thread title missing
Ty was one of those people who was mature beyond his years in many ways, he was an experienced sailor, a very accomplished fighter, a talented runner, and even a good talker, but he was still one the younger side of life, and as such still did things with a certain whimsy and a childish carefree attitude, today was no less an example. For most of the day, he had been following a bug, a ladybug to be exact, all across Phoenix Valley just to see what life was like for a ladybug. So far, it was fairly interesting, he had watched the small bug fly from one place to the next, eating, cleaning, hanging out with out ladybugs, it was all very intriguing, yet at the same time, looked like it must be monotonous for the little creature. All that freedom of wings, but no real purpose in life other then eating and mating. It must be simple though, after all, there is no complications to a life like that, Ty pitied and envied the bug at the same time.

Ty was now in the Garden Grove, still following the small bug. It buzzed too ad fro as Ty did his best to keep it in his sights. After all, more bugs were starting to pop up and it was getting harder and harder to keep track of the little red insect. However, Ty was beginning to lose interest, he'd seen the most the ladybug had to offer in a day, and was thinking about what other insect to follow, or maybe a bigger animal this time, maybe just a squirrel or something.
[html]
I was hesitant to add another thread to my load, but I really really really wanted one with you. Hi Big Grin

Despite the many months Geneva had called Phoenix Valley home, she had never wandered this far east. She came here now, as much as for business as for pleasure. She had made it a priority to familiarize herself with the innerworkings of Phoenix Valley. She was a very curious creature, and prone to wandering when she felt secure and comfortable. Even when she didn't feel secure, curiosity served to propel her forward, sometimes despite dangerous consequences. It was funny to think that whimsical wanderings had brought her upon this land in the first place. That had been the first time she had met Jefferson, wandering about like a fool and the dreamer he named her.

The slight gray wolfess was startled to find a beautiful haven of blooming flowers. She wished that she had a better sense of smell. She was certain that the air would be heavy with the fragrance, and beautiful scents. Unfortunately, she had no sense of smell to speak of. It was something she was used to, something that was also a slight disability given she was a creature from a species that derived a lot of information from smell.

That was why she was surprised to happen upon another creature. It was a wolf she had never met before, though he looked somewhat familiar. There was something about his face and the symmetry of his features that cued her memory. Perhaps he was a relative of someone she had met. "Hi," she called out, to alert him of her presence. She didn't want to startle him.
[/html]
Well, it's nice to know that people want to start roleplays with me, hello Big Grin

Ty heard something he was not quite accustomed to today, as he hadn't really heard anything today besides the other animals chirps, calls, and even the buzz of the insects, he at first thought it was the ladybug that had suddenly spoke a greeting in english. Though, his sanity kicked in and he realized that someone was talking to him. He quickly turned his head to see a wolfess there, a grey one, standing not too far away, apparently finding him out of pure chance.

"Hm?" He said as he turned his head, obviously still distracted by his following the ladybug, though as he turned his head, he lost sight of the insect, which was no matter, he was fairly done watching it anyhow. He quickly regained his composure as to make normal conversation with the friendly wolfess and he replied back with a cheery "Oh, hello there!"

He hadn't been totally focused on meeting other people today, but it was a nice addition, after all, he had no real jobs in the pack yet, so his days were mostly spent doing random things, such as following a bug today, there was plenty of time for him to mess around with the place, until he got something to do that is. "Wonderful day we are having eh miss?" He said with a carefree smile
[html]
Do you want them in lupus or luperci form?

Geneva's lime green eyes turned upward to ponder the stretch of blue sky above them. It had been stormy all week, and it was nice to look up and see blue instead of gray. Still, Geneva felt the moisture in the air and knew that it would likely rain again, probably later in the day. Despite the storms, there was still heat in the air. It was summertime, and that was to be expected. Still, she found the weather at odds with the season. At least now she could enjoy the weather, perhaps in the company of this young man.

"It is a nice change of pace," she said, her eyes returning to his face. She had seen him concentrating on something as she approached. She didn't know what he had been doing or concentrating on, but Geneva was an observer by nature. It was both a skill and necessity she had had to hone in order to keep details straight. "My name is Geneva Stockholm," she said, introducing herself with a smile.
[/html]
Hmmm...Lupus form, i haven't really tried one with him as that yet.

Ty smiled politely as the wolfess introduced herself, nodding when she said her name. "What a unique name." Ty mused, although he hadn't really heard a bland name yet, almost every wolf he met in the pack had a very elaborate name, almost making him embarrased about how simply his first and middle names were. "It's a pleasure to meet you miss Stockholm, my name is Tyrone, Tyrone Trenton Nasphrite, but you can call me Ty." He replied as he made sort of a bow by lowering the front half of his body.

He nodded at her observation about the weather, to be honest Ty didn't really know why he talked about the weather as the first thing to come to his mind, hejust didn't really have a lot of conversational topics on his mind. Ty didn't try to start another topic this time, as if this female addressed him she must want to know something about him, or just wanted to say hello, he didn't really know for sure. At this point he was confused, why was she talking to him? He wasn't upset about it or anything, on the contrary he loved being social, he was just slightly confused.
Geneva smiled at his reply, delighted to find that he was a friendly and open creature. "Ty, please call me Geneva," she intoned, dipping her own head in response. It was nice to meet someone willing to take the time to talk. She had found that most of her pack mates were genuinely good creatures, but there were some that had struck a chord with her. There were some she felt she could relate to quite easily, and at this instant, she had the impression that she would get along very well with Ty. It was silly to think this, of course, she had hardly known him for more than a few minutes. But there was something about the way he held himself that made Geneva think that he was honest and true.

"My father named me after a city he lived in at one point," she said, smiling at him. They seemed to be at a pause in their conversation, and Geneva wanted to continue to get to know this young man. She thought of her father for a moment, and her smile became brighter. He had been gone for a while now, but it still made her happy to remember him. Sometimes, when she spoke of him, she still felt as though he was a presence in her life. She had been very close to him. He had been her confidante and champion when she had been young, and too small and sickly to play with her siblings. Geneva had been the runt of the litter and had always been small-boned. Even now, full grown, her thin frame was only slightly bigger than a yearling's form.

Her brows creased as she returned her attention to Ty and she thought about why he looked so familiar. "I have to ask - are you related to someone around here? I feel as though you look familiar, but I know we've never met before."
"Alright then mis--I mean Geneva." He said with a nod and a chuckle, he was so used to being polite to people, that being informal felt weird, it was a change for Ty, but something he was easy to jump into. When she told him where her name came from, he cocked his head in curiosity, furrowing his brow and scratching the golden-orange fur on his head. "Huh....I've never been to Geneva before...it must be a really nice town though!" Ty responded with genuine enthusiasm, then came the question he heard most commonly around here. Was he related to someone here? He always had to respond to this question every time he met someone new in Pheonix Valley, and he was never shy to as well, in fact, he enjoyed telling people who he was related to. "Well...you might know my father, Davinci, or my sister Skylar." He responded with a nod. "Other then those two, I don't have any relatives here."

He already felt quite at home here in Pheonix Valley, despite it not being too long since he got here, and Geneva was a nice addition to the people he was beginning to know. She seemed mature, friendly, and calm, which felt nice to Ty. He'd met so many people who were young and wild, that someone like Geneva was a nice balance, Ty was beginning to feel right at home here, good news for him.
[html]
Geneva's face erupted into a smile when Ty mentioned his father. "I don't know your sister, but I do know DaVinci." So that was why the young man looked so familiar! There was something about his face that resembled his father's features. She took a step back and looked at him for a few moments, making the connections. She murmured and nodded to herself as she noted the resemblance. It was obvious that the two were related. They might not be twins, but there was definitely blood shared between them. Geneva hadn't known that DaVinci had had children.

"Your father saved my life," Geneva said after a few minutes. It had been many months now. But she recalled the time when the scars on her shoulder and flank hadn't been there. Instead, the wounds had been fresh, and had hurt like nothing she had ever experienced. She had been weak and afraid, and if DaVinci hadn't intervened, she wouldn't be alive.

"I was attacked at the borders," the woman explained, settling into the lush grass and seating herself more comfortably. Ty had a welcoming presence, and she had a mind to stay and talk with him. "Your father defended me. He was very brave."
[/html]
"Oh...oh that's terrible!" Ty said as he laid down nearby, intrigued and excited to keep up the talk. "To think you would be attacked, how awful!" He sighed. "but...the world is a cruel and scary place sometimes, hell, I've got a few scars of battle to show for it." He joked chuckling, but he wasn't lying about it, sure enough, there were assorted scars on his body directly linked to combat with others. "Well...it's good to know my dad is a hero, sort of, he's been scatterbrained recently, but I'm glad he was there to help you out." He smiled warmly as he curled up slightly into more of a ball shape, the breeze for some reason was getting to him today.

"Me and my sister just came back from our own separate adventures, that's probably why you haven't met my sister yet." Ty said as he perked his head up. "I became a hardworking, honest sailor, who worked around the world, but mostly stationed in Asia." He paused slightly, thinking back on those days of the ocean, the smell of the sea, the freedom he felt. Course with that, he remembered the risks. "We traded there in exchange for martial arts training to fight the pirates who kept attacking our ships...lot of battles out there...lotta blood...we had to be the best fighters out there to survive..." He paused again, not looking particularly sad, just discontent, before quickly shrugging it off. "But now I'm here, and I have those experiences to help the pack, the good and the bad ones." He smiled, then cocked his head, why did he just blurt all that information out at once? It's not like any of it was prompted, he didn't need to share with Geneva that he had been in fights. Maybe it was because he felt he could trust her with this information, share it without feeling bad, she seemed very trustworthy to him.
[html]
Geneva mirrored Ty's movements, settling herself on the ground. However, instead of curling against the cold, she kept her head up and her neck straight. Her ears stood erect atop her head. She loved to hear a good story. She absorbed facts like a sponge, eager to take in every little bit. She was an observer, and loved to imagine things. And at this moment, Ty was fueling the fire within her mind. She imagined what the distant lands in Asia might be like. She knew that the customs were different in times of old, when humans still had the run of the earth. She wondered how culture had changed, had effected those who now ran over the earth on four-legs.

It was obvious that the young man had led quite a full life, despite his youth. Although he described battles, his tone was light, his smile still there on his face. He had a good attitude, a good way of dealing with the conflict in his life. Geneva still felt as though she was developing herself, changing in order to carry herself with grace. She had faced much in her life, good and bad as the hybrid described it, and she was learning that everything together could still come out positive.

"I'm certain you make a great addition to Phoenix Valley," the femme said sincerely. She felt that he did, at any rate. She enjoyed the young man's company. She found him to be candid and entertaining. There was something infectious about his disposition, and she felt warm despite the coolness of the breeze.

[/html]
"That's good to hear." Ty said with a relaxed yet grateful response. "I'm not sure how badly Pheonix Valley needs a fighter, but they got one in me." He gave a small grin, now much more relaxed as he was all curled up below the wind. "Though I hope I can help in other situations as well!" His head perked up with a youthful whimsy, allowing him to watch another bug go by. This time it was a bee, which he curiously watched buzz from one flower to another, taking the nectar and spreading pollen as it went on it's merry little way. Ty had found he had a curious streak a mile long today, almost jumping from one thing to another. However, he realized that jumping away to chase bees would be terribly rude and uncalled for to Geneva, whose company he was enjoying greatly, her intelligence and calm demeanor was very charming to Ty, keeping him drawn and compelled to talk to her.

Rolling onto his back, he stared at the sky before looking upside down at Geneva, he chuckled lightly, seeing her upside down was odd. It looked like she was just hanging to the ground, somehow magnetized to it to prevent her from flying away, however, there were questions that he wanted to ask. "Hey...how long have you been here in Pheonix Valley?" He asked her.
[html]
She recognized a curious spirit when she saw one. And Ty Nasphrite was definitely cut from the same cloth as she was. But she was glad to see that he had fewer inhibitions. Life was an open book to him. He felt free to wander and take his fill. Geneva almost always tread lightly, letting caution get the best of her. She was slowly growing, becoming bolder and more willing to put things at risk. She had learned through her experiences that life was meaningless without risks.

"It is always good to have a defender waiting in the wings," the gentle woman said. Geneva was not a fighter, at least not physically. She was spirited, but demure. She cared very deeply for her pack and she was glad to see that Ty was willing to defend their land. She was willing to do the same things, she would have been much less effective. Geneva had only ever been in one really violent situation in her three years of life, and she had been severely injured.

She laughed at the young man's antics, glad to see that he was so at ease. She rested her head on her paws and looked at him from there so he wouldn't have to strain his neck. "I have been here, as part of Phoenix Valley, since March," Geneva said. She hadn't been part of the pack for too terribly long, but she felt as though she had been here for years. This place had become home to her, finally home to her. "But I've been in Nova Scotia since November."
[/html]
"Huh....well that's longer then I have been here...not counting when I was little, of course." He chuckled lightly, noticing how warm Geneva seemed, her calm and relaxed attitude was calming to Ty as well, and perhaps was making him more relaxed then he usually was. And yet, she smiled and said that having a defender in the valley was good, and that comforted Ty. Ty's specialty, although he didn't always like it, he knew he was good at fighting, so he'd at least have a place here when the time came.

Listening to Geneva he rolled back onto his belly and shook some of the dirt from his fur, although not all of it, as he had been rolling around a bit. Looking to Geneva, he smiled and said "I bet you've become a very big influence on this place, haven't you?" He asked her as his brushed off some more dirt.
Anya was wandering and pondering, as she normally did, looking for a patch of herbs that the birds had told her about. She was cautious, since she was still worried about the loner pack finding her this far north. But the birds in Colorado had whispered every night in their roosts about a land that was plentiful with herbs, near Nova Scotia. That was what had drawn her here when she was exiled.

Anya heard voices in the winds, and very carefully placed herself upwind of the owners of the voices, intending to make her presence known. She recognized both voices, and smiled at the thought of company. Perhaps they could help her find the herbs she was looking for.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... Tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #D8FF00 solid; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">
Anya, for future reference, once a thread has as many replies as this one does, it is not usual for someone new to jump in. It is fine this time, but next time PM the thread participants before posting in a thread this advanced.

Geneva shook her head and rested her head on her paws. "I would not say that," the woman said honestly. She considered the time she had spent in Phoenix Valley. Her life had changed, and she had evolved and changed with the times. Her heart had changed, and sometimes she felt as though she was a completely new, different person. At the core, she felt the same, but there were parts of her that had aged, made her bolder and quieter in other ways. Her experiences had molded her. She had felt set in her ways, and hadn't expected to change. There were times when she still didn't trust how much everything and everyone effected her.

"I just try to adapt, and if there is a way for me to help, then I try to." The gray woman wanted to be useful. She felt the need to prove herself, and she felt that she had. Still, there were times that she felt she fell short. Her thoughts returned to Crimson Dreams, and the mess she had left in her wake. She didn't know if there was a way to fix things. She wanted to try, but she would be betraying her own heart. Anu had told her in no uncertain terms to stay away. She wanted to reach out to the woman and heal the parts of her that had been wounded, but there was nothing she could do if she wasn't willing to try.
[/html]
That works, sorry. I should have realized that.

Anya's attention was diverted, and she drifted away from the two wolves. Her questions could wait for later, as well as the herbs she needed.
"Well...I bet you do a great job helping in what you are doing..." However, Ty pondered that sentence, and thought up a new question fro Geneva. "Well...come to think of it, what is your job here at Pheonix Valley? Something diplomatic? Something respected I bet. A woman like yourself seems like a respectable person, with an important duty to the pack. So, what do you do?" He rolled back onto his stomach, now having grass and dirt in his fur, acting slightly like a youthful pup. But then again, why shouldn't he? He was still fairly young, and even though he had gone through war and trading overseas, he still had a cheerful childish innocence every now and again. His tail now wagged back and forth with that same childish excitement, for some reason, he felt really happy around Geneva, she seemed more motherly then he thought, and seeing as how his mother was not around, she seemed to work for him.

However, Ty's energy suddenly left and he immediately went into warrior mode once he heard rustling nearby, tensing all his muscles up to strike. It wasn't something he could turn on and off like a switch, despite being cheerful he still had the underlying combat-veteran within him, keeping him fierce and lethal when the time came. He had been used to ambushes as he turned his head to the direction of the noise. However, it was most likely a passing deer or something, if it got any closer, he'd feel more threatened, but for now he relaxed his suddenly tense muscles and continued talking with Geneva.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... Tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #D8FF00 solid; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">
"Something to that effect," Geneva said. The gray wolfess tried to keep busy, one way or another. If she wasn't out and about checking the interior of Phoenix Valley's lands, she was seeking knowledge in the library or venturing out to Halifax. Reading and writing were great sources of joy to the gentle woman. She wanted to make sure that there were plenty of resources available for those who wanted to learn. The gray wolfess was hungry for knowledge and could synthesize for hours, even days without speaking to anyone, just absorbing information that lead her to new ideas.

"I like to do a little bit of everything, you know? But as of right now, my official duty to is seeing to mentors and children." There wasn't much for her to do these days. There were two mentor pairs that she knew of at the moment - Pendzez mentored Rendall and Geneva mentored Addison. She smiled slightly, thinking of the impishly adorable young girl. She had grown a lot in the last few months. "I am Addison's mentor," she mentioned. "I do not know if you have met her, but she is a delightful girl. She has a lot of energy," she added wryly. Geneva did not know if Ty had met the young girl yet, but she assumed that he knew Jefferson. Jefferson was the girl's father figure, after all.

Geneva started as Ty's demeanor changed suddenly. The woman was on her feet before she could think of the movement. She stood slightly behind Ty and stretched to look around him. "What do you see?" Geneva grimaced, feeling slightly useless. The woman did not have a sense of smell, and was at a strict disadvantage at times like these. Her lime green eyes scanned the flora. She could only spy leaves and flowers, bright and gay, all around them. "I don't see anything," she said after a moment, turning back to him.
[/html]
"N...nothing, it's nothing." Ty said, listening as the creature moved away. "Whoever they are, they're leaving....I'm sorry, I'm just so used to being ambushed, old habits die hard I guess." He said with a cheerful chuckle as his demeanor returned to his normal, carefree self. "You can take the warrior away from the battle, but you can't take the battle out of the warrior." He joked, grinning lightly. It was strange how Ty would simply phase into his more focused persona, still him, just more aware and ready, something he had done for most of his adult life. And he was getting better at it too, which could only mean good things in Ty's future.

When she mentioned that she was mentoring another wolf, his ears perked up. A wolf he had never heard of before? That's something that always perked up Ty's curiosity, being the social butterfly that he was, so hearing a new possible friend was interesting to him. "No...no I have not met miss Addison...though if she's learning from someone like yourself, I can bet she is a sweet girl." He smiled ad nodded as he thought over what he had just said. "Yes...yes I bet she is." He changed his tone, kind of muttering it to himself as confirmation. "Wait...if you're mentoring...how old are you Geneva?" He asked her, suddenly realizing how mentoring was usually the job of an older wolf.
[html]
Geneva calmed when Ty announced that whoever had disturbed his concentration was moving away. She relaxed when she saw the younger man begin to relax. Geneva was mostly a cerebral creature. She liked to think things through and did not always listen to her instincts. She could be intuitive, but she rarely went with her gut. She was afraid that her feelings would lead her astray. This was both an asset and a failing for her. She found it hard to trust herself, but she was able to keep her wits about her. She wouldn't make a good soldier.

She smiled thinly as he made his little joke and settled to sit. She did not feel like lying down any longer. She wanted to be able to get to her feet quickly in case someone crept upon them again. The gray wolfess did not like to be caught unaware. She was at a distinct disadvantage to reacting to an ambush. She had no sense of smell and had to rely on her eyesight and hearing. However, she could hardly concentrate on anything over the humming of the bees and the sound of Ty's voice.

She tried to recapture the sense of serenity she had possessed moments before. She found herself a little too agitated to do that, so she just settled for feeling okay. She was glad to have Ty nearby. Geneva could fight if she had to, but she wasn't good at it. She wasn't the type to cower behind someone else, but she didn't like to fight if she didn't have to.

"Addison is a good girl. Very spirited. Jefferson adopted her earlier in the year," Geneva said, offering a little backstory for her younger counterpart. "How old do I look?" Geneva asked coyly, winking at the younger man. She laughed softly before she answered him. "I am three years old," she said. "How old are you, Ty? And how old were you when you left Phoenix Valley?"
[/html]