living canvas
She didn't know how she'd managed to find the building but the dyes and chemicals she'd found within were enough to keep her occupied. She'd never had a whim or want to change her own appearance but she knew that there were quite a few others who often thought of it or dabbled in the game. Firefly had grown up within the celtic clan and the workings of their priests and warriors. She'd learned the art of dyeing and tattooing at the hands of their priestess. Now all there was was the need to pass her arts onto the forms of those who wished it.

She'd loaded up a cart with a lot of new brilliant colors and agents to remove or change the appearance of fur or hair and was just getting ready to head back to the cabin when she caught sight of the tattoo parlor and piercing shop just down the block. Pulling the cart behind her she growled to herself and hoped that she would soon find another beast beside herself to pull the damn thing. It was far too much work and though it made it easier to get large quantities of things from one location to another she didn't think she was cut out to be the one doing all the work.

Dropping the handles of the cart outside the shop she peered into the window before pushing the door open to the keep. The hinges gave a loud groan as they finally gave way, she ignored the sounds as she pushed forward, the layer of dust that covered most things causing her nose to itch, though she just exhaled and walked to the front counter to peer down at the glass and metal workings beneath the glass.
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ven_v1.png); width: 500px; height: 460px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; right: 105px; top: 66px; width: 270px; height: 384px; z-index: 4; overflow: auto;">

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

Haven was patrolling the lands, longsword strapped across his back. Even though they were much safer now that they were an established pack with lands and borders, the knight wanted to be prepared in case anyone hostile did try to go after his packmates. He still was a novice when it came to combat, but he was learning. Training a little everyday. He needed to make some wooden practice swords and find someone to spar with on a regular occasion. That would be of the most help. But hopefully if he did run across anyone of the unfriendly variety the sight of the sword on his back would be enough to make them think twice about causing any trouble.

There was an old town that laid within their borders and he was wandering the streets of it now. It was much different than Halifax. Smaller for sure, but it wasn't as imposing either. It didn't have that same dark and foreboding feeling that the empty city did. It was more quaint and welcoming here. The silence was broken by a protesting door a few blocks to his side and he quickly jogged over to make sure that nothing was wrong. He doubted anything was, but he wasn't a very good protector if he didn't check it out.

There was a cart loaded up outside a parlor of some sort. He peeked inside, seeing a bunch of different bottles and stuff that all had a very strong odor to them. Haven's nose crinkled and then he moved to look inside the shop. The sight of Firefly greeted him, looking into one of the glass counters of the place. "Hello Firefly," he greeted softly. He walked into the store, doing his best to avoid sneezing from all the dust in the air.

[/html]
Firefly had been so engrossed in examining the piercing and deciding if she wanted to take them with her that she had barely even noticed that she'd had a shadow take to following her unto he was already behind her. Her arm gave a twitch as his voice filled the room, quickly she removed her hand from beneath the counter and turned her surprised eyes to the younger male. "Hallo Haven, what are you doing?" she asked. She realized that if he'd seen the mess outside he was probably wondering the same about her.

She returned her eyes back to the jewels and rings as she plucked the whole display out from under the glass and set them atop the glass. She whirled one of the earrings on her nail as she turned back to the male and smiled. "You can never have too many trinkets, you never know when another might want one.." She'd known the priestess in the old world clan had kept anything that she'd thought another might find interest in, keeping them stored away on shelves and wrapped in leather and cloth. Firefly had learned much from the woman but she'd put little of it to use since she'd left the motherlands.
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ven_v1.png); width: 500px; height: 460px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; right: 105px; top: 66px; width: 270px; height: 384px; z-index: 4; overflow: auto;">

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

The boy gave her a warm smile as she turned, obviously a little startled by his sudden presence. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Sometimes it was impossible to avoid in situations like this though. Not matter how cautiously one approached. "Oh, I was just patrolling the lands. Making sure there weren't any troublemakers about." One side of his smile pulled higher than the other. "Or at least none that don't belong here." Haven wasn't blind, he knew what kind of a group he had fallen into. Jacquez was obviously a rebel, Svara had her sharp tongue, Firefly her temper. While it had taken him a while to remember, Leroy had been the one who had caused some problems in Crimson Dreams. The only innocent one was Ruri.

Jade eyes watched curiously as she pulled the tray from underneath the counter. He could tell that it held a bunch of earrings. Some of them looked a little like his, but many of them were different. He hadn't any idea that there were so many shapes and styles. "I guess that's true, and I already know someone who will. Jac admired my piercing the first time we met. He told me wants one." Their king had been very keen on that idea indeed. "So you know how to do them? That's neat. What's all that stuff in the wagon out there for?" It was obvious it had nothing to do with giving piercings. Haven was oblivious to the other things that wolves could do to modify their appearances by non-natural means.

[/html]
Firefly couldn't help but give Haven a little coy smirk at the words that he teased her with. The figures of the pack were probably the few that she'd let get away with such words, even though she knew that were trust just as much as he did. She raised a brow as she asked. "And did you find any that didn't belong.. or perhaps that wanted to belong..?" She didn't know how the pack would fair with new blood but she figured that sooner or later they would come trampsing to the door asking for a home and they'd let them in, it didn't mean that Firefly had to like them though.. but she knew in time they'd probably grow on her like the rest of the pack had. A soft smile replaced the coy little smirk as she admitted, "It's good that you're here Haven.."

She turned her eyes back to the earrings as she began to scan them over, the words of the pumpkin hued fellow meeting her twin perked ears as she smiled and asked, "And which one do you think our fearless king would like?" her eyes trailing back to the boy as she went on to explain. "I was to be a priestess in our clan when Davinci and I lived in Eire.." There wasn't much more to say, when they'd returned to their homeland she'd had to leave everything behind, including the trades she'd learned.

When his conversation turned to the articles outside she grinned, picking up the tray of glittering stones and precious metals as she beckoned him to follow her to the wagon. When she reached the load of supplies she set the tray down on top the mess as she tried to explain. "The clan use to use symbols and markings to show the great deeds they'd done or their ranks. They would dye their fur, or even in some instances they would removed the fur entirely and mar the skin with ink or scars. She had the tell-tale signs of a priestess tattooed upon her flesh but once she'd left the clan land she'd let the fur grow back over her markings, the dark pattern of dots upon her cheeks not visible except to those that knew they were there.

She had shown none in the lands the tattooing upon her cheeks but she pressed back the fur on one creamy gold cheek to show the dark crimson and midnight blue markings upon the flesh. She doubted that the boy would be interested anymore in the notion of dying or tattooing, he was almost so straight forward, but sometimes folks surprised her. She smoothed back the fur on her cheeks as she smiled at the male and admitted. [b]"The humans use to do the same.."
As thought justification for the strange ways of her one time clan.
[html]

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

The jest was a testament to him returning to his old self. The Haven Firefly had first met would never had said such a thing, worried of the repercussions. But he was more confident now, and more comfortable around the motley band of packmates. The youth shook his head. "Nope, haven't come across anyone." He was a little surprised that no one had come to the new pack looking for a home yet. Though he didn't really know how often new blood came around. He had never been old enough in Crimson Dreams to do any sort of border duty or greeting of newcomers. Haven was surprised at the next words that came out of the Seneschal's mouth, though it made him feel good. His own smile softened and he said nothing in reply, only nodded his head slightly.

The Aatte male couldn't help but let out a chuckled at her question. "Anything flashy, for certain. I have a feeling gold will be more to his liking than silver." Their King was certainly an exuberant fellow. But he loved it. Jacquez hadn't been what he had been expecting in a King, but he was far from disappointed. The hybrid without a doubt had his flaws, but so did they all, and Haven knew that a good heart beat within the man's chest. "He told me about Eire, it sounds amazing." His gaze went back to the tray of earrings and then back to her. "Firefly, DaVinci's more than just my friend. He's my uncle. Which...I guess makes you my aunt." It was a strange realization to come to, but he felt the need to share it.

Dutifully, he followed her when she beckoned him to go outside to the cart. What she explained intrigued the youth. Modifying your fur and skin to show your deeds and ranks? He had to admit, he liked the idea. He liked it quite a lot. Haven leaned in to look closer as she pressed back the fur on her cheek. A smile came to his lips and his tail wagged idly. "Cool!" It didn't surprise him that the humans had done it. Honestly, what had the humans not done or accomplished? "So, all this stuff is for dying fur and inking the skin?" Jade eyes swept over the contents of the wagon. "You think you could give me one?" Maybe something to symbolize his position as a Knight and his moving forward with his life despite his father.

[/html]
Firefly couldn't help but chuckle slightly as Haven gave her a reply. She smiled slyly and added. "Send the cute ones my way when you do find any.." She did so love to make others nervous and if they were willing to play her games all the more fun for her. She doubted that Haven would actually send them her way but it was an amusing idea. She would mind entertaining them if he did.. not that he needed to know what sort of entertainment she had in mind for any scalawags that didn't belong.. or that were looking to belong. She flashed him an wink and began to hum as he picked through the tray as they'd begun to move on outside.

She didn't go far as Haven decided to venture out on a limb with the fire kissed girl as he brought up their relations. She let one ear flick back as she turned to look at him, a brow raised for a second as she tried to find the right words. "First off kid, I'm ain't your aunt. I'm too young to be your aunt.. and besides.. relatives are suppose to be there to teach you good morals and whatnot.. I'm not sure if I'd fit well there." She gave him a little smirk as she commented further. "There's a reason I don't tell most who I really am." She really didn't like knowing just how big her family was, it just meant more prying eyes and more problems for the most part. Haven, she could tolerate.. most of the others.. she'd rather they had been drowned as puppies. Oddly enough she'd tried that with one of Haven's own siblings... not that he needed to know..

When they'd finally reached the wagon and she'd spoken of the uses of the dyes and needles and sorts she smiled as the boy began to show excitement at the art. She smoothed the fur back against her cheek as he questioned the whole contents of the wagon. She nodded at first before pausing. "Most of it is, some of it is for piercings and such. Others.. just pretty shiny things." She had taken to the custom that Kol had taught her and weaving ribbons, leather, beads, feathers and whatnot in her locks. She knew sooner or later that she'd run out of places to put her crafts and would have to begin again. She smiled at the thought and almost hadn't caught Haven's question but rather quickly she straightened out.

"You want a tattoo.. or just the fur dyed?.. if you wanted it done I can do it..." She didn't often draw for others but she could design and draw quite well. She had to in the arts that she performed. She smiled slightly at the boy and teased. "You know.. it doesn't come off once it's on..." hoping that he was sure about this all.
[html]

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

Haven felt his cheeks grow warm at Firefly's words. There wasn't much that embarrassed the kid, but talking about that sort of thing did tend to get him flustered. Not only was he almost wholly inexperienced, which meant he was mostly ignorant, but it wasn't something he was entirely comfortable with. Knowing that his father had committed such a grievous wrong in that intimate area of life made him wary of it. It made him nervous of not being able to keep his desires in check and going farther than he should. Thankfully he had never been in that situation so far and while it was something he wanted to experience he was anxious about it. It was where the shadow of his sire hung the heaviest and darkest around him because it was all unknown.

Her reaction to him voicing their relation was a little surprising, though not entirely. This was Firefly after all. Haven let a crooked grin mold his lips as she talked about relatives being people that were supposed to teach you the right things in life. "I doubt you'd be any worse than DaVinci. I got him to pierce my ear and I had my first drinks with him. Actually I got obliterated. But I think I've turned out pretty alright despite that. I don't think you could do me any harm that way." He could be wrong, he still didn't know the fiery woman that well, but he didn't think she could possibly be as bad as she was trying to make herself sound. "But if that's the way you want it, then that's fine. You won't hear me calling you "auntie" or anything." Like he really would have ever dared refer to her as that.

The young Knight nodded his head as she explained what everything was. There seemed to be a little bit of everything in the wagon. Everything a luperci could ever want to accessorize their appearance, at least. When she said that she could though his face lit up. "I think I'd like the dyed fur. I want it to be visible. I was thinking maybe a design with a dragon? On my right wrist maybe?" His right hand was his sword hand, so it would be perfect! At the tease she threw at him he only grinned right back. "I'm not one to look back, only forward." At least when it came to the things he did to his body.

[/html]
Firefly had expected that the young boy didn't know much when it came to the more intimate nature of life. She'd learned at a young age but he was on the road to be a knight of valor, they weren't exactly know to sleep with everything sweet thing that came along. She smiled sweetly at the boy and turned her face away, letting the kid take his moment to figure out his place before she went on onto another subject.

She flicked her eyes at the male as he decided to comment on what she'd said about being his aunt. She knew she wasn't really his aunt in blood nor was DaVinci but she wasn't cruel enough to bring that to light. She couldn't help but laugh as he explained the trouble that DaVinci had got him into but still believing that he'd come out fine. She shook her head slowly and just chuckled. "Yeah, you're alright kiddo.." she agreed for a second before he went on to talk about not calling her auntie anytime soon. She wrinkled her nose and shook her head. "I'd better not hear it around then.." she teased as she flicked her hair back and smiled.

When he seriously was beginning to consider getting a tattoo of sorts she smiled and grinned. "Let me make a few designs and see what you like.." She pulled a pad of paper and a pencil out of the wagon and began to etch some different designs of dragons, asking as she went on. "Do you want it to be one color, or do you want it to be detailed?" She doodled away as she waited for the boy to respond. If he wanted the tattoo she'd put it on him, atleast with dye there was no way it could hurt.
[html]

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

Haven was thankful there was no teasing and no continued conversation over this subject. As Firefly turned away he silently thanked her and regained his composure, making his muscles release the small tension that had built up in them. He still had a lot to learn about that part of life, but he was more than willing to take it slow. It helped that Siobhan was just as inexperienced as he was. Sure, he had kind of forced their first kiss on her in a way (which he still regretted) but he had promised to never do anything like that to her again. They would go at whatever pace she was comfortable with.

The Aatte youth had already come to the conclusion DaVinci wasn't a blood relative, which meant neither was Firefly, but to Haven blood meant very little. After all, one of his parents wasn't even related to him through blood. But that didn't make her any less his mother in his eyes, just as DaVinci wasn't any less his uncle. If someone felt like family then they were, simple as that. He gave her a lopsided grin as she agreed that he had turned out alright. He had had his rocky moments for sure but he wasn't letting them drag him down anymore. "Don't worry, my lips are sealed when it comes to that word," he said with a wink and a soft laugh. The woman really wasn't suited the name.

The hybrid boy's tail began to wag faster as Firefly pulled out a sketchpad and pencil and started to draw out designs for him. This was exciting, to be getting something specially designed for him on his body. Haven moved closer to her, peeking over her shoulder though careful not to crowd her. "I think I'd just like it to be one color. Something simple." He didn't need a whole bunch of fancy stuff, and if it was going on his wrist he imaged it couldn't be too incredibly detailed anyway. Something simple would look better.

[/html]