thread title missing
[html]
The young female had a tendancy to act a bit too childish for her age. She couldn't help it though. If she felt like playing then she was going to play. She just had that sort of energy to spare. But now was actually one of her quieer moment. Perhaps it was because it was the evening. She had spent the day running around, searching for the loose end of family she was said to have. So far she hasn't made much progress in that area. That is what plagued her thoughts as she stared into the river with its thin ice coating. The area outside of the pack was big and vast and she was wonderng how she was going to cover it all. Anyone she had talked to didn't know her dad or hadn't heard from him for quite awhile. Where could he be? Had he found her mom while she was out looking for him.

Thoughts eventually faded away into silence as icy blue eyes followed the movement of the fish beneath the ice. One paw shifted out from under her head to press against the ice, claws scratching against the surface. Her thoughts had picked up on trying to figure out how to get one of those goodies out from beneath the ice. She refused to put any sort of real weight against it. Her and water didn't really get along since she couldn't swim. Other than that she remained rather pensive in appearance. The silver maiden from which she had gotten her name highlighted the area all around her. Perhaps she should be sleeping. After all it was unknown what the next day would bring. Still, she wasn't really tired though. Just in a quieter mood for once. Perhaps she had started to feel her age and knew that she had to grow? Nah, most likely not. She just wasn't quite as hyper at night.
[/html]
[html]
This is going to be fun!

Having allowed Zorion to free-range today (with a note attached to his neck explaining the reason for being out in this area without a chaperone) without any of his tack on, which felt really great. He was used to the saddle and bridle strapped to him most of the time, but getting a good scrub down and brushing never hurt anyone. After their morning bath, Moon and Zori went their separate ways. And since he was growing tired of walking on two legs, he had shifted earlier that morning after their bath and had gone along on his way. Lunch consisted of a small rabbit that barely filled him up, so he was now looking for a late-afternoon snack. It was getting late, true, but he didn’t mind catching something to bring home. Zori could fend for himself – grass really wasn’t terribly hard to catch.

On his way home, his stomach began to growl. Rolling his eyes, the grey wolf moved toward the river that he knew was there and found a small silver-trimmed child with chilling blue eyes. She was a beautiful little trinket but she seemed to be lost or hungry, or even worse, both. Smiling at her, Moon moved forward and watched as she pawed at the ice. "Are you hungry?" he asked softly, hoping not to scare her or chase her away. All he wanted to do was help and being friendly seemed the only way he knew how to start. Watching her through his bright silver eyes, the greyscale wolf sat down a few yards away and let himself smile, trying to remain calm, gentle, and welcoming. Even though he was well-muscled, he wasn’t too big of a wolf to scare anyone away. And he hoped that his gently wagging tail would help put her at ease.

[/html]
[html]
Why was it that everyone seemed set on not frightening her? But then they couldn't really know her personality by just looking at her. They can't know that just because she seemed delicate that she wasn't as fragile she she seemed. She witnessed her mother spiraling further and further into madness and it hadn't had some tramatic damaging effect on her. She had been told that her father had abandoned her but it hadn't broken her spirit. Rather she still searched everyday for him and the other family she had been told on. If she didn't give up when she was told that Chimera no longer existed why would she give up if she was told that her dad didn't love or want her? She was a resiliant young lass. Not matter the setbacks she always seemed to bounce back. It was just in her nature. Just like she had a friendly and trusting outlook to everyone that she encountered. She figured that since they were all wolves they were all family and that family didn't hurt one another.

At the words head lifted from the ground. The smile taht formed over her lips simply added to the faineant air surrounding her. Was she hungry? She had to think about it for a moment. "A little bit." Words were admitted softly. One last look was spared to the fish that she couldn't reach before she looked back to the young male. Working to get her footing amongst the snow the pup stood slowly and stretched herself out. Pelt shook itself out to try and remove the flakes of snow that clung to her coat. "Are you hungry? I can probably find something." That friendly, helpful offer was made in usual Selene fashion. While she waited, still standing on all four paws, tail wagged lightly behind her. The female enjoyed meeting new people amongest other things. The dancing light in her eyes, and hidden jsut behind her smile, spoke of the excitement at the prospect even if she wasn't hyperly bouncing about as per usual.
[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the slow reply. :\

"Yeah, a bit," he confessed, looking at her pretty complexion. Roman had described his mate, who had left him in the middle of her pregnancy, as being a delicate white creature with the most gorgeous blue eyes he had ever seen. Roman actually had a painting of his mate hanging in his house up North, which lead Moon to believe that this little girl was the spitting image of her mother. Roman knew that he had children somewhere, but he didn’t know how many or what their names were. But he hoped that one day he would be able to find them and be a good father to them, but for now his leg was still healing, and he had to get better before he could travel at all.

Moon shrugged at her next words, his brows arching a bit. "Well, I sort of thought that I could catch a fish or two for us. It’s rather easy once you know how it’s done." The silvery wolf smiled at the small, white child and wondered where she was from, and if she indeed was a d’Angelo as he guessed. "I’m Moon Phoenix, by the way. Who’re you?" He hoped that she would give him both her first and last names, so he could find out if his suspicions were in fact true. He had an idea of her heritage, but having never known her mother, Moon couldn’t be sure that she was Roman’s daughter. He would just have to wait, and with some luck, he’d know soon enough.

[/html]
[html]
I apologize for the wait

Well if he wanted to catch fish then she certainly wouldn't try to stop him. She couldn't accomplish such a feat though. The youth didn't do so well when it came to activities that dealt with large bodies of water. But she was still willign to learn though. She wouldn't mind watchign to see juat what he was talking about. "How are you going to get to them when they are trapped?" Question was asked as head took on a curious tilt. Pale eyes glanced from the fish beneath the ice to the wolf whom had proposed to capture them. Given that she couldn't swim she hadn't tried to fish before. Because of that she wasn't certain of what the taste was like. But right now anything sounded good to her belly.

"Moon!? Your Dad mentioned you!" So this was the boy that Phoenix had spoken of. This was the one with common interest to her own name. "I'm Selene D'Angelo. Mom said that I was as pretty as the moon and so I was named for it. Helios got his name cause he is as bright as the sun. We have our Dad's last name though." She certianly hadn't a problem with delving out personal information to complete strangers. But she didn't really think of things in that sense. Rather she had jsut been excited by the prospect of finally meeting the one with the name similiar to her own.
[/html]
[html]
It’s okay. I’ve been slow too, as you can see. <3

Selene didn’t seem to mind him fishing for their combined breakfast, so he set to finding a soft spot in the ice right in front of them. He left a lip of ice near the bank of the creek and instead stepped out with one paw onto a rock sticking out of the ice, using his free paw to check the firmness of the ice. He found a soft spot and pushed it a little bit, hoping to break it without too much force. He paused for a moment in his ice-pushing when she asked him how he intended to get the fish out from under the ice. He smiled, turning back to her and returning to the bank’s safety. “Well, I was going to break a hole in the ice and sort of lure the fish out. I was taught to put a worm on a stick and let it rest in the water for a minute.

“Fish really like worms, so they’ll bite the worm and get stuck on the stick, if it’s bent the right way,”
he explained calmly, a smile planted firmly on his dark lips. “I’m named after the moon too, because of my silver coat,” he said with a smile, noting her own beautiful silvery-white fur playing in the wind. “My sister’s gold like the sun, so my dad named her Sun. It’s funny how we’re just alike. Maybe my sister and your brother could meet some day.” It was wishful thinking, of course, but it could happen. Then Moon realized the connection between this female and his healer, Roman, and clapped a paw to his forehead in a distinctly Moon fashion. “I think I’ve met your dad! Is your mum named Kaelyn?” He had already forgotten about the fish he was supposed to be finding in the icy water beneath the lake’s frozen surface.

[/html]
[html]
Mom is over from England and has forced me out with her.

Nod was given as the idea of fishing was basically explained. Still it wasn't something she was looking for to trying herself. She simply didn't get along with water. Being unable to swim made it reasonable that she didn't wish to get too close to the river. So if Moon wanted to step out onto it and fish well... she would wait for him on the shore. Though should something happen she really wouldn't be much help at all. She wouldn't even begin to know what to do. So she would only have to hope that nothing happened. And at the moment it didn't seem as if there would be any worries at all since the older would had seemed to have forgotten all about the task.

"Maybe... Helios is in Taceli with our Mom though." The thought reminded her of how much she missed her sibling. They actually got along quite well with only minor rivalries. They had been close but she had to leave if she wanted to find their dad. But then the other's words had her perking up and forgeting the troubled memories. "You know my Dad!? Where is he!? Yeah, Kaelyn is my Mom. She is real sick though. She keeps on calling out for my Dad." Bright eyes scanned the area as if Roman would magically appear or something. It was foolish to hope such a thing but she did. So far this wolf with a kindred name seemed to be the only one who might be able to tell her where to find her dad.
[/html]
[html]
I suck at replying on time :\ This is going to be short.

“Yeah, he saved my life when I broke some of my ribs. I was in a fever for a long time, but he was careful and tended me very gently.” These things didn’t matter to the little girl, though. All she wanted to know was where her daddy was. “He’s far away, though, with a broken leg. He told me that he wants to come find your mom as soon as he’s better. He doesn’t know your name, though; he’s sad about that.” Moon could remember the first few nights he had been there, when Roman had been dying to hear about Bleeding Souls. Moon was still very young and innocent then. He had still been shy, but when Roman was a gentle giant and his charm soon coaxed him out of his shell. It was thanks to Roman that Moon was now able to approach strangers and speak to them; he was very grateful to the large black male.

[/html]