thread title missing
[html]

Green hued eyes roamed across the rainy, wet weather. She hated the wet. Though it was better than wet and cold. It wasn't too terribly cold, a rather nice temperature she reasoned. Her paws sloshed against the wet grass, dampening her tanned fur. Asariel padded around several trees, trying to find a dry spot. She lowered herself down daintily and just sat there. Cabin, shmabin, she decided. She never wanted to go along with what everyone else was doing. Besides, she reasoned that if she found that right someone and they had a little house, then she could move in with them if they so permitted it. Then she went on to think that if they didn't really want a full term relationship, then so be it. Asariel was always lenient.

A little drop of water fell from the above limbs and landed on her snout, causing her to go cross-eyed momentarily. Was the world really trying to torture her with being wet and cold and horrible? She reasoned that yes, yes, it must be. She hunkered down and listened to the rhythmic pitter-pattering of rain hitting fallen leaves and stones, moistening the earth. She had to give it credit, though. It seemed to know just when it needed water. Asariel closed her eyes and let the cooling breeze wash over her body and ruffle her fur, tossing her long mane to and fro. Tired as she was she began to doze lightly, just when her stomach growled. Muttering to herself she decided to put her hunger off just a little bit longer. If it got to the point where it started to hurt, and it would, she knew, then she would hunt. But until then, she would rest.

But she wasn't allowed to rest for long. Her stomach did eventually get the best of her and angrily, she pushed herself up and decided to look around for something small, just to take the edge away. A fowl, perhaps, or some other small creature that was easily caught. Anything to get rid of the annoying grumbling in her stomach.

[/html]
She slushed quietly through the rain, she didnt like getting wet but it was a small price to pay. the youngster walked down the path to Da Vinci's, she had spent the morning praticing stalking and such, until the rain came down. Rendall had about a five miles to go, she sat down and took a breath.

Rendall had grown alittle since her arrival to Pheonix Vally, but she was still too young for any major pack hunts, so she just practiced when she could, how unfortunate that the best practice place had to have been miles away from the cozy cabin. The branch she was under gave out and poured water all over the pup, she growled to herself and shook her head "Ugh, why me?" she looked up at the sky, it showed no signs of givin in

She glared at it and continued her way down the path.
[html]

Asariel was so lost in her thought about more logical things that she failed to notice the little cub that was wandering down the path. She ran her long fingers and claws through her thick mane, staring out into space. A small cracked twig caught her attention though, snapping her out of her silent reverie. "Oh, hello there," she said warmly, smiling at the youngster. If it was one thing that Asariel always found room in her heart for, it was pups. They were (mostly) innocent and sweet, though could always find the odd brat here and there.

She sat forward and and clasped her hands. Being in her fully shifted form was always easiest, she reasoned. She found it most comfortable, though being in just her lupus form was comfortable as well. So many decisions. She then decided, on a random note, it was best to introduce herself first to the pup. "My name is Asariel." She said in a friendly tone, smiling widely.

[/html]
Rendall jumped at the sound of another wolf, and looked around, her deep blue eyes met with tuorqoise ones, she cocked her head to one side, finally the she-wolf came into view. The pup smiled at her, "Hello My name is Rendall, I was on my way over to where i live."

She looked at the female, the she- wolf was practically sopping with water, "would you like to come with me? you can stay for a while at least till the rain clears up, ill biuld a fire and set up some warm water for coca, itll help you warm up."
[html]

Asariel was mildly surprised at the generosity of the youngster. She wasn't fully sure she should barge in on the little one's home, but she was wet and starting to get a bit chilled. "Well, alright Rendall. If you're sure I won't be intruding," the young woman said. She really did hate intruding, mainly because she knew she wouldn't appreciate it if someone had intruded on herself. Although if she had offered one to join her, she probably wouldn't mind then so much. Maybe it was the same way with Rendall.

She stood up and shook herself off, sending water droplets flying everywhere. Grimacing as her fur lifted and parted with the wet, she stepped over to the little one. "Thank you very much, little one. I appreciated it," she said, her eyes traveling skyward as the rain peppered her face with wet. Ugh, gross.

[/html]
The little pup laughed "Of course your not intruding, i'm inviting you in, so dont worry about it." She giggled as the she-wolf shook herself off and then proceeded to fallow her, it felt good getting the moisture out of her fur it was getting kinda annoying

She smiled at Asariel, "your welcome." the pup got up and with a flick of her tail for Asariel to fallow and began to lead the way to the cabin. "The cabin is just a few miles away from here we'll be there in no time if we just fallow this path."
[html]

Asariel smiled at the youngster. "Thank you," she said gratefully, following the little female along the path. The path was obscured by thick brush and her skin shuddered as cool raindrops rolled off the green leaves and managed to get to her skin. She shook herself off once more, rustling the leaves as she hit them. Thunder boomed above them and Asariel's green eyes wandered to the heavens. From what she could see through the thick canopy of trees, the sky was near black. She knew the earth needed rain, it was mandatory.

She said no more as she walked, deciding that she would save chit-chat for when they were in a safe, warm environment. At the sight of the quaint little building, Asariel briefly wondered if she should get with the now and get herself a home. Then she reasoned there was always the possibility that Lysander might offer up his home to her -- something she doubted, but it was possible nonetheless.

[/html]
The pup sighed in relief at the sight of the cabin where her and her gardian lived. Da Vinci himself was never home that often but Rendall was use to being alone, she shook herself off once more and trotted over to the house, she held the door open for the female and fallowed her in.

Once inside Rendall made sure the fire was still going and after giving Asariel a towel to dry off with she set to work getting some water to heat up.
[html]

Asariel smiled and sat down on the floor by the fire, shivering luxuriously as the heat spread through her body. She watched Rendall prepare the hot water and wondered what she was doing. She didn't really like being here -- it smelled like DaVinci and she didn't really like him, and she couldn't help but wonder if he would disapprove of her being in his home. Her eyes glanced at the young pup again, wondering how the subleader had come across her. She looked at her tattooed foreleg as the fur began to dry and return from wet-sand color to her normal golden hue.

"What are you making?" Asariel asked, her voice leaking curiosity. She'd never seen anyone make something by heating water to the point where it boiled. Her kind was learning, it was indeed. The young woman's eyelids felt heavy as the heat started sinking further, below her skin, and she momentarily, briefly, considered moving from her cozy spot, then decided against it. Though, the thought of dozing off and DaVinci finding her here did scare her a bit...

[/html]
Rendall smiled at the female, she looked alittle uncomfortable though, "Oh, dont worry about Da Vinci, he rarely comes home, so you can relax." She continued to search the cabinets for coca ingredients that she needed, if it was any two things Rendall knew how to make over a fire, it was coca and fish. She turned her attention back to Asariel " Hmmm? Oh I'm making coca, its a warm sweet drink my mother use to make for me when i was younger, during the winter, i would come back to our den from lessons with the elders, my mother, the packs healer, would gather a bunch of herbs together and a few other things to make this, i always loved it."

She found the coca powder she made a while back and grabbed the vanilla and a handful of marshmellows. "Yup, she always seemed to know what would cheer me up." the pup smiled at the she-wolf and mixed the powder and water together in a cup, and after adding some vanilla, put a few marshmellows in each. She handed the she-wolf a cup "The marshmellows are those little white things, they're alittle weird at first but after a while you learn to love them. oh and be careful on the first few sips, its pretty hot." She grinned at Asariel and sat down on the floor next to her and allowed the fire to quicken her drying fur, it felt nice to get out of the rain
[html]

Asariel took the cup of hot, brown liquid and stared at it for several seconds. Not knowing what to expect, she raised it to her mouth and drank some, only to yank the cup away with a yelp. "Ooo! It's hot!" She exclaimed, then realized that Rendall had previously warned her of the liquid's scorching heat. She blew on the hot chocolate, her tongue throbbing and becoming temporarily numb. Once the steam had resided to just a thin wisp, she decided to try again. Carefully, timidly this time, she raised the mug to her mouth and took another sip.

It tasted amazing and her taste buds exploded with the rich flavor. "Oh," She said again, her bi-colored eyes widening in surprise. "This is wonderful, Rendall! Where did you learn to make it?" she asked, looking at the black cub. She was a sweet little thing, taking the strange woman into her house and making her this sweet drink. She decided, after a few more chugs of the hot chocolate, to try one of the marshmallows. She speared the frothy thing on her long, pinky claw, lifting it out of the hot chocolate and popping it in her mouth. She made a face (temporarily) at the consistency and chewed, letting the sweet, sugary thing explode in her mouth. She looked at Rendall. "That's it," she said, "You've spoiled me with these sugary things. The marshmallows are amazing!" She gushed, spearing the other one with her claw and chewing on it. Spoiled, spoiled indeed.

[/html]
Rendall giggled at the female, it was always fun to watch as people have thier first taste of hot coca. "I learned how to make it from my mother, she was a healer in our old pack, she made all kinds of things and taught me how to make raw food taste delicious with a variaty of herbs."

Rendall giggled again when she looked at the females face at the taste and texture of the marshmellows. it was always delightful to watch. she only then noticed the females unique eyes. "Hey you have eyes like Ty, wow i wish i had eyes like that, they're so pretty."

Rendall blew on her coca and took another sip of the sweet elixer, it's taste was amazing at comforting at the same time, it brought back many memories that the pup had with her mother. Asariels voice caught her attention, Rendall smiled at the female. "I try to spoil anyone when i get the chance i love to cook, and its always fun to see they're reaction that i use to have as well to the different tastes of everything."
[html]

The woman trilled a laugh as Rendall complimented her eyes. Her eyes had never been complimented before, come to think of it, after Honoré's complimenting on her birdhouse she hadn't received such a compliment. "Why, thank you Rendall. You have nice eyes yourself. You know Ty?" Her voiced leaked a bit of surprise, though why she didn't know. The pup had been living with DaVinci after all, and Ty was DaVinci's son -- the little tyke was bound to run into him sooner or later. "He's a nice guy, Ty is." She nodded, taking another sip of the liquid, before noticing with some dismay that it was almost gone.

"So, where did you come from, if you don't mind my asking?" Curious she always was. She knew that the little one hadn't been here too long, but as to how long she wasn't sure. Asariel herself had been here over the length of almost five months, seeing as she had come here on the last day of February. She shuddered at the thought of the winter months. Why, why had she left her cozy, warm, sunny home in California for Nova Scotia?

[/html]
Rendall nodded and grinned, " Yeah he is, Ty is like my older brother, his father is my gardian. I met him when i was fishing, like you, he never tasted it cooked before, so i cooked for him, as well as Xeris and Pendzez."
She smile and looked at the females cup, it was empty and so was Rendalls "Would like some more? i can show you the ingredients that way you can make some for yourself its really quite easy."

She got up and went into the kitchen to fetch some more vanilla, when she heard the she-wolfs quetion. "Hmm? oh i came from the tundra up north, around the same area where Pendzez came, me and my mother lived in a pack up there, but we were chased out after my father, the former alpha, was killed, a few months later me and my mother lived alone for a about a month but she died from wound infection given to us by the pack, i remembered she told me about this place so i came down to find it and thats when i met Da Vinci, i've live with him for about a month now."

The pup was sad about her mother but it didnt hurt the pup too much talking about her past. she had had it pretty good for a while, and after Da Vinci had found her in the darkest and loneliest time of her life her life had been shined upon by the spirits, she found a whole new and growing family.
[html]

The woman listened to Rendall's explanations. So the little one had a talent in cooking, like Asariel had a talent in herbs and healing. She nodded in acknowledgment, handing the girl her mug. "Yes, I would very much like to know how it's made, though I'll probably turn into a hot chocolate addict after this," she said with a smile, her voice light and airy. It was true, the wolfess would most likely develop a sweet tooth, but it would disappear, she hoped. Sugar wasn't good for you. Not too much of it, anyway.

"So Rendall, up North hm? I'm from the South West, in California. It's very different than it is here," she said, then added, "I'm sorry about your family. My clan was wiped out by a terrible disease. I managed to escape, but my family did not," she said, her expression and tone growing somber as she remembered her mothers face, so like hers yet so different. Older, her eyes an icy blue. She didn't remember her father very well, then again...Angels show up in the strangest of places, don't they?

[/html]
"I'm sorry about your family, i'm sure you miss them very much." the pup began to pull out the ingredients again, she showed Asariel each of them and explained what they were " alright the brown powder is coca, its a forn of a type of seed usually found in the warm areas, its hard to make like this you first have to crush it all up and then add some heated sugar cane to it, then you let it all cool and crush it up once more, this brown liquid is vanilla, its made from a small white flower also found in warm areas, however all this stuff grows around Pheonix vally in the summer, so i try to stack up." she smiled at the female.

"to get it into a liquid you crush the flowers while they're moist and boil them in a bowl of water over on open fire, then you keep it nice and warm till it gets like this, a nice thick liquid and then you store it in a bottle, its all kinda hard to make at first, but it can last you for months on end,the marshmellows are made by heated sugar can and some water mixed in together and baked."
[html]

Asariel watched with piqued interest, mentally taking notes as the pup threw together the ingredients. The world of humans was so interesting, she thought. If only they, mere wolves and werewolves, could master their world. It would be great for all of them. They could master technology, that would be a big help. But then she sighed. If they all did that, they would lose the simplicity that they had now. Simplicity was a beautiful thing.

"Thank you for showing me, Rendall," the woman said, her voice smooth and inviting. She stored this information away in her mind, then briefly wondered what there was to talk about next. Perhaps she would delve into DaVinci. "So DaVinci found you, right? He seems like an okay guy, from what I've heard. I only ran into once or twice." In fact, it had only been twice. Once at the pack hunt and again when he was drunk. She wrinkled her nose -- that hadn't been a pleasant experience, but she took it with a grain of salt. That what you had to do in life. Take it with a grain of salt.

[/html]
Rendall recalled the first day she met the silver male, "Yes he has been taking care of me as well as Anya, she is another new one around here, shes a grey she-wolf, and a good frined of mine ahe came down from the south as well as you but she came from a place called Colorado, i havent got the slightest idea where that is, but yeah, Da vinci took us both in, hes been kinda depressed lately not long after i came to live with him a child he knew was killed by that pup-eating monster down at the beach, he was never really the same after that, but then again who would be? "
[html]

Asariel nodded slowly. Anya huh? She made a mental note to meet the wolf. She had to branch out, meet her pack mates. She sighed. Since when had that become such a task? Maybe since her thoughts were mostly on Lysander lately. She'd have to keep tabs on that man, simple as that. She looked back at Rendall, who was still talking. She tuned in and listened as she said something about Colorado. "Oh, that's not far from where I lived."

She listened to Rendall speaking about DaVinci being depressed. Depressed? Why? She listened to something about a child being eaten by a pup eater. Well, that was different. "I'm sorry. I understand that he would be different after that...I think almost anyone would be, especially if it was someone you loved dearly."

[/html]
"yeah so hes been out alot. however i think hes doing slowly better, he isnt drunk as much anymore." the pup thought about how it seemed over night that the siver wolf went into a deppressing stage where he wouldnt even get out of bed and then one day he just got up and left only to return back as his old self, it had all confused the child very much she suddenly noticed that the sun was finally out and the light ray was hitting her leg just right...."oh great" she muttered to herself alot when her fur showed its true face, it seemed as though anything within a foot showed off a blue tint as her highlights reflected the sunlight.