Easily forgotten
[html]

"CRAP!" Svara growled harshly shaking her hand blood streaking down the fingers she had sliced. Shaking the hand to releave it of the pain the healer quickly grabbed the red cloth from her wrist and wound it around the wound. It was eaily in the morning and the spring sun was shinning down on her red pelt. Warmth sank into her skin, but didn't let her forget the cuts she now sported on her hand after trying to remove thorns from the herbs she had collected.

A lot had accured in the small amount of time her life had changed. She lived with her mate and Firefly, also the blind Ruri, who Svara wasn't to sure about but treated her well enough. Dropping the herbs she had been stripping into the basket beside her Svara stretched after having sat there for a long amount of time. Her bones popped and creaked back into comfortable posistions and a sigh of content eased from her maw.

Grabbing her staff Svara looked around her with her one semi good eye. It wasn't perfect vision, but enough to know what was going on and who she was looking at. Her hair was still held up in a high pony tail on her head, the red hair having grown longer in the past month. As she stood there she wondered where her mate was, and Firefly for that matter. Why did it seem like she was alone so much of her time? Did she do it on perpuse? The red she wolf leaned on her staff and wondered what the future was going to bring them all.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... fenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

The warrior walked silently in the woods. She had left behind the boarders of Dahlia de Mai, passing into those unclaimed lands to patrol as she was accustom to doing. The wounds inflicted by Brennt had healed, leaving behind faint and even fainter traces upon her skin that hid beneath her fur. Her mind lingered momentarily upon Sankor and upon Ril’o, but only briefly did she allow herself to dwell on such things; social occurrences were not within her range of duty. Indeed, her being the Adonis had indeed required that she come to know each member, but Sankor had kept her away, and it was not her place to pry. It was her place to protect those of the pack, and so she had wandered once more into these unclaimed lands once more. Her senses alert, she searched now for Palindrome, but she searched also for her father, that ever present darkness within her mind. She wondered how near and how often he had come to the Dahlian boarders, making himself known to others save for herself. She felt that soon the time would come to confront him, but that time had not yet come.

For a moment the woman paused, sniffing the air and the leaves but finding no scent or trace of the missing pup. Bearing no weapon, the woman easily traveled through the woods, unencumbered by the weapons that could have been borne. Having passed by the trails that would lead to Halifax, the woman had considered traveling there, desiring the company of that male. And yet she had not, for she had her duties as well and it was not proper for her to display selfish desires and to set aside her obligation for such a thing. With a soft smile she had bypassed that concrete jungle. And now, moving through the forest, the woman caught another sent, a familiar scent that no longer belonged to her pack. For a moment, the woad marked warrior considered leaving, but there was a mild curiosity within that mind. She wondered how the girl fared, and she did not think that Svara would poise a threat so far from the packlands. Quietly, the woman followed that trail with the ease of a tracker, a thing she had acquired on her travels in the North.

She found the young woman leaning upon her staff. The woad bound maw caught the sent of fresh blood upon her, but it was not in a great amount. Cwmfen had approached from the front, silent and yet not unknown for the direct approach that had been made. The fluid movements of the warrior ceased at a comfortable distance as those white orbs looked upon the other she had once taken under her wing. There was a silence that she allowed to persist, unknowing of how the red hued girl would react. Quietly, without a smile, the woman called quietly, that soft melody dancing with golden feet upon the warm air. "It’s been a while." And indeed it had. Many events had transpired, some significant and others not. She was sure that the same could be said of the creature before her, but whether a quiet conversation would be allowed to persist was not up to her.

[/html]
[html]

Svara figured that the future was going to be something she wouldn't expect. Of course it was understandable after everything that had happened. Here she was with a mate and her best firend living in a cabin together, their numbers growing. The scent of her own blood made her shake her head and move to turn, until she caught the other scent that had been hidden until now. Her eyes widdened as Svara slowly turned back towards the woods and wasn't surprised as the words came out and the black female that soon followed. Those blue marks she knew so well stood out even with her bad vision.

For a second she didn't know how to react, then it seemed like it was all to simple. "I don't know what your talking about. Who are you?" Svara said in her husky voice sharp yellow eyes glaring coldly. She didn't know this women, she had know someone once who looked like her, but they were not the same person, none of them were. "If you need a healer I will assist you, if not please leave." She said it so simply her staff in one hand and her other hanging at her side a red cloth tied around it.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... fenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

For a moment, the black fae had expected the girl to leave, but it seemed as if her scent and her voice had caught her attention. She remained still, almost as lithic as her father could be. And yet there was movement—perhaps it was the movement, that calm, tranquil light of her soul, that moved within her eyes. The woman’s gaze was steady as she watched the reaction of the girl before her. For a moment, the woman did not respond, her gaze simply falling over the other’s form. Svara seemed healthy enough, and there were subtle changes to her form that came with maturity. It was different for the warrior to see the hair tied back, but she supposed that everyone had their preferences. Her own was cut short enough that such a thing were not an issue, and it was customary for warriors to keep their hair short anyway. While many of her battles (or perhaps all of them) had occurred while she had taken her lupus form, she did not doubt that one day she would be fighting in the form she now bore. The warrior did what she could to be prepared for the unexpected.

"I thought that you would have grown, Svara." The alto melody was quiet, not harsh and yet not amiable. It floated on the air until it too fell into silence. The white orbs had returned to that yellow gaze. Yes, the red hued girl before her had grown into woman hood, but the mind had not—or had it? Perhaps it was this that caused her social inability. For a moment, the warrior considered that not all adults had the obligation to reign in emotion as she had, and she knew that this were so. And yet... she felt that something was still missing of the girl’s character. She thought that it may have been that uncontrollable fire, that demeanor that had pushed her from the pack, the inability to see the consequences of her reaction. Or perhaps it was something else.

"You know that my loyalty is and will always be with Dahlia." She was silent once more. The woman did not doubt that her stand against her those moons ago had caused the other some sort of emotional response that had been strong enough to move her to return the gifted dagger. And the warrior did not deny that there had been some difficulty in what she had done. But the woman knew how to perform her duties, and she knew how to separate the martial and social lives that existed. For a moment, the woman lingered a moment longer. Then she said, "I do not require medical aid. At least not at the moment; several weeks ago she had. "If you wish, I will leave." And then she turned. Perhaps, she thought, it was better if Svara retained the distance she had made with her prior packmembers. Pausing, she turned to look back. "I’m glad to see that you have fared well."

[/html]
[html]

Svara's yellow eyes watched the stranger. She would reffer to her as a stranger, even in her mind, because what she had known in her past was gone, those people didn't exsist to her anymore. It was just now and the future. The womens words were insulting and made the she wolfs eyebrow raise. "You insult me when all I've done is ask you who you are?" The red female shook her head the long pony tail followed her head movement. "Don't speak as if you know me lady." The red girl leaned on her staff again out of habit.

Svara knew she could snap at her yell at her, but this was more fun. Letting them have no saticfaction was much more to her liking. In the end Svara knew she would never change, she would always be untameable and rude even evil at times. It was her nature and she used it and loved it. Just because she was the way she was didn't mean she wasn't smart or immature, just that she was simpily living life in her own way. A smirk lifted the corner of Svara's maw at the womens statement.

"Dahlia? Why should I care? Personally a pack isn't much of one if your only serving it for rank and petty loyalty." The healer snorted and brushed her bangs out of her face. "Tell me lady do you have a family there? Ones that love you? Cause loyalty doesn't keep you warm at night." She said with her husky voice. Twirling her staff in her hand she watched the women. "You can stay if you want, I don't care, but stop calling my by my first name. It's Thames." She chose to ignore the last remark on her well being. She was so tempted to tell the women how she would have liked to see her dead, but she didn't. Instead she turned her back on the women and sat back down by the basket and went back to the herbs watching the black and blue printed female. Her long pony tail swaying with her movements, and her yellow eyes sharp.

[/html]
[html]

500+

The woman was silent, choosing not to respond. The red hued girl was always at these games. It was as if that personality required the elicitation of an emotional response, but why such a thing was necessary would never be known to the warrior. She made the brief supposition that it must have been related to attention not given as a child, or perhaps it was because of the power that had been taken, before she moved from the subject. The black fae knew very little of the girl’s past, and she knew that it was highly unlikely that that would change. It was of no matter; the woman believed that, while the past did indeed help shape the personality of the present, it was the self that dictated how to react to the world. Some had stronger wills than others, able to shape their own life and destiny, while others had weaker wills, allowing the past to decide their own life. One was not better than the other; both were necessary for the other to exist, and it was this dichotomy, as all dichotomous things of the world, that created a balance, allowing the cycles of life and death to persist. Allowing for that necessary selection of the wild.

"I was Warrior before I was Adonis—my loyalty and duty has not changed, only the name," she replied quietly. And with that the woman allowed the matter to drop. There was no need to explain herself, especially when the girl would only continue to rebuke it with the ideals of her own mind, which were hardly stable. The woman paused then. Yes, she did love someone, but he was not with the pack. And she never expected him to change that fact; his duty was first and foremost to his mission, just as hers was to her pack. Love was merely a luxury that both could share when life allowed it. She understood this quite well. "The pack is the only family I have. Their protection is my responsibility." Corvus may have been her father by blood, he may have influenced much of her mannerisms through her childhood, or whatever she had had of it, but he was not family. And her mother was dead. "Is that why you left, to be with Leroy?" Her words were spoken with that quiet melody. She knew that the girl had caused some sort of disturbance with Haku, but that was not exactly what she was referring to. Perhaps the girl required that warmth at night. And, smelling both Leroy and Firefly (among other smells), upon her fur, the woman could only assume that the contentedness of the girl was due to that relationship.

The black fae turned to face the girl, but she did not sit, preferring to remain standing. The white orbs noted how the girl had adapted to her limited sight. The cut upon her hand was nothing—even those that could see made such mistakes. "Alright, Thames it is." Thames must have been her father’s name—many of this culture took the father’s surname as their own, she had noticed—for there was no doubt in her mind that she would abandon her mother’s name should it have been given. It had been, after all, Sabine Thames that had given those scars to the girl. "Is it a quiet life that you’ve lived out here," the woman began again, the white orbs momentarily scanning the terrain, "or has it been louder?" The woman did not think that the girl could even allow herself a little quietness, but she could never be sure. Perhaps they truly did not know one another.

[/html]
[html]

Svara didn't really like what the Adonis said to her, because in the end it was all bullshit. One time not long ago this shell of a women could have just said goodbye to her, instead she had ripped what little trust from her and crushed it with cold words and words of loyalty to a pack that was so unloyal it was sickening. Going about stripping the thorns from the branches again she kept listening to the women while keeping her hands safe from more wounds. This ebony women thought she had the answers to everything, she thought that she was the hight of intellagance, maybe she was, but in the end she lived in a pack of liers and cold hearted bastards and Svara lived with her family, her mate, adoptive mother, and now a blind girl who the red female could empathize with.

Her words only made the healer smirk. "What ever keeps you sane." She said with out looking up. Why was it that she thought she had obtained so much? Why did she think that you had to be so cold and calculated to be a worthy being? That was something about the ebony female that had always confused Svara and probably would forever. Her question did make the red she wolf look up. The tempting act to bare her teeth almost came up, but instead she just narrowed her yellow eyes. "Don't speak of my mate like you know him." She said simply a hidden note in her husky voice.

She had never left the pack, Haku Soul had made her leave. Even so Svara wasn't about to discuss it with the cold hearted bitch before her. The ebony female had no right to see the pain it had caused her, none of them did. Her mind drifted from that thought and to the womens question. "Yes it is quiet unless I don't make it that way. Though you'd think someone of your calabar of thinking would figure that out on your own." Svara's voice was flat and unamused as she got up and went to the deer pelt that had been tanning only a few feet away.

The skin was soft and almost ready to be finished, but not quit. Even with her back to the women Svara felt the air of arrogance that surrounded her. If anything her own sense of superiority pissed the red she wolf off. Not once had this women been falutered by her aditudes, and yet she had torn right through her with her cold words and indifferance after Svara had thought she had been more then that. Shaking her head her hand came up to her yellow eyes and she was surprised to find it wet. in the end Cwmfen's betrayl had hurt the worst, but what could you expect out of a mindless dog who only knew how to take orders.

Pulling herself back together took little effort since she hadn't been that much affected. "Why do you care about what my life is like anyways? I sure as hell could care less about your own." She said it with a slight smirk. Svara turned and focused on the women waiting for her to give some high and elequant words to blow up the ass.

[/html]
[html]

700+

"We’ve met outside the packlands—is that not enough to assess another?" The black fae did not presume to know Leroy—indeed that would have been far from the truth. But she had gotten to understand a bit about the male, and she knew that Svara would be fine with him. And now Svara was no longer a little girl, though at times her attitude would say otherwise. What little training the red hued girl had received from the Warrior would be enough to fend off most attackers, for most had little or no training themselves. But the woman did not think that Leroy would do such a thing. It would take great provocation for the husky to commit an injustice against the girl, she thought, even if it were from Svara herself. While the wounds upon Svara’s face had not been deserved, it had been of her own doing. The woad warrior wondered if the girl had learned to read others, or at least understand. Did she even try anymore? Cwmfen simply did not know.

A light smile flickered across her maw. Perhaps she should have known, but there were many things that the warrior did not understand. She was a simple wolf, and she understood things intimately and superficially. The black fae thought often in the silence of her solitude, but when interacting with others, physical engagement was often necessary for full understanding. It was just the way the warrior was. She had sought to understand the mechanisms of society, but in the end she would never fully understand because she had not been exposed to it during her childhood. It was that way of instinct and survival.

"You should know that each individual and each situation is unique—I cannot surely know anything." The warrior had believed that the girl would learn, that she could coexist with the pack in an amiable relationship. But that had obviously been an incorrect assumption. And Haku had tolerated none of it, even Cercelee had displayed little tolerance. And the warrior herself, who believed in discipline, did not tolerate insubordination. Haku had thrown the girl out and Cercelee had agreed. The warrior did not harbor and protect the enemies of the pack. And yet here Svara was not seen as an enemy because the Warrior protected nothing, prevented no threat. This was simply a candid conversation, and she had chosen to partake in it.

Cwmfen could not see the moisture that had accumulated within the girl’s eyes, nor could she smell the emotion that promoted it if only because it did not seem to exist. That gesture of the past was lost with the past, and the warrior saw only the back of the girl’s head. In the silence the woman watched the girl work, comfortable with those herbal responsibilities. The white orbs that had been watching the hands work lifted when she turned. "I was curious," the soft melody said, and for a moment it seemed as if that would be all. The steady gaze was held upon the yellow eyes, seeing many things, perhaps even hatred. "As warrior, I have very little concern for your wellbeing," she said at length, and her words, though not intending to be so, may have been a little harsh. "But I wondered how life was for an old friend." She was not obligated with the duties of her martial life within this span of time, for there was no threat being presented. Even though Svara had betrayed her trust by bringing banned dogs into her den and disrespecting the pack authorities, the warrior was able to allow such a thing to persist. It was not as strong as attachment, but it was a relationship she had known. Of course, she did not expect Svara to receive her words, but at least she had been able to see how it was that she fared.

"Look," the warrior said. "We’ve already established that we cannot understand one another, and you have expressed your disgust with what I do. But things never truly die. Even the soul persists." And perhaps the volatile behavior of the girl would push her away, but at least she could leave her with this last thought.

[/html]
[html]

As she looked at the female she could only hate her more. Being kicked out of Dahlia hadn't been a fault of her own, only who she was. Haku hadn't wanted to listen to her and so he got rid of her, that was the easiest thing for him. "No it's not, he is beyond your petty assessments." The healer said with a sharp tone. Going back to the herbs, she took out the comphor and put it down on the stone slab that she used to turn things into powder. Pushing a stone down onto the plant and starting to grind it it was dry from prior sunning the day before.

Svara chose to ignore Cwmfen's statment about unique situations. At the moment she was picking and choicing which things to respond to. The grinding of the two stones against the small plant was rythmic and soothing to the she wolf it gave her something to think on. The sable womens words made her look up and stop her task, yellow eyes deadly. "As Healer, I have very little concern for your existance." She said with a smirk before going back to her job set before her.

Did she think she could make it all better? Svara wondered if the female was in her right mind if she thought she was going to be her friend again. Her own words proved that she didn't understand and the red she wolf planned to set her straight. "I don't know who you are. Once I knew a wolf who looked similar, but she treated me like I was below her and worthless when I needed her most. So I returned an iteam I had cherished and with it any feelings I had for her. So no Cwmfen nic Graine we are not old friends and I don't expect to act as if we are." The red she wolf said with a deadly look.

Shaking her head svara stood and shoved a hand into her hair. How did she not understand it all? "You never understood me did you? I never was disgusted with what you did. No, what I was disgusted with was your contradictions. You said loyalty was everything to you, but with one even all loyalty and respect, maybe even love you showed me vanished. I hadn't even done anything to deserve it. Can you see my anger then? I didn't ask you to betray your pack for me, only just not attack me let me say goodbye to you." her hand was still pushed tensly in her hair.

[/html]
[html]

700+

The woad bound ears listened to the sound of that stone, reminded vaguely of her father’s laugh. The ghost of his existence seemed to follow her everywhere these days, excited by her own dread. But the girl’s voice broke into her thoughts once more, just as unpleasantly as it had before. "I do not pretend to know him fully, but it is not as if I don’t know him at all." And that was merely what she had meant. She knew simply that Leroy, and even Firefly, would take care of Svara—and perhaps they would be cared for by Svara and her Healer’s tendencies. The diction ‘petty’ reminded her momentarily of Sankor. It seemed as if many wolves were experiencing low behaviors these days. But she did not know how to remedy such a thing.

The black fae raised an eyebrow slightly. "As Healer, the wellbeing of the existence of all creatures should very much be your concern." The soft melody had a hint of something sharp like a claw against a soft surface, but like some claws, it was immediately retracted back into the softness of her voice. But she did wonder at the girl. Did she not take her Healer’s duties seriously? She supposed that she would not be able to count on Svara should she require medical aid while in this area. At least there were some that she knew that would be reliable. Bane had already saved her life, and that was with more skill than most Healers within these lands had. And yet she had seen and smelled very little of the black wolf these several weeks—or had it already been a moon? The white orbs watched the girl. Perhaps she had taken up far too much responsibility than she could handle. But the warrior was not her mother and she was no longer her superior; Svara was simply no longer her responsibility.

And then the woman was silent. She listened to what the red hued girl said, and she spoke for a great length. What words were spared were perhaps more than what had been said while they had been on good terms. Perhaps this simple fact was enough to allow her to know the extent of the impact of her actions upon the girl. But the woman could not be moved. She already knew where she stood. She knew what her beliefs were and, she knew what her duty was. While there was remorse within her—and she had felt it most keenly within that moment several moons ago—she did not act upon it now. Already Svara had chosen to reject the amiable nature she had extended moments before, and the woman could not force it to be otherwise.

"You had been cast from the pack; without permission, you had crossed the boarders of our lands. You disrespected the Rosea, and such a thing—to me—is inexcusable. And I simply upheld the laws of the pack." She paused for a moment before continuing. "You act as if you are the only one who has been wronged." The white orbs held her gaze steadily, unperturbed by the angry look she was given, having seen more potent looks from many enemies. But she paused because she did not know whether the girl would understand. "You disrespected the pack, and thus you have disrespected me. You disrespected the words of the Rosea, and thus you have disrespected me. You have betrayed the efforts and the friendship that I had given you—you threw it all away, and for what? For the heat of a single moment?" The woman paused once more—she did not expect the girl to understand. "I am a simple wolf, Svara, and I expect very little. But what little I have expected you have pushed away. Despite this, I came today with an open mind, willing to have even a little of the friendship that once existed, but I see that you do not desire this." There was no sadness within the woman’s voice. She spoke as if to explain or as if contemplating. "I do not expect you to understand, and I know that I cannot fully understand you. But at least you know."

[/html]
[html]

Grinding her teeth she wanted to leave the women standing there. She wanted so bad to yell and let the lump of rage go. Always the anger was inside her no matter what she did. Fixing her pony tail her yellow eyes gazed at the women who stood across from her. A headache was building listening to her words. It was like she could win with this women, in the end she had been leading up to their broken relationship. Svara shook her head as the women continued on coldly her emotions either hidden or nonexistant.

"No Cwmfen as a healer I take away others pain so they don't have to feel like I do, seeing others happy gives me hope that maybe I will one day to. But I don't have to care about their existance, my reasons for being what I am is selfish but it saves others pain so what does it matter?" Her yellow eye seemed to question her heart thudding painfully in her chest. Her breath came into her lungs slowly as she gazed at the sable women silently.

"Your right I went against Haku's words. I deserved your backstabbing treatment because I came to collect my things and say goodbye to you. I deserved it after your immature white bitch of a leader wouldn't show me sympathy. You cowards act like I killed someone, when in the end you just didn't like my nasty nature." Svara chuckled grimmly. "I was truely upset at loosing your company, what a fool I was. I understand your loyalty Cwmfen, but your treatment wasn't needed. That white bitch is quit capable of defending herself against me.........for now." Svara moved to her herbs and grabbed a small bag where compressed drugs for her headaches were kept. She popped the pills to chase away the pain.

"You want to give me another chance you say, fine, I'll take your chance Nic Graine. Let me become a mute this time or better yet why not just put a dagger through my chest, oh wait can't do that gave that back to you." She said sarcasticly. Grinding her teeth again she took in a deep breath. "I won't be sorry for going back, and I don't expect you to be sorry for your loyalty, I guess we're both stubborn Ehh?" Sitting down she leaned against the cabin wall. When would it end?

[/html]
[html]

You can either have Svara follow her or we can end the thread, ^=^ Cwmfen doesn’t have much reason to stay any longer, ^=^
500+

"It matters very much so." That voice was quiet, almost inaudible as a quiet smile flickered over her maw. But neither gesture presented an amiable nature. Her white orbs regarded the girl. It seemed as if she were describing psychological treatment, as a psychiatrist (like Sankor, she thought immediately) might promote. And the healing of the body was quite different from the healing of the mind, but she supposed that metaphorically she could understand what the girl was trying to express. And of course, through such a thing, the only creature gaining such satisfaction would be the Healer herself. Her patients would simply be allowed to live more comfortably, but the troubles would not be chased away. The Healer’s troubles would not be chased away. It was ironic that the girl sought such a thing when she brought such pains upon herself. Like Firefly, she could not see past her own ego. But then, that must have been why they so easily clicked together. At least they had one another.

Everyone in the world had betrayed Svara. For a moment, the woman simply nodded once, as if understanding what the girl had just said. It had been a long speech, but she had already heard what the girl was saying, and reiteration did not change the woman’s view. A soft smile touched her lips, a little warmer this time. "I suppose so," was all the woman said. There was really nothing more for her to say. Indeed, they were both stubborn. But at least she was willing to see the other side; at least she had seen it and understood why the girl held such resentment against her. And the warrior had every right to return that feeling, to make it mutual. Yet she had been able to move on, to flow past that bump as easily as the water or wind. But like fire, the girl was stuck, a constant force that destroyed everything about her. The red hued girl was like that one tale where everything that was touched was turned to gold, a precious but cold and empty thing.

The white orbs watched the yellow eyes for a moment longer before she shifted her weight. "I have seen what I have come to see." The soft melody floated on the wind before the woman turned her back upon the girl, returning to the path upon which she had been traveling. Before she disappeared into the trees, the woman turned back, pausing those fluid movements for a moment longer. "I’m glad to see that you’ve fared well." Her words held a formal quality, as if she had retracted the hand of amiability that had been offered. "Good bye, Svara." For once, the woman believed that ‘Thames’ was too formal for the situation and reverted back to her first name. As the golden toned voice faded into silence, so too did the woman fade into the trees, leaving behind the girl and her troubles that recoiled at her touch.

[/html]