As the ridiculous world went by
[html]
It seemed hopelessly bizarre that every second measured the same amount of time as the next. As did every minute, and every day, and every week, and every month. The reason for the strangeness of this clear-as-daylight fact was that some periods of time just threw themselves by in a blur of events and experience. For instance, Tamerlane was no longer as new as he had been to Storm; indeed, he was very much a pack member now. He had done so much in his time here, including meeting others, learning of the culture of Bleeding Souls and its various regions, and of course exploring. As was his forte. Yet much of this was something of a blur. The evidence that he had been here a while now was still there; he emerged from the den in which he rested (though he didn't tend to sleep more than a few hours every night, by force of habit) to find everything familiar to him.

Tamerlane turned his grey-black eyes from the skeletal canopy, through which the sunlight blinked, in a north-easterly direction. A long morning stroll that was by now routine.
[/html]
It wasn't often that Dierdre came this far out, went this far away from home...it was a one-time thing. The wolf was a homebody, the type that enjoyed everything about her home. She rarely found reason to leave Storm, and when she did, it was only to visit her mother or to look for a gift for her mate in the city. She wasn't sure what it was that kept her so tied to the lands...it could have been that her father was the alpha, and that she constantly babysat for his children; they were a little too young to go this far out. So she had ajusted.

Dierdre had been thinking about children a lot lately, wondering if she should ask Pilot about them. Having some. She spent so much of her time around other peoples' children, helping to raise them...that she had never really considered the fact that she could have some of her own. There were always others to care for.

She didn't know what she was doing this far away from home...her paws must have wanted a nice, hard walk. She'd probably end up having to stay here overnight somewhere before she'd be able to journey back home; it was a far ways away.

Her mismatched eyes searched the surrounding area, looking for life. She doubted that she'd find anyone way out here. It was then that the scent hit her, the scent of another Storm wolf. Who? Who would be so far away from the lands? She was surprised; she thought that she knew everyone in Storm...this wolf's scent was foreign.

"...hello?" She called. She couldn't see the wolf yet, but she could smell them out there...somewhere.
[html]
Tamerlane tucked his long hands into the pockets of his jeans as a chill swept up over the edge of Storm territory and down through Acheron Peak. He watched old, dry leaves flutter from the skeletal trees, and then turned his gaze to the right, where a lithe, effeminate figure cast a subtle shadow in the morning light. The stranger, however, had not noticed him fully. He continued to walk forward, his tall Luperci form passing out of the shadows. Good morning, he replied.
[/html]
She waited for a few moments for the other to appear, and wasn't frightened when he did so. Dierdre didn't like being out of her element, in territories unknown, and sometimes things scared her a lot easier when she was out on her own. She hadn't been doing too well after finding out about her brother's murder...why she'd even gone out this far was beyond her. It was dangerous out there for any wolf. Especially in the neutral territories.

Dierdre's blue and yellow eyes came up from the ground, focusing on the other werewolf. "Ah, yes--good morning to you, too!" She was right, this was someone she'd never met. He looked a bit different from other people, but then, who was she to talk? She'd ventured away from Bleeding Souls before, and when she'd been seen, had been called a witch because of her strange eyes. There was always a reason why wolves looked the way they did..some were born with their looks, and some aquired them.

"I'm sorry that I haven't had the chance to meet you before; lately I've been a little ill. I'm Dierdre Rhiannon"
[html]
Tamerlane wasn't exactly a recluse, but he could be a quiet sort, not likely to initiate a conversation. Normally it was the other party that did the honours of taking his humble greeting and turning it into something worth sticking around for. Pleasure, Miss. Rhiannon, he greeted her in turn, his dark eyes gentle upon her unassuming form. I'm Tamerlane, a friend of your mate's. It was worth mentioning their connection. Pilot and he were not the closest of friends, but they were friends nonetheless – the Spaher didn't have a word to say against him. May I ask what you've been ill with? he asked, amiable interest overwhelming unwanted curiosity.
[/html]
[html]If he was a Storm wolf, then she knew that she was in good hands. Now there were two of them instead of one; one would have been easier to attack. And Tamerlane looked capable enough, big enough to help her if they did get into any trouble. She smiled a little when he mentioned Pilot; she was glad that he'd been making friends while she was sick. She'd had to tell him to go out and do some things on his own sometimes, because he was always in there trying to help her. It was nice to have help, but she'd worried that he was always tied down with her.

"I'm glad--I hoped that he would meet a few wolves that he could get along with. He's a wonderful guy"There had been times during her illness that she hadn't been sure that she was going to make it...she'd wanted him to have support, just in case. Like he had always been to her...support. "I don't know what it was, exactly--dizziness, vomiting, headaches, fever...I think it might have been influenza. But then, I'm not much of a healer. I would ask my mother, but she's not...doing too well herself" Dierdre trailed off, looking down. Deuce had tried to commit suicide again, that's what had happened. Lucifer, the wolf that had raped Dierdre in the past, had come to Storm seeking her aid. But Dierdre hadn't been able to help Deuce, not really. Pilot had ended up coming to take her home."Do you know what to do for a wolf that won't do anything? She...just lays there"[/html]
[html]
It was refreshing (though not altogether rare) more than anything else to meet a couple that seemed to be so in love. And perhaps their relationship was young; it was evident enough in the way the female spoke of Pilot as if their passion was recently assembled. She was proud of her mate, too; all was well, it seemed, it the world of Dierdre and Pilot.

Expressing natural concern for one so gentle and friendly as the female before him, Tamerlane frowned faintly. If she was unaware as to what her illness was, chances were it would strike again. Before he could offer advice, however, she asked him of a different matter that was perhaps slightly more urgent. Do you know what to do for a wolf that won't do anything? She... just lays there. Does she talk to you? Tamerlane asked in the soft voice expected of a helpful stranger. Because it sounds psychological to me; perhaps she needs to dig inside herself, produce the issues and confront them; and perhaps she's incapable of doing that on her own.
[/html]
[html]Dierdre had been afraid of passing the illness on to the pack only after the entire thing was over; she had been too out of it to think about it while it was plauging her. She'd hallucinated, had high fevers that made her believe things that weren't really there. Pilot had stayed by her side through it all, though, helping her however he could.

She had become friends with Pilot after she had rejoined the pack, after she'd met Lucifer for the first time. Things had happened between her and Lucifer, things that she hadn't wanted, and Pilot had been there for her after it all. He was still protecting her today, making sure that Lucifer didn't come anywhere near Storm.

The girl sat down to think about what Tamerlane had said. Psychological? That made sense. So much had happened to Deuce over the time that Dierdre had been there...and now Shadow's death on top of it all...there was so much pain and sorrow in both of their lives. Dierdre wanted to help her mother, wanted to very badly...but..."Sometimes I feel like...if I get caught up in her again I'll end up getting hurt. She's...tried to commit suicide before, and has ran out on me when I needed her. I don't know if I can do it."She mumbled.

How strange it was, to be saying these things to him. She hadn't even spoken about this with Pilot yet...maybe she should.[/html]
[html]
In some ways, Tamerlane was not interested unduly. After all, the friendly but damaged female was an utter stranger to him, he hadn’t met her mother and he wasn’t all that close to her mate. It was natural to not throw himself head-long into concern. On the other hand, he was naturally interested in the well-being of what seemed like innocent, warm-hearted people like Dierdre. What was more, the fact that she was sharing with him things that were important to her motivated him to remain politely interested and helpful; it was not his place to act like the type that was not inclined to lend a listening ear.

As the young female sat down, Tamerlane matched physical nonchalance by leaning against a gnarled tree, folding his sinewy arms and gazing down at her. If she hurt you when she ran out on you at a time in which you needed her most, it doesn’t make sense to reverse the situation now, and consciously impart on your own mother a hurt that you’ve felt yourself.
[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself

it's just a different scene

It made sense, what he was saying. She needed to be stronger than this, wished that she was stronger than this. It seemed that in most of what she did she was supported by Pilot…but she hadn’t spoken to him about this yet. She didn’t know what he thought. A lot of the time Dierdre just didn’t know what to do…she needed good advice. She and her mother’s relationship had never been anything but rocky, had she thought that it would ever change?

But she wouldn’t give up. She would try, this one last time, to get her mother back to the right side. If Deuce wouldn’t listen, then there was nothing she could do. But she would try. ”Thanks...you’re right. What’s your family like, Tamerlane? Is it like mine?”
[/html]
[html]
Perhaps he was wrong, but his take on the female’s reply was that she was not trying to change the subject, but was in fact a selfless creature that had realised that their conversation so far had centred around her. However, Tamerlane was simply not the type to talk about himself. He replied I don’t have a family, before glancing briefly towards the heavens. If you’re heading back to Storm, would you care for some company?
[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself
Close this one? ^^

it's just a different scene

"My father is Phoenix..well..adopted father, anyway, and his pups are my siblings. I also have a mother that lives in Jaded Shadows, and a grandmother that lives in Jaded Shadows as well. My real father is gone--I've never been able to remember anything about him except for his really green eyes--but I was lucky to be raised by who I was. Phoenix and Physe were so wonderful" At his question she smiled and nodded, glad for the company. It would be nice not to have to watch her back all the time; she didn't completely trust the coyotes yet, even if the rest of the pack seemed to. "Sure. Lets go"
[/html]
OOC — sure thing. Good thread! Smile

IC —
[html]
As he had been hoping, Dierdre was not interested in asking more about his family. He had been vague and reasonably enigmatic about it, and that, it seemed, was enough of a full stop. It was interesting to learn that she was built as strongly into the primary family of Storm as so many others were. In many ways, it made Tamerlane even more of an outsider... but that was not, strictly speaking, entirely possible.
[/html]