Come... Listen
[html]

300+

Maldrid was in his room now, laying on his back and being left alone to his thoughts. He loved being in the mansion, it kept out all the bad memories of the wilderness from him. It was wierd at first to get used to being in a building where the sounds of the outside were nonexistent. Having a soft surface to sleep on was something that took some getting used to, but Maldrid found it to his liking. Also having a room to himself provided him with privacy when he wanted, and the seclusion was welcome when playing a song at times. Maldrid didn't feel that his room was the proper place to play his music now. He wanted to hear what his music sounded like in a larger room.

Maldrid got up from laying down and grabbed his lute and placed the strap of his recorder around his neck. He felt now that he should play some music in the open for anyone else who cared to listen. Maldrid pushed the door of his room open and walked along the hallway until he got to a flight of stairs and went down them. He walked along into the parlor of the mansion. Perfect, Maldrid thought. Maldrid went to the nearest chair to where he was, sat down, and started to play a song on his lute.

Maldrid started to play a cheery tune to himself, letting his fingers flow along the instrument. The notes went throughout the previously silent parlor. This song he wrote was about the springtime when the warmth was returning to the land. It told, through the notes, of the snow melting and green grass growing around as far as the eye can see. It depicted the birds songs during the morning and their gentle flight through the trees. The calming trickle of a stream that passed by the viewer and the sweet feel of the sun on ones face.

[/html]
Flayra was in the library, reading a book that was about the Asian continent and cultures. Next to her at the table was a stack of four other books, which were about Europe, plants, medicine, and wolf anatomy. She read the words that explained in both English and the Cantonese, Mongolian, Indian, and Japanese texts. There were images that showed certain buildings and people of the cultures. Seeing the buildings, she was fascinated by the building structure and the design of the roofs and side of the buildings. India had markets before the time of metal, China, Japan, Mongolia had finely crafted roof tiles and wooden frames that held to tiles. Closing her eyes, she imagined back to those times, standing on the ground of what she thought it would have been, seeing people go by and through her. Looking around, she was seeing the buildings of what was from her mind. She was currently in her mind, seeing the what the was in her eyes. She came back to the real world where she was looking at the book. She closed it and put on the other four books that was next to her. She was amazed that the humans were great crafters and designers of cultures most breathtaking.

Standing up while pushing the chair away from the table, the girl started to walk out of the library, not bothering to put the books back. She probably should have put them back so no one else would have to, but she was coming back to look at some more books. Coming out the door and turning to the direction of the parlor, some notes of music reached her ears, making them perk up. She followed the trace that seemed to be getting louder as she approached the origin of the sound. Coming to the parlor, the girl saw that Maldrid was playing a song. It was beautiful. The sound was hypnotic, making her start her legs moving in a dance form. With each step, the girl danced about to the sound of the music notes emitted from the musical instrument. She dove into her mind again, seeing cherry blossom trees surrounding her with Maldrid sitting under one. She was wearing a beautiful cherry blossom color dress, dancing around as the blossoms fell from the trees, showering her and Maldrid. Her mind created some drum sounds that would go good with the sound Maldrid was playing. She spun and lifted her arms along with the music. It wasn't ballet. It was more of a Japanese Diva dancing style. She saw those in the book that she just read about Asia.

With this great sound and her mind creating things that she wanted to see, she hoped it wouldn't end. It seemed to be like that this world that she made was what she hoped was real. She never experienced this in real life. Thinking about it was anticipating. However, she knew that it wouldn't, but she hoped one day that this would ahppen in real life. She froze her position as the sound stopped reaching her ears. She knew that the song was over. She shifted her sight from the thing that her mind showed her to Maldrid in real life, making her thought up world vanish. "That... was beautiful."
[html]

When Maldrid finished playing his song he heard a voice say to him, "That was beautiful." It seems like everyone I meet says that to me, Maldrid thought. He then looked up from his instrument and saw a familiar face. It was Flayra again. It seemed that wherever he went recently that Flayra wouldn't be far off. Maldrid chuckled at this fact, it was only a coincidence that he saw her so often.

"Why, thank you," Maldrid said, "I've had a few years to practice playing my instruments. If you had all the evenings by yourself that I had with nothing but your instruments then you'd find that you would have the same ability eventually." Maldrid put aside his lute and took the recorder that was around his neck and started to play it. He played a song that told a story of one who had been traveling across a great distance and how that person had eventually arrived at his destination.

[/html]
Flayra looked at Maldrid as he looked up Flayra, thanking her for her compliment about the song. The song was indeed beautiful. She liked it. It helped her imagine her own alternative world that resided only in her mind. The song would be the theme for it and Maldrid would be the music man. "So you were alone mostly with your instruments? And you taught yourself to play them? To make sounds so beautiful?"

The girl sat down on the wooden floor as the male began another song on his recorder that was around his neck. Placed her elbows on her crossed legs, putting head on her palms as she gave a little smile as she listened to the song. She closed her eyes and imagined of what the song would have meant. In her mind, she was wondering on a path with a long wooden staff and a travel bag, going somewhere. Coming over a hill, she saw that place she was heading for. She approached this place with great anticipation, being greeted by those who were there, shaking hands with them. She left her mind, opening her eyes to look upon the male as he continued his song.
[html]

Maldrid thought back on his past. It was true that he was alone to his music and his thoughts. Some of the songs that he wrote were based off of his thoughts whenever he got the chance to think to himself. Maldrid had spent many hours playing his instruments to himself which in turn made him very skilled at what he did. Since he had been getting bored of the original songs that he had put into his memory, he had decided to write his own songs. This kept things fresh and interesting where music was concerned.

Maldrid stopped playing his recorder and said, "I didn't exactly teach myself to play these. It would have taken a long time to learn, maybe even years, what I know now. I was taught by another wolf by the name of Tanis. He's the reason that I have a good bit of the knowledge I have now." Maldrid took a deep breath and played some more music. This one was in memory of his old pack. Maldrid didn't want to go back because there was sure to be a change in the leadership in the years that he was gone.

[/html]
[html]

Flayra was alone too some time ago. If it wasn't for Dahlia, she would still be alone. Well, there would have been Crimson Dreams, but she didn't if they were accepting newcomers back then. Flayra and Maldrid had somethings in common. They were both alone, and someone cared for them for a short amount of time. Flayra politely as he explained about his music talent and as he began to start playing his music again. Flayra seemed to be comforted by his sounds of his instruments.

The girl began to wonder into her mind again as the song was inspiring again. She started to wonder about her past, and what would happen in her future. She things to learn and to understand before advancing further in life.

[/html]
[html]

Maldrid continued to play. The notes coming out of him as if he were just a conduit to some other-worldly force that was inspiring him to create music. By now Maldrid was just improvising a song, letting the notes go high and low. Maldrid loved doing this from time to time. It provided opportunities for writing songs. It seemed that he had so many, pent up in the vast music library in his head.

With them both being in a large room such as this, the music echoed and reverberated through it filling it with the music's sweet sound. Maldrid, from the eyes of another, looked as if he was going into a trance-like state. Maldrid closed his eyes and let his fingers travel along the recorder playing different notes. Whatever came to him, Maldrid played.

[/html]
[html]

The girl sat there and continued to listen to the older males song from his instrument. In her mind she was putting words together that would fit the mixed notes of the instrument that went along the wave of low to high notes. There was one song that could go along with the song he was playing. She put the song together from the stories that her mother told her and from the experiences from her journey. With a soft voice, she sang,

"Crimson lights the sky, the bird still asleep
Like a dream it shines, from heaven's safe keep
Children's songs we sung, as soft as the breeze
Endless fields, our home, I long for those days

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face
I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love
See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below
I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky
Watching me, watching you"

Flayra stopped for a split moment to let the song go on. With singing, there was always a moment when that the instruments play a tune. This song she put together was beautiful, it would go better with a piano, but a recorder
will do well.

"Silent black, the dawn, and time tell its tale
Darkened blood, it flows, the forest receives
Look within the dark as deep as you dare
There inside you find destruction you seek

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face
I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love
See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below
I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky
Watching me, watching you

[/html]