[P]romised Art
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... able-1.png); width: 500px; height: 412px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right: 90px; top: 95px; width: 260px; height: 280px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

Ethereal Eclipse, just outside Dahlia de Mai. Not the best quality post, sorry.

Let me show you the wonders of life

Hanna seated herself comfortably in the spot she and Lubomir had agreed to meet in, a pile of sticks just next to her. She pulled out her flint and one of her knives and struck up a fire, then poured water from her skin into a small metal bowl and balanced it over the flames to come to a boil. She withdrew from her satchel a small pouch that had huckleberries in it, and began smashing them in the pouch, then, when the water came to a boil, she dumped the fruits in the bowl to cook.

Next she took out several leaves she'd plucked from a smooth sumac tree as well as a few of the berries, and cut the leaves before putting them and the berries in the mortar she'd found back in the old lands. She added a small amount of water and ground the mixture, then set it aside. That left but one thing to prepare before Lubomir arrived.

Hanna withdrew the small case that held her tattooing kit and opened it. Within were the needles she'd fashioned of bird bones, hardened with fire, with hollowed points, as well as the funnel she used to add more dye. It was crude, but it served its purpose. She'd successfully done two tattoos with her kit, she doubted it would fail her now. Satisfied that everything was where it needed to be, she looked up, scanning the area for signs of Lubomir.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Terribly sorry for the delay here! 300+

He furtively looked everywhere before leaving the house he shared with his mate. Although this particular meeting involved no alcohol, it did pose some problems, especially if Haku got wind of it. Lubomir knew what he had to do. Be quiet, be stealthy and say nothing, not even to Mew, until the deed was done. As far as he was concerned, Haku had nothing to do with his agreement with Hanna. That had been strictly between the two of them and although she had crossed pack borders with Lubomir in tow, the male did not believe he had genuinely done something wrong. He was a scholar and pacifist. He was also the pack Ambassador and his job was to keep good relations among Dahlia and others wolves. He assumed this meant those who belonged to packs or not, position be damned.

The figure of his friend was easy to find once he was out of packlands. A grin split his face at the sight of her and all her tools. They intrigued him, definitely, for he had never seen something quite like this. As far as he could make an educated guess, the wolves in Europe were slightly more advanced, their tools more professional. Still, he trusted Hanna and her skill and he would never second-guess her decisions, no matter how hard they may be to face. He was staking not only his life, health and body, but also his place in Dahlia. He wondered if Cercelee and Cwmfen would see things his way. Shaking himself, Lubomir did not allow himself to show any outward signs of distress. Why worry her now? Hanna, good day, my lady. How are you? I see you're all set. He looked over his shoulder. Is this safe enough for you? As always, he wanted her to be comfortable, not himself.

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... able-1.png); width: 500px; height: 412px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right: 90px; top: 95px; width: 260px; height: 280px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

Whee, sorry about the wait. And the quality. I had a cat steal my lap and one hand.

Let me show you the wonders of life

Lubomir was just coming up when Hanna saw him, and she waved a greeting to him. "Hello, Lubomir! I'm feeling fine. Are you ready for this?"She looked over her tattooing items again. Needles, dyes, subject, request. Yes, she had everything she needed.He caught her off-guard with his concern to her safety. She almost frowned, but then realized Lubomir had probably never watched a tattoo being administered, or at least not with tools as primitive as hers were.

"There's no danger to my health in this, and there should be no risk to yours either, unless you happen to be allergic to huckleberries or sumac. It will possibly be somewhat painful; this way hurts more than the more modem tools but I've had no luck in finding a modern tattoo... maker."

Hanna smoothed her right hand over her left shoulder, then ran her hand the opposite way, parting the fur to reveal her own tattoo, that of a three-pronged flame that symbolized her position (at least in her brother's pack) as a Firemaker. "This one really hurt me, and it was done this way. However, every person's lever of tolerance for pain is different. Perhaps it won't be as bad for you. As for danger within the pack, unless Cer or Haku or one of the other higher ranked wolves have a problem with tattoos, there shouldn't be any problem there, either." She grinned widely and winked, then finished, "Unless Mew forbade them."

[/html]
[html]

OOC: 300+

Well, as ready as I could ever be, really, he replied jokingly. He had taken a long time deciding over the meaning of his tattoo. Knowledge was something that had defined his adult life and to have permanently on his skin the mark of his adulthood, that would be nothing to regret doing. Pain was a given, he had not expected it to be like a simple child's drawing and the needles stood testimony to the fact that he would be pricked several times before this was over. Hanna mentioned allergies, but he suffered from nothing like that, insofar as he was aware. He shrugged slightly and said, No allergies. And fear not for the pain, I think I can handle it quite well. It was a bit of a lie for he had had nothing like this done before, but he wouldn't worry her needlessly.

He watched her tattoo for a moment, trying to discern its meaning, but when she did not explain it, he asked nothing. An old coyote in a bar somewhere in Europe, his fur greying and his tattoos more visible, had told him that for some, the inked marks were private. Some got them to remind them of the deaths of loved ones, others for the birth of their first living litter. Some gladly explained what they meant while others hid the secret away in the deepest corners of their heart, never releasing it. Her mention of Mew made him look away, bashfully. She doesn't know it yet, so it will be a surprise. I hope she won't mind. As for anyone in the leadership, well, our Adonis is marked well herself, he added, thinking of Cwmfen. The woad warrior would be the one to understand for sure. Shall we get started, then? Lubomir was anxious, true, but he trusted Hanna's skill would pull everything through.

[/html]