Kaleidoscope eyes
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table4.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She hummed a little to herself as she thumbed through the pages of the notebook, examining the human writing with curiosity. She had been to the city again today, enjoying the slightly cooler temperatures while she had walked, and had found the notebook in a rubbish pile alongside the night club that she had been frequenting. Alabaster leader cleared her throat, reading a little from the notebook. She almost couldn't tell what a few words were, because they had been written in pen, but they seemed to be words to a song.

Picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly,
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

But what did it mean? She didn't know what a marmalade was...or a tangerine. And what was a kaleidoscope? The female puzzled over this for a few moments, leaning back against the big chair that sat in the parlor of the mansion. Humans wrote such strange things down. Maybe it made sense to them, though.

Maybe she needed a little help understanding, though. There was always one thing that made her feel a little clearer...the powder that she had found in the city. With that thought the commander rose to two feet, heading inside to the area she had hidden the drug. After a few deep breaths of the wonderful powder she felt much better, and put the bag back so she could return to the parlor. She picked up her notebook, brushing the remains of powder from her nose, and sneezed a few times on her way out the front door.

[/html]
[html]

XD

i gotta be my own boss no matter what the cost

It was like she was getting taller every day. Not that she noticed much, just finding it convenient that she could reach the tall shelves of her new room, or odd that she just about hit her head on things that she used to be able to walk beneath with ease. Her round earthen hued shoulders only shrugged at the notion, she was getting bigger and she wanted to ignore it. Being large was an advantage, but for some reason she wanted to slight and small like her sister. She wanted the delicate features of Savina, a thin waist or even just a lean frame. Instead she bore large round muscles that she felt were unattractive.

The young woman found herself outside, distracting herself from the worries of her developing body with the paint and easel that she had found. Having run out of canvases Mati had turned to painting the easel itself, setting it in the soft grass and adorning it with a color that mimicked the blades of new born grass. She grazed her brush long the wooden frame one last time before calling it finished. Taking a step back the female eyed it for imperfections, then turned to leave it so the paint could dry.

Her view settled on the porch, noticing that she was no longer alone in the front yard. She smiled, finding that her mother was the one to exit that from door. Her tail waved behind her, and with brush and paint rag in hand she moved forward to greet her. She saw the book in her hands, growing curious.
Hey momma. The girl addressed her warmly. It had been some time since she found herself alone with her birth mother, and was eager to absorb some of the attention Naniko was whiling to give.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table4.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She wondered to herself how the tune to the song went, if there was any kind of music that had been put to it. The lady could not play an instrument herself, personally, and couldn't make any sense of what the notes scribbled in the corner of the notebook page. Maybe she could make something up for it, and give it some life.

When she saw her girl her tail began to wag and she gave her a nudge with her nose. She didn't know how the children would look when they became fully grown, but it seemed that Mati would have Naniko's stature eventually. Very large and bulky growing up...but bulk that would grow into beautiful curves. She hadn't had much time to care about what her body had looked like when she had been young, having helped raise her younger brother when she was Mati's age. Conri had always helped her out, though. He'd even moved from his pack and faced the leader of Clouded Tears to ask for permission to come live with her and Davinci.

"Hey baby girl. What are you up to?" She eyed the painted stand, her tail still waving behind her in an enthusiastic manner.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Specks of the green mixed paint dotted her brown furred hands. It seemed like no matter how hard she tried it was impossible to not get paint all over the paws. She had never been the cleanest as a pup, but still she tried. Purple eyes looked to the green of her mothers, taking in her question and wondering the same about her. I found this easel, and wanted to give it some color. Pointing to the canvas holder that sat in the lawn.

It wasn't like her mother to be so seemingly laid back, usually dealing with some pack issues. But Mati had come to find that her home didn't have too many problems, so maybe it was right that their Commander was just relaxing. Eying the book that she held Mati gave an inquiry of her own. What are you reading? Mati knew that Anu didn't ready, well couldn't, but understood that Naniko loved to indulge in a good book.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]

It was interesting to see what her children were up to. She had always been into herbs, from a very young age...she had never really had the time or patience to follow anything else. She had tried to dabble in artwork, but her art had never been too good. She had never taken the time to perfect it, either. She'd just settled for making bad art and being good with herbs.

"Ah. Well, I think it looks dashing. Painting yourself a bit, too, I see. Does it come off easily?" She looked at her daughter's paws, shaking her head and smiling. "Oh, this thing? I think it's human poetry. But it puts the weirdest images into my head when I read it. I wonder what the humans were talking about when they wrote it. Things about kaleidoscopes. I don't even know what that is."

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

At her mothers words the shy girl looked down to her paws again, looking at the green flecks and smiling at Naniko's teasing. With some warmed water, and one of those old hunks of soap. It comes off quite easily. She explained, though did not add that she had dripped it down the hallway, unsure if the soap and water would work on hardwood too.

The explanation left Mati just as confused as her mother seemed to be. The only thing that she could say was a quick, Read me some. She wanted to see the strange pictures, and wondered if they would come to her as easily as they did her mother. Sitting on the porch steps Mati settled in for another story, so many hours had been spent on the porch, falling into the words of her mother.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]

"Do you get along with Brooklyn, Mati? I had a sister once. Your aunt. But I haven't seen her in such a long time...I'm not sure she's even alive any more. I'm about three years old, myself. But my sister's name is Pontiac. We didn't get along when I was younger...but I wonder if things would be different now" She took a seat in the grass beside the girl with the painted paws, flipping through the pages of the notebook.

"Here's some." She read out the words carefully, squinting. It was a lot harder to read handwriting than it was to read text. "All you need is love, all you need is love...all you need is love, love, love is all you need" It was kind of nice, really. It made sense.

[/html]
[html]

Her mother question made her mind work. She found it the sort of question that she might have been wonder about for some time, and she hoped her mother didn’t worry about the two girls. Mati looked away, finding the grass she sat on and picking a few blades as she thought.
“I guess so. She is distant, I think. She is unhappy about you and momma Anu, and about Haven.” Mati took a breath before admitting,
“We don’t talk much, not like I do with Haven.” Thinking of her brother was easier then she once imagined.

Mati listened, and liked the words spoke. She smiled, and looked back to the white wolfess.
“I like that.” Then she grew quiet, unsure of how true the words were. She did not see any odd pictures in her mind, but maybe only her mother could see such things.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]

Sometimes she didn't know what was going wrong with her life. It felt like there was always something going on that she couldn't control, that she couldn't handle. Some days things just felt impossible. But then something amazing came along, something that lifted her spirits and made her feel ok again. She just wanted to feel ok, sometimes, and not sad about Anu or about her children growing up and moving away from her. The drugs helped her with that, made her feel so much better.

"A girl in a red dress came looking for Haven, a few times. It was a coyote. I wonder if he's mixed with their kind...the ones who tried to war with us before. I don't know. But I hope not." Siobhan had seemed all right to Naniko, but you never knew with coyotes. It would smile one minute..and stab you in the back when you turned away.

"Picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly,
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes."
She recited, looking down at the page. None of it made sense, really, except for the parts about love.

[/html]
[html]

Mati would never understand the pain that her mother felt. She could imagine how hard life was as the leader of a pack, and without the support of a mate to help. As she thought of it, she grew angry with her other mother. Though the girl did not know what happened between the two woman she did not believe that Anu had just given up and could not be there for Naniko as she once been.

An ear turned to face the Commander, and as she heard the words to describe Siobhan her eyes found her mother’s face. Mati was taken aback by her mother’s worry. No, Haven would never be one of the tribesmen of Inferni. She had heard enough about them, rumors and whispers to know they were no good. She knew her brother was better then that, and he would never socialize with any beast that wasn’t honorable let alone join their clan.

I have met her too. though only once. She spoke, her voice solid and sure, I don’t think he would. I am sure he is searching for the right pack, I wouldn’t be surprised if he hadn’t found it already. She gave a small smile, though the burden of the sadness she felt about her missing brother could still be seen.

Listening again, Mati did as her mother told. The scene playing in her imagination. The words made smile, truly, and she could have laughed at them. What’s a kaleidoscope?

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... otable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
end?

She just hoped that he was happy, even if he was away from her. Brooklyn missed her brothers, but at least Mati had stayed here to be with them. Naniko considered herself to be close to both of her daughters...but her sons had strayed and their visits would most likely be long and in-between.

She didn't think that she had raised him to be like one of them, like those coyotes, but he looked so much like Conri that she could never be sure. Maybe they would let him in anyway, even though he didn't have enough coyote blood. Maybe he would turn out to be bad just like Conri.

"Hm? I'm not sure. I was puzzling that one out myself. Maybe someday we'll come across one of them, though." She closed the notebook. "We should go inside...maybe get something to eat. And we can talk more. Does that sound good?"

[/html]
[html]

sounds good ! <3

Mati didn’t know if she would ever be able to leave. Haven had fought to stay away so that he could find his own way. It would have been easier to stay and rely on his family. Maybe for the woman it would be easier to go then it would be to stay. Things were not always easy, and they could always change to make things harder. She would have to wait and see how strong she would become.

Ok. The girl responded, knowing that the easel would need more time to dry and that she was indeed hungry. She reached for her mothers hand, taking it and walked inside with her. Haven would be safe and happy, wherever he ended up. And she would be safe and happy, staying right where she was.

[/doHTMl]