the gold rush was a lie
The dark hued girl had slowly begun to heal from the fight with the monster. She was still numb to most things from that day though she'd managed to drag DaVinci away from the coast and after shutting him up in his cabin she'd returned to bury the body of the poor child. There was little she could do but give the child a proper rest and after that had been done she didn't know what was left. Miriette sat atop the cliff and stared down at the waves crashing below. She didn't know what exactly it was she was feeling, she'd never even really got to know the child and yet here she was all twisted up over what had been done to the babe. She closed her eyes, feeling the hot prick of tears as they began to form. She wasn't even wanted here and she didn't know why she still tried.

Jefferson didn't even look at her, wouldn't even seem to acknowledge her and she didn't even know if she should or should openly speak of their relations, or perhaps it was better off speaking of their lack of relations. She'd thought that after everything he'd atleast want to get to know the children he'd left behind but she still sat idle in the background going unnoticed and being ignored. She wasn't use to being thrown to the side all the time and she didn't think she'd be able to get use to it anytime soon. Rubbing an arm across her eyes she tried to regain some sort of control over herself as she wrapped her arms around her body and sighed softly.
Ty had been running through the terrain of Phoenix Valley as he usually did, he didn't know why he enjoyed it so either, it was most likely because he felt he could clear his head simply rushing through the land, between forests and mountains, across fields and beaches, it's when he felt most free. He had even begun to develop something along the lines of 'parkour', a type of movement he read about on his sailing trips. He had learned a bit about it and really enjoyed it's practice, trying to meld that into his movement around different terrains. He excelled at the practice, mostly because of his light weight and lean build. He had even begun to develop techniques of switching between forms as he ran for further mobility, switching on the fly when he needed them. But now he had come to a slower trot, deciding to take in the beauty of the area instead of blow right through it.

Though he heard something nearby, something he didn't hear usually when he was by himself, or really at all. A small, groaning noise...was it...crying? Ty was curious, more curious then a young wolf should be, and began to follow the sounds. his ears twitching and moving to catch the sound better as he briskly slipped through the bushes and trees. When he did find what was making the noise, he halted in his tracks and a small bit of surprise splashed across his face. A black wolf, older than he, but still close to his age, was on a cliff, crying lightly. He didn't know this wolf, but he felt some sympathy for her. Why? Ty was a caring individual, although occasionally Jefferson's influence made him act like a jerk, but he was a good-natured person in general. Walking over to the black wolf, he knelt down and said to her calmly. "Excuse me miss, but I heard your crying from not too far away as I was passing...are you alright?"
(ooc, I think Miriette is actually younger than him.. by like a month.)

Miriette hadn't even realized that she must have let one of the soft sobs escape until the sound of the other confronted her with the truth. She dashed her tears away quickly as she turned to gaze at the male, not really knowing what to do. She'd always been stronger than this, never really letting others see her cry if she ever did, but being caught outright was beyond embarrassing to the girl. She shook her head and wrung her hands quietly before she finally asked. "Haves you ever tries and makes one notice yous.. but realize it no use.." She hated the way her voice sounded, she hated the broken English and bad grammar, everything just made her seem weaker.. and yet she knew she was strong.

Stuck in a moment with nowhere to go she'd done the only thing she could do, she'd broken down. She couldn't even answer a simple question anymore, giving the boy some strange question instead. She was hopeless and utterly useless for now. She just wished that she had been left alone to wallow in her own misery than have another find her being such a pitiful excuse for a pack mate. What did it matter, she was ranked as the most pitiful thing in the pack already and there was no getting around that.
((I see...but keep in mind, this is based on his vision and he's not too good at judging))

Ty responded to the girl's question with a pondering stare. "Well...I guess, occasionally..." He replied lightly, not to sure what she meant by the question. Sure, he had troubles where he couldn't get people to notice him, but it wasn't heart-shattering or anything. He cocked his head to one side and calmly walked closer to the black female. He was concerned, what made her so upset? It wasn't physical pain, at least that was a good sign, somewhat. His sympathy overcame his other thoughts as he walked closer. Eventually he got close enough to sit down next to her, not exactly one for just leaving things like this alone. Ty was mentored by Jefferson, sure, and had many traits that his mentor had. However, he had one trait since childhood, compassion, the guy had no reason to come and ask Mirette what was wrong, it's just what his gut told him to do.

"Look...I'm not going to ask what's wrong, nor am I going to pretend to understand your reason for being upset..." Ty began, still trying to be cautious and tactful with his words as he gave a warm, calming smile. "But I can offer you...don't take this the wrong way...a shoulder to cry on and some comfort." He said sincerely, trying to stay out of her personal bubble for now if she was uncomfortable. although, he did ask "What's your name, anyway?"
Miriette hadn't even known why she'd asked the boy such a foolish question. She should have just told him to leave and let it be done with. She didn't need anyone's sympathy, the only thing she wanted was denied to her. She didn't even know if Jefferson admitted to any of the others that she was his daughter and for fear of his temper and retribution she didn't admit the truth either. She should have just left with her siblings when she had the choice but she hadn't and so she was here weeping like the willow and letting her emotions get the better of her. She was a sad case indeed.

..Yet thing just seemed to grow worse as the young male seemed to try and find a way beneath all the pain and burdens of knowledge unshared that she was buried under. She couldn't help but laugh bitterly as she once again dashed the tears from her eyes, those silvery orbs glancing at the boy as she admitted. "Yous can not fixs my wrongs.." Miriette didn't want to be rude but she knew it was true, this young male would know nothing of her dilemma and it was probably best to leave it thatway. She shook her head and sighed, wishing that she had some way of getting through to Jefferson yet knowing that every way seemed to be barred.

When the boy asked her name she sighed, wrapping her arms around her knees as she gave in finally, giving him some sortof answer that wasn't bitter and void of any real facts or useful information. "I'm Miriette..." she said with a sigh as she glanced at the boy, "Who you?" her strong accent thrashing her broken English as she eyed the golden silvery coyote.
"Fix your wrongs? You misunderstand me, I couldn't do that miss, not even if you did want me to." Ty said with a small, soft smile. "After all, when it comes down to it, we all must face our demons alone." He crossed his legs, placing his hands on his knees as he spoke. "I'm simply offering a way to cheer you up, moping about whatever your problem is won't solve it." He sighed softly as he scratched the back of his head. He could tell she didn't want him to be there anymore, she wanted to be alone, to simply have nobody there but herself. Ty however, knew that this was a bad idea, when one is alone, they are more critical about themselves and their problems, and further brings one to depression, ad being the compassionate wolf he was, he wanted to help her out.

When she did tell him her name, he smiled lightly at how it sounded. Miriette, what a pretty name, in his mind, most names were pretty, but he enjoyed more unique names like that. Playing the name over in his head a few times, he responded with a calm but cheery nature in his voice. "Mirette....I like that name." He replied with a cheery grin. "I'm Tyrone, but you can call me Ty." He said as he extended his hand slightly for her to shake it.
Miriette didn't like the way the boy spoke but there was little she could do about it. She didn't need anyone to cheer her up, no one could give her what she wanted and that was the only thing that would bring contentment to her soul right now. She rubbed one hand across her face, removing the last traces of her tears as she sighed and shook her head. "It's no use, you can't make someone instantly happy.." Maybe she didn't want to be cheered up either, there was a lot of things she wasn't use to yet and she wasn't certain she wanted to just open up to the rest of the world so quickly. Heath had said to trust no one.. and at times she wondered if perhaps that was the best way to go.

When he smiled when she gave her name she didn't know what to think, while she was use to flirting and teasing the boys she wasn't use to the down right honest ways of some. The cheery grin she was presented with made a slight sad smile appear upon her lips as she eyed his hand as he gave her his own name. Not shaking his hand, just leaving it hanging for a moment she eyed him, wondering if maybe for once she could just try and trust someone. She gave a sigh as she finally reached for his hand, her own unsure and hesitant as she tried his own name out. "Tyrone.." She didn't know if she liked it but it didn't really matter, it wasn't her name after all.
Ty noticed her frown, even when she did smile at him lightly. Although he wasn't about to just get up and walk away now, he understood she wasn't happy with his attempt to cheer her up. Nevertheless, she did take his hand, which he lightly shook with a gentlemanly fashion before releasing it gently, showing a small but friendly smirk. He sighed lightly and stared at the ground and spoke up again. "I'm...I'm sorry about being intrusive...I just heard you crying and...wanted to help...I guess I overstepped my boundaries." He said as he quickly flicked his eyes up to her face, then back down to the ground, embarrassed about how he had acted. He'd kid of realized his mistake, some people just wanted to be sad for a bit, to vent, to let the emotions take control, a mistake he knew, but usually never acknowledged.

But that still wouldn't mean he wouldn't be friendly to her. He wasn't going to try and cheer her up anymore, now it was more of just talking. He crossed his legs and smiled lightly as he spoke. "Well, now that we're properly introduced...why don't we just...talk a little? I'm not going to try to cheer you up, don't worry, I don't want to be intrusive on your life..." He rested his hands on his knees as he continued. "Do you often go off alone, or is this a one-time thing?"
She rubbed her face harshly, trying to get rid of the last traces of her tears as the boy apologized once more for what he had done. She just sighed and shook her head, trying to let him know that it wasn't exactly his fault. "It doesn't matter, it was silly anyways.. " She tried to smile, a weak attempt as she admitted. "My brothers weren't that good at dealing with a girl crying.." She stared down at her hands as she sighed. "You learn quickly to grow up.." She knew she'd probably learned a little too early but she didn't mind now that she was truly grown.

He turned the conversation away from the whining and tears to just regular everyday things as Miriette flicked her ears back a moment and sighed. When he decided that he wasn't about to try and cheer her up again she smiled weakly and raised a brow. When he asked if she went off alone often she asked, "What exactly do you mean?" There were the packlands, wasn't she aloud to explore and wander the lands. So what if she'd got upset and cried because her father was a sour puss and didn't care to know his own daughter.
Ty gave a small smile as he watched her attempt to wipe the now soggy tears from her face, not saying a word. He was still somewhat embarrassed for the way he had acted, but at least the woman wasn't crying anymore. He heard that she had brothers who weren't good at a girl crying either, which did comfort him, he didn't feel like such an idiot. However, he heard her saying something about learning to grow up fast, and his face turned slightly serious, simply replying with a one word answer "Yeah... and he didn't say another word about that, not wanting to delve into it anymore.

When she got confused about his question, he chuckled lightly, somewhat entranced with her accent and mannerisms. Scratching the back of his head, he elaborated calmly. "I mean, do you spend most of your time alone, or are you usually with friends?" He asked her as he observed her face, a very pleasant woman to look at in Ty's view, but he wished to know more about her, of course, and hoped perhaps the discussion will get more and more off of how she was sad today.
Miriette had really no real reason to be mean to the boy but no reason to be nice either. She had wanted to be alone and he'd made it apparent that she wasn't going to be so she knew that she'd just have to do deal with it now. She turned her silvery grey eyes to the male as she sighed and propped her chin up on one hand, wondering what the boy expected out of her now. She hadn't needed saving, she didn't need a knight in shining armor.

When he chuckled she wrinkled her nose and eyed him with suspicion as he seemed to decide to rearrange the words in his previous question in atleast attempt to make it something she could offer a reply to. When he finally did she just shrugged and admitted. "New here, not friends, just me." She hadn't really attempted to make friends though, she was still a little lost on the concept, having only really grown up with her siblings as her close company. The idea of letting others get to know her was still a foreign idea and one she was unsure of still.
"I see." He said with a small nod. "I guess being alone is what you want to do don't you?" He asked. He could feel now that she just wanted him to go away, she didn't want to talk or be friendly, she was obviously a loner, she just wanted him to leave now. So, Ty attempted to reach a point where he could leave, not wanting to make her feel more uncomfortable then she already was.

"I'm just not used to seeing people alone, all my adventures I was with a group of people, seeing someone alone...saddened me I guess." He sighed lightly, shaking his head. "As much as I know how good it feels to just get away from everyone, sometimes people just get crazy being alone." He looked at the ground now, looking over his hand. "It's a weird trait of mine I guess..."
Miriette had no clue what in the world to do, she had no way to explain to him that even living in a pack the small family had been loners. She sat there and just picked at a burr in her fur while the newest packmate she'd come across tried to pull her out of her shell. She'd heard in time that she would make it on her own but this boy who seemed to think that he could bring her out on his own was kindof amusing. She raised her eyes once more as she shrugged. "It who am.. I not use pack that wants me.. I'm not certain I wants here yet." She didn't want the boy to think it was his fault she wanted to be alone but none of this was easy for her.

When he tried to explain that he'd always been part of a big group she just nodded and let him speak on. She wrinkled her brow slightly as he mentioned that it saddened him to see others alone. I'll live." she said with a small smile as she tried to stop a yawn from emerging but failed. She turned her eyes back to the boy as she frowned and admitted. "I need sleeps.." she said suddenly before waving a hand at him. "go ways." She was just so damn polite.
Ty chuckled at her rather impromptu interjection for him to leave, as she was tired. He wasn't overly offended by it, rather, he was amused by the humorous way she said it. Getting to his feet, he smiled kindly and waved to her before turning on his heel. "As you wish...but if tyou do ever want a friend to talk with, know you got me now." He said with another wave.

and with that, he walked off in a random direction, not too sure where he was headed or why he was headed that way, but he knew that he wasn't welcome here anymore, but he couldn't help but feel better from the experience meeting Mirette. Although she was a loner, he couldn't help but feel she was destined to have a very eventful life her eat Pheonix Valley, whether she wanted to or not.