Live like you were dying
[html]

The pack meeting had been refreshing; she had learned a lot about the pack, about the members. Naniko was a Jagerin now, no longer a Spaherin...so she didn't greet very often any more. She didn't keep track of what people were coming and going, because it wasn't her job to patrol any longer. She didn't have to. She'd met a few pups at the meeting, ones that she didn't even know lived in the pack.

Naniko thought over what had been said at the meeting as she walked along the borderline. Her leg felt so much better now that she was exercising regularly, and she was able to go farther out than ever before. Maybe she'd leave the territory today and go to the city. It was only noon or so, she could get there in a few hours if she really tried.

As soon as she'd made up her mind she changed it again, heading North instead of South. Why not try a change of pace? She hadn't been up to Storm for a while. Maybe she'd run into Iskata, or one of the pups.

[/html]
[html]
I miss my James threads! Do you ever get on MSN anymore? And is Naniko on two or four legs?

Moon was finally adjusted to life back in Storm. Zorion, his equine companion, seemed to like it too. The two of them walked along the Storm border and smiled at each other, having a conversation quietly. They understood each other perfectly, just with body movements and a bit of telepathy, but other than that they were perfectly normal friends. Moon was able to speak to lower animals than he or Zorion, and knew that some squirrels hated wolves because they were always so greedy and grabby. It always made Moon smile to talk to a smaller creature and learn of its life.

Zori was only wearing his bridle today but still felt free. Moon didn’t need to hold the reigns or anything since they were best friends, but the reigns were attached nonetheless, only draped over the horse’s shoulders to keep them out of the way. If Moon needed to ride, he had the reigns to help keep his balance. Sighing, he looked around and noticed a white figure in the distance. Smiling, he noticed that she looked a lot like the small female he had met a few days ago, Selene. Were they related? Whatever the reason, Moon was glad to see some canine company. "Hello there!" he called out, smiling at the female and waving a hand in her direction. Hopefully he didn’t seem too odd.

[/html]
[html]

x33 I wish I still had msn; I use my sister’s computer, and it’s already MEGA slow, so I can’t download anything D: I can get AIM express, though! Do you have AIM? I made a name- jjjadedjjj And I’ll say that she’s shifted, for now. :3 And I gotta say—that Moon avatar is the coolest thing ever. I know you’ve had it for a while, but every time I see it I just love it –drooool- Mostly the eyes.

She hadn’t been doing a lot lately, mostly just going on her rounds. There was a badger that she needed to visit before the end of the day, still, but she would get to him later on. He wouldn’t go anywhere, she felt sure, because of his broken paw…so she only needed to go back to the same spot that they always met, instead of seeking him out. That was the good thing about lower animals; they were sensible enough to do what she told them to do after she helped them. Most wolves tried to work or hunt anyway, even with injuries.

Naniko was still a little thin from her weeks in her den; the coyotes had really done a number on her leg. She’d had Poe there to help her, thankfully, and her cousin had spent the night with her before going on her way in the morning. She knew enough about medicine to be able to take care of herself, and her friend Lucifer had often come by, bringing her things to eat. She’d have to go and see him soon.

The large wolf slowed her pace as she reached the borders of the pack she was visiting. She almost hoped that one of the pups would come to see her—pups were less complicated than adults. They didn’t know that they were her adopted siblings, either…that made things easier.

Just the day before she had learned about Selene, her sister that was living in Storm. Naniko really wanted the little girl to move to Clouded Tears and stay with her there…but she couldn’t make Selene do it. And if the younger wolf thought that Storm would be a better home, then Naniko could accept that. She’d visit her every day, if she could.

She sat down patiently to wait, putting her backpack onto the ground next to her. It didn’t take long for someone to appear, a wolf that she’d never met before, sitting atop a horse. She had seen a horse once or twice before, mostly the rear end, as the horses had always been traveling away from her when she had seen them…normally with a family member or pack member on their back.

”Hello!” Well, this wolf seemed friendly enough. She raised a hand to acknowledge his presence, waiting until he came a little closer to continue speaking. ”I’m sorry for intruding-I was looking for a few of my siblings”
[/html]
[html]
This is going to be short & crappy. Sorry :\

As the pair neared the white female, Moon dismounted and walked next to Zori for the remaining few yards. He let Zori wander off to find some grass to graze on while he turned to the wolf and smiled, listening to her words. “I know what it’s like to visit siblings,” he offered with a friendly wink, looking around the border and then to the sky. He wondered who she could have wanted to see. “Who were you looking for exactly? I know a lot of wolves in this pack, so I could help you find them, maybe?” He didn’t want to seem overbearing for forceful, so he decided to take half a step backwards and find a comfortable log to sit on. He had seen Roman do this many times during his stay with the large black male and took to some of his mannerisms rather quickly. He could vaguely remember a name in his mind that Roman had told him. It was his daughter’s name, though her exact name escaped him. “I’m Moon Phoenix, by the way.”

[/html]
[html]
I feel so much better now that I have a new table :ooo And no worries! My brain is FRIED right out now. See? X_X I typed that, then was like: "wtf!" -beats head on keyboard-

She did like being around horses. There was something that she could vaguely remember from her youth, maybe a game of TAG or something...no, it was hide and go seek! She'd played it with her mother outside the horse barns back in Chimera. The scent of the horse was a comforting sort of smell to her, adding onto the already genial impression that she had of Moon. "Peculiar name" She said, grinning. She knew a few Phoenixes herself! Naniko wasn't sure if Dierdre had taken Phoenix's name, or if she was ever planning on it; for now she thought that the older white female still carried her mother's last name.

"I was hoping to see Selene and Kansas" She admitted, "But I think I've found someone just as interesting. I'm Naniko" It had been a while since she had been offered friendliness, and she soaked it up like a flower in the sun. "Selene is my sister by blood, and Kansas my brother through adoption. Iskata was my adopted mother"

[/html]
[html]

He smiled, nodding. He knew both Selene and Kansas! He wasn’t sure where this conversation was going, but as soon as she mentioned her name, a light-bulb clicked on in his head. He knew of her through Roman, who was her father. “Naniko, eh? As in Naniko d’Angelo?” He’d probably freak her out by knowing her full name, but he had his reasons. He watched her for a moment and then turned his eyes to the sky, wondering when he would be seeing Iye, Ion’s falcon, whom Roman promised would show up with an update on his leg. But he pushed that thought out of his mind, turning his bright silver eyes back onto the lovely white female.

When she said that she was related to Selene, Kansas, and Iskata, Moon was finally taken aback. He had never known that Iskata had adopted another child, other than him and Sun of course, and didn’t know that Kansas had adopted a sibling too. He had been gone for too long and he didn’t like not knowing what was going on in his family’s life. Instantly he vowed to stay in the valley or else keep in touch with his family as much as he could if he had to leave. Whatever the case though, he was here now and he had to stay in the present. “I know those three. Iskata is also my adoptive mother, and Kansas is my half-brother.” There was no reason to think that he was not truly Phoenix’s son. Anyway, he felt as if he was the large brute’s flesh-and-blood son, so he never introduced himself as Phoenix’s adopted son. Iskata was his adoptive mother, though, and that would never change. He respected her and liked her a lot, but she was not his mother.

[/html]
[html]

She wasn't sure if she liked the idea that this male might be a brother-type to her...she already had so many of those. But she could use a friend, she knew that. If Moon was his half brother, through Phoenix's side, then he wasn't related to her at all. Really, they weren't even related through blood at all...even if he was Iskata's son. Because she wasn't the Sadira's daughter.

She had been so involved with the Sadiras that she really did consider herself a part of the family. Any Sadira was a cousin, a brother, an aunt or grandparent, however far away.

"Good to meet you. You've got a horse, I see---I haven't seen one of them in ages. Does he mind being patted?" She wouldn't admit that she had a way with animals, because she didn't know if that applied with horses. Could she speak with a horse the way she could with the other lower creatures? "Hello, friend" She said to the horse, extending her open palm toward its nose for sniffing. "I guess Selene or Kansas told you about me? I've come up here a few times, to see them and Dierdre"

[/html]
[html]
I’m sorry for the wait!

Moon smiled and nodded in agreement, looking toward the horse after Naniko asked if he liked to be patted. He posed the question silently to the equine and with a whinny Zorion replied that he didn’t mind, though he seemed reluctant. “No, he doesn’t mind,” he informed Naniko, smiling softly at the way she approached him. Both Moon and Zori were taken aback by her ability to speak to him. Moon looked surprised, but Zorion was impressed. He neighed softly and bumped his velveteen nose against her outstretched paw, speaking to her.

“Hello miss,” he returned, his large brown eyes searching hers. He was surprised and impressed that she could speak to him. “How long have you been able to speak in the Low Tongue?” It was honest question that he asked, and while Zori didn’t consider himself a lower creature than a wolf, he knew that’s what his language was. While this exchange was going on, Moon was mulling over the best way to answer her last question. He had never heard of her through his family, though it seemed that she was somewhat connected with them as he was. “No, they haven’t mentioned you.” He decided that it would probably be best to just tell her the truth. “I know your father, actually. Roman d’Angelo.”

[/html]
[html]

She was delighted by the horse's response. She didn't really consider horses to be all that different from wolves. They looked different and acted a bit odd, yes...but they didn't seem less intelligent. Each animal was smart in its own way, and among its own kind. It was only through the lower language that she was able to speak to them at all...mostly to ask her patients what was wrong, and where it hurt.

"I don't remember when I first learned. I heal the creatures in Clouded Tears, and they speak to me" She ran a gentle hand over his nose, scratching it a bit as she listened to Moon. Her father? She hadn't seen him in a while, now. She'd thought that he had left with Kaelyn, maybe...but hadn't been sure. Now she knew that he wasn't with Kaelyn, though...because Selene had come, telling her so. "I haven't seen him for a while...only heard word. He has other children besides myself and Selene, a girl and a boy--Pontiac and Helios. My other siblings. Have you seen him recently? I'm sure the others would like to see him..." She was impartial, herself. She'd learned not to rely too quickly on anyone, including Roman. As soon as she got used to having someone around, they usually left. It had become quite a pattern in her life, with Roman and Kaelyn, then Iskata, and then Physe. Sometimes it wasn't their fault that they had to go...but it didn't change the effect on her. "But you said 'know'. He's still alive, then"

[/html]
Short, sorry. :\

[html]

“You are very smart then. I’m Zorion.” Zori enjoyed the girl’s scratching on his nose, and let his eyes close as he absorbed the wonderful feeling. “Yes, I’ve seen him rather recently, you could say. He helped me get better when I had a pretty nasty fall,” Moon didn’t think she needed to know everything about that incident, and simply let that rest before continuing. “He broke one of his legs a few months back and it’s been taking a long time to heal. It probably doesn’t help that he’s huge and most braces won’t hold his weight.” he chuckled softly at that and peered at Naniko, wondering when she had last seen her father. “He promised me that he’d come back as soon as he was healed. He told me to tell you that, too. He also wanted me to tell you that he loves you very much.” He wasn’t very good at passing on intimate messages like that, so he stared at this hands holding onto the leather reins that were attached to Zorion’s bridle.

[/html]
[html]

Her sister hadn't come to see her in a little while, but Naniko wasn't worried yet. She knew that sometimes they would be apart from each other, since they lived in different packs, and thought that she would probably see Selene sometime in the next week or so. It wasn't that Naniko was particularly busy that she gave it that sort of a time frame, but because she didn't want to push her sibling into seeing her if she didn't want to see her.

Naniko patted the horse's head a bit before putting her hands down, nodding at the second thing that Moon said. "Yeah. I inherited that from him, I suppose. The size." She felt a little awkward with Moon telling her things that her father had said. She'd assumed that he didn't want to see her any more when he had left the last time...but maybe he'd had a good reason. She wanted to keep hoping. "Thanks. For passing on the message. I could probably ask one of my bird friends to look for him. One of the owls, perhaps. They would be able to see him at night...and it's safer to travel at night." She wondered if this was a good idea. "Yeah...I think that's what I'll do." They'd been talking about her for a while--she wanted to switch it up a little. "So, Moon. What do you guys do for fun here in Storm?"
[/html]