you're the best i got
[html]<style type="text/css">.v001 b {color:#c58c1e; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic; line-height:0.8em;}</style>

mall-caps;">don't let me stop you from doing what you wanna do
you don't wanna stick, trust me, it's cool
[/html]
It was mid-evening, and Valkyrie had just finished dinner with her mama. Ryan was probably the very sun in the youngster's world, shining brighter than even the evening stars that momentarily caught her eye as she trekked quietly across their territory to the beach. She was allowed out until darkness struck the land, and she often pushed her boundaries just slightly to remain longer by the ocean. She promised never to go far into it, and for now was not necessarily interested in it. Swimming in that form was both tiring and awkward, though Val had never shifted before. She had very little concept of whether it was true or not that it was easier in the bipedal form she would, someday, achieve.
When she reached the shore, she took a customarily vigilant posture, sitting silently in the sand with a wide smile for the ocean that met with the coast in some sweet love, petting it like a lap dog and combining with it to make all the world's possibilities into one. Every opportunity possible was there in the crest of a tutelary wave offshore, protecting the pack as well as offering her every chance to make her life her own, as far as de le Poer was concerned; someday, she would reach them all.
[html]
[/html]
[html]

Ever since first coming to the beach to relax, and meeting the clans centurion--and discovering a potential friendship--Ryan, Jezebel had felt herself drawn to the cool, clear waters of the coast. So it was fair to assume on a clear and calm evening such as this the ash and white woman would lean toward a relaxing stroll along the shore. She set out in lupus form, enjoying the feel and stretch of each muscle as she made her way down from the caves at an easy lope. With each intake of breath through her sensitive nose Jezebel took in the different scents of clan, some more sharp and recent then others.

One such scent especially caught the red eyed coyotes interest, and she followed it at a trot as she reached the lukewarm sands. Jezebel thought for a moment that she was following Ryan's scent, and thought it would be nice to see the kind younger woman again, but after a moment a tiny figure came into a sight and Jezebel slowed to a walk, trying to discern who it might be in the dim light of dusk. “Hello,” Jezebel called out with a curious tilt of her head, and angling of ears, stopping when she finally came within talking distance.

It turned out it wasn't Ryan after all, but a young girl who could only be Valkyrie. Jezebel had only heard of two youngsters in the clan after all, and she had already met one of them. Zana; the distrustful and verging on annoying youth. “My name is Jezebel.” The woman introduced, giving a brief, disarming wag of her tail. “Having fun?” Jezebel asked, figuring someone her age would be making sand castles or--she supposed--trying to kill birds.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.v001 b {color:#c58c1e; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic; line-height:0.8em;}</style>

mall-caps;">don't let me stop you from doing what you wanna do
you don't wanna stick, trust me, it's cool
[/html]
Were she capable of observing the differences with somewhat of an analytical mind quite yet — she was reaching that point but her child's mind left her reeling when she did — she would realise she and Zana were polar opposites. Unlike the ginger girl, Valkyrie was quick to trust, particularly because nothing had ever happened to her to take that trust away. Plus, if individuals in the clan approached her they had to do so with some degree of safety, for her mother and Gabriel would never allow for dangers to the children to enter their ranks. The clan was more structured than that.
So when Jezebel came upon her and hailed her, Val did not jump or grow defensive in the woman's company. Her curious yellow eyes sought the other, surprised briefly (but not at all shocked) to see even more red eyes in coyotes, before they moved down the soft colours mingling between her jaw and the top of her snout. She liked the contrast, and her tail thumped once as this was made known.
Hi, she returned with a smile, calm as ever as she regarded the woman. I'm Valkyrie. Val also liked the white on her — it looked good! — and when her eyes found the little cross hanging from the other's neck, she focused on it for a moment. It was simple, onyx and acceptably small, but a nice accessory whose meaning she did not yet know.
Living in a religious clan with a religious leader would make it very probable that, in the future, she would be acquainted with God.
Yeah, she told the woman then, dropping her gaze for a moment to the sand. The beach is my favourite place to go. Is it yours too?
[html]
[/html]