and now, reality.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
i started a thread for us, if you guys want. if not, then this will just become all welcome. :] (377)
    So they had been used just like that. Jael still pondered what reason Vitium would have sent them to a clan where he was a known traitor. Why he contradicted his own words and turned against his own family to come to the defense of a wolf, and yet preached against them. Did he simply blame the wolf for his own exile? Or was he simply so mad he didn't even realize what he did anymore? The scars across his sire's face were less wounds inflicted in some great battle now as the marks of his betrayal carved by his own blood. Had he honestly wanted something better for them? Or truly wanted them to be killed? And rather than do it himself set about an elaborate plan to have them execute an adventure and boast his name proudly, only to be cut down and not have the faintest idea why. Gabriel could have easily slain them, the children of a traitor, but he had allowed them to remain within his clan. Their ties of blood seemed stronger than their father's betrayal. Jael was unsure if he even wanted anything to do with his father. But what of his mother? He still couldn't simply believe she was an angel, but she seemed a hell of a lot purer now than their father was shown in his true light.
    Jael looked ahead to the huge mansion where Gabriel had informed him earlier Halo was residing. He thought he caught the occasional scent of Enigma as well, but he couldn't be sure. Wending his way though the garden and the rose bushes in full bloom, their perfume surrounded him like a veil making it harder to pick out individual scents. Pausing, he knew he didn't want to search the countless rooms of the giant manor for possible signs of Halo. She might not even be within at the moment. Instead, he tipped back his head and called out to them in a voice that was purely wolf. A throaty, mournful howl they would easily recognize if they were in the area, asking them to come and find him. He had trailed behind them long enough after they had abandoned him. Now it was their turn to seek him out.
[/html]
Enigma had been laying on his belly high up on one of the cliffs overlooking the ocean when he'd heard the voice of his brother. His ears pinned back in annoyance, so the boy had actually decided to come along instead of seek out their pathetic excuse for a mother. He wouldn't admit it but he was impressed that the male was still alive, he'd always been a weakling, always whimpering for their mother and doubting the words of their father. So dad hadn't turned out to be much of anything either, atleast he'd given them the keys to their own personal heaven to say the least, what had Colibri given them, nothing.

A soft growl rose from his throat as he scooted back off the edge of the cliff and drew himself up. He knew he could just ignore his brother and leave it to fate for their paths to cross but since he had actually come this far Enigma figured he might as well see what all this fuss was about. He brushed the bits of grass and sand from his pelt as he casually made his way down the winding path towards the mansion in the distance. He wasn't going to run like the wind just because it was his dear sweet brother that was sending up the call. Everything about him screamed wolf, even his damn voice, their father should have just killed the runt when he had the chance.

The boy with the coat of sundried grains paused before the figure of his sibling as he asked dryly. "You rang o' loving brother?.." He hoped his sibling would learn quick that he was not some mongrel pup to be at his beckoning..
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
replying now, though halo can still come in at any time. :]
    Enigma was the first to approach, if Halo or another were to approach at all. His call had been loud, and any clan-member could some seeking the strange, wolfish voice at any moment. His brother greeted him with the usual sarcasm underlayed with a distinct hatred despite their shared blood. And Jael simply smiled back--a soft, sweet expression that lacked any sort of malice. "I see you still despise me for no reason other than I look like her," he replied, a faint ridge of hair lifted along his back.
    Jael had always been the outcast, and for what? Some petty excuse, hating him because of his fur color. They were of the same flesh and blood, and now all the children of an infamous traitor. "Do you still blindly follow Daddy now that you know you were lied to and used like nothing more than a worthless tool?" Jael grinned now, flashing his fangs in a purely delighted expression. Dark and calculating, unlike the weak wolfling they had always presented him as being. Jael had never been weak--they had always simply failed to overlook his wolfish appearance and obeyed Vitium's teachings like blind sheep.
    "He betrayed his own fucking family and his own fucking clan over a simple wolf. That sounds just like the hero you believe him to be, eh? He wanted us dead, or why would he have sent us waltzing right into the jaws of a pack that outcasted him?" He stated, voice cool and venomous. Calm and poised, always. But rightfully angry over their own personal betrayal.
[/html]
[html]

---

........Unfortunately, the walk back to the mansion was long. Her four legged form kept a high pace, but she wondered if he would still be there by the time she reached the large property. The girl had yet to run into Enigma, which she was fairly certain had arrived not too long after her, by the lingering scent that more often than not hinted about his presence. Her sand coloured brother had yet to make an appearance nor call for her, so Halo had shuffled him out of her mind, as she usually had better things to do, investigating the territory in detail and roaming around to check out the neutral lands. So far she had been able to count five pack lands (the fifth was rather fresh), and she felt depressingly outnumbered.

........Ears perked forwards as she closed in on her destination, just in time to take in Jael’s last, cool words, which were no doubt meant for Enigma. A last swing around the corner, and there they were, her two male siblings. For a moment the girl seemed to hesitate, but her swift moves thereafter made amends for that split moment of nothing. At once she was by their sides, tail wagging contently behind her in a slightly childish manner. In the past she would have brushed up against them, but those times lay in the past together with the childhood that she was working to get rid of. A slightly arrogant gaze in a fiery ruby colour caught a quick overview of the two males. They had not changed a bit. ”Hey, boys, fighting already?” she sang out smoothly, a light accusing tone lingering in the flower scented air.

[/html]
He should have expected the childish almost whiny fury of his brother as he began to lay the truth before him. Enigma had settled on the issue of their father, or lack of, the only good thing the male had given them was a name and the stories of the clan. His eyes narrowed as he growled softly, a low threatening hum in the air before he spoke. "I still don't know why they allowed such a worthless creature like you into our mists.." His dark eyes lowered as he s crossed his arms and raised a brow. "Are you done yet.." he asked, knowing that his sibling would believe that the male that had sired them had wanted them dead in some way or another, he should have went running back to their damn mother long ago, why he stuck with them was unclear to Enigma.

The male let out a long annoying growl as he raised his chin up, bringing his height over his brother, though Jael may have been the one with the wolf blood Enigma's log coyote legs brought his frame taller than the compact solid one of his sibling. Narrowing his eyes as he spoke he let the male know just how childish he was being, "Did you ever stop to think perhaps he wanted us to replace him in the clan, that perhaps he wanted us to have the chance he threw away." He snarled as he continued. "I have no clue why the hell he did anything that he did but I doubt he sent us here to die!" His voice rising as he drew to the end of his short speech.

Suddenly even if there were anymore words that he'd wanted to use he didn't have a chance to as their lone sister appeared from out of nowhere. Flicking his eyes back Enigma studied his darker hued sister as he grunted at her words. Of course they were fighting, was there anything else the two ever did. They were like night and day. His eyes shifted back to his brother, the hatred still throwing darts at the boy as he growled softly. "What would you think sister, if we were doing otherwise?" he asked, the sarcastic tone of his voice ringing true as his eyes never left Jael. If he could kill the bastard he would, he was the weak point in their bloodlines.
[html]
    "Funny," Jael replied coolly to his litter-mate, "that you still cannot accept that we are of the exact same flesh and blood. You're just as much wolf as I am, even if I have Mother's fur color. You're a fool for pretending you're anything different. A liar and a coward, unable to accept reality and wishing you were something you are not." His eyes narrowed, tips of his fangs flashing with each word. "I don't even see why you want to be a coyote so bad. Wolves eat coyotes, in case you haven't realized."
    Enigma rose himself above Jael, as though trying to make some sort of point with sheer physical height. But the pale boy was not intimidated by such an act--if anything, he was amused by his sibling. "Pierrot the clown," he laughed, grinning as though he found the whole situation hilarious. "You still believe Daddy was so righteous," he replied, the title presented for their sire used loosely and if anything, sarcastically, for such a pet-name didn't fit the man in Jael's eyes. "Gabriel could have killed us the moment we announced ourselves as the haughty children of his traitor brother, and I believe Vitium knew that."
    Jael didn't pause in his speech when Halo did appear at his calling. Finally, gaze did shift toward the coyotish girl, saying nothing in response to her words. Enigma was the arrogant little boy, and so for Enigma alone did Jael direct words at. He smiled oh-so-sweetly at the boy whose eyes returned only hatred, daring him to make a move more then simple arguing. If it honestly came to it, Jael wouldn't feel bad about defending himself to the death against his own blood-brother.
[/html]
[html]

Whoops--

........The girl was silent as the words continued to move back and forth between her two male siblings. The words were childish, yet there was a great amount of truth there. It only proved that all three of them were still nothing but a bunch of children. While both tried to play the high cards in the conversation, the girl only listened, her large ears flitching to in either direction to take in the stupid arguments. Truth be told, she had been much like Enigma, but her mind was quickly maturing, and going so far as to pick on a sibling because of his appearance alone when their genes held the same amount of wolf. Enigma did not look much like a coyote either, although some of the features were there. She had been the ‘luckiest’ here, with only her size to hint about her arctic mother. Although their dad was a very touchy subject to her, she refused to fall into the conversation to nag on Jael. Especially because he was right.

She had merely shrugged at Enigma’s reply. She guessed it was true. Siblings were supposed to fight, but not at reunions! She let her tongue fall doggishly out of her mouth, leaning her body towards Enigma though her gaze stayed on the male that had inherited their dame’s snowy fur. ”Aww, it’s so good to have our lovely, looovable, loving family together again!” She snapped out, a beaming smile upon her face, although her ruby eyes were cooling down rather quickly. Their father had fucked up everything, true, but they could do something about it. Not everything had to be about their genetics and parents. It could not hurt to actually get a life.

[/html]
Enigma couldn't help but roll his eyes at the words of his brother. "That's right, Jael's always right, there's nothing he can say that would ever be questionable." he said in a cocky voice before narrowing his eyes and turning those black orbs back to his sibling. "Why the hell are you here then if you have such low thoughts on coyotes.." What the hell was wrong with his sibling. They had never really got along but when their father had taken them from their weak excuse for a mother. He shook his head in disgust and took a few steps towards his sister.

"I don't care what our father did anymore. The clan is our family and all the family I need.." He raised his lips in dislike as he commented sourly. "If you don't want to be part of our family.. you can always leave." He really didn't care if his brother stayed or went. Either way he would serve as a reminder of the weaker side of their family. He sighed in disgust as he turned to look at Halo with a warped smile on his lips.

"So.. does Halo agree with our brother, or do you find as much fault in his cocky words as I do." He knew the male was trying to bait him but he didn't care, if they were going to scrap then they were going to do it off clan lands and if Jael was going to whine to Gabriel about it then before Enigma found himself in deeper trouble he'd really show his elder brother just what he was worth.
[html]
(347)
        "And who said that?" he snarled, "you ignorant, foolish child." Jael was quickly growing tired of this conversation. If they wanted to follow Vitium's word to the ends of the earth, let them. But Jael would be just as through with them as their sire if it came to it. "I don't have to justify myself to the likes of you, but as you have yet to realize you are more wolf than coyote. It's not low thoughts on coyotes, it's accepting your own heritage and not lying because you're too much of a coward to accept who you are simply because of what Daddy told you was right. This is the only family either one of us knows about only because of Vitium and his oh-so-careful upbringing." Honestly, he'd only come here because it was all he knew. If Jael had known where their mother's family was, he probably would have gone there first, leaving his siblings to their own life, even before finding out their father was a lying traitor.
        And he would never run to another to handle their problems, such as the Aquila. If Enigma wanted to take this to the next level he'd have to take it up with his dear brother alone, and no one else. Jael wouldn't throw out harsh words simply to provoke his brother into a fight--if he wished to fight him, he'd simply tear out his throat without a word. But he could honestly care less if his sibling wished to live in ignorance and naivety for the rest of his life; Jael would seek the truth on his own, with or without them. "If you find so much fault in my words then how about you explain yourself. Instead of simply telling me to leave because you've got nothing better to say, please, dear brother, sit down and tell us what you think. How you're not a wolf and how father was right. Tell me," and he smiled, for he honestly wished to see Enigma come out with an intelligent retort rather than some childish come-back.
[/html]