thread title missing
[html]

Anyone's welcome to join...I need to get my post count up.

Asariel wandered through the packlands, thinking to herself. She had met a few interesting characters along her way, her journey through this land, and she had to admit she was close to none of them. It was sad for her, seeing as she was such a social creature pretty much right from birth. She huffed and sat by a tree, thinking to herself. Not too many had approached her and she had approached few. One face in particular stuck out in her mind: Lysander. She didn't know why, he was just an interesting character to her. True, she knew virtually nothing about him and she had only met him once. But for some reason his face kept coming to mind.

She sighed and leaned back against the tree, wondering if anyone would be interested in meeting her this time. Maybe, maybe not. She wasn't her usual, happy-go-lucky self today, for some reason or another. As to why she didn't know, but oh well. Whoever came alone would have to just deal with it. Simple as that.

[/html]
Ty had been out for a rather peculiar walk, he was actually trying to meet people here in Phoenix Valley, as he wanted to know more about the pack he so recently rejoined. He only knew a few faces here and there, not counting his father and Jefferson, and he felt he needed to learn more. These people were going to be his family, his group, for a long, long time, and he felt if he didn't try and meet them, then the effort of joining the pack would be wasted. A light breeze carried him onward as it blew at his back, which he had always liked. Having the wind at his back always felt like Ty had the strength of two people, one of them was pushing him onward, but that was probably the sailing talking, as the wind was usually behind them.

After quite a bit of walking, Ty came across a wolf, a female one, sitting under a tree. He cocked his head to one side in confusion, he had met another female wolf alone somewhat like this, except that one was crying. Did all the females of Phoenix Valley need this alone time? This one wasn't crying though, that was a relief for Ty. He had an awkward time with that last time, and didn't want it to happen again. Stopping next to the tree she was sitting under, he spoke to her in a calm, polite tone "Hello there miss, would you mind if I rest under that tree with you? My feet are tired, I've been walking all day." He said with a small but sincere smile.
[html]

Asariel looked up at the man as he wandered closer. She had known he was there, though she had stayed silent. She offered him a smile. "Hello, sir." she listened to his request to rest with her under the tree and she scooted over and patted the spot beside her, waiting for him to come join her. She was mildly annoyed that her thinking had been disturbed, but grateful nonetheless. She looked at the man and wondered what his story was. Everyone had a story. Her own story was not too exciting or chivalrous, but she was sure there were those out there who had those kind of stories.

She smiled at the man and plucked three pieces of grass from the ground, beginning to braid them together. "So, monsieur," she said, using french for one of the few times in her life, "What is your name? My name is Asariel Knight." She paused her grass-braiding and held out her hand to shake. She found she was less exuberant than she had been when she had first arrived, but everyone's lives change as time plays its game. Gravity drags their souls down until there was nothing left to drag down. Since when had she become so dark, so brooding? Maybe it was the next step in her story.

[/html]
Ty was caught off guard when he heard the french, as he hadn't heard any since he had been in Europe, even though it was for a week or so. Nevertheless, he listened to her request as he watched her extend her hand. After a second or so of realizing what the situation was, Ty walked over and politely grabbed her hand to shake. "Tyrone Trenton Nasphrite, but you can call me Ty. It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Knight." He said as he slowly sat down next to her, uttering a sigh of relief as he leaned against the tree, what he said had been true, he had been on his feet all day, making it very sore to stand. He took a minute just to enjoy that feeling, to relax and let his body simply slump from exhaustion, then he turned to the female he had just met.

Flashing Asariel another cheery but polite smile, he asked her "So...what are you doing out here alone?" He turned to see her reaction, trying to read her. He had only seen one other person alone here in Phoenix Valley, and she was slumped alone too, he wasn't sure if this woman had the same issues, or was she just the loner type of girl. He was still learning about the people here, and they had a very wide contrast of people, there were the wolves who would be very social and talk freely, then there were others who didn't like to talk or converse at all, which was understandable, not all wolves were socially inclined.
[html]

Sorry it's short, my muse isn't really all that great at the moment but I gotta put something.

The woman stared out across the terrain as she listened to the man's name. Nasphrite...where had she heard that before? It took a moment's thought before she reasoned that it was her subleader's last name. She liked the way Nasphrite looked and sounded. It was such an interesting name. She smiled at Ty as he shook her hand. "As it is with you, Ty." she said with a cheery smile.

"So why are you here all alone?" he asked. She flicked her ears back against her head and mused. "Well, Ty. I'm not really a loner, sorry if that's the vibe you've been getting," she apologized bashfully, "I'm out here all alone because really, I don't know too many here even though this has been my home for several months now, and I was just thinking about things." She said, plucking two more blades of grass from the ground. Terrible, it was, being lonely.

[/html]
It's okay, my posts aren't exactly gold either

Ty nodded as he heard her explanation for being out here by herself, which certainly changed his impression of her. He should have remembered looks can be deceiving, he just caught her off doing something unusual, or at least that's what he drew up in his head, though he could've been wrong. "Just thinking about things huh? He replied as one of his ears twitched, either because of an itch or a bug was unknown. "Well, that's understandable, I too have times where I go off alone to think...course now I was just walking to meet new people, which I accomplished as we can see." He chuckled lightly before he continued. "And I gotta say, this was a good place to pick to take a rest...t's quite pretty here."

Ty looked up to notice the sun was in midday position, a light breeze was blowing through the area, making the blades of grass that surrounded the two dance and sway. He smiled warmly to himself as he turned to her again, still trying to keep their conversation going. "what were you thinking about? If you don't mind my asking of course, if it's private I'll stay out of it." He asked her as his ear twitched again, now he knew it was just the wind. He then proceeded to scratch his side and listen to her response.
[html]

She smiled at him, knowing that he had expected something else after she had explained. She yawned and stretched her long tan-colored legs out in front of her, resting her dainty hands on her thin stomach. She laughed when she was required to, though she wasn't really listening. The words went in then went out. After a few more moments thought, she finally decided it would probably be best to actually listen to Ty's words in case he asked her a question.

She tuned in and listened. He was talking about meeting people when he was out on his wanderings or something like that. Then he asked what she had been thinking about. What had she been thinking about, anyway? "Well, I was thinking about some of those that I have met here and how I really don't know anyone." Partly the truth. Close enough that it wasn't the truth, but it wasn't a lie.

[/html]
Ty listened to her response, then turned back to gazing into the sky and leaning back against the tree with a pondering look on his face. "Well...that's interesting." Ty mused. "How long have you been here in Pheonix Valley?" He asked her curiously, leaning back against the tree and staring into the sky. He sighed lightly and closed his eyes to simply feel the breeze on his face and body, making his fur twitch slightly with each gust.

He sighed as he opened his eyes again, thinking about her response, how many people had he got to know here as well? Sure, his dad DaVinci, his sister Skylar, and his mentor Jefferson were all very close to him and he knew them well, but that was just family, how many other wolves had he really sat down and gotten to know? Rendall, Pendzez, Xeris, and now this new woman, Asariel, all wolves he had been introduced to, but he wanted to know more. He then snapped back into reality to make sure he didn't miss what Asariel would say.
[html]

Asariel smiled at Ty. She was beginning to like this character. He seemed kind, open and honest. Not the impression she got of his cousin or brother or whoever DaVi was to him. She reasoned they must be related somehow, seeing as they both carried the same last name. She watched him curiously. He seemed like a fairly upbeat kind of fellow. It didn't seem many here in Phoenix Valley were.

"How long have you been here in Phoenix Valley?" he questioned. She thought to herself. She had come here in February sometime. "Oooh," she started, thinking. "I believe it would be around almost four months. It doesn't feel like it's been that long, though. It feels shorter. Is that a bad thing?" She questioned. Wasn't your home supposed to feel like you had been there forever instead of just a little while, when indeed you had lived there for months? She couldn't help but wonder if that was a bad thing.

No, she reasoned. It couldn't be that bad of a thing. She had been accepted into the pack fairly well (from those who she had actually met, thought Honoré could be a bit of a pain in the ass when he wanted to be) and so far hadn't gotten on anyone's bad side. She had stayed out of everyone's way though, so maybe that was why. Sometimes it was easier to just stay out of everyone's way and stay neutral, like Switzerland, than to try to help out and get involved with shit and become someone's enemy. Asariel made a lifelong goal to never become anyone's enemy and so far, she was sticking to that goal pretty damn well.

[/html]
Ty chuckled as Asariel suddenly seemed slightly defensive, asking if it was a bad thing to be here for four months. He quickly responded in a calm and comforting fashion. "No, not at all, I just wanted to gauge how much effort you've taken into meeting people." He then turned to her and chuckled. He wasn't going to judge her on that, but the fact she was musing about not really knowing anyone all that well after four months had piqued Ty's interest, why hadn't she gotten to know someone after that long? Was she anti-social? Did she not want to? Or was it that she hadn't found the right person to talk to? Ty simply shrugged it off however, maybe she'd explain it, but drawing his own conclusions was something he tended to avoid, as he usually found he was wrong.

So far he was enjoying Asariel's company however, she seemed friendly enough. Something was telling him that she was much more social then he had previously thought, as she was beginning to open up more and more as they were talking. He ran his hand through the blades of grass as he spoke again. "What brought you to Pheonix Valley anyway?"
[html]

Asariel wrapped her arms around herself and nodded slowly as she watched Ty. He was a friend to keep, she reasoned. He seemed like one who would be a loyal friend. She looked at him as he inquired as to why she had come to Phoenix Valley in the first place. "Well, it seemed like a nice pack and I needed a home, so I decided to try to join. Lucky for me, I got in. Obviously," she snorted, "I wouldn't be here talking to you right now if I hadn't got in."

She couldn't help but stop to be fascinated at how the mind works. She was a thinker, always thinking about logical stuff and having a habit of contradicting herself. "So, Ty. Same question to you. What brought you to Phoenix Valley?" She inquired curiously, wanting to dip a bit more into his life. She wanted to ask questions like, where did you come from? What kind of lifestyle did you live? Are you in any way related to DaVinci? She knew he must be, somehow. It was something she was hoping to find out.

[/html]
"Well, I was born here in Pheonix Valley." Ty began, knowing this would become a story, and was more then willing to tell it. "I was taken from here when i was very young, along with my sister and mother, who went to go start something...not everything is clear to me...anyway, I eventually became a sailor for a while, but soon enough I had cravings to return here to my father and mentor, so I came back here." He slowly turned to Asariel and smiled "Does that answer your question?" He asked her with a smile.

Asariel seemed like a nice woman, quiet, but nice. Although he never liked the term nice, as it felt too vague and bland a term, but at the moment, it was the best way to desribe Asariel. He still didn't feel like enough to know about her, but he already felt like she seemed like a upstanding, kind woman. However, he couldn't help but want to learn more, but he could see she wanted to ask more questions, it was plastered on her face. He chuckled quietly as they continued to talk, knowing she had so many questions, most likely about his name, NAsphrite was definitely a conversation starter.
[html]

The woman chuckled at his explanation. So, he was born here. She listened to the rest of his story, about his mother and sister. "Why yes. That does answer my question," she smiled. She was beginning to like this character. She leaned back against the tree and allowed the soft breeze to blow through her sand hued fur. She loved the cool, dampness that was carried on the wind that seemed to wake her up as soon as she felt kind of drowsy.

"So, Ty. You were born here, huh? Might I ask if you're related to DaVinci in any way? I figure you must seeing as you both have the same last name," she said, running her small, dainty hand through her thick chocolate mane. She always figured she looked a bit odd, her fur being the same color as damp sand and her mane being the same color as milk chocolate. Though she had always been a strange character so why not strange in appearance as well? She toyed then with the black onyx stone that was tied around her neck with a piece of black cord. She watched Ty curiously. He seemed interesting, kind, and gentle. Sweet, even. It wasn't often you came across one of those.

[/html]
"Ah, I've been waiting for that question ever since I said my full name." Ty said with a hearty laugh. "Everyone asks that question once I say 'Nasphrite' around here." He turned to her and made a small motion towards himself "He's my father, like I said, me and my sister Skylar were both born here, and somehow we both came back to our father's land. Strange...isn't it? How somehow I was drawan back here after all these months?"

He turned his gaze back to the sky, he was indeed baffled with himself, how come he came back? To see his father? To make sure he was alright? Was he that subconciously worried about his old man? Or was ist just the place he wanted to come back to, he had some memories of this place as a pup, but not many. It was a puzzling thing for him indeed, but he simply shrugged it off for now. "Do you have any family here?" He asked her curiously, shifting his weight to a better position for sitting.
[html]

Asariel smiled prettily and waited for Ty to explain. She felt a little slow seeing as he commented how he had been waiting for her to ask that question, but she shrugged it off nonetheless. She raised her eyebrows, surprised to hear that DaVinci had kids. From the one time that she had met him, she hadn't taken him as the kid-type. She made a face -- that encounter had not been too pleasant.

"Strange...isn't it? How somehow I was drawn back here after all these months?" She mused. "Not really. Lots of critters feel naturally drawn back to their home." She listened to his next question, if she had any family here. She was momentarily saddened by that question, feeling some form of homesickness. "No," she answered, "My family is up in California, somewhere. That's where I came from." That was a long way for one such as herself to travel, she decided. A very long way indeed.

[/html]
Ty noticed that after she answered his question she had a small bit of sadness touch her face, which when she explained, made Ty realize that some questions weren't always good to ask. He mentioned to her as he listened "I'm sorry if I upset you..." Then he turned his gaze to the ground. He watched a small spider as it walked across his hand, it distracted him slightly as he watched it scurry up and down his fingers, watching the little thing made him wonder, where was it going in such a hurry?

However, Ty again snapped back to attention once he lost sight of the little arachnid, trying to make sure there wasn't an awkward silence, he didn't want her to think he wasn't listening to her, as he was. He tried to think of what else he could ask her, but he seemed to be running low on ideas for conversation today. However, he was quick with words, and a small twitch of his ear brought him back into form. "So...who else have you met in the past four months?" He asked her as his hand for some reason grasped his tail and fidgeted with it.
[html]

Asariel looked at the man as he asked her who she had met here in this pack. She mused on that for a moment, trying to think. "Well," she started, taking another couple minutes to think and gather their names, then trying to put a face to a name. There was a difference between hearing a name, and actually seeing and knowing a face. "I've met Honoré, if you come across him and he seems like an ass don't be alarmed, it'll pass eventually. I've run into Jefferson, DaVinci, Addison, Vukasin, Lysander, Rendall and yourself." She still liked how Lysander's name rolled off her tongue. She couldn't place as to why, she just did. "When I list out the names I realize that I actually didn't do that bad," she laughed a chime-bell laugh, sitting forwards and running her hand through the long grass.

A drop of moisture landed on her nose and she groaned as it began to rain. The world was just trying to torture her, she knew it. Now, she didn't mind the rain per se, it was the wet. Though she understood that the world needed it, no matter how much she didn't like it. A question popped into her mind. "So, do you like the rain?" she gestured to the pouring moisture with a hand as she spoke, looking at him with teal coloured eyes. Such a curious little thing she was.

[/html]
"Well..." Ty said with a small successful chuckle, like he had just won a game of checkers. "Looks like you know more people then you thought you did." He then gave a small warming smile. "And i'll keep that in mind when I meet Lysander, and who's Addison and vukasin? I haven't met those two either." He cocked his head slightly in a very whimsical manner, showing his curiosity and childish whimsy, of course he still had an air of gentlemanly manner around him.

Hearing her question about the rain, he at first cocked his head in the other direction with a bit of confusion on his face. The question had come out of the blue, and caught Ty off gaurd. Course then he felt the splash of rain hit his face, and he realized where the question was coming from. He looked up at the sky to see the small bits of water falling from the sky. After a small bit of pondering, he smiled lightly and replied. "Well, it's kind of like a free shower from the heavens." He joked with a chuckle coming from his stomach, more a woof actually. "But honestly? It's...peaceful...calming...sort of makes all other sounds die out to the splash of the water against the ground, I enjoy it, although the soggy feeling afterward is annoying."
[html]

Asariel smiled at Ty's whimsical explanation. She nodded in agreement, her eyes wandering up to the heavens as she watched the rain fall down. She heaved a sigh and leaned against the tree, finding its strength and solidity comforting. "I suppose I kind of like the rain," she confessed, "I just don't like how wet everything is afterward." She stretched her legs out and clasped her paws over her stomach, watching the grass flinch and shudder as the cold water hit them.

She looked back over to Ty, finally deciding to address his other two questions. "No, it's Honoré who's a pain in the ass," she chuckled. "Lysander is just an all around smartass and he drinks too much, but he seems like a good guy when he's sober. Addison is a little pup...although she's not so little now, I suppose, who joined the pack shortly after I did. She's kind of like Jefferson's adoptive child. Vukasin joined....not that long ago, actually. Maybe two months? Or maybe it's been longer, I don't really remember. I don't know much about Vukasin, I only ran into him on one of the pack hunts that we had. He was my hunting buddy, we were right and left wing. He strikes me as the quiet type, though." She was rather proud with her explanations, seeing as she hadn't really run into too many of her packmates.

[/html]
"Well, it does get soggy and muddy afterwards, I'll give you that." He chuckled as he rose to his feet and partiality stepped out from underneath the tree to feel the cool water splash against his coat. He smiled lightly as they washed down his lean, muscled frame. they went over his battle scars and knicks, cooling and refreshing him. "But sometimes, you just have to enjoy it while it lasts!" He then laughed and shook slightly, sending rain particles everywhere. He was enjoying the rain, it had been hot all day and the cool rain was nice to turn down the heat, and saturate everything nicely.

Hearing her explanations of the others, he smiled lightly and nodded in respted "Well, it seems you're very good at remembering and reading people, that's an admirable trait my friend." He smiled as he shook one of his paws, finding it was getting muddy where he was standing. "Very obervant of you, I'll be sure to keep that in mind when I'm meeting these people." He turned to her as the water rushed off of his face, seeing her through the drips of the rain, he asked "So..what do you usually do for fun? you've told me about everyone else, what about you? Got any hobbies?"