that can take it all away
[html]<style type="text/css">.v001 b {color:#c58c1e; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;} .edt {display:none;}</style>
[/html]
Sun sparkled through the pine foliage after having snaked through the first layer of deciduous leaves, hitting the ground in vibrant slashes of gold and red and painting the woods with flames. They licked and climbed up the bark of several trees and brought out the wildlife, including a small hybrid child who wound with relative grace and ease through the dense trees, her footsteps completely muffled by the carpet of pine needles below her. A small giggle escaped her youthful lips at the silence with which she could travel, and her fluffy tail bobbed back and forth as she walked ponderously along. Haste was not something she believed was a necessity in most any case.
This place had a sharp contrast to the beach she much favoured, but in its own ways, the tutelary Dampwoods had redeeming qualities. She could not yet walk across sand so quietly as she did here, for her feet would make gentle whoosh sounds with every slippery step. The beach was often hot, and while it was almost nothing to her, sometimes cooling down was nice as well.
And, of course, the woods were dark. They were perfect for games like hide-and-seek. And that was what de le Poer imagined she was doing: seeking something that was hiding. Some secret getaway, or hidden treasure, or maybe an evil spirit to vanquish. Or maybe she was searching for the answers to questions that bothered her sometimes, like why her father didn't ever come to see her, why he didn't care about her. Why she was not supposed to exist, even though she didn't yet know she was a mistake made in haste.
[html]
[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table8.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Swift burnt orange legs and paws carried the Aatte over the various territories of Nova Scotia. He had set out from the packlands to do a bit of exploring. It felt like ages since he had gone on a venture like this. The last he could recall was the multiple day little journey he had taken after learning to shift. After that the house of cards that had made up his life had come tumbling down and left him lost in the dark. He had hidden himself away inside the bottle, hardly ever leaving his dirty little prison. But then his fortunes had turned and he had helped to form Cour des Miracles. Once again his life made sense and so once again he felt the need to stretch his legs and let his heart wander.

Making this trek on the back of Drogon would have undoubtedly made it faster, but Haven had spent so little time in his four-legged form lately that he wanted to become reacquainted with it. Between playing his guitar, training with his sword, and training with the mustang he had hardly left his optime form. While he did prefer the benefits of that body, he always liked the simplicity his natural form brought. Plus traveling on his own was much quicker this way.

The cool cover of the dense woods were a welcome reprieve from the heat of the day. Pink tongue lolled out as he panted, his feet carrying him almost soundlessly through the trees. From the quiet he thought he might be the only thing around, but bi-colored ears caught the sound of a soft giggle. Curious, he trotted off in the direction of the laugh. As he came closer to the source the clan scent of Inferni hit his nose and he knew why that giggle had sounded familiar. Jade eyes caught sight of the large eared girl. "So what's a troublemaker like you doin' all the way out here, huh?"

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.v001 b {color:#c58c1e; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic; line-height:0.8em;}</style>

mall-caps;">don't let me stop you from doing what you wanna do
you don't wanna stick, trust me, it's cool
[/html]
The last time she had seen the creature that came across her, Haven had been much smaller. However, in comparison to her the young man had been approximately the same. Now, though, he was big and sturdy, somewhat intimidating and undeniably handsome. Had she been any smaller and had she never met him, she might've shrunk away from him, but she knew exactly who he was. He was harmless as far as she was concerned, and anyway, she was old enough to handle herself. Her tail waved brightly behind her as she turned to face Haven Aatte with a wide grin that was untainted by Inferni's traditions and ways yet, and her battish ears flung forward to meet his advance.
Hi, Haven! she greeted him with a laugh, and then admitted quite plainly to the crime: I was just… I dunno actually. But now I guess I'm gonna be here with you! She really was somewhat young at heart; five months old already and still acting just a little younger. Perhaps it would be to her detriment someday, but at the present time Valkyrie de le Poer had little care beyond her life in Inferni and her friends Zana and Haven that had anything to do with breaking that mould.
Woah, cool earring! It's even your favourite colour. she commented (and simultaneously complimented), her golden eyes fixing on the little piece of jewelry pressed into his white ear with a twinkle. She just loved how his one ear was so different from the other; no doubt if she could see the dragon on his wrist from there, she would've been absolutely transfixed and determined to get one for herself. Mischief etched across her features as she eyed it, and when her gaze returned to his own forest-y regard, her tail gave another shake. Where'd ya get it?
[html]
[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table8.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Valkyrie had grown a good deal since he had last set eyes on her. He had seen Ryan a while ago in the city, though that memory was incredibly fuzzy and unclear due to the large amount of alcohol he had ingested that day (and later, thrown back up). His one memory of meeting the girl in front of him was very fond though and he was glad to see her again. His tail waved behind him like an orange banner and his jade orbs were bright. "Hey there Val." Haven couldn't help but think how similar that answer was to something he would have said not too long ago. "Hey, whatever works, yeah? Any reason to explore is a good reason, even if it is no reason." There was a little worry for her safety being out here on her own (a concern that he had never had for himself), but they weren't very far from the clan lands, so surely she was fine.

The young Knight couldn't help but let his chest puff out a little at her compliment as it used to do so often when he was a pup. She was one of the few females that had ever complimented him on his piercing. His mother Anu had been none too pleased and Brooklyn had nearly scolded him as well. He still didn't get what their problem with it had been. "Thanks! Yeah it is! That's why I chose it. And you even remembered my favorite color, you thoughtful little thing." It really did flatter the Aatte that she had remembered that. "I found the ring in the city and my uncle DaVinci pierced it for me. Maybe if your mom says it's okay I could show you where I got the ring sometime," he said with a wink. He didn't want to be a bad influence on the girl at all, but it was kind of fun to hold the idea in front of her.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.v001 b {color:#c58c1e; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}</style>

mall-caps;">don't let me stop you from doing what you wanna do
you don't wanna stick, trust me, it's cool
[/html]
A little memory bank whirred in her mind as she deconstructed her prior memory of the wolf and reconstructed a new present image, locking it away for future reference. Soon enough she would stand upon two legs like he could, and like Jael could — like everybody in her life — and maybe then they would meet like that. Maybe something magnificent would happen, like an adventure, when that day came. But probably not.
Valkyrie was resigned to believe life was ever a cyclical thing. In it, she was doomed to do the same things over and over until accomplishment was achieved, and when that happened, she would die. A morbid thing for a youngster to think, but by now Zana had begun to have an influence on her, and one that was none-too optimistic. Still, she was carefree thing, and even if life was to be cyclic, she would merely dance on through her duties to it.
Cool! she said in response to his offer, which was incredibly enticing. Like hell her mother would let something like that happen to her just yet… But maybe some persuasion, if well placed and put forth by Haven who was surely a respectable guy, would take hold. That'd be awesome!
Yeah. Oh! What were you doin' out here anyway, Haven?
[html]
[/html]
[html]
I <3 Val

Valkyrie was one of the few people he knew that was younger than him. The only others were Savina and Kansas' pups, but they hardly counted because he couldn't really say he "knew" them. They had only just been born when Haven had found out about his father and hidden himself away. So actually being older than someone else was a sensation that he was still getting used to. For in part of him it brought out that younger side, but in another part it made his more mature, adult side shine through. He didn't want to be a bad role model for anyone. Not that he thought of himself as a role model for Val, but just in case he was he wanted to set a good example.

The boy laughed heartily as the smaller girl was indeed interested about going to look for an earring. He had no idea how Ryan would feel about such a thing, but she had never said anything negative about his piercing. Of course they had both been heavily intoxicated, but he decided to overlook that fact. "Though I supposed we'd have to find two for you. I think girls usually have two. One for each ear." At least that was the conclusion the hybrid had drawn from what he had read and seen. "Me? Ah nothing really. Just exploring like I used to all the time. I haven't been out and about lately, been really busy doing stuff around the pack." The Cour des Miracles member was continuing to work with his mustang and of course training with his sword.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.v002 b {color:#71331c; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic; line-height:0.8em;}</style>
http://sixpop.com/files/402/valktemp.png) bottom no-repeat #dacec3; font:8.5pt Georgia; color:#554d47; line-height:1.3em; padding:1.0em; padding-top:0.0em; padding-bottom:10.0em; text-align:justify;">[/html]
Tch, I love Haven! He's so sweet. And so hot. Homnomnom.

Oh, so she'd get two, would she?
That was even more exciting!
She didn't say it, but Valkyrie could hardly wait for time spent with Haven when she could be of some use. An apprentice to him maybe, or capable of doing more than walking and talking. The form she was in was seriously limited when it came to life in the present, and she knew soon enough she would be well out of it, but until then she was doomed to be of little use to anybody. Still, it didn't perturb her any from the possibility of further time spent with the creamsicle wolf that was standing before her.
Momentarily, she sought his green gaze with no real explanation for having done so. The hybrid in her knew that eye contact with wolves was wrong, and hers dropped immediately following the fact, but not before her vibrant gold-yellow had shone for them. At mention of "the pack", she found herself slightly confused — like their clan? — but did not comment too much on that confusion. In time all would be revealed. Instead, the golden maned wolf lookalike was content to dwell on specifics: What do you do in your pack?
[html]
[/html]
[html]
;D

Haven could never really put a finger on the coyote clan. Until recently he hadn't ever harbored them any ill will. Even now it wasn't the clan itself, just a particular member. At first he hadn't had a thing against them. Everyone he had met there, Siobhan, Ryan, and Valkyrie, had all been so nice to him. There were some wolves who had told him that he needed to be careful when going there, but he had never had any problem. Though he did find their purist attitude a little off putting it wasn't anything too bad. Though the way that this Ezekiel had treated Siobhan towards the end of her time in the clan upset him. He couldn't so how such mean creatures could coexist with such gentle ones. It seemed the ultimate oxymoron to him. Though Val was definitely not the one to ask about it. Maybe if he ran into Ryan again he could question her.

The burnt orange male could never see himself turning Val away for anything. He genuinely enjoyed her company and would be happy to spend time with her and show her all he could. He remembered well that frustration of wanting to be able to shift when everyone around you could. It was well worth the wait though. Even though he was in his lupus form now, most often he was in his bipedal body. It was just more convenient and comfortable for him. Haven tilted his head to the side when she made eye contact and then dropped it. Why had she dropped her gaze? He hoped she realized there was no need to be formal. Not around him.

But with her question he dropped anything he might have said about it. "I do quite a few things actually. Right now I'm a kind of ambassador to the other packs, though I haven't done much of that yet. I'm also a Knight, so it's my job to make sure everyone is kept safe. I've been training with a sword to help me with that. I also found a mustang and have been training him. I can ride him and it makes getting across large distances much faster. His name is Drogon, you should come see him sometime." Drogon seemed to enjoy the company of luperci, more than he had expected the equine to. He'd love to show off his friend to the bat-eared girl.

[/html]