Alone amidst the waves
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OMFG. I had my reply all written up and was just previewing it and then Firefox crashed. FML. -_-;
300+

Haven had begun to take slow steps away when he heard footsteps headed towards him. He turned to look just in time to see Firefly walk in front of him and grab a hold of one of his arms. The soft growl that he had heard in her throat made his ears fold back against his head. He wasn't looking for a fight and he wouldn't hit a girl. He didn't even understand what he had done to make her so upset. At her initial question an answer quickly stumbled out of his mouth. "A lot." It was simple and concise, but it was true. The issues that burdened him and drug him down were numerous.

The fact that she thought that his leaving had anything to do with Ruri shocked and upset him. It had nothing to do with that sweet girl and everything to do with that scarred witch that apparently Firefly called "friend". "Their worth? What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with Ruri! She's a sweet girl and I don't want to leave, but I got the impression back there that I wasn't needed. It was probably right too." He was a wreck and he knew it. "My whole world just fell apart on me. Everything I thought I knew and everything I was is gone now. This is all that's left," he said, gesturing to his haggard and somewhat emaciated form.

"And I know. I should just move on. Get over it. Don't you think I'd like to? I can't! I don't know where to go from here. I have nothing. This is not the type of thing you just 'get over'. I never want to hurt anyone, but with recent facts that have come to light, I'm not sure I'm capable of that anymore. Believe me, I know how pathetic I am. I hate myself, but that doesn't mean I need to be reminded of it." It was clear he was talking about the red girl as his jaw clenched. "If you guys hadn't come around, I would have taken care of her, or found her someone that could. But you two seem like you have things handled so I have nothing else to contribute. I can't even take care of myself, how could I take care of her?" That lost and sad look entered his eyes again. She'd probably yell at him and tell him to get over himself, but it was true. All that he had said was the truth.

[/html]
Firefly narrowed her eyes at the words the male laid out for her. So his life wasn't filled with daisies and sunshine. "Big fucking deal. You're not the only one hurting. You're not the only one who's ever made bad choices." She thrust his arm away from her in disgust as she growled. "Try having everything that ever meant anything to you taken away." She sighed and crossed her arms as she explained. "My mate and pack took my children and cast me out because I stood for a friend. Do you think that's fair?" She flipped her hair over her shoulder and answered. "No, it's not. You don't see me crying a river though.."

She looked at the boy hard as she silently sized him up before giving in and saying. "You can come see her anytime you want.." and with that she turned away from the boy that had some estranged attachment to her sibling but as she was going she called back. "A bit of advice. Whatever's holding you back, leave it in the past. No one's stopping you from making a new life for yourself." She wasn't going to stop him, that was for sure. Anything would probably be better than the bumbling fool that was sniveling and whining about all the wrongs in his life but not taking the time to right a single thing.

She quickly left him far behind and went after the two blind women who were on their way to the cabin that they'd claimed as home for now. It wasn't going to be home forever, but for now it was all they needed.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

ooc: I'd say this baby's done. Right? *is bad at judging the conclusions of threads*

Ruri hobbled along beside Svara, doing her best to keep from stumbling across the unfamiliar ground. She didn't hate her disability, but she did hate being in a place that she was unfamiliar with, without Jac being there to help her. She had to be careful and follow right behind Svara, something which was quite difficult when she couldn't see the healer woman. She had to use her sense of smell and hearing to keep herself in line with the the gruff woman. So far she hadn't stubbed her foot pads on any rocks or anything, which gave her comfort that she would be able to make it to their house without gaining any more injuries. Her stomach still ached, but it did not threaten to send anymore of it's contents back up her throat. That had been unpleasant enough. The fragile female's half-folded ears perked at the sound of Firefly coming up behind them at a rapid pace. Her brow furrowed in curiosity as she wondered what had conspired between the woman and the troubled male. Ruri hoped that he and she would cross paths again someday. He seemed like he was quite nice, and like he could be a good friend. That would have to wait for another day though. For now, Ruri had to focus on making it all the way to the house that Firefly and Svara were taking her to. Her weak limbs ached with every step, and threatened to give out beneath her. So she had to quickly return her attention to following the wolfess in front of her.

[/html]