I'll introduce you to my friends in the future
[html]

Private, Gael.

........ She was very content. One cage was full. Zana had proved to be a worthy ally. Even though she had enough, it did not hurt with a few extra rodents. She imagined a more satisfactory effect with this. She just needed a week and then the last thing. She needed an individual. The girl had read quite a few books, and there was a scene from one of the creepier ones that she could not let go of that easily. It was of course bound to be someone outside of Inferni, but the girl did not know the lands nor its inhabitants, so she assumed she would need a bit help with picking out someone. It would probably take some time, so she silently wondered why she was not already out there scouting for an assistant.

The girl was placed outside the house in the eastern part of the clan’s territory, a cage, containing three rats, by her feet. The sunlight hidden behind heavy clouds had yet to let go of its contents, so she had been out checking the traps she had set out. Three had bore fruit, the rest had remained empty. She would come back tomorrow. The Lykoi girl crunched down and poked a finger into the cage. The creatures seemed slightly stressed, and reacted by grouping together in the opposite corner of their prison. That would change. Halo knew just how to take care of her little pets.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ltable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Perhaps it couldn't be considered "simple", but he was a member: he was a piece of Inferni. The first step of his slowly blossoming plan was already placed comfortably where it belonged. The next step was, of course, to learn what it was to be a member of something again. Gaël had been a bright-eyed wanderer even at a young age, taking to the trails with his siblings in search of their one-eyed father before they could have accustomed themselves to the ranks of Aube de Musique or grown used to pack life as an adult. Though still a yearling, Gaël knew his responsibilities and intended to follow them, earning the trust of his comrades and the like, while still learning to fight... Small, tedious things. He had a job to do, and he was being held back by such small things. He hated it, but admitted nothing.

It had only been a day, maybe two; he'd lost track. The hybrid had slept quite a bit extra since his arrival and acceptance, resting assured that he was safe and no longer encouraging himself to sleep lightly and on edge for intruders out in the wilderness. Meandering was what naturally followed next: Gaël strode comfortably, tall on his two feet, turquoise eyes searching every which way. To think he would become a part of such an infamous clan... it was frightening and exciting all at once, to be a part of something great and foreboding.

As he stepped around a house of some sort, the yearling spotted the apparent coyote girl at work. The boy froze mid-step, watching her carefully, before hesitating to speak up and carefully approach. "What are you doin'?" the boy said in his typical, soft-spoken tone (a bit mismatched for a creature his size).

[/html]
[html]

edit; Crap

........ The girl was not pleased when she saw the individual approach her. She stood up and served him a watchful glare, rodents forgotten about for a moment. Her gaze ran over his body, and she felt a foul mood catch hold of her. A wolf? Due to her own wolf genes, she was rather large for a female coyote, but he was even larger, and she wanted to call out ‘wolf’. Although she was mostly wolf, her appearance his much of it well, and only her size revealed her mixed blood. A part of her lip lifted slightly to reveal a vampire fang, but the girl did not dive into true hostility just yet. She inhaled his scent, but the scent of Inferni was weak on him. Dark ears folded slightly backwards, and her ruby glare finally reached up to his turquoise eyes again, firm and strangely cold for such a heated colour.

”You look like a little wolfie.” the girl determined smoothly, watching the older male sceptically. The relaxed pose in his body suggested that these lands held no threat to him. ”Actually; a large wolfie.” she corrected, taking a few steps forward so that she could more easily determine their differences in height. Her tail moved slowly behind her, adopting the movement of a wary serpent.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table4.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

At the opposite's sharp, terrible gaze that was quickly sent his way, Gaël stopped in his tracks and rethought his intentions. He'd known that the coyotes and hybrids of Inferni weren't always the kindest of creatures -- he considered himself lucky to have been approved of by Ryan -- but the circlet-eyed hybrid boy had forgotten how terribly he took after his father in appearance. The look he received from the female was one of the darkest looks he could remember turning his way; Gaël stood still a moment, blinking in an overwhelmed innocence when she sized him up and muttered her observations. If nothing else, he was grateful she noticed their difference in size, and hopefully thought of him as being far from harmless as a result.

The boy furrowed his brows, breathed in, and cleared his throat assertively. "My dirty rapin' fahder made me dis," Gaël scowled, though his turquoise eyes glowed to no end. It was real anger he felt then, not something forced as he'd tried before. "I'm de son of a coyote mudder. I didn't ask to look like dis, red-eyes." Needless to say, he wasn't all too wise with English slang -- he knew of nothing more intimidating to call her. Daringly moving a few steps closer, he fisted his hands at his sides and returned his circlet eyes to the rats. "Gaël is my name."

[/html]
[html]

edit; Crap

........ Her gaze has seemed to stun him for a moment before he chose to reply to her words. A dirty raping father. Did this mean that he was unhappy about his solid looks? The girl could easily understand that. The average wolf was unattractive in her eyes because she had been manipulated to despise the race, so she only flashed a pitiful smile in his direction, understanding. The girl found his words slightly accusing when the wolf decided to throw in red-eyes as her new nick name. Her gaze darkened slightly, dark crimson seeping into the bright scarlet. This was a bitter soul, but it was not her fault that he looked like filth, nor what had happened to his parents. ”Such an angry little wuffer, are we?” she taunted darkly, a light irritation tracing her words. His name, however, was pretty.

She hesitated for a moment, before deciding to make this into a conversation. ”And of course you avenged your mother?” the girl teased, although hoping this was exactly what the boy had done. She wished she could have done the same thing. Her mother’s sin was weakness, and it was a shame she still lived. If she came back, Halo would show her mother that her daughter had inherited the true colours of the magnificent bloodlines from the father. Although. The girl felt slightly lonely now when her father’s reputation had come forth and proved that he was full of lies. Her opinion of her sire was at the moment hazy and biased.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table4.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She toyed with him; he recognized it, but his half-hearted insult had struck a chord somewhere. Her eyes shifted, her aura changed. Some bitterness that rested beneath briefly surged and seethed and the words she hissed reflected the venomous emotions of her own that surfaced instead of his. The hybrid was tempted to call her on that and mock her instability, but he did not -- he knew better. Throwing words back and forth would only make things worse, and if he was going to end up the single trusted wolf-looking phenomenon in the Inferni clan, Gaël had to cap his own issues and suit himself to theirs. Of course, he had yet to fully figure out how to do that yet, and so his building rage was only mildly withheld: "Yah, I am," he growled, thinning his burning, tainted blue eyes at her. "You can't change what I look like any bedder den I can," he frowned, anger subsiding. The conversation had moved on to more saddening things.

Turquoise eyes shot away, glaring at the darkness of the soil through the thick, unyieldingly black locks that hung down like men at the gallows. "We tried," parted shining daggers from his dark-rimmed jowls. "My brudder and sister and I. I tried to kill my dad and he t'rew me aside... so I came here to learn how to fight." And then I'll try again.

[/html]
[html]

---

........ She had wondered if the teasing could make the wolf dangerous, but his answer held the soft vibration, and his eyes thinned and she only mirrored his facial expression, her cheekiness coming further forth. Maybe that was why Inferni was what it was. Many seemed to come from broken homes. She too, had a sad childhood hanging dimly in the past, although she did not fully recognize the nature of it. Her father had fucked her up enough to keep her from judging herself and her life. She just rode along with the rapid waves and sought to create her own typhoons when the time was right.

........ He liked her features though, his clear eye colour and his unique colouration. It almost made up for the fact that he looked more than a wolf than anything. However, he was less of a wolf than her, but the girl was the one that had been lucky with her appearance. In every way. If she had been untainted, she could have been a truly beautiful being. However, she was already rotten to the core. Her ivory teeth flashed at him in a frown when he spoke of failure. Three siblings and they failed overthrowing a single individual?

........ Doing something about it to get it right in the future was a good way to handle the defeat. Learning martial art was also something she should strive for, as she found too much confidence in her guns, which was far from a good thing. ”So he lives here, in ‘Souls?” she wondered, a delicate warmth blooming in her chest. Just a few weeks and her pets would be in the shape she wanted them in. A light smile graced her lips once again, her ruby gaze warming up slightly to offer a few drops of friendliness.

[/html]
[html]

It was strange how her personality shifted, how her distrusting gaze subsided like it was nothing. Perhaps he had said something she liked or something she deemed his presence worthy for, but the typically oblivious Gaël didn't try to identify what was going through her mind. Instead, he watched as her expression mirrored his scowl briefly, quieted, and frowned something that looked vaguely sympathetic. She was thinking about something he'd said for quiet some time, a riot of emotions unconsciously fleeting through her eyes that he noticed and silently identified.

When her attention returned, however, her voice had altered to a more comfortable level, devoid of the derogatory harshness it had contained before. A darkness still crept about beneath, of course, but Gaël was initially expecting the same out of most Inferni members. "Yes," the boy's accent stuttered. "He leads a pack. My sister joined it to watch him." It was at this point that the yearling realized she'd become comfortable with him rather fast -- how did she know he wasn't making up the whole thing? Surely Inferni wasn't so gullible, but he was of a genuine enough character that most people took him seriously either way. "Why you ask?" The boy said slowly, tipping his head to the side.

[/html]
[html]

---

........ So his father was the leader of a pack. How dull. The girl merely watched as the few, short sentences leaked out of him, carried by the odd accent. Her face tilted slightly downward to gaze at the lovely creatures in the cage by her feet. She would have to get more, because she was rather fond of the saying ‘the more the merrier’. The girl did not have a whole lot of real life experience in cruelty, but she saw her multiple theories and plots mature enough for some tryouts. More than anything, she wanted to prove herself to Inferni, to the dog that led the clan. It had felt like he had seen right through her, as if she was nothing more than air. He had claimed her father to be worthless. She did not want to ponder what Gabriel might already be thinking of her.

........ It did not occur to the girl to distrust the older male’s words, and if it actually was truth, she did not consider it as rude to intrude on personal matters between a father and his children. When he questioned her interest, the girl let her eyes travel back to linger on his figure. ”I’m curious?” she suggested with a light, questioning tone in the soft melody. She was fresh with no black list to choose her victims from, so could she not pick an individual from his? ”Tell me about him. Where does he live?” Her youthful eagerness never seemed to fail, and she wanted to stride out to learn more straight away, now when she might have an individual to play with.

[/html]
[html]

Gaël was young, but he was no idiot; the yearling knew suspicion like the back of his hand. Gaël straightened his back and frowned at the girl, dark ears erect. All senses suddenly flicked on the alert as if some sort of danger switch had been toggled. The boy's face became gravely serious, though no anger lurked within his eyes. Her excuse rang dull, rapidly skinned of its forced honesty in the boy's sharp wit, but her feminine charms only worsened the situation.

Instead, the boy broke his stone-faced expression with a slow, smug smile that melted his features all around. "Let's not talk about him, he is boring," Gaël offered, shrugging his shoulders dismissively. "Je regrette, I did not get your name... or why you raise small animals." He had a bit of masculine charm; the boy was aware that he was not bad to look at, but rarely did he find reason to use such manners. On most occasions, Gaël was rather oblivious, after all.

[/html]
[html]

---

She disliked the way he frowned at her, as if she had done or said anything wrong. It all started with curiosity, because more often than not, amusement and fun would be found if one knew how to work things out. His frown vanished and was replaced with something more pleasant, but the girl’s face had already cooled off. His words disappointed her, and she did not make an effort out of hiding it. Was that all? He had been doing quite well and then he had failed. ”Fine,” the girl determined quietly, although her tone suggested otherwise. If he wanted to drift over to other boring subjects, then whatever.

”My name is Halo.” It was nothing wrong with granting him permission to use her name. Although it had a fine sound to it, she rather disliked her name. It was ironic, because no halo would ever appear above her head because it would instantly fall down around her neck and tug her to the ground. Colibri Soul might have had something better in plan for her youngest litter, but that dream had died when Vitium finally decided that he wanted a part in his children’s lives. It was all so fucked up, and although she had banished this fact from her thoughts for now, she was severely disappointed with her sire. So many magnificent stories, but he had been so fucking full of lies.

About the use of small animals, why would he care? Quite some canines seemed to enjoy keeping pets, so why would she be any different? Of course, she did not collect the rodents because she enjoyed having pets to care for. No, the true reason was a bit darker. ”I like to keep pets like every other person?” the girl suggested stiffly, obviously still sulky because he had dismissed the topic she had wanted to gain information about.

[/html]
[html]
Sorry. No muse lately.

She was a bit of a torrent, this Halo; her mannerisms mixed and intertwined in such an uncomfortable fashion that he could not bring himself to forge even the slightest bit of trust for her. Gaël supposed it was natural, as the she-thing had snapped at him quickly and shown no immediate mercy for his appearance. The yearling was naturally going to be put on edge for the remainder of their meeting, however long it would be, though he found his willingness to discuss with her rapidly waning. It was not that he did not like her... well, maybe it was that. The boy was hardly paying attention to such things running through his head.

Her name was rather ironic. It rubbed him the wrong way, but Gaël found some sort of smile regardless. "Halo... Short and sweet," he made some sort of chuckle, for a lack of something better to add. She sunk a little when it came to talk of her little pets, but for some reason the yearling expected it. "I do not keep pets. I do not know anyone who keeps pets."

[/html]
[html]
(300+)

There was little wrong about being wary of strangers. It was annoying how he seemed to want to keep the information to himself, as if she was not worthy to get hold of such things. He had already said enough for her to be able to seek out the father eventually, but that interest had died down rather quickly, so it was actually alright that he had refused to share. Being the wolfy boy he was, he should be able to deal with the problem himself. She went back to ponder about some of the boy’s earlier words. Three versus one? They had still lost? She chuckled lowly under her breath, amused by the thought. So he had joined Inferni to learn to fight, was that it? No other reason. Well, that too could be a reason to join the clan, she supposed. Why would someone put so much devotion into killing another beast for something that had been done in the past? Vitium had failed his children horribly and partly fed them lies. Now he deserved death, but this was only if he drew near enough. Halo had her own life to live, and would focus on this instead of a past where a lot could have been different and better if it had not been for her father.

The girl only stared at him when he sort of complimented her name. It was a strange and unfitting name. She would never deserve a halo over her head, that thing she knew well. It was her mother’s doing, that was her only excuse. She started to feel a bit weird about the boy, and she wondered exactly how long he would plan to stay around. If this forced conversation was simply involuntary, then she would rather be left alone than go through the torture together with him. ”Then you do not know many people.” the girl replied back. This was not the normal kinds of pets, but she would of course not enlighten him what she really planned to use them for. He struck her as perhaps not an ideal Inferni member to float around, because it seemed to her from his words that he was here to help himself and little else. She brushed the thoughts away quickly, unwilling to judge him further merely based on her own suspicions.

[/html]