Gulping, trying his best to hold back his nervousness, Jasper shuffled forward down the dock, purposefully trying to make a bit of noise so that he may be noticed before speaking. Quite a few feet away he stopped, lifting a hand to scratch nervously at his one black ear, and finally spoke. "Excuse me?"

[/html]
Yay! my thread is no longer lonely!

The high pitched squeaks from overhead gave warning to the woman before the paws behind her did. The scent of the boy blew towards her in a burst as she finished reeling the line back in, pausing a moment as she listened to the steps of the male as he approached. When they stopped she cast the line out once more and felt the current of the bay pulling at the line. She turned her head slightly to the side, catching sight of the creamy hued boy with the dark hair and ear, the moonlight gave the highlights of his fur a ghoulish appearance but nothing about the boy really frightened the midnight lady.

She watched him quietly while she idly reeled in the fishing line, the words he'd softly spoken not unheard, the woman was just taking her time trying to figure out what the male might want with her. She paused, stopping the constant slow tug on the line to take a drag at the bottle of rum. Letting the bottle plop back down beside her she went back to watching his quietly. Finally she gave up trying to come up with any logical explanation as she asked. "Zee feesh?" She was fishing, maybe he wanted to as well. They were standing on a dock, of course it was the middle of the night and normally folks didn't sit out on a dock at midnight casting a line, but they probably would if they were drinking rum!
[html]
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/9683/jazsper2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

For a brief moment Jasper had to wonder if the woman had heard him. She made no motion to give him the indication that she had and he, admittedly, often talked quite a bit softer than he likely should have. Of course it could have easily been a case of her simply ignoring, which he supposed he could understand. Who would want to answer the call of a stranger in the middle of the night? Certainly he wouldn't have, despite the fact that it was he who attempted to initiate the conversation in the first place. As the line was cast out toward the water once more, Jasper turned, ready to depart, not wanting to bother someone who potentially didn't want to be bothered at all.

He didn't make it far though, barely even a few steps away, before the voice of the woman hit his ears. He jumped just a bit at her words, though his steps ceased and he turned back around toward her. "Oh. Uh..no.." He hesitated a bit, shuffling forward a few more steps so that she might hear his quiet voice a bit better. "I was just looking for someone and thought maybe you had seen him come through here?" Only the thought of finding Laurent could make the timid man approach a complete stranger. "He is really big and lots of different color browns and some black?"

[/html]
The serious look stayed on the midnight hued woman's face as she watched the male, he seemed so odd, so out of place in her eyes. She wasn't use to seeing men that were shy and reserved like the fellow that had stumbled upon the dock she was casting her rod and reel away upon. When he finally answered her she tilted her head to the side and asked. "Zee learn, deen zee feesh?" her heavily accented words were probably horrible on his ears but she wasn't about to apologize for who she was.

He seemed to still ramble on even after she'd asked about his abilities with fishing. When she realized what he was asking she shook her head and gave him the simple truth. "New to here.. no knows many." she frowned slightly, a bit of a pout lingering on her lips as she suggested. "We goes lookings? Drinks" she said as she offered Jasper the jug that housed the rum. She never stopped to think how useless two drunks would be in the search for the missing lover.
[html]

He could only barely see her under the moonlight, her dark face, with shadow cast across it now that she had turned to him, made it almost impossible for the young man to distinguish any features aside from her eye color. Not that he supposed it mattered, he'd already approached her and spoken to her. "My dad taught me a little bit." He answered the woman promptly, if not a little quietly. He didn't want to be rude and make her wait for an answer, especially when he came to her and sought information, despite being sure that she had any to offer him. "I haven't fished in a long time though." He did faintly remember being halfway decent at it, though.

With her next words came the answer to the question he had asked, which only caused a slight frown to form across his face. She was new, hadn't seen anyone, which was easily deduced despite her broken words. Jasper still didn't have any evidence to show that Laurent actually was back. "It's okay, we don't have to look." He shuffled forward a few more steps. "I don't even know for sure if he really is back here again. And I can't smell.." He admitted, absentmindedly rubbing at his nose. "So I can't find him that way." Realizing that he was rambling, reveal more information than he would to even someone close to him, he reached out for the jug without a thought, embarrassed by his constant flood of words, and took a drink. The face he made had to be quite hilarious, nose crinkled up and eyes squinted closed, but he attempted to maintain himself and return the jug to her. Whatever it had been, the smell reminded him of his father.

[/html]
Her eyes twinkled slightly in the moonlight as the male moved closer. She had never met a male that seemed so reserved, almost scared of just approaching her. She couldn't see why anyone would fear her, there was nothing about her that was scary and she didn't mind his company, she just hoped he could deal with her broken English since it was all she had to offer.

He answered her question regarding fishing and she beamed at the fellow. She reeled the line back in slowly as he spoke, when he admitted that he hadn't fished in forever she shook her head. "Noes skeeel need feeshing." she said as she smiled once more. She didn't mind the quiet soft spoke man, she almost wished more were like him but she didn't say that outloud.

When a frown seemed to shatter the little bit of a good mood that had been building she paused with the reel in hand and listened as he said that they didn't need to go look for this friend of his. She frowned as well, wondering why he'd asked about him if he didn't want to look for the fellow. Her answer came soon enough when he explained that he wasn't even certain the man was back in the area. Revealing that his sense of smell was horrible she shook her head and made sympathetic little tutting sounds.

"He weel show. Zee weel finds hem." she said after a moment. She didn't know when the man would show but it just felt right. He would show up one day, or he would find out just where he was or what was going on. It would be in time but it would happen, in time all things passed.

When he drank from the jug she smiled slightly at the expression that crossed his face before she took the jug back and took a shot off the bottle herself. She gestured to Jasper with the pole as she asked. "You feesh?" She frowned a second as she realized she still didn't know his name. Who ares you?" she asked with her head tilted to the side slightly, a small frown on her lips for a moment before she realized she hadn't introduced herself! "I ams Miriette.." There, that wasn't to bad, atleast they knew eachother now.
[html]

It wasn't often that Jasper would approach a stranger, or even stick around for very long after being approached by one. Even less plausible, the fact that he had taken something offered to him. This was different though, in a way. She had been kind to him thus far, she didn't mock him or question his demeanor. It also might have been, perhaps, the fact that she was also foreign to the lands. He hadn't been born here or grown up here, but he had lived in the place for so long that it should have had a normal feeling for him. Still though, Jasper felt lost and confused in this place, often like he never really belonged at all. His father belonged had belonged here, Jasper had only been extra baggage along the way.

When she spoke Jasper smiled faintly, knowing somewhere in the back of his mind that fishing had never really been about skill, but rather about luck. Something that his father had likely taught him somewhere along the way. It was as he was stepping forward again, moving to the side of the woman to sit himself next to her on the dock, that the revelation hit him. Ahren had taught him many things, it was only after the man's death that they all seemed to flood back to his mind. Ahren had been the father that Jasper had wanted so badly since the moment he had realized that Jasper had been following him. It took his father's death to make the young man understand it all.

Pondering it quietly, Jasper finally dropped himself to sit next to her, giving a nod of his head. "I hope so." Of course, she probably didn't know what Laurent meant to him, not many aside from his father and select few had known, but even the thought of him returning meant the world to the sandy furred male. "He went away a long time ago when I was really sick, to try and find something to make me better." Luckily for Jasper, Corona and Rachias had been able to nurse the sick back to health, only he had to wake to find that his lover had gone.

"I'm Jasper. Jasper de le Poer." He answered finally, nodding his head again. The young man finally reached for the pole that had been offered to him, swinging his legs from the edge of the dock as he took it in hand and swung it quickly out to the water. "I hope the fish aren't very big, I'm not very strong." And he even laughed a bit as he told her so.

[/html]
Miriette really couldn't tell the boy honestly that the male would return to him, but it seemed that in the big wide world that everyone returned to their roots at some point or another. She turned her silvery orbs back to him as he spoke up, she caught the slight smile he offered and the short words of hope he stated. She nodded quietly a moment and before she knew it the male continued on with the story of why he was searching far and wide for the fellow. She tilted her head to the side and ran a finger along the edge of her ear as she asked. "But yous well now, where he?" If he was better than the man he was so attached to had to have returned with an answer to healing the man beside her. Then again she was awfully confused with trying to follow the English perfectly, she could be misunderstand a lot.

She forgot all the nonsense of her surety as the fellow finally reached for the pole she offered and gave a name. She smiled and tried to repeat the name outloud, "Jashpur.." Her accent had probably minced his name to bits but atleast now they knew eachother. She kicked her heels back and forth as she took another swig from the bottle and set it between the two of them as she watched him setting to fish.

The midnight hued woman couldn't help but laugh at his joke as she shook her head and giggled. "If eet pulls you en, lets it go!" She could deal with losing the pole but she wasn't for certain what she would say if she let a another be swallowed into the great blue sea by a fish, something that normally was suppose to be on their dinner plate. She flicked her locks over her shoulder as she tried to ease off the laughter as she asked. "yous from 'ere?" She knew little of the broad lands except what exploring and wandering she had managed, many of the folk that lived her though, she knew nothing about. She needed to end that soon, the whole world wasn't mean to be strangers to her, atleast she didn't believe so.
[html]

"My sister and her friend found a way to make me better before he came back." He explained quietly, staring out across the dark water. "Knowing him, he wouldn't bother coming back until he thought he had something that would make me better." His voice was quiet then, assuring himself that what he spoke was the truth. He knew how Laurent felt about him, he had never doubted it even once, and however dire the situation had been back then, now that he was better and able to think about it, it was kind of sweet in a way. "I'm afraid if he comes back and I don't find him quickly he'll think that I died and leave again, or something.."

That said, Jasper gave a bit of a tug on the fishing pole, attempting to move the line around a bit in the water, wondering to himself whether or not the fish could actually see it in the dark. The random spout of quiet questions was quickly forgotten at the sound of his name, or something quite close to his name, and he smiled a bit. He was glad that he could make her laugh, a complete stranger, even if the thought of a fish dragging him into the water was just a bit more than frightening. "From across the ocean, actually." Although he could never really remember exactly where. "Europe, I think. My family used to live in a big castle there." Until he went and ruined everything.

[/html]
She turned those silvery grey orbs towards Jasper as he explained just what had happened with the sickness. She had known sickness in the pack she'd been brought up in though their ways of dealing with sickness were a little less civil that the wolves around here tended to be it seemed. She frowned as his story went on, the comments on just what the male might do if he didn't find Jasper was a little strange to her but she had never been in a situation where another had ever searched for her, though she herself was searching for someone currently. "You leave hims message?" she asked. Knowing that many wolves could read and write she realized that if he knew where the other had lived when he'd been here he could possibly write him a note or find some other ways of getting a message across to let him know he was indeed well.

She kept the comment about her own search to herself for a moment, not really needing the rest of the world to know that someone was looking for the one eyed male. she fiddled with the lip of the rum bottle as she once more settled into listening to his words as he explained a little bit about his life and where he'd come from. She had never been across the ocean or even outside the lands she'd been born in until she'd come to these territories with her siblings. "Eet nice there, yeas?" she asked, curious about the big ole world that was out there.

She lifted the bottle once more to her lips and was quiet a moment as she studied the waves and the shimmer off the pole's line. After a while she finally spoke up, "I never leaves home teel nows." She didn't even know why she was telling him but she could probably blame it on the rum.