sometimes you can't win them all
Sankor had been trying to avoid all of the pack lately and it only seemed that he had been attracting more and more members around him. The male had laid down upon an old fallen log and rested his head on his forepaws, a soft groan escaping his lips as he tried to find a nice cool spot of shade on the humid day. He hated his thick coat and wished that his thinner summer coat would already come in. He was beginning to think that he was going to have to do some serious grooming if he even wanted the thicker winter coat to disappear. He didn't even want to think about that right now so he just sighed and closed his eyes, hoping if he couldn't see the world it would all just disappear.

...Of course that never worked though and almost as soon as he'd shut his eyes the birds began their melody overhead and the squirrels caused a ruckus in the bushes. He flicked his ears back as a growl of annoyance escaped his throat. Opening one golden orb he glared at a butterfly that had quietly landed on a wildflower mere inches from his maw. He was tempted to snap up the insect and end it's life but he figured the stupid thing would taste horrible. Instead he just gave in and closed his eye once more hoping the surprises had ended for the day.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #258BA4 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

320 words.

ic -

The woods were strange to her, since she spent much of her time on the shore, but Princess had decided that they were nice enough for her to visit. Padding slowly, she was taking the time to admire the view and to listen to the birds when she saw the figure of a wolf on a fallen log. She couldn’t tell if he was sleeping or not, but his eyes were closed, so she supposed that might have been a decent indicator of what he was doing out here on top of a log. He was unfamiliar to her, but she certainly hoped that he was more pleasant than the last man she had met. Haku had been a complete and utter jerk, unnecessarily rude, and just unpleasant to be near. Princess, once more, hoped that this male would be nicer, since she was of the mind that she should wake him up and say hello. Wouldn’t that make him happy, to have her company? Perhaps he was just lonely.

Stepping closer to him, she lowered her face to be level with his closed eyes. “Hey. . . Hey, you. You should wake up. How come you’re sleeping on this log, anyway?” she asked, her voice a loud whisper. She didn’t want to startle him out of sleep, assuming that he even was asleep, but she did want to make him aware that she was present. Thinking it over, Princess decided that he smelled kind of familiar, although she couldn’t place the scent. Maybe he was related to someone in the pack, and that was why he smelled familiar. He also smelled strange, but not in a bad way. He just smelled differently from all of the Luperci she had met in her lifetime. She knew there were those that couldn’t shift, but did they smell differently, or was it just because of who he was that he smelled differently?

[/html]
The dark hued male grumbled slightly when the girl's voice perked up and she demanded he wake. He wrinkled his nose slightly and mumbled. "I'm not sleeping, I'm studying the back of my eyelids.." He groaned as he opened one eye and watched the young woman before him a second before he suggested. "You should try it sometime.." after a second he smiled and added. "How about now? There's room up here for two.." He couldn't help it, the flirting just came naturally and they responded so well. Second nature was hard to lose.

He opened his other eyes and let one long limb slide over the edge of the log as he turned to face the girl. "You looking for something?" he asked, not knowing if he was even able to help her.. even though he had many duties as a highly ranked members.. he was quite good at avoiding those duties from time to time but perhaps today he might as well dabble at those chores.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #258BA4 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

324 words.

ic -

Studying the back of his eyelids? What in the name of all things good would he be doing that for? That was an absolutely absurd thing for him to be doing. His suggestion was not one she liked, because the only time she closed her eyes was to sleep, just like any normal wolf. If she were to close them when awake, she risked missing something that was going on around her. “No thanks,” she muttered, eyeing the log carefully before placing her two front paws on it and scrambling up it awkwardly; her body was not meant for climbing, and it was not until she was already settled on the log next to him that she realized that she could have used the wonderful skill of jumping or leaping to end up on top of the fallen tree, rather than embarrassing herself as she had done. “But I will join you. Just don’t’ fall asleep on me, ‘kay? I’ll get bored.” The warning was very serious, as she couldn’t see why he would want her to be bored - not when he had been so kind as to invite her up there with him.

The view had not changed much, except now she was a little taller than she had been before, and she was next to a strange male. “Naw. . . I don’t think so, anyway. I don’t know what I’d be looking for, not in the forest here. Maybe outside of Dahlia, though,” she mused. Buttface surely wouldn’t be hiding out in the forests inside the pack lands; that was for sure. Her brother was just too afraid of their mother to risk that, even if it meant finding her. That was why she had come to find Tokyo alone, without her brother. It was just wishful thinking that he would come for her. “How come you’re out here?” she asked, turning her attention back to the male beside her.

[/html]