gone fishing
The girl fell into the stream, annoyed, the finned rival had gotten away once again. She climbed out of the stream with her blue eyes glowing with anger and determination, "three to one" she muttered to herself, counting the score between her and the aquatic nemesis.

She had been "fishing" all afternoon to help cure her boredum, after about an hour of paitience she had caught one, but soon her ego had caught up with her and she had been battling with a slightly bigger morsal, only to be put in her place not only once, but three times. She moaned in frustration and began to combed through her hair to untangle it, and to try and gain back some composure

Ringing out her tail with her hand and knocking out the water in her ears, she tied back her blue-highlighted/ ravyn-black hair with some blue ribbon she had found in the near by brush and setting her small golden locket aside, she prepared herself for another battle with her gilled rival
Ty had been out near the stream taking a nap near a tree. Now that he had become part of the pack and wasn't exactly given a daily task to do, he didn't really have to do anything to really do besides run around the countryside, explore, and sleep, so it's what he did every day. He knew he'd get bored of it eventually, but right at the moment, it was relaxing. He'd been doing nothing but surviving, fighting, and working for so many months, some rest and relaxation did him good. His chest rose and fell softly as he slept, the sun shining off his short, fuzzy golden-orange fur, almost glimmering slightly, his youth appeared most in his coat then any other feature. He had explored a lot of the old terrain today, seeing more of his old memories and whatnot, by the time he got here, he was ready for a nap.

However, his sleep was disturbed by some nearby splashing, and he awoke with a small start when the water hit his face. He stirred and groaned slightly as his sight slowly came into focus, shielding his face now from the rather annoying sunlight. After blinking a few times and rubbing his eyes, he finally noticed a wolf, one younger then him. splashing around in the water. He then sat up and sighed, although he was upset he was awakened, but he knew there was no reason to be mad at her, she obviously hadn't even seen him there.As he awoke more he noticed she seemed to be battling something in the water, he could vaguely see the figure of a fish in the water trying to get away from her.

After stretching his body and rising groggily to his feet, he slowly lumbered over to the side of the stream, and simply watched the young girl fight with the fish. He didn't really say anything, no need to surprise her. He chuckled though when he watched her get out the the water, quickly groom herself, then jump right back in.

When she got back into the water, Ty finally spoke out. "Are you having fun?" He asked with a small snicker.
Rendall froze, she didnt realize that there had been any wolves around here, she figured that they would have popped up sooner or later but she had been here for hours. She turned around and noticed a male, older than her, but not as old as her foster father, Sitting next to the stream, he seemed as though he had just woken up.

She quickly moved from the water and regained her once again soaked hair into a pony tail and retied it with the ribbon.She transformed back into her fully four-pawed self to talk to him,"Oh, um...hello, i didnt see you there....how long have you been there?"

She frowned at her apperence, she looked like a drowned cat, she glared back at the stream and noted to herself "four to one" Rendall turned her attention back to the male, she smelled Pheonix vally on him so she was not to alarmed by his apperance out of no where She looked around to see how she couls have possably missed him...his fur was orange, golden almost he must have highlights in his fur too ( though his seemed to be alittle more normal than hers) well it didnt matter any how
"Probably before you even got here." Ty responded as he noticed her glaring at the pond, at the fish swimming around and mumbling something like a score of some sort. He was intrigued by her actions, it seemed she was making a game about catching fish. He chuckled, that was a game somewhat like he played when he was a kid. He would catch birds though, he'd hide in the bushes until a bird landed near him, then attempt to pounce on it, with very little success. "Hello, I'm Tyrone, new pack member, old resident of phoenix valley. You can call me Ty." He said with a light youthful toothy grin

"So....trying to catch fish huh?" He asked as he walked over to the stream and looked into the crystal clear waters, seeing the countless meaty morsels almost dancing with the small current. He licked his lips with hunger, as it had been a while since he ate. Turning to Rendell, he curiously asked before returning his gaze to the stream "How many have you caught?"
She smiled at him and blushed, she had been so caught up in trying to find out where he came from that she forgot to introduce herself, how careless of her, she regained her composer and face the golden male again " I am Rendall, forgive me for not introducing myself, i was....distracted..." it was nice to meet another new member to the clan, she herself was new and was having a bit of a hard time fitting in, she didnt mind though, most wolves that she had met were very kind to her.

She looked at the stream in answer to his question...." Yes ive been trying to catch one all day to cure my boredum, i've caught one already but it seems that i dont have the patience for another" she smiled brightly inspite of herself, she really was impatient
"It's alright, I can see that." Ty said as he indeed noticed how wet she truly was from all the splashing around, she indeed smelled like wet dog, but he didn't mind. He stepped into the nice cool water as well as he talked with her, lightly nodding as she explained on how she had only caught one fish. He grinned as he felt the cool water hit his body, it felt refreshing, relaxing, but he could feel the fish tickle along his leg as he walked. Listening more, he looked back to her and chuckled. "Well...patience is key to catching fish...believe me, I would know." He chuckled lightly. "when I was out on my own for the past two months, I fished a lot...it's all timing and precision." He turned down to the pond.

"The key is to not disturb the fish before you make your move, they feel every movement near them in the currents, anything that seems unbalanced will disturb them." He said as he suddenly stood motionless. Looking down, he raised one of his hands and simply waited. He stood still for about two or three minutes, he tried not to move a muscle, course he was young, so it was hard and the fish did get ruffled and move away a few times. However, after a while, he suddenly drove his hand into the water with lightning fast speed, and pulled out a fish, wriggling in his hands. "see?" He said as he held the fish. However, he didn't have a good grip on it, and it simply slipped out of his hands. Chuckling, he let it go and shrugged. "Well, I'm not perfect at it, but at least I picked the thing up, the key is patience."
Xeris padded softly towards the two others, curious as to what they were doing. She'd heard quite a bit of splashing, and wanted to find out what was happening. She cocked her head to the side slightly, watching as the male plunged his hand into the water and caught a squirming fish. She saw as the other female's face lit up, watching carefully. Xeris was curious, as she hadn't officially met either of these two pack members yet. So, she headed over to see what was going on.

"Hi there," Xeris said. "Fishing, I see? This looks like fun! Mind if I join you?" Still in her lupus form, as she most enjoyed, she splashed into the stream paws-first. "Oh, sorry, I probably scared the fish." She grinned sheepishly at the other two. "Oh, and my name's Xeris. I haven't seen either of you around before. But then again, I am kind of new here. Nice to meet you!"

Xeris was suddenly distracted by a fleeting movement and the sparkle of scales in the clear stream water. She crouched down, lowering herself deeper into the water, and lunged forward. She lifted her head up, revealing a wriggling fish that was caught gently in her mouth. Attempting not to crush the fish with her teeth, she attempted to grin at the others, and the fish immediately took the opportunity to escape. "Aww, so close," Xeris said, giggling a little.
Ty heard another voice after the slippery scaly morsel escaped his grasp, he heard another female's voice. He turned to face the new voice, only to be greeted by a splash of water. He felt the rather surprising splash of cold hit his face before he even had time to react, and shivered slightly as he felt the cold wind brush against his newly-wet fur. Wiping the water out of his eyes, then shaking his fur, he caught the figure of a white wolf, giggling and apologizing as it had jumped into the water with the two of them. Judging by the voice, it was a woman, he didn't know where she came from, but was more then happy to welcome her to the fishing fun.

"Well...nice to meet you, and feel free to join...I'm Tyrone, but call me Ty." He said as he shook his head again and returned to fishing. Still attempting his method of fishing, remaining still not to disturb the fish. Of course, having three people in the stream made it easier, as the fish would have a harder time avoiding all three of them. Taking careful aim, he spotted a rather large one swimming near his leg. He took careful aim, inhaled deeply, and waited. Once the fish got close enough, his hand darted into the water, but this time he grasped the fish with a much tighter grip. His claws actually embedded into the fishes flesh. Pulling it out of the water, he grinned and said "Got one!"
She smiled and giggled happily "thats the one i was after, tricky devil" she enjoyed the giddy white wolfs company as well as the young golden males, " Oh and my name is Rendall, i wouldnt be surprised if you havent seen much of me, i'm quite new around here, but yes please feel free to stick around..." she turned back to the Ty, "good job we'll eat very well tonight"

She sighed happily enjoying the cool water that tickled her white belly and the warm sun that shone off her blue-tinted/ black back. this day prooved to be better than it had started, she looked into the water at the fish dancing about her paws, she made a slight face and then chose her target, she study its movments, fallowing it with her eyes

Then in one final plunge grasped the fish with her jaws and bit down, as she pulled her head from the water the fish gave her face one good hit then came free, luckly it was close enough to the bank that she was able to scoop up the now- squirming fish onto the soft grass and chase it around for a bit as it flopped from side to side on the bank. She lunged for the scaly creature but found it in the stream as well as herself once more.

She looked up at the two older ones and laughed at the idea of what her on-land battle must have looked to them. Rendall then looked back down and quickly drove her head into the water and firmly grasped another fish, and after tossing it back on the bank she turned her attention back to the other wolves "tricky tricky...well it is easier now that the stream seems more crowded"
Pendzez was out and about the pack. He felt like taking a stroll to the stream to get some fish for tonight. He had his trusty fishing pole in hand and with the spirits helping him in this fun activity. He wondered about his sister, Flayra and how she was. He hoped she was doing well in Crimson Dreams, that she wasn't getting into trouble. He knew Flayra too much that she wouldn't do that.

Coming to the stream, he heard voices and sounds going on. The stream came into proper view, he saw a small group of wolves playing around the stream trying to catch some fish. Wow, every one had the same idea. They were catching them with their bare hands. Maybe using a fishing pole would help a lot, but maybe this would be more fun, however, he didn't want to do that. He felt like catching them with a pole. He approached the small group, showing a friendly smile and voice. "Well, we all had the same idea, I see."
Xeris was glad to be accepted into the little fishing party, and she grinned as she returned to searching the water for the glimmer of scales. "It's nice to meet you, Ty and Rendall," she said. She smiled at Ty's successful catch; at least one of them was having some good luck with the fish. When Rendall seemingly chased a fish out of the stream and back into the stream again, Xeris couldn't help but giggle, despite that fact that she knew she wouldn't have any more luck catching that fish than Rendall did. Xeris was enjoying herself greatly here in the water with her new friends.

Then, she heard some footsteps rustle the grass nearby. Turning, she spotted a familiar face and smiled. "Hi, Pendzez!" It hadn't been too long since she last saw Pendzez and she saw him as a good friend. "Seems like today is a popular day for fishing, huh?" She suddenly felt something brush against her paw. Looking down, she saw a large fish swimming below her. It was heading toward Rendall. "Hey Rendall, there's your chance! Grab that fish!"
Rendall, momentarly distracted by another wolfs appearance, almost missed the darn thing, but she was able to quickly swipe the big morsal into her mouth and bite down hard, only when she felt the wriggling stop, did she toss the fish onto the bank that way she could talk once more she turned to Xeris and smiled "Thanks for the heads up, i would have lost that one if you hadnt told me"

She then turned her attention to the newest member of their little group, he had a pole in his hand and seemed to have wanted to take this to a more calmer approach, she looked quizzically at his pole, she'd known them and seen them before, but not upclose."It seems that we do have the same idea, hi I'm Rendall, you can join us if you wish, but i'm sure that we can either calm down for a while and try not to scare the fish, or maybe move upstream a bit, but of course your more than welcome to be here with us"

She gleamed at Ty and Xeris, she was loving how this day was turning out and was looking forward to marinating and grilling the tasty, scaly creatures...
Ty at this point had caught two other fish while the others were talking, he had grabbed one in his teeth and inadvertently caught the second one when he dove down by smashing it into the rocks and pinning it with his paw. Throwing the two catches onto the shore, he turned his head to see a forth wolf appear, but he was holding a rod, apparently this one didn't feel like getting into the water, not that he particularly cared. throwing his two new catches next to his first one, he replied to the wolf Xeris called Pendzez. "Well, this wasn't how I was going to spend my day, I was actually taking a nap, but this seemed like the better alternative." He said as he reached for another fish, but he got away.

"I wasn't exactly expecting a fishing party when I got here, or to even meet people...man this place has changed since I left!" He chuckled as he stretched a bit, as he had strained a muscle slightly during his last attempt to get a fish. He looked up at both of the wolves in the water with him, then the one with the rod, what nice new pack members they were, and what made it even better were most of them were his age, roughly a year or younger, he felt like he could connect with these wolves more then the ones he spent time with when he was a sailor, as they were usually much older then him. Grinning, he dove back under for another fish, this time catching it by the tail, lifting it out of the water, then smashing it against a rock with enough force to kill it. Throwing it with the other three, he asked the other wolves "So, are we cooking these ones or eating them raw like I usually do?"
She turned to Ty, who was doing exceptionally well unlike her, but she didnt care, she had wondered wat this place was like before she had arrived, he said it had changed alot and she wanted to learn all about his past with pheonix vally and wat made him leave, but she thought rude to ask, she barely knew the wolf for more than a few hours , well she'll first start off with asking about pheonix vally when they ate, then, if she felt ok about it, she would gain the courage to ask.

His question interupted her thoughts, she examined the well caught fish, "well i do remember alittle from when my mom cooked them, she would marinate them and cook them over an open fire, my guess is if you wish, i can cook a few and if you dont like the way they're cooked, we'll eat the rest raw" she wanted to try her hand at cooking anyways, she crawled out of the stream and began to search the area for some of the best herbs to season the fish, trying to remember which ones her mother had chosen.

Sniffing each season out from memory and finding the matching sent in the present, she quickly found what she was looking for, she honestly coudnt cook anything else, however, she'd learn other stuff in time. she stepped into her full luperci form and started to crush the herbs and lightly mixing them with alittle stream water
Xeris raised her head from the water with a splash, having finally secured a fish in her teeth. She added it to the pile of other fish. "Ooh, cooked fish, that sounds lovely." She looked around at the others and smiled. "Hopefully there'll be enough for everyone!" Xeris walked towards Rendall, and after shaking the water from her fur, transformed into her optime form as well. Her body shuddered a little as she felt her limbs lengthening and her spine straightening. When she was finally transformed, she looked over at Rendall.

"A fire, you say? I'll go find some wood so that we can make one." She brushed a lock of hair from her face and then turned to the nearby wooded area. "I'll be back in a few minutes. I think I'm better at wood-gathering than fishing." She then proceeded to walk between the trees, looking for fallen branches or thick live branches that she could break off. She still felt a little odd in her optime form; she still felt it odd to walk on two paws instead of four. Nevertheless, she was grateful for the dexterity and ability that this form provided, and continued to gather sticks and branches for the fire.
Pendzez just arrived and they were talking about either cooking and eating it raw. Pendzez preferred to have the fish cooked. He read that the Japanese used to have fish raw, wrapped in rice and seaweed. They called it sushi he thinks. The only problem was that there wasn't rice around and he doesn't want to go half way out to sea to get some seaweed. He knew there were other ways to make sushi. Maybe some shrimp or chicken, but where to get rice?

Pendzez watched as Xeris moved to the trees to collect some sticks for the fire. Pendzez should maybe go and help her with it. "I'll come help you." He followed her into the trees, picking up some branches with the female. "So, you seem to be doing well in getting along with the other pack members." It was true, she was doing well in the pack so far.
Rendall alowed the two wolves to go and collect wood for the fire, she had finished the marinade and was now working on gutting the fish, although the insides were a tasty treat, they were always in the way when it came to grilling, she collected the guts into a bowl that she had stashed away inside her pack by a bush, she had brought it just in case. She figured that if noone ate them, then they would be good fish bait for Pendzez.

She left about four fish for eating raw if they didnt like her cooking, and after all the fish they had caught so far, there was plenty left to cook, so after gutting the fish meant to be cooked, she placed the marinade on them, checking once more to make sure that it tasted well. She stood up and looked around for a spik to hang the fish on.

She quietly looked around till she found some sticks that ahe felt were adiquit, then returned to the clearing and began to dig out a fire pit
Ty noticed the others had gotten out of the water, leaving him to do the fishing, apparently he was the best at it, or everyone else just got bored, he didn't really know. Nevertheless, he caught two more fish with some added patience before coming onto shore. Bending down onto all fours, he shook his body, sending the water everywhere. Sure, it wasn't all that effective or drying, but it stopped the dripping at least. Getting back up on two paws, he lumbered over to the newly made pit and sat down, pulling his catch closer to him.

He was still weary from running here, but now that fishing adventure made him very sleepy again. His head drooped slightly as he watched the young girl make a fire. Of course, not wanting to fall asleep, he simply bent back and stretched,trying to keep himself awake. He then began to wonder how cooked fish would taste, he hadn't really had that in a long, long time. He didn't remember the taste, and now that the wolf was going to put marinaded sauce on it, he was all the more curious, he'd never thought a bout sauce, so this would be a big learning experience for him. but already his mouth began to water with anticipation. He actually had been craving fish today, so this was a convenient way to see how they were cooked. He smiled drowsily to Rendall, and asked "Should I help with anything?"
She turned to the golden male, He looked very tired, and she figured that he could use a good nap, "well you can gut those other two fish, and bring them over to me, then take a nap..." she said with a smile "you look tired, and i'm sure that itll do you well, and when you wake up, you can help me cook the fish."

she couldnt wait to talk to him about Pheonix vally, but she didnt want to pester the tired male, so she went back to keeping he fire warm and started to build the spik tieing the sticks together with some twine, put up the two sticks to make sure it was to her liking, then made adjustments.
"Well, alright then." Ty replied with a very weary nodd as he lazily reached over and grabbed the fish he had caught. He wasn't used to gutting fish, so he wasn't the best at it, nevertheless, he took one single claw on his hand and cut each fish open individually and pulled their guts out through the slit. He could feel the squishy insides of the fish dripping onto his hand as he took out the guts, shuddering slightly at the feel. The texture of fish was always strange to him, he knew why they were so slender, but why were they so slimy inside? Nevertheless, he gutted each and every fish, he didn't know if she wanted the scales removed or the heads cut off, so other then removing the guts, he left them as they were.

Taking the guts, he took them in one random direction and threw them as far as he could, he hoped that perhaps some birds would find them tasty or something. He then dipped his hands into the cold water and washed his hands clean of fish guts before returning to the fire. Now thoroughly tired, he walked over to the tree he was napping at before and curled up beside it, using it's shade to act as his blanket. His eyes drearily drooped off, and he again feel into the warming embrace that is sleep.