Try to let go of the truth, battle for your youth
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... able-3.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: ahaha, Mael discovering the pack! | How about Mael "teaching" the "skill" of talking to plants and Vigi teachs him something? For the Treasure Game!

Mael was walking absent-minded around that strange territory, so big and weird as he only lived in a planet not bigger than a cottage. With a few steps, he could walk around it. There was so many more plants and flowers than his usual simple flowers, or even his rose. His rose...

His grasp around the fox plushie in his arms got tighter, as he recalled of his friend, the Fox, who taught him about taming and true friendship. It was him that made that plushie and gave it to him. He was supposed to loose his bound with the old plushie, but he couldn't. It meant way too much for him; the last thing about his fox.

The sun was in the top of the sky, beautiful and yet so imponent. And it grew even more beautiful as it ended the day, as it crawled to the edge of the horizon, letting the stars shine brightly. A smile of hope to see the sunset again flashed in the young husky mix's childish traces, and he quickened the pace of his two legs. He felt anxious to discover what was in this place that was so appealing, and, more important, who else lived here. Every step was a new experience. Perhaps that was why it was so appealing. There was so much in this world to be seen! That was just fascinating.

He was almost hopping around when he something called -no, demanded- his attention. A flower. But not just any other flower. A forget-me-not, blooming from the hard soil, lightened by just a tender beam of light. The young husky face twisted into a surprise expression, followed by a warm smile. "Good afternoon!" He greeted the blueish plant, still astonished by it's beauty. He didn't feel the breeze blowing around them, but the flower bended up and down, as if it was nodding to him. "Good afternoon, sir!", it said, the angelic voice of the plant making his jaw hang open. "It's a pretty voice you have!" He praised the flower, that giggled, and he thought that it could have blushed if possible. "Thank you, sir. You have wonderful eyes, I must say." The flower replied, noticing his sky-blue eyes. He blushed himself under his rich fur, a sheepish smile forming in his face. "It's good to meet you, miss. I'm Mael. What is your name?" He said, the voice still embarassed but turning curious in the end, mostly in his question. "I'm a Forget-Me-Not. And you, who might you be, mister?" she said -the answer rather obvious; flowers don't usually have especific names- and he smiled. "I'm Mael Addeins. That's a nice name you got. Very emotive." He said back, and she giggled again, glad. "You, too, have a beautiful name, mister Mael." She said back, and he blushed once again.

They talked on, telling about their lives, and the husky mix foudn that her life had been rather boring, as he was the first one besides the other plants to talk to her. Also, he discovered living in such a hard soil was very hard. "I can help. I can take you somehwere else. You'd discover other sceneries, have a easier life." He offered, willing to help the bored Forget-me-not. "Thank you, sweetie, but I'd rather not." She answered, but still glad of him offering for that. "Why not?" He almost demanded, tilting his head to one side. "Because it's the hard parts of life that makes it so interesting and worthwhile, little one. Thanks to the hard soil, I had grown strong to endure the colder days and nights. Thanks to my solitude, I get happier when someone comes to meet me. If life was always good and easy, than it would be boring, because there would be nothing to motivate us to keep going." The flower explained, her voice sweet and wise, and the boy mused about that. "You're right..." He thought out loud, and the flower smiled, happy to see he understood what she meant.

After a while, his eyes came back to reality, and he smiled to the forget-me-not. "I have to go now... It was very nice to meet you, miss Forget-Me-Not. I promise I'll come back to see you again someday." The male said, getting in his feet, as he had been sitting cross-legged as the conversation lasted. "Don't need to hurry, little one. I'm not going anywhere." She said, giggling of her own joke. He laughed with her, a childish, delighting laughter. She then sighed, and waved good-bye with one of her leaves, and he waved her back, imaginating their next meeting.

He had barely noticed, but the sun had went down half way from it's central throne, heading to the sunset the boy so longed for. He found a smooth, oval stone to sit at. When he did, a gasp The landscape was just marvelous. There was a depression filled with evergreens and lingered to beach plants, until the forest just ended there, leading to a white-sanded beach and back to the sea, that had color of his eyes. He gasped, gazing at that wonderful scenery, his tail wagging flowly and yet quick, while he mused about what the forget-me-not had said. "She is so right..." He thought out loud again, his childish voice breaking, followed by emotioned tears falling from his eyes to his cheeks. He remembered at his rose, that had said something like that once...

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leboat.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

ooc -

seems the game has changed, buuuuut, we can still do that, if you want? :3 301 words.

ic -

Coming up behind the young male, Vigilante glanced down at the little fox plushie the boy had. He still was trying to adapt to the human aspects of the lives led in this area, and though he knew of toys, he had never owned one himself. "Who is right?" he asked, then gestured with his hand at the ground next to the boy, as if to ask, "Is this seat taken?" It most obviously wasn't, but he thought it would be very polikte to ask the young boy if it was, even if the question was silent. He smiled, tongue lolling out of the side of his mouth, as his muddied eyes studied the boy. It was a joy to see someone with dog heritage around here, and within his own pack! The boy was so young, though; what was he doing alone, presumably, in the pack? He knew of no one having pups in the pack, or joining with pups.

Sitting down where he had gestured just moments before, the mixed man offered his hand to the boy. "I'm Vigi. Who are you?" His curly tail wagged behind him, matching the pace of the boy's tail near perfectly. He didn't expect that the youngster would know what the word "vigilante" meant, but all the same, he chose to give a sohrtened version of his name. It sounded more friendly to his own ears, Vigi instead of the heavy word Vigilante. When dealing with the young ones in life, it always helped to be as friendly as possible. Vigilante did like children, as well, so he always softened just a bit around them. It had been his one and only rule, in his former life; absolutely no children were to be involved, directly or (hopefully) indirectly. He was strict about that.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... able-3.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: Oops, I forgot that... XD Well, it seems okay with me^^

Mael watched the sun ink the sky with yellow and orange as it crawled closer and closer to the horizon when his ears flickered backwards to the sound of a male voice. He spun his head to the side, where his bright sky blue eyes, wide with the surprise of the sudden company, watched the odd-colored male get near, his maw hanging slightly open. It was an innocent face, as the male gestured to the seat near the husky mix. He nodded, the face empty as he watched him sit, the tail wagging almost as his own.

His watchful eyes sinked into the other's green eyes, noticing he was rather hidding his name. The copper hued boy really doubted his name was Vigi. Maybe a nickname, but not his name. Unfortunately, he found nothing about his real name. It rather frustated him, but not so much to fade out his joy to have company. It was always a delight.

He then smiled an innocent, warm smile, fitting his childish traces. His eyes glanced to the male and locked back at the sun. "Nice to meet you, mister Vigi. I'm Mael." he said, still glaring at the bright yellow sun. "Forget-Me-Not..." He also said, answering his first question. It might not be a very good explanation, but it was the correct one. His curly tail -the curl more loose than the male's- wagged a bit more slowly, his attention back to his meeting with the blueish flower, not a few minutes long ago.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leboat.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

359 words.

Vigilante studied the youth beside him as the youth studied him, both watching one another silently for a moment. The man was glad to know he was not the only one in the pack now that was not of wolf heritage, although he did know that Jacquez had a little bit of dog in him, at the very least. Mael, however, looked to be pure dog, what with his fur pattern and the curl of his tail that so very much matched Vigilante’s own fluffy tail, although it was not as tightly curled. “Well, it’s nice to meet you, too, Mael.” He did want to ask further questions, such as why the boy was all alone, but it was not his place to ask such a question upon first meeting the young one. For all he knew, something terribly tragic had happened to his parents, and that was why he was all alone. Regardless, it was not his place to ask, but only to help if necessary, and take care of those in need. Wasn’t that what justice meant, relatively? It wasn’t the textbook definition, but it did fit.

Who was this Forget-Me-Not? That was a terribly strange name for someone to have, Vigilante mused. And the man had certainly heard some strange names in the past. In fact, he viewed his own name as strange, and likewise, he felt his sister’s name had been strange. Who named their children for their futures? And furthermore, who named their daughter Martyr? That was like signing her up for death - which, Vigilante knew, his parents had done upon their birth, whether they knew it or not. “Who is Forget-Me-Not? That’s a right strange name. . . Isn’t that the name of a flower?” He knew a little of plants, but not much. Lilies, roses, forget-me-nots. . . Those were flowers he knew the names of. Perhaps, though, Forget-Me-Not’s parents just liked flowers. That was a good enough idea, wasn’t it? However, Vigilante was not satisfied with that explanation, so he waited for the youth at his side to answer his question with a proper explanation.

[/html]
[html]
*stupid keyboard... WIP*

Mael smiled again as the male answered him, hiding the curiosity glither from his deep sky-blue eyes. That male had a somewhat glow of mystery. It thrilled the young hybrid, that had the mind full of questions. he had a hard time holding his sharp tongue, as it wasn't the best moment for him to let out the river of interrogations upon that mysterious adult.

His muzzle was pointed to the sun, but his eyes lyed in that weird adult male. His brows furrowed as he asked about miss Forget-Me-Not. That was, certainly, a weird name, but it was beautiful still. Besides, it was the name of an interesting new friend of his. "Yes, indeed it is. She is not that far from here. Actually, she is near those bushes." The boy said, pointing out to where he had came from. The flower's delicate voice echoed inside his mind, her wise words still amused his innocent mind. He was way too young to have enough experience to ever understand what she meant. Once more, only time could allow him to make other things. And, again, that meant he'd have to grow. Too bad...

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

ooc -

Now that I know you're finished with the post and I'm not still confused by the "WIP," I'm sorry for the wait. ^^;

ic -

His eyes following the direction that Mael told him his friend was located, Vigilante was mildly confused, since he saw no one over there but some bushes and other smaller plants. Evidently, this Forget-Me-Not was an imaginary friend of sorts. He wondered what it would have been like, to have a period in his life when he was a puppy that he could do the things he perceived as normal puppy things to do. When he had his own children, Vigilante would make sure they were able to have a normal puppy life, as long as they were able to determine between reality and what was not truly there. He hoped that this young pup was able to determine those things, as well.

"I don't see anyone over there, Mael," he responded, not well versed in the ways of puppies. If he had been taught how to behave with puppies, he likely would have played along, or gone over to investigate the bushes. Maybe he could have made it a game to find out which bush stole Mael's new friend. Unfortunately, he did not know how to play, really. His own puppyhood had been stolen from him at a young age, but he and his sister had found their own small games together in the cave they lived in alone. But that was his own sister, and it was such a long time ago. . . Vigilante could hardly remember ever being as young as Mael at all.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: --

Mael watched Vigi look the way he had walked, andHe supposed it was to check where she was. Even though the distance, he could clearly see the tiny path that would lead to Miss Forget-me-Not. The male spoke, saying he couldn't see her. Well, not even himself could, but that was alright.

Mael Jumped off the stone he had been sitting and gave a few steps toward his friend's location. Looking over his shoulder, he stared at the male before speaking, his childish smile always there, kind and warm. Cheerful. "Come! I'll take you to her.", he said, looking away from the other mix. Not checking if the other male would follow, he went to his friend once again. In a few seconds, there she weas, as beautiful and fragile as she had been the last - and first - time he saw her. That sure was good.

She bowed again, greeting him, and he nodded, answering her with a big smile. Sitting in front of her, his deep sky blue eyes lying on her, he spoke once again. "I want to introduce you to someone I just met." He said, finally looking back. "Be careful to don't step on her, okay?" He warned, not yet sure if the male was or not behind him. 'It's alright, Mael. I get those things all the time, but you know I'm tough. I can overcome those things.' She said, with a calming tone, her leaves bowing back and forth the slightest, like patting his paws reassuring. He glanced to her and giggled once, a delightful sound chimmering in the air, as good as the amazing sunset in the horizon, getting closer and closer to its end.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

ooc -

I appreciate you editting your post so that it makes more sense. 325 words.

ic -

Shrugging curiously, Vigilante followed the puppy's enthusiasm skeptically. Really, he had not seen anyone over there, so Mael's friend must have been very small, or just hiding. He had met orphaned pups before, so tiny as they often were, and many times, they chose to name themselves. It was highly plausible that Mael's friend was young and alone, perhaps hiding because she was not a member of the pack, and had named herself after a pretty flower. The malamute-shepherd mixed man did not put much stock in names chosen by those without the experience to know more about the world, since they were often flowers, or cute little animals, like a little girl Bunny he had once met and saved from a crazed uncle of hers. She had been alone for her entire life and had chosen her own name. Names given by parents or adults tended to suit the pups better, it seemed. his name was not an example.

Standing behind the pup in his pack, Vigilante was far more confused than before. There was no one there except for an actual Forget-Me-Not. That was even stranger than an imaginary friend, or an abandoned puppy with a strange, self-assigned name. "Mael, I do not see anyone there. There is only a flower," he said, voice sounding slightly strange to his own trained, adult ears. He did not expect that Mael would pick up on the small bit of distress tainting his voice, but only his confusion. Unfortunately for the puppy kneeling on the ground in front of him, Vigilante was not well trained in the art of handling pups. He had too much of a grasp on reality, so seeing the young ones who could not grasp such a concept was confusing to the adult. His childhood had been nothing but training, and he had not had much chance to help raise his nieces and his nephew. "There is no one there," he repeated.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: Really, really really sorry for the wait!

The male spoke, and Mael was surprised. Who else would it be? Her name made it obvious, more than anything else. Adult could be bigger, but they sure were stupid sometimes.

The husky hybrid tilted his head, confused. "Exactly." He replied simply, moving the back of his paw up and down the flower's stem, sometimes rearranging her beautiful blue petals. It was so simple. There were just them three, who else could he be expecting? of course, not even a pup would have a name like Forget-Me-Not. It was too long to remember, even though it was ironic. Forgeting a name that should not be forgotten. Rather funny, even.

Looking down at the flower, he smiled widely. "So, this is Vigi. Vigi, this is Miss Forget-Me-Not." He said, introducing the flower to the wolf, and the way around. He hoped that silly adult would behave better near his friend. What would she think of him?

[/html]
[html]

I think we should probably wrap this up soon, since it's from the beginning of July. 300+ words.

_____The idea that Mael really wanted him to meet this flower was a little absurd. This pup, though Vigilante was trying to keep in mind that he was only a young one, did not seem to have a very firm grasp on the idea of reality. Perhaps he had grown up with a sense of heightened reality, and he was expecting too much out of his young pack mate. Unfortunately, the hybrid man did not believe that was the case, as he found it incredibly obvious that Mael did not seem to know the difference between what was real and what was fabricated by his young mind. It was not something he thought was particularly good. In fact, he found that it was a waste of brain power to not be able to see the distinct line between fact and fiction. Everyone was given a sharp slap of reality at some point in their life, and though he wouldn't wish it to be hard on the boy, he hoped it came relatively soon.

_____Studying the flower that the pup was touching, Vigilante supposed he should say something, to try and be polite, at the very least. It was awkward to even consider the idea of talking to a flower. Who in the world spent their time doing something so absurd? Evidently, his young acquaintance did. Bending down to be at a more acceptable level for the pup and flower, Vigilante paused. "Hello, Miss Forget-Me-Not," he offered, skeptical of the whole situation. He did not expect that the flower would respond, but perhaps this was part of Mael's game, to pretend to make them talk. "What do you suppose it is like to be a flower, Mael?" he questioned. Perhaps he could draw something out of the boy with the question. Maybe the pup would admit that he knew the flower was not going to respond, or maybe he would respond for "her," as part of the game he played. What if he did not know it was fake, though?

[/html]