deep in my soul
Though they had settled in nicely and the place was beginning to feel like home Firefly didn't know exactly how she felt about everything. There was still a dark cloud looming overhead and she didn't like the scent of the storm that was brewing. The girl had patrolled the border and was just taking a jog across the shore, her eyes scanning the waving coastline as she found herself coming up onto the more dangerous section of land they owned.

The sands ended at the base of solid cliffs, her eyes scanning the line as the edge of the rock grew steeper and steeper. She wasn't for certain just how strong the curents were about the cliffs but she wasn't about to find out today. The choppy water was warning enough and though she was reckless and dangerous she did enjoy her life too much to toss it away.

Instead she just took a deep breath and began to climb up the short end of the steep hillside and move in along the edge of the cliffs, the winds buffering her body as she stared out to sea every once in a while between watching to make certain she still had footing down below. She didn't mind the heights or the lonely cliffs, they were just a reminder of the soul to her.. haunting in a way. She stopped for a moment and crouched down in the sandy grasses to watch the rains as they cast down from the clouds across the ocean. They would come in time, but for now they were safe.
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... arts-1.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
"She's a wild heart"

The smell on the wind was one that made Svara smile. It was the scent of their pack. The sea mixing in with their scents turning it into Cour Des Miracles trade mark. The constable pushed a hand through her hair as she looked down at the finished peice of jewlry that she had made. For a few days now she had found pieces of sea glass and a beautiful pink shell and put them all together to make a chocker. Svara had made it with the intention of giving it to her friend. Getting up she looked around with her one good yellow eye and sighed.

The constable started for the beach, hoping she would find the golden women there. If not Svara would just keep looking. She had to let Firefly know she knew who she was. It hadn't been fair to her, and Svara didn't wish to cause her pain out of all of the pack. Even Leroy was below Firefly. In Svara's mind the women was the closest thing to a mother she'd ever had.

Svara walked for sometime before she found her on the cliffs. The women stood there seeming to look down at the rocks below. Walking up behind her Svara didn't say anything as she came to stand beside her and also look down at those rocks. "I saw him in the woods, and thought I could make him see it my way. I thought I could make it right." Svara started, remembering when she found Haku in the woods. "When he started to rip into my body, all I could do was prove that he couldn't break me, and I did. I only screamed once." Svara looked at Firefly a smile on her scarred but beautiful face.

"You can't help but come to my rescue can you Firefly? Just like that time with the bear. I coast you one of your children, and yet you still saved my loud mouth." That grin was still on her face as she looked back at the water. Svara never liked emotional encounters, but sometimes they were needed. "I couldn't ask for a better friend." The fading red women said. She couldn't ask for a better mother, if only Firefly really had been.

[/html]
Firefly had heard the soft rustle of the grasses as another seemed to have found her little world she'd escaped off to. Her ears twitched but didn't turn fully towards the owner who made the light movements behind her, knowing already by the scent just who it was. She let the younger woman come to her, knowing there was no point in leaving her post, she'd get there sooner or later, if it really was Firefly she was looking for.

When the voice finally hit her ears she turned slowly to gaze upon the girl, already knowing just what she was talking about but not wanting to hear an explanation. Perhaps she was afraid that Svara had really had what was coming to her when Haku had attacked, but something inside her reminded her that no one deserved just what he'd done to the girl. Her emerald orbs looked on the bruised and tattered form of the girl as she asked desperately, "Why did you have to prove anything to him!" She really wanted o know, the bastard had ruined lives over nothing and here Svara was trying to explain what had happened to her. There was nothing to explain, the damn bastard should have just walked away.

She couldn't help it as the hairs along her back prickled as she glanced away as Svara went on. She didn't want to think of the past, didn't want to think of the close encounters the girl had had, she just wanted the future before them and the present. There was only one thing she clung to from the past and that she would solve soon enough. Her voice was barely a whisper as she spoke, "You don't leave a friend behind.." Haku and the pack hadn't left her to rot in Inferni and yet Alexey, the one who'd come with DaVinci first and foremost had been the first to turn her back on her. She didn't want to remember.. but sometimes you just couldn't help it.
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... arts-1.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
"She's a wild heart"

Svara felt the knot in her throat. It was hard to think about it, not so much for the pain, but the failure once again. How could she tell Firefly? The one women she wanted to think she wasn't screwed up in the head. Svara clutched the present in her hands and continued to look down at those rocks. The ocean went in and out and ate at the rocks below. Svara felt her heart beat in her chest as she sat beside the golden women. Her question stung, and it made svara look even more away from her, so she couldn't see her face at all.

"Because Firefly. I-I miss him so much." her voice hitched. Of course Firefly would think she was talking about Haku, but that wasn't who the girl was talking about. Images of the dark grey-brown wolf filled her mind and her heart seemed to stop for a beat. How could one man be the center of her life? His death hadn't changed a thing about how she felt about him. "I thought he could replace him, make the pain go away, but he just made it worse. I thought he could make it better Firefly!" She shouted the final part gripping the necklace with enough strength the sea glass bit into her palms.

[/html]
Firefly herself turned her face away when she realized that Svara wasn't going to look at her. She shook her head, a sneer on her lips in disgust as the woman began to speak. Her ears pinned back tight against her skull as she growled a warning to her friend to shut up while she still could, she knew that Svara was her leader but still she was treading on dangerous ground as she spoke. Firefly couldn't help it as she finally snapped "Was he worth it now? Was it worth nearly losing your own life?" Her voice catching at the words, trying to hide the pain and fear at losing the young girl.

Suddenly though it seemed she'd spoken too soon as Svara spoke again, Firefly only growing confused by her words, wondering just who Haku was suppose to have been able to replace. She turned her face away as she said darkly. "No male is that worthy. They'll always hurt you no matter what." The disgust in her voice dripping as she let her eyes trail down to the waves below, wishing that she'd known that wisdom before she'd fallen for the chocolate and cream demon.
[html]
"She's a wild heart"

She loosened her hand on the necklace, hopeing she hadn't broke it. Looking down at the beautiful sea glass and the shell in the middle, she wondered why her head was so screwed up when it came to her father. Had what they done really fucked her up in the head? It was hard think about him doing anything wrong to her, when he had seemed like the male that had loved her most in her life. Sighing she shook her head at Firefly's words. How much luckier could she be then to have Firefly with her? The women was her stabablity, and when it came to her she was no leader, she was no better then a child to an older wiser she wolf. Not that firefly was that old.

"No Firefly. It wasn't worth it. I'm sorry I did it, I'm sorry I scared you, you didn't deserve it of all people." The red she wolf said in a husky voice while looking over her shoulder. Although Haku had scarred her he hadn't taken away her natural beauty because of it. He'd only left a reminder of her mistake, and she would keep remembering so she wouldn't make it again. Ignoring Firefly's harsh comment the constable turned around and went up to stand before the golden she wolf. "He hurt us both. I can't wait for us to return the fucking Favor." Lifting the necklace to pushed it towards the women. "For you. I promise I won't think just about myself next time I try to get myself killed." Svara said with a sharp grin her yellow eyes strong as ever. Maybe it was time to get mad at her father for all the trouble he had caused her.

[/html]
Firefly had never really had any want or need to lead, she knew she could if it came down to it but she would much rather play her own games and just hold the respects of her own pack and clan. She'd had that once but she'd lost it, she knew in time it would come again, not from the same souls she'd once known but from fresh new ones. She turned her harsh emerald eyes to Svara as she studied the child, their leader. She knew the girls weaknesses and her lackings but she would never betray her unless she pushed to far and put them at risk. Firefly had no issue bringing her own leader down a notch or two if she fucked up, and she hoped the girl knew that fully.

When Svara finally spoke up Firefly Nodded, knowing that the girl was atleast seeing things from their point of view for once. She let her ears swivel back against her skull as she growled a warning to the girl as she spoke of seeking revenge on Haku. Fire flashed in her eyes as she growled, a soft snarl warning Svara that once more she was letting the child think. "In time he'll slip up, in time he'll be caught in his own net.. don't go looking for trouble, don't get us in the middle of something we can't handle yet.." She knew in time that the pack would be able to challenge the bastard and his pack if needed but they were still fledgling and it was not the moment to try their luck.
[html]
"She's a wild heart"

The women didn't take her gift. Letting the hand with the necklace drop Svara just nodded to Firefly. She knew the women saw her as a child still and not her leader. The constable didn't mind so much, because it was true, she was still a child. It was only her strength that got her where she was now, and her mistakes that got her the scars. "I never said I was going to go after him did I firefly. Maybe you should listen better next time." Svara said agitated by the women now. Giving her her back again, she hoped the golden she wolf didn't stare at the carven word. It was always akward when people stared at the scar "whore" on her back.

Holding the necklace tight in her grasp she couldn't help but feel a little hurt that she hadn't taken the gift. It had been an apology for her brash behavior, and causing her so much pain. Shaking her head she tried to dismiss it. "I meant exactly that. Haku soul will make a mistake, and then his enemies will swarm like bees for their chance to sting." Svara said codly. Already she couldn't wait for the bastards screams. It would be the end of one more problem. "I know you all think I'm stupid, but what happened with Haku has a lot to do with my past and you won't ever understand. So lets just leave it at that okay?" Her voice was rough as she said it.

[/html]
Firefly hadn't even realized that Svara had been trying to mend things between them and the gift had been for her. She'd been so caught up in the fact that they'd nearly lost the child and nothing had been worth the wounds she'd received. Firefly's ears pinned back against her head as Svara corrected her. She bared her fangs in disgust as Svara turned away, the harsh red scars bright on her back causing her blood to boil as Firefly lifted her frame up from the ground and walked a few paces away to where she didn't have to be reminded of what the wicked beast had done. "Don't worry Svara.. soon enough he'll learn." She wouldn't tell Svara anything else on the matter, there would be time for that later, it was just as much her fight as it was Svara's.. but he would pay.

Firefly stared off into space as Svara spoke on, the words striking her as she felt her fur prickle and rise on her pack. Svara didn't think she understood. Svara didn't know much about what Firefly herself had been through. She snarled as she spat back. "Svara just shut up while you're still ahead. You don't know half my story.. you don't know anything." Her words were a harsh whisper as she lowered her head. She had never shared the story with anyone though there had been many who had guessed the truth of it all.

"You've heard of the war that broke out between our old pack and Inferni?" She asked as she closed her eyes, trying to forget everything before the words were even out of her maw. She could remember the male from the clan, the punishment he'd granted her while the leaders had been away.. she could remember the haunting and teasing of Haku upon her return.. and when he'd brought her to her knees and had taken the role of the clan member right before she'd been banished from the pack. There was a lot she kept from the girl, if only to keep things quiet. She knew how the child's temper could be.
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... able-3.png); width: 500px; height: 310px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:0px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right: 110px; top: 75px; width: 230px; height: 220px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto; padding-right:5px;scrollbar-face-color: #000000; scrollbar-highlight-color: #000000; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #000000; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #0000000; scrollbar-shadow-color: #000000; scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000; scrollbar-track-color: #000000">

!! out of character.

I'm RAGE FILLED AND YOUR RIGHT THERE!

She Sighed roughtly, and loosened the tight grip on her hands. "I don't really care about what happens to him. It's not my problem. I fucked up and this was my punishment." Svara said it with shame dripping from her voice. It had been her fault, she had started this, and now it was her problem to deal with. What did it matter anyways? When it had happened she had been so far gone in the head pain was the last thing she remembered from the experiance. Firefly's words made her turn around and narrow her eyes. "I don't want you to do something stupid either Firefly. I think it's best this is forgotten." Svara growled out, not leaving question in her tone.

Did she really want to make her problems her packs problem? Svara didn't think she did. Shaking her head she looked away from the golden women. "I don't want to know, so stop there firefly. I don't want to know you by your past. To me you are the future, so leave it there." Svara said lowly her yellow eyes hard. Walking closer to her Svara pushed the necklace towards her again. "Here." She waited for the women to take the gift.

"I have no intention of living in a past anymore. Yours, mine or anybody elses. As your constable I'm telling you to leave haku soul alone." It was an order and she didn't want to act above Firefly, but she also didn't want bad for her pack. It was hard to grow up, but Svara knew she had to or she would forever be stuck in the past.

[/html]