herums[p]ritzen.
[html]
http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv29 ... thfoot.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Private for Sabeen. [WC: 227]

Splash! Small, muddy paws came down in the last of a puddle from last week's rainstorms. Onyx paws were now matted with reddish-brown dirt, the way Catharsis had now come to prefer them. "Splash splash!" she cried gleefully, tumbling head-first into the puddle, which was now very little water and very much pure mud. This was a fact that was slowly but surely leading to the rest of the black fur matching that of the paws. Catharsis had never cared much for the idea of staying clean - exploring was so much more fun if she got dirty. Mama had always been frustrated with her for that, but no matter. Mama had been frustrated about a lot of things. And for what? That was no fun!

At last, she tried to come down into a puddle, and hit nothing but squishy mud. "Aw, that's boring," she protested at the former puddle in whiny German. "Why can't ye have more water, huh?" The muddy hole didn't respond, and she stamped her paw into it. Pulling back, she saw the print it left and giggled. "My paw is in the mud! My paw is in the mud!" Running in circles at the border of Dahlia, the pup jumped and barked, hoping to catch the attention of a nearby sibling. "Cat! Ava! Pal! Rou! Guys, c'mere, look what I made!"

German
English

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... eenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
yay! for once i dont have to use a translator xP

It was a bad idea for the lady to let herself stray so close to the bastard borders. Sabeen felt no desire to be in the aura of her ex pack, but had merely been passing through as quickly as she could outside the borders when a familiar language had hit her ears. German, her mother tongue. She had seldom come across any who knew it, and the desire to have an intelligent conversation drove her to the source. Much to her disappointment, it was not any she could converse with. It was a child of Dahlia, not one of Firefly's sons from the scent, but a little black girl. The inane, hyperactive thing was messing around in the mud. Sab looked away, considering leaving, but an idea struck her.

She had no desire to be around the pup and no ill-will towards it, but perhaps she could somehow use the child to her advantage? Maybe turn her against Dahlia, even. The young were so very susceptible. Keeping her posture wary, constantly looking out for a white or copper toned figure, she allowed herself to drift slightly closer to the border. She would not cross it, but she could still speak to the whelp from her distance.
'Hello, little one.' Her voice was rough, but not mean as it usually was. German was always so prettier than English to her ears.
'Are you having fun?'

[/html]
[html]
http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv29 ... thfoot.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Fuck me, I am so sorry. I forgot to track this thing. =/ Here's a (not so great) reply. [WC: 369]

German. Someone was speaking German. To her? It wasn't any of her siblings. Who else would speak German to her? Catharsis whipped her head upward, prepared to see the disapproving crimson eyes and sleek black pelt of Anka de Sadira. Her tail was already between her legs and an apology for the muddy mess half-prepared in her mind before she processed what she was seeing. Not Anka. No black fur, no red eyes. Instead, this was a brown and white female with many scars, and the small black girl was already halfway to closing the gap between them. A gasp could not be stifled, and quickly, Catharsis spat out an explanation. "I'm sorry, madam! I thought you might be my mother..." Beneath the mud that covered her, her face was wrinkled into a frown, and she tried her best not to cower too much. Mama would not be proud of her for showing such fear. But with a scar like that, Catharsis dared not mess with her.

It occurred to her that she, too, had a scar on her face. But the scar over her red eye, an eye which saw only about half of what the opposing golden one did, was not from a valiant battle or a brutish scuffle. No, that was the mark of her mother, a mark that would prove the reason for the girl's fear - and ultimately, her submission - to her mother. Turning her eyes to the female who was, in fact, not her mother, Catharsis tried to find something to say. She was not far from the she-wolf, and even at such a young age, she could tell that this was not a member of Dahlia. "You are not of this place. Who are you?" She knew that other members of the pack greeted newcomers at the borders sometimes, but there wasn't any such wolf to be seen. Was she supposed to greet this female? Or call for help? At any rate, she spoke German, and the rest of the pack (save for her siblings) did not. Perhaps that was why she was here, now. Fate? Perhaps only circumstance. As her mother might have said, it was too soon to tell.

German
English

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... eenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Don't worry about it. (:

The child's reaction to her presence amused her briefly. Surely the angry looking Sabeen wasn't all that scary? An explanation fell from the black pup's lips, causing a light laugh to fall from the split lips. Her mother! 'No, I'm just a lonely old woman.' She relaxed her posture, making herself seem approachable, hopefully, to the child. Despite the mud she could smell the child's owner, the strong smell of Dahlia's leader clung stubbornly to the soft fur. (Oh, how Sabeen hated them all, oh, oh.) She smiled at the little girl, and it was not a smirk or grin but an average, friendly smile.

A scar graced the child's red eye. She wondered, vaguely, who put it there, and if somehow the child was being protected by the white woman. The backstory, though, held no true value to the lady and she put it out of her mind. It didn't affect her how this little one came to be a Dahlian child, what mattered was that she was a Dahlian child. 'You're right; I'm not,' she confirmed the girl's statement, and then paused before continuing. 'My name is Beate,' she lied easily, and smiled again. 'Dahlia was once a home to me, but not any more.' Her eyes widened as she spoke, as if she had just realized something important (all a show for the child's sake, she knew she would be easy to manipulate) 'Oh, little one, you won't tell anyone I'm here, will you? I'm afraid your leaders will hurt me for trespassing.' She allowed fear to pass through her wheat eyes, marking her face with a downward turn of her lips, her ear pressing back briefly. The object of the game was this: convince the child that she was harmless while painting Dahlia as a home to demons and monsters.

[/html]