back to the rivers of belief
[html]

No need to match length, Asha is just returning home to her cabin at last. 800+

Upon her return into the tribe lands, Asha couldn't escape to the confines of her cabin right away as hastily as she wanted to. It would simply be disrespectful to both the tribe lands and the tribe members itself if she passed everyone up to be in a hurry to go back to her home again in AniWaya. Plus, it simply wasn't in her nature to do such a thing, seeing as how the daughter of the Bone Bearer was quite the energetic and optimistic extrovert of her lineage line. She had taken care of duties with Dawali, participating in the pack hunt play with the puppies, and getting back into the natural rhythm of AniWaya that thrived in the lands. Once all of that was settled and completed, it was finally time to return back to her true home here; the new cabin that was built for her only a season or so ago.

Grasping the handle, she lightly pushed open the front door effortlessly with several digits of her hand. The door swung open gently, a subtle squeaking heard from the joints. In was the stale darkness that she left behind, filtering out as the fresh crisp air from the outdoors moved in to take captive. It was late afternoon, with the sun heading down the path to where it was destined to disappear behind the western horizon, but there was still a considerable amount of daylight to be had in the day's course yet. Light filtered in from the windows, making the foyer and the contents of the cabin slightly illuminate, but not as bright as it was outside. Taking a feeble step in, the atmosphere in the cabin was humid, musty. The front door had to be left open, and a couple of windows as well to get the season's past air out.

As musty as it was in here, there was a greedy intake of this air. This air was from season's past, the very last air Asha shared within the cabin with Leland. Everything seemed perfectly preserved as she left it, like a silent tomb waiting to be
excavated. There was a rush of memories and something of a deep, dragging feeling felt in her soul the moment she stepped foot in her cabin once again. Perhaps it was slight heartache from the memories shared here, longing to return to her true home, or perhaps it was the fact that this was the last place Asha seen Leland before she went on her journey. It took her a moment to reconcile in her reveries (especially remembering the time where her ankle was broken, and had been a prisoner of this cabin before leaving, which left a subtle smirk at the remembrance), before stepping forward and silently making ways to the middle room of the cabin; observing everything she passed by, remembering everything as how she placed it before she left.

There was a wooden table with two chairs on opposite ends. She was about to walk past the wooden items before her amber eyes passed over something that made her stop abruptly in her tracks, her gaze widening and her breath hitching for a mere moment. It took her a second for her grasp to outreach to the item that was on the table, taking hold of the feathery necklace and holding it up into the streams of light that filtered from the windows. It was shaped into an elaborate flower, surprisingly tailored enough to where it actually did resemble a flower. The petals, however, were an assortment of different avian feathers, all colors. "Oh, Leland..." She then broke the hanging silence of the cabin, shaking her head lightly.

Asha seriously thought she had lost the trinket Leland had made for her before she left. She was certain that she lost it along the way of her journey, quite angry at herself for misplacing such a treasured item. But as fate had it, it had been here all along, still and silent upon her table. This made her slightly upset, surprised that she had forgotten the token gift all along. Her fingers ran through several feathers, feeling their soft light texture. For a second she simply reveled in the item. You said that you'd never want to hurt me, ever. I guess I broke my promise in that. But it was for the good of the tribe, I was hoping you would understand. Maybe you did, maybe you didn't. Guess it doesn't matter now, because all that I have left of you is this. In which she shook her head once again. Asha didn't like this feeling that was happening within her. That strange feeling of longing, emptiness. She had everything in AniWaya, and the one thing that she was at least eager to get to, it wasn't here anymore. It wasn't anywhere.

Holding the necklace, her gaze shifted to outside the window. Aidan was nearby, grazing in the tall grasses right outside the cabin. For any onlooker or traveler that passed by the cabin, it was evident that someone at the moment occupied it, with the door swung right open and an equine nearby, signaling a traveler had made a stop (in this case, Asha returning back to her home).

[/html]
[html]

Occ: W.C.: +500

Catherine was going around the tribe, looking for any message that needed to be delivered. Being the only scout in a growing tribe was very tiring, but she could manage it. She always did. After that, she'd go take a bath in the creeks and go back home to rest a bit and maybe play checkers. Of course, no one was made of iron. And that surely applied to her.

Bluma was in a slow -perhaps tired- gallope, as willing for rest as her rider, or the peregrine falcon that flew above their heads. Of course, Saw was the one that got less tired out of that job, only enjoying the cozy warm of Catherine's long fur neck, enjoying the landscape flowing in front of his eyes. But nobody conplained about it, as he did some tasks himself, like rushing his eyes for any suspicious thing in the borders or inside them, for any trespasser. Not that it was a hard job; it was a piece of cake for him.

They now passed thorugh a different place; maybe they got a bit out of their routine route? It didn't matter, it was fine to know new parts of the territory. After a while, the mare slowed the pace, looking very tired. The wolfess wasn't willing to push the horse forward anymore. They were all tired, and a walk was fine for her.

She was looking for anything and everything at the same time, her mind wandering, when he conscience found something to pay attention at: a little cabin. It wasn't big thing, but it surely looked appealing. The door was open, and a horse was outside -Bluma greeted it with a oft whinne-, which indicated someone was inside. The grayish woman sniffed the air, and fond an unknown scent, although a bit familiar... Dawali's, maybe?

She dismounted, letting the mare go meet the new equine buddy -she didn't look so tired now...- and her long legs pushed her toward the wooden door. And a shock. There was a woman in there, and looked pretty much like Dawali, but with an astonishing reddish hair, markings in her eyes and earrings. The half-blind femme had thougt of doing one of those, but she knew it would ache a bit. After having one in her tongue, she knew how painful -and sometimes bothering- it could be.

It huged what seemed to be a feather collar, but she wasn't very sure. Catherine knocked lightly -almost sheepishly- the wooden door, followed by a timid Hello, may I come in?

She smiled, a quick push in the side of her mouth. Then, she let her eyes wander through the house, absorving the more details she could. It was nice, and even more appealing. Actually, it looked bigger inside than outside. If it was that woman that had built this... wow, the odd famle took off her hat for her. Ah, I'm sorry... Am I interrupting something?, she asked politely. She could come back later, if needed. Actually, she felt like interrupting something. It was rather annoying to feel like that.

[/html]
[html]

500+

The red she-wolf didn't think nothing of it when the sight of Aidan then moved out of sight from her view at the window, seeing as how her equine noticed the other like itself approaching him, and with eager interest to meet others of its similar species, trotted over to acquaint himself with the uniquely pelted female's own horse. The redhead had simply been swimming in her mind's torment all the while, zoning out and separating herself from reality for a brief moment. The recollections of the past flooded her mind, transitioning her to an alternate universe in her memory to where she could faintly relive those fleeting moments for just a second. Her fingers absently ran through the feathers that were woven into the necklace, connecting the necklace's soft touch to that of Leland's embrace and warm figure in her memories. It was almost like she could almost feel him once again, his secure and confident figure, leaning into him and drowning in his presence and warmth...

It was then her stroll down memory lane was all but temporary in this case, for a softly put knock nearly jolted her out of her seat. It certainly wasn't a gentle pull back into reality, and feeling her heart immediately begin to race in her chest, her amber eyes narrowed to the presence at her doorway with a quick swing of her head. Colorful and unique, there were many interesting gray and black patterns splayed across this female's figure; her hair just as crimson as her own, and eyes that were dual colored. Oddly, for all the colors, patterns, and blends that were upon this female, it suited her quite well, and was definitely something to get lost looking at for a mere second. Asha couldn't recall ever seeing someone so colorful of the sort, and definitely knew that this female must have arrived right after Asha left AniWaya for her journey.

It was then there was a long pause, the Amara trying to regain herself in the present. She was at a loss of words, trying to connect the connotations of her brain power back together again. There was a sparkling, comical laugh to befall from her red muzzle then, shaking her head softly and setting the feathered necklace down on the table. "You're not interrupting anything at all. I was just zoning out like the spaz I am. Nothing important." In which she gave another light laugh, a tad bit embarrassed for another to see her gawking into nothingness. Her hand extended forward, gesturing to the extra seat at the table across from her. At the same time, however, she stood up too, just in case the guest wanted a look around the cabin. "Oh, but come in! I actually just returned home right now from my journey, boy, i've missed it here so. I'm Asha Amara, Dawali's oldest daughter. You are...?" She trailed off with a smile, anticipating the colorful woman's name.

[/html]
[html]
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... -mamba.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: --

Catherine watched the woman with slightly curious eyes as she looked at her, but the woman was kind of used with that. Her odd patterns were really something to look at. The red woman layed the feather-thingy in the table, when she noticed that it was actually a necklace. Her limited vision didn't allow her to see any other dateils of it, but that the feathers were placed in a circle.

The grayish female held her tongue at the femme's sarcasm about herself. The half-blind woman listened carefully for the red wolfess' invite inside, as she also introduced herself. So, she was Dawali's daughter? Even Catherine being a close friend of Dawali, she had never heard he got a daughter. Or, as the woman said, daughters. She felt very sheepish with that.

"Nice to meet you, Asha. I'm Catherine Joily, Waya Agateno of the tribe." The woman said, not able to present a family reference. After all, it would mean nothing, as her parents were dead, and she wasn't going to allow herself to recall those memories, neither to give the beast inside her have a motive to get out, unleashed and unpredictable.

She managed to clear her mind of those thoughts and to get back to reality, where she should be. Although she felt a shadow pass in her eyes; she hoped the other female haven't notice that. "It's a good-looking cabin you got, huh?" She commented, looking around deliberately. Her cave looked quite humble and rustic, compared to that small house. It seemed to have a very light dust layer around, which meant there it hadn't been habited for not so long. It made the reddish-brown woman wonder. "So... how long have you been out?" She asked, looking back to Asha, when she noticed the bluntess of her question. "Just curious." She added, trying to don't look unpolite.

[/html]
[html]

300+

Receiving her name as Catherine Joily, it was quickly stored away in mind and memory. Definitely a name that she could not recall from the past, but she was eager nonetheless to meet some new faces in the tribe that were willing to meet her and mingle. Waya Agateno, wasn't one of the scouts? Asha wasn't entirely familiar with some duties of the tribe, but figured that all the other duties mainly consisted of healing, craftsman, hunting, and fire keeping. Due to the fact that Catherine looked so unique, Asha was curious to know where she came from, if she had any family, and what her purpose was here in AniWaya, after all.

Such things were to be saved for later, however, as their introductions and conversations would move forth. With Catherine complimenting on the cabin, Asha's own eyes gave a roving once over of what the cabin entailed. Indeed, it was quite dusty in here; some things never moved since they were originally placed in their positions, and it was a reminder for Asha to start a very late spring cleaning once she had the free time to in the future. "Oh, this old place? It's alright. I had some tribes members from long ago help me out with it. It could always use a little more work, but I like it. I'd offer you some food or drink, but uh... yeah, everything is probably spoiled by now. Do you have a cabin or home anywhere here too?" Asha questioned, curious to know if any others had started the process of building their own abodes while she was gone.

As far as Asha's journey, she was glad to explain. "Mm... i'd say since the start of spring maybe? Supposedly it was only for a couple months, but it felt like a year to me! I went searching for my younger sister Aiyanna and the rest of the AniWaya tribe who were originally supposed to come here with the founders." She wondered how brushed up Catherine was with AniWaya's history before these lands, since many did not realize there were actually more individuals who were composed of the tribe before. "How long have you been out here?" It was then Asha's turn to turn the question around to Catherine.

[/html]
[html]
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... -mamba.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: Shall we start up the plot? *grins widely*

Catherine smiled at the woman's answer. She was rather funny. In her own way, of course, but still funny. She held a laughter, accidentaly letting out light giggle through her teeth. Sge mouthed a muted sorry, feeling a little sheepish.

Asha asked about her own house, and memories from building all alone her own cave-house made her blush under her thick fur. It was relly rough work, with no one else to actually help her out... "Well... I do have a house, near the boarders, but it's... It's not much of a house. It's more like a..." She tried to find a good way to explaine her housem, buts he could find nothing better than the one she already got. "It's more like a cave, but I put up some wooden structures so it wouldn't colapse down, so I could dig out a bit more of it. It's like a very big den, or an underground house." The wolfess tried to explaine correctly, althought it wasn't much of an explanation. Blood flushed in her face again.

Then, it was the Amara's time to answer her question, and she nodded, avoiding her jaw to hang open. It wasn't thatlong, but still was quite some time, from early spring to late summer. And Dawali really had two daughters. He got some experience with children, she must say. And what did she really meant with the rest of the tribe? Were there more out there? That question marked her brain like hot iron, and she wouldn't forget it next time she met Dawali.

Another question? Well, she tried to remember: it had been some time she had joinned. She remembered of... snow. "I guess about... mid winter. Maybe about December... I don't recall completely." She said, still trying to remember. Yes, there was snow and Ember, and Dawali. A quick smile flashed in her face, finally remembering that. Such a weird day...

But then her memory got sharp. Well, Asha rather have the right to know some news. Maybe things like... Catherine's heart shrunk in response to her thoughts. Maybe things like who left the tribe while she was gone. Of course, the first one that she remembered was Leland. But she couldn't let this take over her like when her mother died. She got over her mother's death! She could get over him.

She took a deep breath before continuing. "So, what have you been told? I mean, how much do you know of what had happened while you were gone?" She asked first. If Asha already knew about Leland, there was no need for her to tell that.

[/html]
[html]

Terribly sorry for the wait on my end, finally getting back into the swing of things over here. But yes! Lets start the good stuff, shall we? -rubs hands together- 400+

Seemingly the conversation with Catherine was going quite well so far, and Asha was always enthralled and excited to meet some new faces and individuals within the tribe. Hearing how Catherine took her residence in a cave, Asha at first thought of that to be quite strange, but then again very different and pretty cool sounding. Caves were good places to make one's home in, for the fact that usually caves were very cool in the heat of the day and they provided enough darkness to get some good shut eye. Anything that consisted of an underground house sounded like an interesting thing to see. "Cool! If you would allow me to do so, i'd like to drop by sometime and check this out myself. Never seen an underground house before..." She trailed off, not remembering seeing anything of the such in her memory anywhere else.

With Catherine recalling that she first came to the tribe lands sometime in winter, Asha nodded to this. Sounded about right, Asha had a sprained ankle during the time and really acted like something of a recluse to the rest of the pack as she healed her ankle at home. It was the Catherine continued to ask what Asha had been told about things ever since she had been gone. Well. Asha had to pause momentarily about this, thinking of the things Dawali told her when she first came back to the lands. There were notable things, such as Ayegali and Leland, that were the most important of news to strike her rather close to the heart. Too close, even. There was a slight pause before Asha spoke, but then made up her mind to tell Catherine what she had been told. "Well. I honestly didn't know anything until I just recently came back, and Dawali was the first one I spoke to here. He told me that Ayegali resigned from being the Raven Chief here, which I was shocked to hear about. Also, someone I happened to know, Leland, departed here on such short notice..." And it was then her chest suddenly got tight with mentioning his name, feeling an unmistakable pain in her chest. It could clearly be seen on her face, as her eyes strayed to the necklace Leland had made her on the table. There was a long momentary pause that rested over Asha until she shook her head firmly and suddenly laughed. "Heh. Sorry 'bout that. Leland... he was someone of an important person to myself..." She then further explained, not sure if Catherine knew who Leland was, but was assuming that she didn't.

[/html]
[html]

Catherine was rather amused by how excited the red woman seemed to be as she learned about the grayish femme's house. Yes, she knew it was something quite... unique, but she never expected someone to find it so interesting. She just smiled to the woman, rubbing her neck, embarassed. "Yeah, sure. Feel free to visit me sometime." The woman said, not really knowing what else to say.

Catherine heard to Asha as she told the striped woman what she knew. She already knew about Ayegali, and a wave of sadness hit her. She really liked Ayegali, and her departure had been hard for the warm-hearted woman. The femme was suddenly recovered from the sadness as she said his name. What? She knew Leland? A brand new, stronger wave of disappointement and sadness hit her, with the might of a giant tsunami. For a second, she couldn't feel her legs. It didn't bother as it used before, as she had got used with that. Her normal reaction whenever she remembered of him.

But, then, Asha said he had been inportant for her. Jeez! How much could the both females get more alike?! Catherine blinked twice, her eyes a little wide with the shock. She quickly tried to recover her expression, but didn't succeed. "You--" --And she had to swallow before continuing, as a large lump in her throath made her voice break."You knew... Leland?" She asked, not able to hide the surprise in her pitch voice. Saying his name didn't help to wash away that numbness in her limbs. Actually, she felt her heart hammer her ribs as it raced away, the memories of that night flashing in front of her eyes. A new blush warmed up her face, stronger than before. That amazing night... She repressed a sigh and tried to get those thoughts off her mind before the red she wolf could read them in her eyes. Again, she failed.

[/html]
[html]

200+

Glad to know that she was welcome to stop by Catherine's den sometime, Asha would have to make a point of that go and indeed visit. It was nice to say that Asha could have friends again in her home land to where she can go to their dens and converse like normal individuals did. The Amara really truly did feel like home again, and couldn't wait to rekindle with everyone.

Suddenly, it was as if Catherine looked confused or shocked. This in turn made Asha slightly bemused too, wondering if she said something that sounded out of the ordinary. No, Asha didn't recall saying something strange whatsoever. It was then Catherine stuttered out that Asha knew Leland too, and for a moment Asha was stunned to know that Catherine had a remote idea of who she was talking about. Guess this was a small world after all. "Oh, so you've met Leland before he left?" She inquired, and then looking down at the necklace on the table, sighed. Might as well explain. "Yeah, I know him. Or, knew him. Too well, actually. He was... well, he wasn't anyone significantly close, but almost. Something like one of those unwritten romantic stories that don't have an ending, and probably never will..." Was how she explained it, tacking on a light laugh and not expecting Catherine to be more personal than Leland than thought of.

[/html]
[html]

Catherine looked with shoked, but unwide eyes. Of course she noticed the glance the red she wolf gave to the feathery necklace. What meaning did it had for her? Maybe it wasn't her business, but she felt almost the need to know. As if something like that would threaten her. What a stupid feeling! But what did she mean by romance? An endless romance...? What --

Her eyes widened, but the shock in them seemed to fade. A new feeling, a strange feeling. She couldn't find a name to describe it. Maybe there wasn't a name for it. How silly of her... Or not? It was a twist of rage and thrill. Something between them, but more for anger. Odd...

She then asked with hard eyes, a type of look not usual to the warm, kind hearted woman. "What do you mean? I mean I... You -- I mean, you two..." She knew she wasn't making any sense, but it was harder than it looked, to say that out loud... "You two... loved each other...?!" She asked, her voice getting a bit too pitch in the word. But with what calm could she speak of that unknown relationship?! It felt like she was discussing her own death! Unbearable to talk, a taboo. She felt her hands close into fists, so tightly it even ached her palm and fingers. And she felt like punching him, if that love of theirs was true after all... What a bastard, to take her to such limits... Even after that night... She couldn't help the wave of bliss that crushed over her, drowning the pain and hate for a few seconds before it could fade. And she finally found the word for that feeling. Jealousy. So, it did had a name. And knowing it made her even more anger, her sharp nails just a step from cutting through her palm.

[/html]