no more blue skies
Sankor really didn't know how in the world he was taking the shock of Ril'o's murder. He didn't really have anyone to speak to about it and he wasn't for certain if he really wanted to speak of such. He had roamed the packlands til he'd reached the graveyard and just stared up at the statue that watched over the human bones. He didn't know if she did any good for the dead but he wondered if there was one like her who would watch over the pack's dead. Why such strange thoughts filtered through his head he didn't know but it was probably best that his emotions were a dried riverbed rather than a raging river overflowing the banks. He let his eyes drop down to the ground as a soft sigh fluttered in his chest.

Once more he glanced up at the mysterious lady before he rose to his paws and slowly began to roam the borders, trying to find something to rid his mind of the thoughts and his spirit of the weight that had settled. He had grown so use to having a mirror, having a second sunny nature in his mists that now without Ril'o he didn't really know who to turn to when he needed a friend to just goof off with and spend the afternoon avoiding their chores and gossiping about the girls. He closed his eyes as the thunder rumbled overhead, the overcast sky seeming to know just how he felt.
Willow, lost in a sense, wandered the only place she thought could be somewhat deserted. She wouldn't know if she wAs to bow or not to every living soul on theland, or not. So she did what sounded best. Hide and observe. Right now, she was hiding. It was stupid, and probably a bad first impression, but until she knew what to do, it worked for her.
Finally bored of walking around, Willow sprawled across the floor, looking up at the rumbling, darkened skies. It was beautiful. Closing her eyes, Willow started to drift asleep, but still aware enough to listen to her surroundings.
The soft sounds of another's steps caught Sankor's attention as he let one ear swivel towards the owner of the noise. He didn't make a sound yet, hoping that the creature would just pass him by but realizing as the scent came to him that it was another wolf, and one he didn't recognize. He sighed softly to himself and rose up from his position to seek out the intruder.

IT didn't take him long to come to the place where the small woman lay but Sankor didn't say anything for a moment, just watched the lady as she seemed to be doing the same thing he had been, except she was far more involved. The slow rise and fall of her chest made him realize that she was perhaps falling asleep and that he should just leave her be but his duty to the pack gave him a firm shake for that idea.

He cleared his throat and asked. "Do you belong here lass?" For all he knew she could be a new packmate he'd yet to notice, but the scent of the lady held little or no trace of their packlands and he was unsure just yet on what to think.
Willow rest on the grass, completely calm and tranquil. As she slept, she dreamed, and as she dreamed her mind wandered. Her dreams never really rested on one subject. At times it was about the rain. Other times it was about the graveyard, as she imagined the remains below and who they once were. As she dreamed, Willow never quite heard the footsteps. They were audible, but not loud enough to penetrate her thoughts.
As a voice broke the silence, Willow flipped over into a crouch. At first she was at the defense, but after spotting the way the wolf held himself, and the scent he carried, Willow's crouch quickly slid into a bow. Not wanting to disrespect any of the pack, Willow looked down and quietly addressed the wolf.
"I did not mean to disturb you. I am Willow Siam. I'm new to the pack. I'm very sorry."
Silently, she had wished she had never entered the sullen graveyard to think. Perhaps the unoccupied land would have been a wiser choice.
Sankor had not expected the reaction he was granted when the young girl woke, infact it made him wholly uneasy as he let his ears swivel back against his skull, his eyes narrowing as he watched the girl as she went through a whole list of apologies. Sankor took a step back as he eyed her, his words slow as he tried to remember that not all newcomers acted the same upon entering a pack atmosphere. "No, I just didn't know you were of the pack.. it's alright." Was it really, he knew that he wasn't alright, but there were a million reasons why he wasn't.

The male just shook his head again, trying to clear out the thoughts of his lost friend as he attempted to ofter the girl a smile and an introduction. "I'm Sankor, and I guess I've been here long enough.." He couldn't even remember when he'd joined the pack though he knew it hadn't been that long ago. The pack was still fairly young, their leader being just over two years old. He smiled at the girl once more and asked, "Where did you come from?" Anything to forget about the truths of what had befallen the pack so recently.
The male introduced himself as Sankor. It was an iteresting name, in a good way. He also said her actions were okay, but Willow could sense a lack of sincerity to his words. Willow knew she'd made a large mistake but at least he was kind enough to act like it was okay. Smiling, Willow raised her head, standing quite tall, at seven foot nine.

Answering his question, Willow said, "I kinda wandered a little, but I was born off the coast, near here. We moed round a lot, so I don't really know quite the names of half the places. Sorry I'm not much help there. How about you? Were do you come from?"

As she spoke, Willow noticed the wolf's reddish brown fur. It was a beautiful color. Also, the wolf was just that; a wolf. He wasn't a Luprici like Willow was, so she stood much taller than him at the moment. She wondered if that bothered him at all. If it did, he didn't show it. At the same time, he probably was very use to all the Luprici in their werewolf form, and even the halfling form too. Sankor seemed pretty nice so far.
Sankor once more was reminded of his shortcomings as his new packmate towered over him. Despite his high rank in the pack there was little way he could show his dominance over another if it ever was needed in this form. He hated this issue that came between him and his packmates. He pushed the thoughts aside though as the new member began to give him the answered he'd asked for.

It didn't surprise him that she was from a distance away or that she'd traveled around a lot. It seemed that many of the packmembers and others he'd met seemed to travel quite a lot and spend a lot of time away from the world of a stationary pack. When she asked about his life he just grinned and shrugged. "I've lived in these lands since before this pack even existed here. I traveled a bit but came back here where I was born." Truth be told he hadn't been born in the pack's territory but lands claimed by another. He had stayed in the pack after Alexey had returned and he wasn't sure he wanted to move on to another place anytime soon.

He stretched out his long limbs as he asked, "What brought you here, there's plenty of other packs around the place.." He knew what had brought him to the lands but his story was a little bit different than most but he'd heard all sorts of story and was just wondering what hers might be.
Willow could see her height was bothering Sankor at least a little, so, instead of changing, Willow sat down, making sure she was at about his height. His answer seemed quite logical. But at the same time, to simple. Things weren't that simple. At least they had never been that easy for Willow. Maybe it was possible for it to be just that. But it bothered Willow to think of simplicity. Everything had a catch, or a hidden agenda, or even just a bit more to the story. But Willow did not ask if he left something out of his story. If Sankor did, he must have had a good reason to, and it wasn't her business.

Shrugging off the thought, Willow replied to his question. "I guess I felt a pull. Like I might fit in here or something. Of course it was the closest territory to my position at the time. I'd been wandering, trying to find my brother. But I lost track of him near by, and thought it best to give it a rest. At least for a while. It still bothers me though..." Willow faded into thought for a moment, blankly staring past Sankor, towards a tree. After a short while, she snapped out of it, and smiled at Sankor. "Sorry about that. It's a long story. So, anyways, what were you doing out here alone? You must have a reason." Smiling again, in the strange, slightly deranged way. Often it was taken the wrong way. Either as her being cocky, or just plain venomous, as if she wasn't telling the truth. Sometimes that was the case, but very, very rarely. At this moment, Willow was just smiling because she could. Because she was truly happy to be talking to Sankor. Nothing more; nothing less.
Sankor listened quietly as the young girl gave her story. It really hadn't been his place to ask it of her but it did provide a conversation at least. He smiled slightly and flicked his tail back and forth as he nodded. "Everyone has a story.. some better than others.. some filled with darkness and betrayal." His eyes drifted back towards the girl as he shrugged. "My story, it's much more drab and boring, by far I can assure you." He chuckled softly as he gave a shrug of his shoulder and let his golden orbs meet her own.

When she turned the tables on him he could do little but laugh. He should have expected such, he had conned her out of her own story, why couldn't it work for her. He raised a brow at her and snorted. "I might have a reason.. I might not.. do you really wanna know?" he asked as he flashed the girl a sly little smile.