MY next char, and I want your opinion
Your research is good, OuO, but all of those are guns that people most likely take care of. If your taking your gun to the range to practice, chances are you care about your skill and are practicing good maintinence. But that's not the same here. The gun would have been lying around for however long humans have been gone, and the dust and all the other crap that wouldn't have been a problem if someone had taken care of them is obviously ineffective. Regardless of the Glock 17's hardy endurance and reputation, time would still be a factor. ^=^
Yes, I know. That's why he's going to fix these pieces for ones from the others guns he found in the shooting club XP Time sucks...
~ and to be able to fix those 'pieces', he must have an already very good knowledge about guns and already know it well enough to know what goes where and how etc etc. Fixing a gun actually requires some skill and someone that knows what they are doing.

Anyway. A cut in the face bleeds heavily. A deep cut in the face bleeds even more heavily. If he gets lots of cuts in his face, he will be as good as half blind if lucky, because there will be blood running down his face and into his eyes. Even if the blood comes from the body and is slightly salt, it will still sting if one gets it in the eyes, and he will for sure if he is to get the injuries you have talked about. There are many details that go against your current bear plot. You are not up for altering it?
Well, he'll have some technology skills, but I think he can work a bit in the weaponry part of technology XP
Anyway, I'll see if I can make up something about it... My bimestral tests are up, and I have very little time for myself, even less for RPing... but I can do it XDDD

Well, it's fine for a change, as long as he get those horrible scars